• Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
He already is.

I wonder what total nonsense about his religion will be repeated as fact this time around?

Personally, I was very disappointed with the whining about his faith. It is immaterial to me what religion someone chooses to practice.

There was a time when it was thought that a Catholic could never be POTUS.... and then along came JFK.

After the Coordinated Political Assassination of of Tom Delay, Romney was My first choice of the field that developed. Now I'd put Him first again, with Huckabee second, I'd love to see a prominent position for Sarah, Cabinet Level minimum.

I'm very surprised you mentioned an absolute slime like Huckabee. there couldn't be a more two faced, selfish and bitter person. Can't hold back on that guy.

I wasnt offended at all. Quite the opposite. nice to have discussions with respectful people.

So while We are here getting ready to leave Huggy's Thread in the dust, may I respectfully ask You Your take on "Big Love"? Do You find it helpful or hurtful, or a mixed blessing to LDS???

The biggest problem I see with the show, although I have never watched it, is that from what I understand it portrays the Fundamentalist LDS faith (FLDS). This is a completely separate sect that broke away from the mainstream LDS faith and many people confuse this and believe every Mormon today practices polygamy. I think that can be a bad thing with some of the recent things going on with the FLDS and some of its leaders like Warren Jeffs.

There is no such thing as a "Mormon Fundamentalist." If there were such a thing, we would be it, not the breakoffs

Personally, I was very disappointed with the whining about his faith. It is immaterial to me what religion someone chooses to practice.

There was a time when it was thought that a Catholic could never be POTUS.... and then along came JFK.

After the Coordinated Political Assassination of of Tom Delay, Romney was My first choice of the field that developed. Now I'd put Him first again, with Huckabee second, I'd love to see a prominent position for Sarah, Cabinet Level minimum.

I'm very surprised you mentioned an absolute slime like Huckabee. there couldn't be a more two faced, selfish and bitter person. Can't hold back on that guy.

I agree! There's something about Huckabee that just makes me suspicious. Mitt, on the other hand..... yeap, I would consider voting for him.

Continuing a theme from a few posts back:

I don't recall ever meeting ANY Mormon (not even the mormon missionaries who were utterly unable to convince me of anything about their religion) whom I would consider bad people.

Whatever one might think of their religion, I gotta join with those who commend the Mormons as people. There may be some exceptions, but for the most part, judging by the Mormons I have met in my life, they are decent, good people.

Has anybody here ever had a truly negative experience at that hands of a Mormon?

I have. There is such a thing. The Bishop who interviewed me to be baptized eventually cheated on his wife, apostatized and ran away from his family of 6 kids for a younger woman.

I don't recall ever meeting ANY Mormon (not even the mormon missionaries who were utterly unable to convince me of anything about their religion) whom I would consider bad people.

Whatever one might think of their religion, I gotta join with those who commend the Mormons as people. There may be some exceptions, but for the most part, judging by the Mormons I have met in my life, they are decent, good people.

Has anybody here ever had a truly negative experience at that hands of a Mormon?

I have. There is such a thing. The Bishop who interviewed me to be baptized eventually cheated on his wife, apostatized and ran away from his family of 6 kids for a younger woman.

"apostatized!" Now that there is a cool word, if it IS actually a word! :confused:

In any event, once he apostatized I hypothesize that he ceased to be a Mormon, and thus he cannot be one of the bad people who are Mormons.

Convenient?

You BET!

:razz:

So while We are here getting ready to leave Huggy's Thread in the dust, may I respectfully ask You Your take on "Big Love"? Do You find it helpful or hurtful, or a mixed blessing to LDS???

The biggest problem I see with the show, although I have never watched it, is that from what I understand it portrays the Fundamentalist LDS faith (FLDS). This is a completely separate sect that broke away from the mainstream LDS faith and many people confuse this and believe every Mormon today practices polygamy. I think that can be a bad thing with some of the recent things going on with the FLDS and some of its leaders like Warren Jeffs.

I have known several active LDS families that are plurally married, mostly in Salt Lake but a couple around Denver, too. It doesn't matter at all if the LDS church approves or not. The families certainly consider themselves LDS, and that is what counts.

