Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
You could pick any religion out of a hat and the skeletons in their closet would be far worse than any pretended to be of our religion.

Any religion is a pick list to choose from, but your basic point is generally correct. But that does not excuse you from the historical truth of your own set of beliefs. And that truth condemns much of it.

My name says it all buddy. I ain't afraid of truth. There are always two sides to every story. I haven't found any truths that condemn my religion. Care to share some with us?

As I was walking past the City-County building on State Street this morning, I heard a voice cry out as if it were a voice crying out from the wilderness. The voice said, "Look! Behold the legacy of Mormonism." And I looked and saw a multitude gathered in front of the Matheson Courthouse. There were many men, women, and children milling about. The women were of curious nature and had long ponytails that would have made Rapunzel jealous. There seemed to be some kind of post-Pioneer Day Celebration going on. I was mesmerized. Just then the voice said, "Look!" And I looked and saw old men hugging their granddaughters. And I said, "What's the big deal about that?" And the voice said, "That's not their granddaughters." "Who are these people," I asked. And the voice said, "Behold, these are the people who would not go along to get along when the Federal Government outlawed polygamy. They are the spawn of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." "But the mainstream Mormon Church decries and disavows polygamy," I said. And I heard the voice chuckle and say, "The mainstream Mormon Church is playing possum. Polygamy is still part of their canonized scripture. The mainstream Mormon Church lies to avoid governmental intrusion." "Wow, how can anyone ever fully understand the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," I said. And the voice said, "Listen!" And I listened. And the voice said, "To fully understand the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you must be in Utah but not of Utah." "In Utah but not of Utah? For how long," I said. And the voice said, "Until the twelfth of never, and that's a long, long time." And I said to the voice, "Who are you?" And the voice said, "I am Donald of OZmund." "Donald of OZmund, do you have a sister named Marie," I said. And as the voice faded away it said, "Yeah, what's it to ya?" Utah is getting "curiouser and curiouser."

Please excuse my language, but what the hell are you talking about? And as this seems ot be some sort of cut and paste do you have a source?

As I was walking past the City-County building on State Street this morning, I heard a voice cry out as if it were a voice crying out from the wilderness. The voice said, "Look! Behold the legacy of Mormonism." And I looked and saw a multitude gathered in front of the Matheson Courthouse. There were many men, women, and children milling about. The women were of curious nature and had long ponytails that would have made Rapunzel jealous. There seemed to be some kind of post-Pioneer Day Celebration going on. I was mesmerized. Just then the voice said, "Look!" And I looked and saw old men hugging their granddaughters. And I said, "What's the big deal about that?" And the voice said, "That's not their granddaughters." "Who are these people," I asked. And the voice said, "Behold, these are the people who would not go along to get along when the Federal Government outlawed polygamy. They are the spawn of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." "But the mainstream Mormon Church decries and disavows polygamy," I said. And I heard the voice chuckle and say, "The mainstream Mormon Church is playing possum. Polygamy is still part of their canonized scripture. The mainstream Mormon Church lies to avoid governmental intrusion." "Wow, how can anyone ever fully understand the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," I said. And the voice said, "Listen!" And I listened. And the voice said, "To fully understand the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you must be in Utah but not of Utah." "In Utah but not of Utah? For how long," I said. And the voice said, "Until the twelfth of never, and that's a long, long time." And I said to the voice, "Who are you?" And the voice said, "I am Donald of OZmund." "Donald of OZmund, do you have a sister named Marie," I said. And as the voice faded away it said, "Yeah, what's it to ya?" Utah is getting "curiouser and curiouser."

Please excuse my language, but what the hell are you talking about? And as this seems ot be some sort of cut and paste do you have a source?

He's doing the same thing Joey did, making up a story.

You guys say Joseph was such a brilliant conman, yet an idiot. But he died in abject proverty. Murdered by people who hated him simply for his faith. What conman does that? What conman doesnt try to make money, but in fact, regularly gives his possessions away for free? Your position makes no sense whatsoever.

The guy used to rip off farmers before he came across the religion con. He claimed he could use divining rods to find water. After a couple weeks when he wasnt able to produce results, he skipped out of town with a fist full of dollars in his hand and a mob of pissed of farmers on his trail. This happened more than once. He also claimed he could find people treasure, using those same rods. I forgive the ignorant people from those times, but you people in the modern age have no excuse for believing in that garbage.

Source please. I might add that your boy Moses did the same thing. Hopefully you're willing to forgive him too;)
Sourcew of moses being a con, please.

The guy used to rip off farmers before he came across the religion con. He claimed he could use divining rods to find water. After a couple weeks when he wasnt able to produce results, he skipped out of town with a fist full of dollars in his hand and a mob of pissed of farmers on his trail. This happened more than once. He also claimed he could find people treasure, using those same rods. I forgive the ignorant people from those times, but you people in the modern age have no excuse for believing in that garbage.

