Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
“It is true that the blood of the Son of God was shed for sins through the fall and those committed by men, yet MEN CAN COMMIT SINS WHICH IT CAN NEVER REMIT. As it was in ancient days, so it is in our day; and though the principles are taught publicly from this stand, still the people do not understand them; yet the law is precisely the same. There are sins that can be ATONED for by an offering upon an altar, as in ancient days; and there are sins that the blood of a lamb, of a calf, or of turtle doves, cannot remit, but THEY MUST BE ATONED FOR BY THE BLOOD OF THE MAN.(Sermon by Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses,Vol. 4, pages 53-54; also published in the Deseret News, 1856, page 235)

Excellent quote from Brigham Young describing those who will not apply the blood of Christ in their lives. This answering period will last 1000 years where they will suffer in hell as Christ suffered in order to be redeemed and resurrected as opposed to the righteous being on the earth for the millenium during that same period.

“shall i tell you the law of god in regard to the african race? if the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of cain, the penalty, under the law of god is death on the spot. this will always be so.” (journal of discourses, v. 10, p. 110)

Thank you for omitting what he meant by "death". He goes on to elaborate that it was "spiritual death." and he was right at the time. The Curse over the priesthood had not been lifted and it was contrary to the will of God to intermarry at that time because an entire line of priesthood holders would have been wiped out and ineligible to receive it.

In God's timing which is not always politically correct, the time for the ban to be lifted was 1978.

“this is loving our neighbor as ourselves; if he needs help, help him; and if he wants salvation and it is necessary to spill his blood on the earth in order that he may be saved, spill it. any of you who understand the principles of eternity, if you have sinned a sin requiring the shedding of blood, except the sin unto death, would not be satisfied nor rest until your blood should be spilled, that you might gain that salvation you desire. that is the way to love mankind.” (sermon by brigham young, delivered in the mormon tabernacle, feb. 8, 1857, printed in the deseret news, feb. 18, 1857; also reprinted in the journal of discourses, vol. 4, pp. 219-220)

wait.... you didn't actually want the answer, did you? You wanted to pretend none of it was true?

This, people, if the truth about mormons

Yeah it sure is. thank you for your COMPLETE lack of understanding of the words of Brigham Young. First times were different, there was no Law in Utah since it was only a territory of Mexico and not a state in the US at the time he made this statement.

Second: He was referring to murderers or gross sinners who wanted to be forgiven of their sins and volunteer to die in return for the life they had taken. People could volunteer to die in order to answer for their murders. It was not a sanction for people to go and take the law into their own hands. Thank you for your ignorance on this matter. I'm glad I could set it straight.

the first mention we have of slavery is found in the holy bible,... and so far from that prediction being averse to the mind of god, it remains as a lasting monument of the decree of jehovah, to the shame and confusion of all who have cried out against the south, in consequence of their holding the sons of ham in servitude.... i can say, the curse is not yet taken off from the sons of canaan, neither will be until it is affected by as great a power as caused it to come; and the people who interfere the least with the purposes of god in this matter, will come under the least condemnation before him; and those who are determined to pursue a course, which shows an opposition, and a feverish restlessness against the decrees of the lord, will learn, when perhaps it is too late for their own good, that god can do his own work, without the aid of those who are not dictated by his counsel.”
(history of the church, by joseph smith, vol. 2, pages 436-438)

No one could have said it more brilliantly than Joseph Smith the Prophet. For God's laws are not required to be popular. His timing is better than ours. As is his understanding.

John Taylor, who became the third President of the Mormon Church, had this to say concerning the abolitionist Horace Greeley after Mr. Greeley visited Utah:
“... I WOULD NOT TALK TO HIM: I FELT MYSELF SUPERIOR TO SUCH A MEAN CONTEMPTIBLE CUR. I knew he was not after truth, but falsehood. “This Greeley is one of their popular characters in the East, and one that supports the stealing of ******* and the underground railroad....he is one of the prominent newspaper editors in the Eastern country, and he is a POOR, MISERABLE CURSE.” (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 5, page 119)

This is why I don't trust the Journal of Discourses. This is why it's never been part of our official doctrine. Because there are interpolations by some who are not the originators of their comments. I simply don't believe John Taylor would call anyone a "******". I've never heard of it's usage by any of our church leaders past or present and I just read the quote in my copy of the book and it reads "blacks" and not "*******".

All the evidence available shows that the massacre was perpetrated by an isolated group of Mormons, with the main leader by the name of John D. Lee.

Except for Young's involvement, condonement, and help covering it up.

But they tried to destroy all those documents...

There are no documents. Or you would have gladly posted them first. Of course you are free to suspect Brigham but sensible people who look at this objectively can easily conclude that there was no motive for Brigham Young to order such a massacre. It was also not feasible because if he wanted to order it, the order would have taken just as long to get to the local leaders as the letter he wrote saying "you must not meddle with them...Let them alone."

Sensible people conclude no such thing, truthspeaker. Speak for yourself on this matter.

The Padres and the Giants have to beat up each other for my Dodgers to sneak through. The Dodgers are, player for player, the best team in the west, but you can't prove it by the standings.

Hister is not for the United States of America. His type would be much happier in a compound with the brotherhood or out at the FEMA camp in Overton.

Forum List

Back