The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

Many Christian's who think of America as founded upon Christianity usually present the Declaration of Independence as "proof" of a Christian America. ...
The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity - Cached - Similar

Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians They were men of The Enlightenment, not men of Christianity. .... Thirteen governments [of the original states] thus founded on the natural .... He led the men who turned America from an English colony into a self-governing nation. ...
Thomas Jefferson - John Adams - Benjamin Franklin - Thomas Painefreethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html - Cached - Similar

Another one? *yawn*

The US was founded on Judeo-Christianity. Like it or not. Deny all you want. Twist all you want. You libs can't even read the second in english.

Many Christian's who think of America as founded upon Christianity usually present the Declaration of Independence as "proof" of a Christian America. ...

Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians They were men of The Enlightenment, not men of Christianity. .... Thirteen governments [of the original states] thus founded on the natural .... He led the men who turned America from an English colony into a self-governing nation. ...
Thomas Jefferson - John Adams - Benjamin Franklin - Thomas Painefreethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html - Cached - Similar

Another one? *yawn*

The US was founded on Judeo-Christianity. Like it or not. Deny all you want. Twist all you want. You libs can't even read the second in english.

The US was not founded on religion. Just because the religion of the founders was Christianity in no way makes this nation founded on religion.
Baseball was founded in America. Baseball was not founded on Judeo-Christianity.

Another one? *yawn*

Deism is not Judeo-Christianity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Like it or not we're not becoming a Judeo-Christian theocracy anytime soon. No need to re-write history.

Last edited:
We do NOT have a secular government.

Another incorrect premise propagated by the progressives.

We have NEVER had a secular government. That's why we use THE BIBLE when judges, congressmen, police, the PRESIDENT are sworn in.

None of the rest of your rambling diatribe matters, because it comes down to that.

Where in the law is there any mention of religion?
We are a nation of LAWS.
How hard is that for you to understand? Religion is not an accepted form of government in any form. A secular government is what the Founders set up with the seperation of powers.
What role does religion play in our government? Tell us where that power is defined someplace, anyplace, somewhere, ANYWHERE in the law or the Constitution.
You have no evidence as usual. Give it up. There is no evidence that religion plays any role and has any authority in our government.
There is a reason for that. Thank God for it. God and religion ARE NOT a part of this government. They do it that way in Iran. We don't.

We do NOT have a secular government.

Another incorrect premise propagated by the progressives.

We have NEVER had a secular government. That's why we use THE BIBLE when judges, congressmen, police, the PRESIDENT are sworn in.

None of the rest of your rambling diatribe matters, because it comes down to that.

Where in the law is there any mention of religion?
We are a nation of LAWS.
How hard is that for you to understand? Religion is not an accepted form of government in any form. A secular government is what the Founders set up with the seperation of powers.
What role does religion play in our government? Tell us where that power is defined someplace, anyplace, somewhere, ANYWHERE in the law or the Constitution.
You have no evidence as usual. Give it up. There is no evidence that religion plays any role and has any authority in our government.
There is a reason for that. Thank God for it. God and religion ARE NOT a part of this government. They do it that way in Iran. We don't.

Exactly...we have secular (small s) govt.....we are a nation of laws....our Christian Founders protected the individual right to practice religion (or not) as we see fit through Constitutional law....and the law also says we cannot establish a government religion....you don't have that in Iran...where they have theocracy...muslims don't "render unto Caesar" if they don't have to...

....which is why Islam is a threat to our country if they start to establish sharia law....

....i also consider Secularism (capital S...which i consider a form of "religion") to also be a threat to this country's religious freedoms...religion does play an indirect role in government...

Last edited:
The only way you can pretend that the Founders didn't base this nation in fundamental Judeo-Christian values is to be completely ignorant of what they actually said and did. And to likewise be completely ignorant of Judeo-Christian values.

"Chose ye this day, whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

We are NOT a Judeo Christian theocracy.
Sky

WHO said theocracy? Avatar said values? there is a difference, a big one, no?

