Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Froggy, that is why I counsel Avatar to work on her relationship with Jesus. That is where the meaning of humanity all begins and ends. The LDS say the same thing, so all of her other ramblings and mutterings are irrelevant.

you can't serve two masters,LDS do.

Not all LDS. I read a poll earlier in the year that stated that only 59% of active LDS now consider their church the onlly right church. And you and I both know that certain Church of Christers or Pentacostals or whatever can be every bit as silly as certain of the LDS when it comes to the "one true church" koolaide. There is only one true Jesus Christ, and that is Who the seekers will meet on their own roads to Emmaeus. Luke 24:13-35.

they need to deny the book of mormon to start.

It's really a shame you guys arent even bothering to read anything you are responding to before you respond. One of these days maybe you will. I hope I will see that day when it happens.

Not all LDS. I read a poll earlier in the year that stated that only 59% of active LDS now consider their church the onlly right church. And you and I both know that certain Church of Christers or Pentacostals or whatever can be every bit as silly as certain of the LDS when it comes to the "one true church" koolaide. There is only one true Jesus Christ, and that is Who the seekers will meet on their own roads to Emmaeus. Luke 24:13-35.

Are you claiming that Christ established many different churches teaching contrary doctrine? Are you claiming He didn't estbalish any Churches?

There is only supposed to be one body of Christ. The idea that there are many bodies of Christ is a foreign concept to the scriptures. How can all be Christ's if they dont follow the Doctrine of Christ or even know of it? How can they be Christ's if they dont teach Baptism by water and the laying on of hands? If they deny the resurrection?

Is God the author of Order or Confussion? Will you answer or will you continue to deflect?

Froggy, that is why I counsel Avatar to work on her relationship with Jesus. That is where the meaning of humanity all begins and ends. The LDS say the same thing, so all of her other ramblings and mutterings are irrelevant.

Her? One who cannot discern/or intentionally misrepresents gender counsels others?

Grim, mystical warnings? Truthspeaker, go and read some of the discourses and conference reports of the 1850s and 1860s and 1870s by your church's prophets and leaders. Your church had a history of that, like many churches.

Please, I know of the Christian Scientists and JW's "predictions" but I would appreciate an illustration of other churches that did the same (of the Christian persuasion).......and yes, there is a trap to my question.

We do? Please, enlighten me.

joe and LDS

The Frogmeister is speaking out of his boundless ignorance again.

I know some Mormons. I may not BE a Mormon, but I know enough about their religious beliefs to tell you this much:

The religion does nothing to make Joseph Smith a "master" of anything.

Quick Quiz: Is it the Church of Jospeh Smith of Latter Day Saints? No?

It is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Ah. I bet ya that serves to make it clear to MOST folks that Jesus Christ is the acknowledged Master, along with God the Father.

joe and LDS

I know some Mormons. I may not BE a Mormon, but I know enough about their religious beliefs to tell you this much:

It is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Ah. I bet ya that serves to make it clear to MOST folks that Jesus Christ is the acknowledged Master, along with God the Father.
but they serve joe and his fairytale book

joe and LDS

Bump because the frogmeister's petty animosity should never be the only thing bumping this thread!

Im curious if he will. It be nice for a change. You wouldnt think it would be pulling teeth to have people explain and support what they are trying to argue.

Do you serve Paul, or Christ whom He preached?

Why do you presume we serve our fellow servants and not Christ whom is taught by them?

You still havent told me what is incorrect in the Book of Mormon.

but it's so much easier just to spew nonsense. It happens all of the time on these forums (not just on this one)

I know. It's sad. Imagine how much more we could accomplish and learn if people would just take responsibility for their positions and support them?

Her? One who cannot discern/or intentionally misrepresents gender counsels others?

An irrelevant comment by you, Arawyn, a red herring that does not inform the discussion at all.

Grim, mystical warnings? Truthspeaker, go and read some of the discourses and conference reports of the 1850s and 1860s and 1870s by your church's prophets and leaders. Your church had a history of that, like many churches.

Please, I know of the Christian Scientists and JW's "predictions" but I would appreciate an illustration of other churches that did the same (of the Christian persuasion).......and yes, there is a trap to my question.

Thank you for springing the "trap" in the first half of your sentence before giving the warning. If you don't know your early Second Great Awakening history, particularly in the Case Western Reserve, and its impact of millenialism, then I suggest you go read.

Answer the question is this true? Mormons must believe that Joseph Smith was the Prophet, Seer, and Revelator -- the means through which the "true Gospel" was restored to the earth. You cannot become a Mormon and doubt the words of Smith! "Latter-day Saints revere Joseph Smith as a prophet in the tradition of biblical prophets like Moses and Isaiah. Church members believe that his doctrinal teachings and instructions concerning the Church's organization resulted from divine revelation, not his own learning." ("From Farm Boy to Prophet," The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).

Do you serve Paul, or Christ whom He preached?

Why do you presume we serve our fellow servants and not Christ whom is taught by them?

You still havent told me what is incorrect in the Book of Mormon.

If you compare joe to paul, you are serving joe.

Paul preached Jesus Christ. Joseph preached Jesus Christ. Both wrote new scripture.

How are the comparisons at all invalid?

Forum List

Back