Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
It's surprising to see how many people actually pay attention when we speak. We either ruffle feathers or command interest. I love it!

"Pride cometh before a fall, sayeth the Lord." ;)

I sincerely hope you take that to heart. Maybe you will be more willing to listen to what the Lord has to say now rather than trying to claim He cant say any more.

Well I certainly hope you all had a GREAT Christmas, Jew and Gentile alike. I know I had a great Christmas spending it with all the Jews in this country who came to Disneyland with us. It was way less crowded and the park was beautiful. I even saw a huge character costume of Joseph Smith in the parade! It was awesome.

Making up your own religion sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I guess if I did make up my own religion, I don't know what purpose I'd be defeating. Please elaborate since I haven't done either.

Religion serves the purpose of worshiping God, instituted by God. Joe Smith just made a bunch of crap up and everyone knows it.

So your saying he just made things up and got extremely lucky with everything he nailed correctly? Personally, I think at some point you have to stop thinking it's just a coincidence and consider that there might be something to what he had to say.

I guess if I did make up my own religion, I don't know what purpose I'd be defeating. Please elaborate since I haven't done either.

Religion serves the purpose of worshiping God, instituted by God. Joe Smith just made a bunch of crap up and everyone knows it.

So your saying he just made things up and got extremely lucky with everything he nailed correctly? Personally, I think at some point you have to stop thinking it's just a coincidence and consider that there might be something to what he had to say.

Nah.

Nah.

So he didnt make things up. Glad to see you agree.

doesnt your god live in heaven on what planet? doesnt your god have sexual relations with the "heavenly mother"? dont you believe that you are part of the spirit of god going back to the beginning and that you will become a "god" in the afterlife? dont you also believe you can baptize the dead?

do latter day saints associate with those who are not of their religion?

doesnt your god live in heaven on what planet?
Heaven is more a state of existence than an actual planet. God lives on whatever planet he wants to. The name of the planet he most often resides on is not given. But the star closest to the planet is called Kolob. I get that you're trying to mock me on this but that's ok. It's the truth.

doesnt your god have sexual relations with the "heavenly mother"?
I don't know why people are mortified by the thought of sex in heaven. It's not a sin to have sex with a wife. It's one of the most powerful bonding experiences the two can have. But yes. We do believe that even though we don't talk much about it because sex is a sacred experience and shouldn't be spoken of lightly.

dont you believe that you are part of the spirit of god going back to the beginning and that you will become a "god" in the afterlife?

We do not believe that we are part of the spirit of God. He has His own spirit, coupled with His own body. Just like us. Individual. We do not believe that we "will" become gods, but that by obedience to the commandments of God, we can eventually achieve godhood in the eternities. It is not an instant transformation. Just think how long it will take to achieve all knowledge. That's about the timeline.

dont you also believe you can baptize the dead?

No. We do not baptize the dead. They stay in their graves. We do however perform baptisms FOR the dead by proxy. The soul of the person deceased, witnessing the act from the other side has the choice to accept or reject that baptism.

I live in San Francisco. I barely associate with lds members.

Heaven is more a state of existence than an actual planet. God lives on whatever planet he wants to. The name of the planet he most often resides on is not given. But the star closest to the planet is called Kolob. I get that you're trying to mock me on this but that's ok. It's the truth.

I don't know why people are mortified by the thought of sex in heaven. It's not a sin to have sex with a wife. It's one of the most powerful bonding experiences the two can have. But yes. We do believe that even though we don't talk much about it because sex is a sacred experience and shouldn't be spoken of lightly.

We do not believe that we are part of the spirit of God. He has His own spirit, coupled with His own body. Just like us. Individual. We do not believe that we "will" become gods, but that by obedience to the commandments of God, we can eventually achieve godhood in the eternities. It is not an instant transformation. Just think how long it will take to achieve all knowledge. That's about the timeline.

No. We do not baptize the dead. They stay in their graves. We do however perform baptisms FOR the dead by proxy. The soul of the person deceased, witnessing the act from the other side has the choice to accept or reject that baptism.

Hold it--Wait--Are you telling me that you believe that God is a space alien??

I reasoned it out through the use of theological claims and a priori logic, but some believers here got their panties in a wad and refused to accept it!!

At last, we have a christian that admits the truth!!! God is an E.T.!!

Hold it--Wait--Are you telling me that you believe that God is a space alien??

I reasoned it out through the use of theological claims and a priori logic, but some believers here got their panties in a wad and refused to accept it!!

At last, we have a christian that admits the truth!!! The Christian God is an E.T.!!

Forum List

Back