Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
The atonement works with the crucifixtion and the resurrection. Each are the work of God in the life of the Christ. Each are equal, none more important or any less imporant than the other two. We, creations of God, as we go through life, can ponder and pray about the significance of each in our lives, and the overwhelming majesty of Jesus Christ in our lives to transform men and women into His sons and daughters.

Avatar, focus on the Christ and you will be fine.

Glad to see you give an honest opinion instead of some grim mystical warning. I like everything you posted. :iagree:

What the heck do the JWs have to do with anything?

JW, Mormon, whatever.......my point isn't to count angels on the head of a pin so we can distinguish Mormons from JW.

My point is that there is a prevalence of these characters appearing on all the message boards I've sampled. If this is an organized effort....like say......dressing up in a nice pressed shirt, tie and riding bicycles in pairs from one house to another, then its brilliant!

Most of the responders (including myself) to this thread wouldn't spend 2 minutes talking about the subject if Biblestudy, or Bibletruth, or Truthteller showed up at our doorsteps.

I've been on four message boards, and have wasted a great deal of time posting and reading others' posts. This is the first in depth discussion of any particular religion I've ever encountered.

what the heck do the jws have to do with anything?

jw, mormon, whatever.......my point isn't to count angels on the head of a pin so we can distinguish mormons from jw.

My point is that there is a prevalence of these characters appearing on all the message boards i've sampled. If this is an organized effort....like say......dressing up in a nice pressed shirt, tie and riding bicycles in pairs from one house to another, then its brilliant!

Most of the responders (including myself) to this thread wouldn't spend 2 minutes talking about the subject if biblestudy, or bibletruth, or truthteller showed up at our doorsteps.

i've been on four message boards, and have wasted a great deal of time posting and reading others' posts. This is the first in depth discussion of any particular religion i've ever encountered.
beware

Mormons are not christians

Just two seconds ago you said it was a good thing we were calling ourselves Christians. Now its not true. Make up your mind.

We seek to follow Christ and use His atonement in our lives to repent of our sins. Alright, you got us. We must be buddhist. its the only thing that makes sense.
will you be going to middle school next year, or still in grade school?

So what your saying is that a child can see the flaws in your arguments and make yo ulook ridiculous?

The atonement works with the crucifixtion and the resurrection. Each are the work of God in the life of the Christ. Each are equal, none more important or any less imporant than the other two. We, creations of God, as we go through life, can ponder and pray about the significance of each in our lives, and the overwhelming majesty of Jesus Christ in our lives to transform men and women into His sons and daughters.

Avatar, focus on the Christ and you will be fine.

You didnt answer either of my questions. How do you determine who knows Christ and who doesnt?

How can you determine that someone who preaches the Redemption of Christ to not know Him?

i've been on four message boards, and have wasted a great deal of time posting and reading others' posts. This is the first in depth discussion of any particular religion i've ever encountered.
beware

Is there something bad about an in depth discussions on faith that is dangerous? Worst thing that can happen is you might learn something. May not change your viewpoint. but you can learn about others.

Grim, mystical warnings? Truthspeaker, go and read some of the discourses and conference reports of the 1850s and 1860s and 1870s by your church's prophets and leaders. Your church had a history of that, like many churches.

Avatar, your questions are irrelevant. Your sole duty is to focus on the Christ. There you will find your path.

beware

Is there something bad about an in depth discussions on faith that is dangerous? Worst thing that can happen is you might learn something. May not change your viewpoint. but you can learn about others.

Will you discard the book of mormon?

beware

Might learn something? Now, that is downright scary. Who would want to learn something?

If there were an in depth discussion of any topic, the reader could learn something, and who would want to do that?

Remember, ignorance is strength!

Just two seconds ago you said it was a good thing we were calling ourselves Christians. Now its not true. Make up your mind.

We seek to follow Christ and use His atonement in our lives to repent of our sins. Alright, you got us. We must be buddhist. its the only thing that makes sense.
will you be going to middle school next year, or still in grade school?

So what your saying is that a child can see the flaws in your arguments and make yo ulook ridiculous?

no, i'm saying you have the mind of a child and cannot understand anything.

Avatar, your questions are irrelevant. Your sole duty is to focus on the Christ. There you will find your path.

Forget it Jake, she can't hear you.

Avatar may not hear me, but the spirit of Jesus cries out to her heart continually. Who knows? The day may come when she will open her ears to hear.

Is it your opinion that the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints are not Christians despite their core belief that Christ is the savior of mankind?

That opinion would be difficult to support, IMO.

no, i'm saying you have the mind of a child and cannot understand anything.

What because i dont believe your unsupported claims? Yeah that's incredibly stupid. We should just agree with you for absolutely no reason just because you say so. We should ignore all historical and physical evidence. We shouldnt bother to read anything that you dont like. And moreover, we should ignore the Holy Spirit, simply because you dont like what He has to say.

That makes a whole lot of sense. Who should I believe, froggy or God. You've made a persuasive argument, but I think Im going to go with my Lord and Savior.

I am focused on Christ. That's why i joined His Church. That's why I read all of His scriptures and expect to hear much more from Him in the future. That is why I teach His word. That's why I testify of Christ. And constantly seek knowledge through His Holy Spirit. You think Im doing it because I don't focus on Christ?

If you are so focused on Christ, why are you so opposed to His work of Redemption and Gathering in the latter days as all the Holy Prophets prophecied?

Fabulous. You guys can't even tell the difference between men and women and you are going to teach me the things of God. I think the words of the Immortal Puck sum this up nicely "Lord, what fools these mortals be."

And for the record, just because your arguments, facts, and literacy suck, does not mean that I'm not listening to you. You see in order to have a discussion both sides need to pay attention. You haven't been. You havent backed your statements up. You haven't even made coherent statements. You think that somehow someone is going to trip over themselves to accept your viewpoints when you cant write clear enough to get them across and refuse to answer any questions about them?

Repeating the same thing over and over with absolutely no attempt at discussion or to support your position is not persuasive. Try to put in even alittle effort here.

Fabulous. You guys can't even tell the difference between men and women and you are going to teach me the things of God. I think the words of the Immortal Puck sum this up nicely "Lord, what fools these mortals be."

And for the record, just because your arguments, facts, and literacy suck, does not mean that I'm not listening to you. You see in order to have a discussion both sides need to pay attention. You haven't been. You haven't backed your statements up. You haven't even made coherent statements. You think that somehow someone is going to trip over themselves to accept your viewpoints when you cant write clear enough to get them across and refuse to answer any questions about them?

Repeating the same thing over and over with absolutely no attempt at discussion or to support your position is not persuasive. Try to put in even a little effort here.

I've shown you facts, but your like joey, out of touch with reality. joe was a con and the book of mormon is nothing more than a tool used to deceive.

I've shown you facts, but your like joey, out of touch with reality. joe was a con and the book of mormon is nothing more than a tool used to deceive.

repeating yourself over and over again is not a fact. Posting prophecies that were fulfilled and claiming they arent are no facts. linking to text written and refuted over 100 years ago isnt a fact.

You dont have a clue what the Book of Mormon says and you expect anyone to accept that you are a credible source about it?

repeating yourself over and over again is not a fact. Posting prophecies that were fulfilled and claiming they arent are no facts. linking to text written and refuted over 100 years ago isnt a fact.

You dont have a clue what the Book of Mormon says and you expect anyone to accept that you are a credible source about it?

Just read the book, it all made up. None of the so called authors existed.

Forum List

Back