Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
The Mountain Meadows massacre was a mass slaughter of the Fancher-Baker emigrant wagon train at Mountain Meadows, Utah Territory, by a local Mormon militia and members of the Paiute Indian tribe on September 11, 1857. The incident began as an attack, quickly turned into a siege, and eventually culminated in the murder of the unarmed emigrants after their surrender. All of the party except for seventeen children under eight years old were killed—about 120 men, women, and children were killed, but precise numbers have been debated.[1] After the massacre, the corpses of the victims were left decomposing for two years on the open plain,[2] the surviving children were distributed to local Mormon families, and many of the victims' possessions were auctioned off at the Latter-day Saint Cedar City tithing office.[3

The mormans also killed settlers who crossed near their land

Some did, contrary to orders. Of course, the fact that the Federal Government had invaded Utah to put down a non-existant rebellion and put everyone on edge didn't really help.

No one's perfect. Those who committed the crimes were excommunicated and incarcerated.

Justice was done.

everything

Well because of the sacred nature of the undergarments which you call "Magic Undies", I won't be able to tell you everything. I have made promises not to discuss them in detail. What I will say however in a nutshell is that they are a symbol and a reminder to us daily to keep the commandments of God, it's just that they are worn out of sight, rather than displayed out in the open like in other religions, who were their religious symbols on their heads, around their necks or on their whole body.
That will have to suffice.

Secrets make me think you dont believe your ideas can stand on their own.

Read the Book of Mormon and find out.

I dont have any problems with members of this religion.

I have family members who are morman and they are wonderful people.

I do not trust most organized religion.

Any time a religion denies the bad things it has done and refuses to allow family members to even attend weddings and such then they have SECRETS they have to keep from the world.

When your philosophy is so burdened with secrets you fail to believe your own self that your ideas can stand the test of fresh air.

The morman religion started with poligamy and blacks not being able to get into heaven.

How can you think devine people who can create a religion with these foul ideas?

Just for the record I would never deny the mormans the right to build a church wehre they wanted

The mormans also killed settlers who crossed near their land

Some did, contrary to orders. Of course, the fact that the Federal Government had invaded Utah to put down a non-existant rebellion and put everyone on edge didn't really help.

No one's perfect. Those who committed the crimes were excommunicated and incarcerated.

Justice was done.

Truthmatters has a habit of judging a whole group by the actions of the few... unless they're Democrats.

Just for the record I would never deny the mormans the right to build a church wehre they wanted

For the record, it's Mormon, not Morman. If you can't even get their name right, why the hell should anyone care whether you'd 'deny' them the right to build a church.

Then dont read my posts.

Did you know Mormons dont let non mormon family members attend weddings?

Any time a religion denies the bad things it has done and refuses to allow family members to even attend weddings and such then they have SECRETS they have to keep from the world.

When your philosophy is so burdened with secrets you fail to believe your own self that your ideas can stand the test of fresh air.

The morman religion started with poligamy and blacks not being able to get into heaven.

How can you think devine people who can create a religion with these foul ideas?

There is nothing wrong with Plural marriage when God commands it. The Lord has commanded it not to happen now. So the Lord is obeyed. He commands what He commands when He commands it and can change them at His pleasure.

Blacks have always been able to get into heaven. Which is precisely why I think you speak from ignorance rather than first hand knowledge and would invite you to actually study the doctrines and learn for yourself as every mormon will encourage. Read the Book of Mormon for yourself. It's a good place to start. It gives you a great foundational base.

That's good. I wouldn't stop anyone from building a place of worship where they want either. I love having the freedom to worship as God sees fit.

There is nothing wrong with Plural marriage when God commands it. The Lord has commanded it not to happen now. So the Lord is obeyed. He commands what He commands when He commands it and can change them at His pleasure.

Blacks have always been able to get into heaven. Which is precisely why I think you speak from ignorance rather than first hand knowledge and would invite you to actually study the doctrines and learn for yourself as every mormon will encourage. Read the Book of Mormon for yourself. It's a good place to start. It gives you a great foundational base.

Here's a little known factoid about me.... I have actually read it. I'm impressed with myself for that. :eusa_angel:

That's good. I wouldn't stop anyone from building a place of worship where they want either. I love having the freedom to worship as God sees fit.

Glad to know you are pro prayer center near ground zero

I'm not for it per se. I just realize they have the right to build it there and id rather not give them attention if they are simply doing it to make a political statement.

Here's a little known factoid about me.... I have actually read it. I'm impressed with myself for that. :eusa_angel:

Then tell me about magic underwear and what they do at weddings that us heathens are not allowed to see even if you gave birth to one of the people getting married?

Forum List

Back