Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
a gun maker and a TV host, LOL.
A doctor? No biggie.
So that's it I guess?
Gooberdom.

Oh no, there are many, many more I just listed three that I could remember off the top of my head. I'm not Mormon so I'm not really up on the who's who...

But why continue to beat around the bush? Why not just come out and say you hate Mormons? That's what this is really about.

I can't figure out what he wants. He wanted a Mormon who split atoms. I show him a nuclear engineer. He wants examples of Mormons who have discovered and developed things. I give him the Television, New heart surgery techniques. Not enough yet. Just not sure what he wants here.

Doesn't matter though. We could have the smartest people in the world. Doesn't mean our faith is true. The only way to learn whether Jesus is the Christ, Whether He rose from the dead. Whether the Book of Mormon is true or if Joseph Smith was a Prophet is to study it out and learn it directly from God. You have to learn the way Peter did, from the Father.

It's just one of those things of life.

I don't think he hates Mormons though. I just think he is highly skeptical and finds it completely irrational. I don't blame him for that. When you don't know anything about us, it be pretty easy to say we are absurd. When you look into what we actually believe and try to understand it, you will find that it's very rational. We just accept different premises.

I think he is just having difficulty coming to terms with his false perception of Mormons.

Last edited:
Just wanted to know whether mormons are all goobers like the ones who come to my door. And aside from maybe like, 2 guys (who didn't do all that much, dude didn't actually invent the tv, just one component...), it's total gooberdom.
Geez, mormons and mormon lovers are sure a touchy bunch.

Just wanted to know whether mormons are all goobers like the ones who come to my door. And aside from maybe like, 2 guys (who didn't do all that much, dude didn't actually invent the tv, just one component...), it's total gooberdom.

So, you believe that there are only two Mormons who are not "goobers"? Do you actually think that is based on reality?

So, you believe that there are only two Mormons who are not "goobers"? Do you actually think that is based on reality?

Why? What's the reality? That's exactly what I was asking.

A doctor? No biggie.
So that's it I guess?
Gooberdom.

I just got neg'd by Hister for defending Mormons, and I might add I am not even a christian.

This is his comment:
pawned me? try making some sense
Someone who says gooberdom, really shouldn't talk.:lol:

pawned me means traded me in for cash. goober lover.

Geez, I was just asking if there were any inventor or discoverers of anything from the mormon crowd. Sounds like a simple enough question. You 'tards are all defensive because you're frustrated that there are none, ok, maybe ONE guy who may have helped in the development of the tv. So you attack me. Mormons and their supporters sure are a mature crowd.

A doctor? No biggie.
So that's it I guess?
Gooberdom.

You will find that Most of the LDS on this board are fairly low key and hard to piss off. But you will also find I am quite capable of defending myself. Your name is quite interesting, tell us the entomology of it and why you chose it. Goober boy.

One of Nostradamus' "prophesies" (one usually associated with WWII, coincidentally) made mention of a "Hister." Since the rise of Adolf Hitler, the name "Hister" is presumed, by those who place stock in Nostradumas' prophesies, to mean "Hitler."

It must be true. I saw it on the History Channel.

A doctor? No biggie.
So that's it I guess?
Gooberdom.

You will find that Most of the LDS on this board are fairly low key and hard to piss off. But you will also find I am quite capable of defending myself. Your name is quite interesting, tell us the entomology of it and why you chose it. Goober boy.

One of Nostradamus' "prophesies" (one usually associated with WWII, coincidentally) made mention of a "Hister." Since the rise of Adolf Hitler, the name "Hister" is presumed, by those who place stock in Nostradamus' prophesies, to mean "Hitler."

It must be true. I saw it on the History Channel.

Geez, I was just asking if there were any inventor or discoverers of anything from the mormon crowd. Sounds like a simple enough question. You 'tards are all defensive because you're frustrated that there are none, ok, maybe ONE guy who may have helped in the development of the tv. So you attack me. Mormons and their supporters sure are a mature crowd.

Not attacking you at all. Just tired of you raising the bar every time your questions are answered.

Hister just has issues with Mormons being as screwed up, silly, and generally frustrating as all other American groups.

You are right that he keeps raising the bar.

Not attacking you at all. Just tired of you raising the bar every time your questions are answered.

Didn't raise any bar, all you had was the tv guy, a doctor, and a gun maker, I was just curious, that's all, now you can all go back to spinning wool.

Hister just has issues with Mormons being as screwed up, silly, and generally frustrating as all other American groups.

I know. And honestly, I don't blame him. I don't think I'd believe it if it werent for my personal experiences. It just seems like the constant raising the bar is a bit dishonest.

My only request from anyone is to honestly look at Mormonism. Read the Book of Mormon. Try to see things from our perspective. Actually ponder the principles and what we teach. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Didn't raise any bar, all you had was the tv guy, a doctor, and a gun maker, I was just curious, that's all, now you can all go back to spinning wool.

You asked if any Mormons have ever done something like Split an atom. I provided you a prominent nuclear engineer.

You then said you meaned invented something significant. I pointed out the Television.

Yet that apparently wasnt good enough.

But if that's not raising the bar fine. I hope your question was sufficiently answered.

I know. And honestly, I don't blame him. I don't think I'd believe it if it werent for my personal experiences. It just seems like the constant raising the bar is a bit dishonest.

My only request from anyone is to honestly look at Mormonism. Read the Book of Mormon. Try to see things from our perspective. Actually ponder the principles and what we teach. I don't think that's unreasonable.

You mean like that your god is an alien from another planet that nobody knows where it is? That's why I wanted to know basically if there were any intelligent people who believe in that.

Forum List

Back