Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Like lots of religions, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has some problems associated with it in terms of its literal written words and the application of logic.

But despite the fact that a "critic" of the Mormons (and of their religious beliefs) could exploit such things, I believe YOU happen to be very much correct in your assessment. I haven't seen any rude replies or anything but patience and civility from the participants here who are Mormon.

Therefore, I join you in applauding the way the Mormons in this thread have proceeded to discuss whatever has been tossed their way.

:clap2:

See, that's the thing.... many people on this forum seem to be exceptionally rude about the Mormon religion. I have no issue with them as a religion or as people.... What does really stand out though is that, despite being slammed, made fun of, criticized and ridiculed, they remain polite, pleasant and tireless in their patience.

I wander in and out of this thread to see who's whining at them etc and all I ever see from them is that endless patience.

They are the most remarkable bunch of individuals on the forum. Not one of them seems to let their side down. Impressive stuff.

For me, it is a breath of fresh air to hear such positive words from a non-Mormon about Mormons in this thread. Thank you.

By the way, when can we schedule your baptism?:)

I'll have a family member contact you immediate upon my death - then you can schedule me in asap. :eusa_angel:

See, that's the thing.... many people on this forum seem to be exceptionally rude about the Mormon religion. I have no issue with them as a religion or as people.... What does really stand out though is that, despite being slammed, made fun of, criticized and ridiculed, they remain polite, pleasant and tireless in their patience.

I wander in and out of this thread to see who's whining at them etc and all I ever see from them is that endless patience.

They are the most remarkable bunch of individuals on the forum. Not one of them seems to let their side down. Impressive stuff.

For me, it is a breath of fresh air to hear such positive words from a non-Mormon about Mormons in this thread. Thank you.

I'll have a family member contact you immediate upon my death - then you can schedule me in asap. :eusa_angel:

I honestly was not even thinking about our practice of baptizing on behalf of deceased persons. I hope you did not think I was.

I honestly was not even thinking about our practice of baptizing on behalf of deceased persons. I hope you did not think I was.

LOL. Of course not. I just couldn't resist a tug on the chain. LOL.... and even if you did baptize me when I'm dead, I would have no problem with it. I just don't have an issue with Mormons at all. I'm not one because I'm Catholic but I don't see that as a reason to whine about Mormons.

LOL. Of course not. I just couldn't resist a tug on the chain. LOL.... and even if you did baptize me when I'm dead, I would have no problem with it. I just don't have an issue with Mormons at all. I'm not one because I'm Catholic but I don't see that as a reason to whine about Mormons.

CGirl prefers pedophile priests and taking a back seat to men.

Every time I drop by this thread I am struck by two things.

1. How quick some idiots are to slam Mormons because they don't understand them or disagree with them.

2. How tolerant our Mormon members are.

If someone asked me who has earned respect on this forum, I'd have to say, hands down, it's the Mormons. They have outplayed every single idiot in this thread. Well done, guys.

Like lots of religions, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has some problems associated with it in terms of its literal written words and the application of logic.

But despite the fact that a "critic" of the Mormons (and of their religious beliefs) could exploit such things, I believe YOU happen to be very much correct in your assessment. I haven't seen any rude replies or anything but patience and civility from the participants here who are Mormon.

Therefore, I join you in applauding the way the Mormons in this thread have proceeded to discuss whatever has been tossed their way.

:clap2:

Thank you very much
stock-photo-take-a-bow-2846568.jpg

Now do you really think a woman from CALIFORNIA of all places in 2010 would do such a thing?
She obviously knows something you don't know.

You aren't even worth a neg rep... and, if you knew me, you'd realize just how relevant that makes your opinion to me.

You're a rather pathetic individual. But, thankfully, just an individual. Your stupidity is yours to own.

Any religion that has Secrets is not trustable to me.

Why is it there are so many things in the Morman relgion that are not open to the public?

To be honest, from the Mormons I know, they are fairly typical. Generally speaking, I find Mormons to be very tolerant and accepting of others. Most of us, me included, could learn a thing or two from them.

Thank you for your kind words. We all have some things we need to deal with though. If we didn't there would be no need for the Atonement. But thank God we have it.

I agree. They were tolorant and accepting of the mob money in the building of Las Vegas...and they were VERY tolorant and accepting of crazy Howard Hughes's fortune.

While it's true we settled Las Vegas originally, we later left and it was resettled at a later time. That would be the mob era you are refering to.

I've seen absolutely nothing in her posts that indicate that at all. I think you should stop maligning Catholics simply because of the actions of some rogue clergy.

Why is it there are so many things in the Morman relgion that are not open to the public?

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. We're not trying to keep anything from anyone. But we are trying to keep a reverence for God's ordinances in the Temple by not speaking about them and keeping them in their place. I'm sure you can go all over the internet and get all the "secrets" laid out by ex-members. You won't find them so amazing. It's just that we have respect for what goes on there and have promised not to discuss the details of the ordinances.

As far as secrets like "skeletons in the closet" secrets, we don't have those. I'm sure there are plenty of religious ordinances in other religions that don't broadcast their rituals either. Why don't you get on the Monks for not televising all their daily rituals up in the mountains, or the Catholics for not streaming live video of the council to decide who will be the next pope? I don't know all the details of this but I think it's a pretty safe bet that Islam and judaism have private meetings as well.

There's nothing wrong with privacy. I think privacy is a better word to use than secrecy.

everything

Well because of the sacred nature of the undergarments which you call "Magic Undies", I won't be able to tell you everything. I have made promises not to discuss them in detail. What I will say however in a nutshell is that they are a symbol and a reminder to us daily to keep the commandments of God, it's just that they are worn out of sight, rather than displayed out in the open like in other religions, who were their religious symbols on their heads, around their necks or on their whole body.
That will have to suffice.

Secrets make me think you dont believe your ideas can stand on their own.

I've seen absolutely nothing in her posts that indicate that at all. I think you should stop maligning Catholics simply because of the actions of some rogue clergy.

There is no cure for ignorance, Avatar. Allow them to wallow in their ignorance. They would wear out the patience of a saint - no matter whether it was a Mormon saint or a Catholic one. :eusa_angel:

The mormans also killed settlers who crossed near their land

No..."The Mormons" did not do this.

the perpetrators who at the time were members of our church were speedily brought to justice and excommunicated from our church. They did this on their own behalf. Not on our behalf. That's very ignorant of you to suggest.

Do you teach Calculus to children in elementry school?

Do you teach nuclear physics to people who don't know a thing about physics?

You think the Spiritual things in life are any different? The Lord only teaches us what we are prepared to know.

Everyone is free to know and learn all they want. But they have to be prepared or they won't understand what is being taught and it may end up being to their detriment. In fact, we invite everyone to qualify themselves so that they can learn how to enter God's presence and become like Him.

The only obstacle is ourselves.

Forum List

Back