Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
The Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints are, regardless of Avatar alleges, of course Mormon. The LDS have tried to corral the title "Mormon" and the courts shot that down. A "Mormon" is any person who follows Joseph Smith as a prophet of the restoration and believes that the Book of Mormon as true, revealed scripture. To suggest one denomination in Mormonism are the only "Mormons" makes reason stare and is simply not supported by the professional occupations in the U.S.

No a Mormon is someone who is baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and who hasn't been excommunicated or voluntarily left.

Heaven forbid i actually look at the dictionary definition.

The dictionary definitions vary on this, and you know that, Avatar. Don't be duplicitous, please.

A member of the LDS church (Hq'd in SLC) is only one type of Mormon, for there have been hundreds of denominations within Mormonism since 1831. The Temple Lot Case (1893) awarded the legal church status of Joseph Smith's organization to the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints (now the Community of Christ), not the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If any church has a legal right to the word it would be the Community of Christ.

Let's stay with the facts, Avatar.

When I hear Mormon, I think of the slaughter of innocent children so they might go to heaven.

But that's probably just because of the historical facts regarding the religion.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4M39FRIGc"][/ame]

Of course they can find God. The Lord blessings the efforts we make to find Him.

And those who can't read can be taught. And I hope they are.

If some mormons marry several wives, there can't be enough girls to go around. What do all the single guys do? Turn gay?

The Church does not recognize plural marriages and has not since about 1890. You get kicked out if you have multiple wives.

So they've abandoned the Word of God as given to Joseph Smith (although he couldn't translate the template twice or remember what he made up the first time)?

Why have they ejected Gd, choosing Satan instead?

If some mormons marry several wives, there can't be enough girls to go around. What do all the single guys do? Turn gay?

The Church does not recognize plural marriages and has not since about 1890. You get kicked out if you have multiple wives.

So they've abandoned the Word of God as given to Joseph Smith (although he couldn't translate the template twice or remember what he made up the first time)?

Why have they ejected Gd, choosing Satan instead?

You are a bigot. A hater. Do not try to debate this with anyone that is actually in the church, you look like a fool. Plural marriages were ordered by Joseph Smith as the Prophet of the Church. In 1890 the then Prophet ordered them no more. Prophets act on God's word.

One of God's orders is to obey the laws of the Country you are in. By 1890 it was clear the church was always going to be in the United States. The laws of this country are clear. No Plural marriages. Thus God ordered the Prophet to do away with them with in the Church.

Next time perhaps you should actually LEARN about what it is you are going to attack, so you do not look like a fool and an idiot.

A non-Mormon actually can defend the LDS Church or any organization when necessary, for a non-member, if s/he be honest and without bias, has no axe to grind.

Sorry sarge, but plural marriages are still going on in the US and Canada. But from what I could tell, the women were extremely ugly, so it didn't seem like such a bonus to have to fuck them all once and a while.

Hister, you know very well those marriages are not authorized in the mainstream Mormon church headquartered in Salt Lake. They have not been since 1890. You are talking about smaller, crazy outfits of Mormonism.

Hister, you know very well those marriages are not authorized in the mainstream Mormon church headquartered in Salt Lake. They have not been since 1890. You are talking about smaller, crazy outfits of Mormonism.

They are considered part of the mormon flock, probably secretly okayed by the mormon pope. Now go wipe the shit off your lips.

They are considered part of the mormon flock, probably secretly okayed by the mormon pope. Now go wipe the shit off your lips.

No they aren't.

This is exactly why I dislike it when people dishonestly try to claim they are mormon when they aren't. It confuses people rather that lets them know the truth that these people have either been excommunicated or never been Mormon.

When I hear Mormon, I think of the slaughter of innocent children so they might go to heaven.

But that's probably just because of the historical facts regarding the religion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4M39FRIGc

And who was slaughtering innocent children to get to heaven?

is there something about mormonism that just requires people to make stuff up about us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4M39FRIGc

is there something about mormonism that just requires people to make stuff up about us?

Apparently. That last one is a very weird whopper, though. Clearly, some folks will say anything that pops into their so-called "mind."

You are a bigot. A hater.

You foll;ow God or Satan, according to the teachings of the Prophets and the Messiah.

If they believe that Smith was given the word of God, then to turn their backs on that Word is to turn their backs on God, thus choosing the god of this world.
Do not try to debate this with anyone that is actually in the church, you look like a fool. Plural marriages were ordered by Joseph Smith as the Prophet of the Church. In 1890 the then Prophet ordered them no more. Prophets act on God's word.

So God can't make up his mind? If the LORD is perfect and his words are perfect, why would he recant them?

Or did God suddenly decide a harem in which 1/3 of the girls were children was suddenly a bad thing?
One of God's orders is to obey the laws of the Country you are in.

So the Law of Man is more important than the Law of God? That doesn't sound like something God would say, but like something the Deciever would say.

:lol:

Don't know the history of your own church? When they slaughtered settlers and travelers passing through, the justification for the slaughter of the children was that the children could go to heaven if they were slain, whereas letting them live would mean they'd become stained with sin and go to hell.

Apparently. That last one is a very weird whopper, though. Clearly, some folks will say anything that pops into their so-called "mind."

I see you're not familiar with history.

I wonder whether they've a church at Mountain Meadows.

Is that anything like putting real Mosque actually AT Ground Zero?

JB, go take your meds, please. When you can make sense, try your discussion again.

quarter_seer.jpg

Deuteronomy 18:14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

Forum List

Back