Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Jake, it's just that you have a better chance of making the bigs if you come from a voodoo country, it's a fact.
Truthy, did you mean that your Joe Smith liked to play with balls?

Hister did not play ball well at all with the other boys, and since puberty with any of the girls.

Jake, it's just that you have a better chance of making the bigs if you come from a voodoo country, it's a fact.
Truthy, did you mean that your Joe Smith liked to play with balls?

My how we digress. It's my fault for bringing up the Giants sweep over the hated team down south who shall not be named in this thread by me.

Joseph was good at everything he did athletically and was noted as being the strongest man in the county.

Until Abraham Lincoln, four years his junior, whipped his ass in early 1842 in a fight, refereed by Stephen Douglas.

If you're interested in this particular history, you might want to go to the Lincoln Library in Springfield, Illinois. They have a massive collection of the internal workings and disputes in the early Mormon community.

That is a super point. Very little has been done with Mormons and their problems in Illinois in context with Lincoln and Douglas, which I find an interesting omission.

Until Abraham Lincoln, four years his junior, whipped his ass in early 1842 in a fight, refereed by Stephen Douglas.

oh come on... it's never been confirmed that they ever met. We know that Joseph met Lincoln's best friend Josiah Steed and mary lincoln attended some of Joseph's trials but it's still not for certain that they met. They may have but if they ever fought, Mary probably wouldn't have been going to Joseph's trials to support him, and Lincoln would have been no match for a man that was a tall order for 6 men to take down.

oh come on... it's never been confirmed that they ever met. We know that Joseph met Lincoln's best friend Josiah Steed and mary lincoln attended some of Joseph's trials but it's still not for certain that they met. They may have but if they ever fought, Mary probably wouldn't have been going to Joseph's trials to support him, and Lincoln would have been no match for a man that was a tall order for 6 men to take down.

Truth, go read up about Lincoln, his brawling ability, and his strength. No man in Indiana or Illinois every got close to taking him, when in fact he fact could kick ass on anybody (Lincoln was a bookish man with a bawdy humor and an ability to brawl with the best of his "backwoods" companions (Today in military history: Abraham Lincoln born) ). Lincoln, when smacking Smith around, pointed to the sky, shouted "Eagle!", and when Smith looked up, Abe kicked him in the nuts. Don't mess with the Abe.

Truth, go read up about Lincoln, his brawling ability, and his strength. No man in Indiana or Illinois every got close to taking him, when in fact he fact could kick ass on anybody (Lincoln was a bookish man with a bawdy humor and an ability to brawl with the best of his "backwoods" companions (Today in military history: Abraham Lincoln born) ). Lincoln, when smacking Smith around, pointed to the sky, shouted "Eagle!", and when Smith looked up, Abe kicked him in the nuts. Don't mess with the Abe.

Hah! this is pointless but rich.

Joseph and Abe never fought. Where is this documented of this imagined altercation between two politicians who only would have fought before their political careers began. They would have had to have been younger and less occupied with politics to have engaged in a match.

What's up with this "Eagle" nonsense? Of course I know Lincoln was a tough dude. But he couldn't handle more than one which Joseph had done before. We'll probably never get anywhere with this but remember Joseph was strong enough to lift the plates around and still fight off an armed mob in the woods.

Hah! this is pointless but rich.

Joseph and Abe never fought. Where is this documented of this imagined altercation between two politicians who only would have fought before their political careers began. They would have had to have been younger and less occupied with politics to have engaged in a match.

What's up with this "Eagle" nonsense? Of course I know Lincoln was a tough dude. But he couldn't handle more than one which Joseph had done before. We'll probably never get anywhere with this but remember Joseph was strong enough to lift the plates around and still fight off an armed mob in the woods.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84bBzAxLXFY]YouTube - John West Commercial: Man Fights Bear for Fish[/ame]

A friend of mine recently told me that Mormons believe that Jesus visited the Americas and the natives did not follow him. As punishment he turned the natives skin red. As a general rule, I do not believe the random babbles of people about religions that they are not a part of but would like to know if this was completely off base here. Thanks.

The argument is about "pure and white" compared to "pure and delightsome." The change in these Book of Mormon terms have to with the coloring of the Lamanites and their wickedness. The second term replaced the first term after the 1978 announcement that all worthy blacks could hold the priesthood: that means they could have all of the work and blessings associated with a LDS temple.

Look the terms up and you will find plenty on it out in cyber land.

I'm not a homo, but am thinking of joining the mormons so I can sit around with other douchers and excommunicate homos. Should be a gas!

Forum List

Back