The U.S. Is Pumping Oil Faster Than Ever

Biden added 4,516,000 barrels to the SPR since June.
I hope you understand that when the Feds buy up the oil, at the pump we consumers get tagged as if oil is in short supply. Biden forced up prices.

Drill, baby, drill!

The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care.

The GOP narrative has a major hole: U.S. oil production — already the highest in the world — is on track to set a new record this year, and will probably rise even more in 2024. But the ever-increasing flow of U.S. crude has failed to keep a lid on gasoline prices, showing once again that a global market drives the fuel prices that shape presidents’ political futures.

And that means events far beyond the nation’s borders will play a sizable role in voters’ verdict on “Bidenomics” — as global oil prices rise and fall in response to banking conditions in Europe, China’s slumping real estate market, Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine and the latest maneuvers by Saudi Arabia.

[snip]

U.S. oil production is forecast to average an all-time high of 12.8 million barrels a day this year and keep growing to 13.1 million in 2024, the federal Energy Information Administration said in its latest forecast.

This reality has not stopped dishonest Republicans from lying:

In one campaign ad, former Vice President Mike Pence pretends to fill his pickup truck and blames Biden’s energy policy for “causing real hardship” for Americans, while ex-South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has vowed to bring oil production back to the United States.

And Sen. Tim Scott (R.-S.C.) railed last month on the Biden administration, which he asserted “has shut down energy production in America.”

“Why won’t this President tap into our abundant energy resources here at home and bring down prices at the pump?” he asked.

In fact, though, oil production from federal lands and waters has risen on Biden’s watch, reaching past 3 million barrels per day last year. The high mark during President Donald Trump’s term was 2.75 million barrels a day.
Biden gets no credit

He wanted end oil producton but failed

Biden gets no credit

He wanted end oil producton but failed

Sorry, loser.

New Data: Biden’s First Year Drilling Permitting Stomps Trump’s By 34%

New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

Nearly 2,000 of the drilling permits were approved on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management’s New Mexico office, followed by 843 in Wyoming, 285 in Montana and North Dakota, and 191 in Utah. In California, the Biden administration approved 187 permits — more than twice the 71 drilling permits Trump approved in that state in his first year.

More fun:

U.S. Energy Independence Has Grown

Using the definition of exports minus imports, 2021 was our highest level of energy independence in history.

Sorry, loser.

New Data: Biden’s First Year Drilling Permitting Stomps Trump’s By 34%

New federal data shows the Biden administration approved 3,557 permits for oil and gas drilling on public lands in its first year, far outpacing the Trump administration’s first-year total of 2,658.

Nearly 2,000 of the drilling permits were approved on public lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management’s New Mexico office, followed by 843 in Wyoming, 285 in Montana and North Dakota, and 191 in Utah. In California, the Biden administration approved 187 permits — more than twice the 71 drilling permits Trump approved in that state in his first year.

More fun:

U.S. Energy Independence Has Grown

Using the definition of exports minus imports, 2021 was our highest level of energy independence in history.

As I said Biden gets no credit for oil production since his goal was to kill the oil industry

The admin supports it better than Trump's, obviously. His guys and gals were so third and fourth class.
So when Biden is being totally forced, meaning dominated by Judges who rule against him, forcing that cripple of the mind to actually approve some permits, you ignore all the damage he has done so we are supposed to kiss his royal ass? Gee why didn't I think to kiss it for him as you did here.

There is no single explanation for higher gas prices in the U.S. today. Higher prices at the pump in part reflect general inflationary pressures, but blaming inflation in general — or some supposed “war on fossil fuels” — on Democrats is frankly ridiculous partisan propaganda. As the OP points out, fossil fuel production has clearly reached record levels, even while energy efficiency in the U.S. has increased, and we continue to steadily grow solar and other renewables.

In my opinion, electric cars will probably not expand here as rapidly as many once hoped, or as fast as they are doing in China, for instance, but the U.S. auto industry can’t afford to give up EVs entirely — anymore than we can give up the fight to manufacture high-end chips here.

