Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
The guy used to rip off farmers before he came across the religion con. He claimed he could use divining rods to find water. After a couple weeks when he wasnt able to produce results, he skipped out of town with a fist full of dollars in his hand and a mob of pissed of farmers on his trail. This happened more than once. He also claimed he could find people treasure, using those same rods. I forgive the ignorant people from those times, but you people in the modern age have no excuse for believing in that garbage.

Source please. I might add that your boy Moses did the same thing. Hopefully you're willing to forgive him too;)

Moses aint my boy. He as crazy of the rest of you religious wackjobs. Yes my name is Godboy, but my avatar is a pentagram. I mock religion with glee, particularly the really crazy ones like Scientology, Islam and Mormonism. If its any concellation, of the 3 dumbest religions on earth, yours is in third place, so at least you got that going for you.

I mock Islam, Scientology and I tweak the occasional Mormon.

Except, Scientology isn't really a religion. It's Science Fiction based fraud. Not much more to it.

And Islam is fucking vile shit. Allah said so! Don't believe me? Just ask Hammer and Sickle-cell boi, Proletaerianism, or whatever that dickless idiot calls himself.

And mocking another person's faith is really classless. You oughta be ashamed of you.

I know I am

ashamed of you.

Moses aint my boy. He as crazy of the rest of you religious wackjobs. Yes my name is Godboy, but my avatar is a pentagram. I mock religion with glee, particularly the really crazy ones like Scientology, Islam and Mormonism. If its any consolation, of the 3 dumbest religions on earth, yours is in third place, so at least you got that going for you.

Ah I see. You have absolutely no support for your position so you have to resort to mocking. How utterly ironic that you mock the Book of Mormon when it describes you so perfectly.

[Joseph Smith] put all his effort into KEEPING THE PLATES HIDDEN in a gold hungry society, not into showing them to everyone.

(sigh) Truth, did JS show them to anyone? Did one individual say that s/he actually saw them with his/her own physical sight?

Did you bother to read the tesimony of the 13 witnesses I posted. All who claimed Joseph showed them said plates and engravings.

And you, Truth, along with Avatar, I believe, were nattering on sometime earlier about blacks being the spiritual recipients of those spirits in the "pre-mortal" existence who were somehow less valiant than other spirits in the spiritual war between Jesus and Lucifer. I pointed out that the last of the LDS apostles who smacked of that type of Rudger Clawson racism (look him up) were D. Stapely and M. Romney. All that nonsense went out with Kimball's inclusion of the blacks into the blessings of the priesthood and temple, et al. Really, you don't understand your own denomination's history and culture.

Let's talk about what's being misunderstood:

The less valiant doctrine was applied to those who were born in an age where there would be no access to the priesthood. What many fail to understand is that this applied not only to blacks but to everyone else who wouldn't get a chance to have it.
And who really cares if they were less valiant then?
It's about what you've done lately that will save you, not what you did in the pre-existence. Lucifer was VERY valiant before he turncoated. None of that matters. The truth is the truth and we would do well not to be offended by it. God doesn't care about your idea of political correctness.

How about the doctrine taught by Gordon B. Hinckley in which he is quoted "Now the Lord has sent some of his most valiant and talented spirits in to these people(blacks). They too were prepared before the foundation of the world. Reserved until the last hour to fight against Satan during his hardest push to overthrow the work of God."

But certainly this quote doesn't get any press from people like you. You want to strain at a gnat and swallow a camel just like the Pharisees. Please consider your double talk more carefully before you attack someone more knowledgeable than you. It's not arrogance. It's eternal truth:)

To quote the emperor from "Mulan":
No matter how loud the wind howls, the mountain will never bow to it.

You are the wind. The doctrine is the mountain.

The guy used to rip off farmers before he came across the religion con. He claimed he could use divining rods to find water. After a couple weeks when he wasnt able to produce results, he skipped out of town with a fist full of dollars in his hand and a mob of pissed of farmers on his trail. This happened more than once. He also claimed he could find people treasure, using those same rods. I forgive the ignorant people from those times, but you people in the modern age have no excuse for believing in that garbage.

Source please. I might add that your boy Moses did the same thing. Hopefully you're willing to forgive him too;)

Moses aint my boy. He as crazy of the rest of you religious wackjobs. Yes my name is Godboy, but my avatar is a pentagram. I mock religion with glee, particularly the really crazy ones like Scientology, Islam and Mormonism. If its any consolation, of the 3 dumbest religions on earth, yours is in third place, so at least you got that going for you.

Why thank you for that. What made you decide that God doesn't exist? What are you going to say to God when you find out you were mocking someone you don't even believe in or know? How can you mock something you don't know? Does that seem smart? Are you just jealous because you don't have any direction in your life? What's it like not having any answers to questions regarding life or the injustices that occur? How empty does it feel to have no hope of ever seeing loved ones again after they die?

[Joseph Smith] put all his effort into KEEPING THE PLATES HIDDEN in a gold hungry society, not into showing them to everyone.

(sigh) Truth, did JS show them to anyone? Did one individual say that s/he actually saw them with his/her own physical sight?

Did you bother to read the tesimony of the 13 witnesses I posted. All who claimed Joseph showed them said plates and engravings.

You mean the "13" co-conspirators? Many of which left the church........Why? If the plates existed.........who would want to leave the "real" and "true" church..............?

You mean the "13" co-conspirators? Many of which left the church........Why? If the plates existed.........who would want to leave the "real" and "true" church..............?

The more important question is, why if it was a fraud, did they go out of their way to affirm that they saw the plates even after having no vested interested in the Church? Take David Whitmer, he wasnt affiliated with the Church for years, but he still called up reporters before he died to tell them that He really did see the plates. Oliver and Martin both returned to the Church.

Simply because you know something is true and correct, doesnt mean you always live it. We are all sinners. Yet despite having every reason to deny their testimonies, they continued to bear witness that they saw the plates.

The only logical reason to do so is that they were being honest. They saw the plates and the angel. They heard the Lord proclaim that the Book of Mormon is true.

The more important question is, why if it was a fraud, did they go out of their way to affirm that they saw the plates even after having no vested interested in the Church? Take David Whitmer, he wasnt affiliated with the Church for years, but he still called up reporters before he died to tell them that He really did see the plates. Oliver and Martin both returned to the Church.

Simply because you know something is true and correct, doesnt mean you always live it. We are all sinners. Yet despite having every reason to deny their testimonies, they continued to bear witness that they saw the plates.

The only logical reason to do so is that they were being honest. They saw the plates and the angel. They heard the Lord proclaim that the Book of Mormon is true.

To be a mormon, you must be willing to believe a lie no matter how stupid it is.

To be a mormon, you must be willing to believe a lie no matter how stupid it is.

Like the story about a virgin giving birth to a baby boy?

Or the story of a human being who was both the Son of God and God Himself?

I know many folks who find those stories inexplicably stupid. Some people cannot fathom how ANY adult, who isn't severely retarded, could believe such a thing.

Last edited:

Except you havent shown where anything is a lie or how it is stupid. And it's not like you havent had plenty of opportunity to.

Simple concept. WHY would people no longer affiliated with the Church INSIST even upon their death bed they saw the Plates?

It's surprising to see how many people actually pay attention when we speak. We either ruffle feathers or command interest. I love it!

Forum List

Back