Source please. I might add that your boy Moses did the same thing. Hopefully you're willing to forgive him too;)

I am not saying that Moses was a con-man. But akin to YOUR stupid critique of Joseph Smith, the tablets which Moses carried are also missing. If missing tablets (of gold or stone) are an indication that the one who brought them to the people is a con-man in the case of J. Smith, then your logic would SEEM to suggest that Moses must have been a con-man, too.

I AM surprised that you consider Moses a con-man. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I am not saying that Moses was a con-man. But akin to YOUR stupid critique of Joseph Smith, the tablets which Moses carried are also missing. If missing tablets (of gold or stone) are an indication that the one who brought them to the people is a con-man in the case of J. Smith, then your logic would SEEM to suggest that Moses must have been a con-man, too.

I AM surprised that you consider Moses a con-man. I find your lack of faith disturbing.
But moses actually had the tablets. When joes story got out about looking for the gold plates other shysters came loking for them but joe quickly told he had found them but never could produce the actual plates. He told he was translating them from beneath the dirt through a seer stone he placed in a stovepipe hat, what a crock.

You could pick any religion out of a hat and the skeletons in their closet would be far worse than any pretended to be of our religion.

Any religion is a pick list to choose from, but your basic point is generally correct. But that does not excuse you from the historical truth of your own set of beliefs. And that truth condemns much of it.

My name says it all buddy. I ain't afraid of truth. There are always two sides to every story. I haven't found any truths that condemn my religion. Care to share some with us?

We have been over plenty of them. You simply won't (can't?) apply the same standard to your beliefs that you put on others. Not unusual.

Liability, I find your inability to use constructive reasoning disturbing. But there it is. You are a D level reasoner.

For everyone involved, I was referring to Moses using a rod to strike a rock to make water come out of it, not either of their being a con man. But hey everyone always has bad things to say about all prophets. There is not one who is immune to attacks of jealousy.

But moses actually had the tablets. When joes story got out about looking for the gold plates other shysters came loking for them but joe quickly told he had found them but never could produce the actual plates. He told he was translating them from beneath the dirt through a seer stone he placed in a stovepipe hat, what a crock.

Your logic is crooked. He put all his effort into KEEPING THE PLATES HIDDEN in a gold hungry society, not into showing them to everyone. That would NOT have been the smartest thing to do out on the frontier if you have ANY intention of trying to keep them.

We have been over plenty of them. You simply won't (can't?) apply the same standard to your beliefs that you put on others. Not unusual.

Nice sidestep:scared1:

Please, don't shy away from the issues you claim I ignore. Let's go 1 at a time and make it easy. I'll be waiting.:popcorn:

[Joseph Smith] put all his effort into KEEPING THE PLATES HIDDEN in a gold hungry society, not into showing them to everyone.

(sigh) Truth, did JS show them to anyone? Did one individual say that s/he actually saw them with his/her own physical sight?

Please, don't shy away from the issues you claim I ignore. Let's go 1 at a time and make it easy. I'll be waiting.:popcorn:

We have handled your issues here many, many times to Mormonism's disadvantage. Concentrate for a moment on who actually saw the gold plates.

And you, Truth, along with Avatar, I believe, were nattering on sometime earlier about blacks being the spiritual recipients of those spirits in the "pre-mortal" existence who were somehow less valiant than other spirits in the spiritual war between Jesus and Lucifer. I pointed out that the last of the LDS apostles who smacked of that type of Rudger Clawson racism (look him up) were D. Stapely and M. Romney. All that nonsense went out with Kimball's inclusion of the blacks into the blessings of the priesthood and temple, et al. Really, you don't understand your own denomination's history and culture.

We have handled your issues here many, many times to Mormonism's disadvantage. Concentrate for a moment on who actually saw the gold plates.

no one saw the so called gold plates. Joe cohersed with, Oliver Cowdery, David Whitmer, and the brains of it all, Sidney Rigdon. It was all made up.

Truth, who actually saw the golden plates, other than (give you the benefit of the doubt) Captain Moroni and young Joseph?

[Joseph Smith] put all his effort into KEEPING THE PLATES HIDDEN in a gold hungry society, not into showing them to everyone.

(sigh) Truth, did JS show them to anyone? Did one individual say that s/he actually saw them with his/her own physical sight?

Truth already answered that question. Try to keep up.

Oh, yes, the answer was yes.

Truth, who actually saw the golden plates, other than (give you the benefit of the doubt) Captain Moroni and young Joseph?

Do you even bother reading? The Book of Mormon begins with the testimony of the 12 main witnesses who saw and handled the plates. Their testimony has been provided to you multiple times. Are you still seriously trying to claim otherwise.

They arent the only ones either.

You guys say Joseph was such a brilliant conman, yet an idiot. But he died in abject proverty. Murdered by people who hated him simply for his faith. What conman does that? What conman doesnt try to make money, but in fact, regularly gives his possessions away for free? Your position makes no sense whatsoever.

Moses aint my boy. He as crazy of the rest of you religious wackjobs. Yes my name is Godboy, but my avatar is a pentagram. I mock religion with glee, particularly the really crazy ones like Scientology, Islam and Mormonism. If its any consolation, of the 3 dumbest religions on earth, yours is in third place, so at least you got that going for you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back