There are so many factors involved in determining final gasoline prices at the pump that no single explanation explains it. Certainly singling out any one factor, for example “taxes,” or “futures contacts” or “speculation” or the taking of super-profits by the oil majors after COVID disruptions misses the complex reality. All these are factors of more or less importance at different times.

Another of course is Geopolitics (Ukraine War, U.S. supplying Germany expensive LNG, U.S. sanctions against Venezuela and Iran, OPEC+ Gulf oil cartel restrictions), and financial / infrastructure issues (lag time and danger in risking capital for drilling and constructing processing plants and LNG transportation terminals) All told, however, there is no “shortage” of gasoline in our country.

There are important demand fluctuations in China and India and all economies undergoing periodic expansion and contraction that commenters often neglect. The U.S. has actually rapidly reacted to higher world demand and prices with much more exporting of oil and especially LNG onto the world market, and our economy is stronger as a result. Not so the Germans, of course. They and many Europeans are stuck paying the U.S. big money for now crucial LNG imports. There are cost price issues that are also essential, as Gulf Oil remains far cheaper to pump and transport than oil from other areas, and is far cheaper as a heating or industrial fuel than U.S. LNG.

My recommendation to all of us unhappy with (hopefully temporary) high prices at the pump: tighten your belt, drive less, buy a more efficient vehicle if you can. In the long run, short of major war or geopolitical catastrophe, the “real” price, efficiency and varieties of power and energy should decline.

If you are a real die-hard “America First” believer … show some courage and get out there and agitate. Tell your MAGA party leaders to pass a law to stop exporting LNG or processed petroleum products. Keep our precious resources at home!

See how far that gets you …

:abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
As I said Biden gets no credit for oil production since his goal was to kill the oil industry
And yet he trounced Trump's achievement. He allowed more permits and oil production is the highest ever, and we are more energy independent than ever.

Sorry that makes your ass hurt.

You think no one notices your hypocrisy of blaming Biden for oil production out of one side of your mouth and refusing credit for oil production out of the other side of your mouth?

I honestly don't know how you stand the stench of your own hypocrisy.

I hope you understand that when the Feds buy up the oil, at the pump we consumers get tagged as if oil is in short supply. Biden forced up prices.
You Lie!

Biden has replenished 4,516,000 barrels of oil into the SPR over the last 4 months now, yet Gasoline Prices at the pump have been dropping for the last 3 months!
Gasoline Prices C.png

Gasoline Prices H.png

Last edited:
And yet he trounced Trump's achievement. He allowed more permits and oil production is the highest ever, and we are more energy independent than ever.

Sorry that makes your ass hurt.

You think no one notices your hypocrisy of blaming Biden for oil production out of one side of your mouth and refusing credit for oil production out of the other side of your mouth?

I honestly don't know how you stand the stench of your own hypocrisy.
Biden gets no credit since he did nothing to earn it

Most Americans who are Democrats got there accidently, by birth. That is how I became one.
You probably live in a state more friendly to us all.

Our cheapest Regular gas is sold for $3.85 per gallon at Walmart.

$2.75 a gallon in Bentonville, Arkansas.
$3.79 here in Idaho and I checked where I lived in CA and there regular gas sells for $4.79.

If we all lived in Arkansas, that might be wonderful. But we do not all live where gas prices are low.

Your signature line is a lie. Trump did say in his business he is the king of debt, but he NEVER said he would bankrupt the country.
Trump: “I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal” = I will bankrupt the country.

Trump:
“This is the United States government. First of all, you never have to default because you print the money." = I will bankrupt the country.

The only thing backing the US Dollar is the "full faith and credit of the federal government" Like all republicans Trump tried to destroy the government with more debt, printing money, denouncing free & fair elections & attempting a insurrection at the US capital.

Any time a republican doesn't cut spending before uttering the words tax cut, they are saying they want more debt, money printing & inflation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back