No, what counts is the truth. Just because Islamic terrorists think they're doing god's will by killing infadels, doesn't mean "that's what counts." They are not approved by us and our official leadership, and that's the truth.

Miss California.

That's funny.

On an unrelated note, I have some questions for our CJCoLDS (Mormon) buddies:

Has anybody found those missing Gold Tablets yet?

And, when one gets REALLY REALLY hungry, is it still okay to eat your travel companions?

The plates were removed for safekeeping by Moroni the angel. they will be back. We will all get to see them one day.

Dude you crack me up! The Donner Party were not Mormons.

No. But the Mormons took advantage of the poor bastards thus getting them to the point where they had to engage in cannabalism.

Which makes the Mormons who did that to the poor bastards even lower than cannibals.

Unless, of course, I'm just all wet on this whole "history" thang. :razz:

The show distinguishes well and paints LDS in a better light.

I've watched it a couple of times. It doesn't hold a flattering light on the church.

Hollywood is well known for showing the worst side of Christianity and "Big Love" is no exception.

Nothing about the show gives me the feeling..."Hey, I wanna join that church!!"

The title itself is corny and creepy. I saw a few clips of the show. Definitely not members of our church. If they attend it is not with all the wives and they are kept secret from the Bishop. They are lying. But what is more likely is that they attend their own breakoff religion that has many similarities with the real church.

Do they dance? I love dancing!!!!

animated_elaine.gif

Don't let the smile fool you. I got moves.

I need evidence!

I'm the tallest one. But I only dance with a mask on.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8vyfG1aJW4]YouTube - jabbawockeez michael jackson[/ame]

I agree! There's something about Huckabee that just makes me suspicious. Mitt, on the other hand..... yeap, I would consider voting for him.

You do know about him getting busted for having a secret family after the elections right?

and how about this one?
White Civil Rights » Mike Huckabee Hard Drive Scandal
or his role in the release of serial rapists
Documents Expose Huckabee's Role In Serial Rapist's Release

"apostatized!" Now that there is a cool word, if it IS actually a word! :confused:

In any event, once he apostatized I hypothesize that he ceased to be a Mormon, and thus he cannot be one of the bad people who are Mormons.

Convenient?

You BET!

:razz:

Not convenient for his wife and kids. Not convenient that he was once a voice for our church.

Miss California.

That's funny.

On an unrelated note, I have some questions for our CJCoLDS (Mormon) buddies:

Has anybody found those missing Gold Tablets yet?

And, when one gets REALLY REALLY hungry, is it still okay to eat your travel companions?

The plates were removed for safekeeping by Moroni the angel. they will be back. We will all get to see them one day.

No. But the Mormons took advantage of the poor bastards thus getting them to the point where they had to engage in cannabalism.

Which makes the Mormons who did that to the poor bastards even lower than cannibals.

There is no truth to the story that we in any way caused donner party suffering.

Last edited:

You do know about him getting busted for having a secret family after the elections right?

and how about this one?

I tend to treat this sort of stuff - particularly when it comes to light when it is most serendipitious - with a large pinch of salt. Not that it isn't true but I'm always suspicious about timing.

But..... I have a serious question about Mormons..... How come y'all get married so young?

and how about this one?

I tend to treat this sort of stuff - particularly when it comes to light when it is most serendipitious - with a large pinch of salt. Not that it isn't true but I'm always suspicious about timing.

But..... I have a serious question about Mormons..... How come y'all get married so young?

Because time is a wastin. We desire families and we know what we want and don't have the hardest time picking apart a potential spouse hoping they're gonna be perfect.

Also Brigham Young once said that any man over the age of 27 and unmarried was a menace to society. also, due to presentism, that statement doesn't apply to our day, community and age.

Interestingly enough, I can't think of too many guys that age or above that are single, that contribute much to society.

Last edited:

There is no truth to the story that we in any way caused donner party suffering.

On that point, we disagree.

But to the extent that some Mormons did deserve some level of blame, I do not actually attribute that to Mormons in general. I was just being jocular on that level, before.

Forum List

Back