Deism is not Judeo-Christianity. We are NOT a Christian nation. If we were we would be a theocracy.

Sky, I don't think anyone is saying the us is a theocracy, just because they say it was founded with Judeo/Christian VALUES.....not to say that some fundamentalists may wish it were a theocracy at times.

what is being said and should be considered is that the founding Fathers were not in a vacuum....

MOST were Christians with a few Deists in there that were signers of the constitution/declaration and in addition to this, one living in this era were the citizens the founders were giving these rights to, they WERE CHRISTIANS with Christian values the elite and the poor....the baker, the launderer, the grocer, the farmer the doctor, the mayors and governors, the Intelect throughout the country being formed were mostly Christians....even if one were an athiest or deist in religious beliefs they could not help but being influenced by their environment, by their surroundings and in the ways their communities functioned imo.

that's all that is being said by me on this topic...to deny this is just plain silly...again, imo.

Care

Looks to me like the US is a Christian country...

20090902175116!Religion_distribution.png

Another one? *yawn*

No it wasn't...more Enlightenment with a dash of Freemasonry.

Are you serious here? LOL

Would you like me to provide examples of each one of their own personal writing showing they beleived in god?

Here lets start with jefferson's OWlN WORDS and i'll let people decide if they want adams, frankin, and even paine.

"Religion, as well as reason, confirms the soundness of those principles on which our government has been founded and its rights asserted." --Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, 1815.

"I have ever thought religion a concern purely between our God and our consciences, for which we were accountable to Him, and not to the priests." --Thomas Jefferson to Mrs. M. Harrison Smith, 1816

"Religion is a subject on which I have ever been most scrupulously reserved. I have considered it as a matter between every man and his Maker in which no other, and far less the public, had a right to intermeddle." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard Rush, 1813.

"Our particular principles of religion are a subject of accountability to God alone. I inquire after no man's, and trouble none with mine." --Thomas Jefferson to Miles King, 1814

"I consider the government of the United States as interdicted by the Constitution from intermeddling with religious institutions, their doctrines, discipline, or exercises. This results not only from the provision that no law shall be made respecting the establishment or free exercise of religion, but from that also which reserves to the states the powers not delegated to the United States. Certainly, no power to prescribe any religious exercise or to assume authority in religious discipline has been delegated to the General Government. It must then rest with the states, as far as it can be in any human authority." --Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Miller, 1808

"To suffer the civil magistrate to intrude his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency is a dangerous fallacy which at once destroys all religious liberty, because he being of course judge of that tendency will make his opinions the rule of judgment and approve or condemn the sentiments of others only as they shall square with or differ from his own." --Thomas Jefferson: Statute for Religious Freedom

Looks to me like the US is a Christian country...

20090902175116!Religion_distribution.png

No...Christianity is the predominate religion of our country...but it doesn't RUN our country.

Of course not....a specific religion cannot legally run our country......elected people do.....people with different belief systems....MOST of whom claim to be regular Christians....

However right now we have a "christian" muslim marxist running the show....:woohoo:

Last edited:

Another one? *yawn*

I prefer sage with my Enlightenment.

Another one? *yawn*

I prefer sage with my Enlightenment.

So "The Enlightenment" is where all those smarty elitist liberals got their start....? :lol:

I wouldn't think Freemasonry... as they believed in God....:eusa_shhh:

Another one? *yawn*

Since one of the MAIN points of the constitution was FREEDOM OF RELIGION

one could readily accept the premise that America IS a secular nation and has always been one.

however
since it is true that certain judeo christian principles were the standards in America;

enslaving people, brutally beating slaves
denying women equal rights
laws against homosexuality
laws demanding church attendance
state constitutions denying NON-christians the right to vote or hold public office...

one can also understand the premise "America was FOUNDED on judeo christan lunacies"

fortunately
we have realized just how rotten many of those judeo christan principles were and we have discarded them

now
we have moved far beyond the primitive ignorance of judeo chrisrian principles and have become a much more enlightened and secular nation

we never really were a christian nation

today we are less of one than ever

at least so far as laws and rules go

Forum List

Back