The Uniqueness of Christ

There are many like him. Their stories are REMARKABLY similar.
But we can find differences in anything when we look hard enough ;)
So who do you think altered the course of human history as radically as Jesus did in 3-1/2 years?
the guy who invented the wheel
Yeah, I knew you were wrong.
Wrong about what?
Don’t be stupid

There are many like him. Their stories are REMARKABLY similar.
But we can find differences in anything when we look hard enough ;)
So who do you think altered the course of human history as radically as Jesus did in 3-1/2 years?
the guy who invented the wheel
Yeah, I knew you were wrong.
Wrong about what?
Don’t be stupid
Dude, what are you talking about?
Its a lame "gotcha" honestly. Of course jesus is the most influential human in history. But his stories that contribute to that were not unique. They were ripped off from previous gods. Or in the very least, they just have the same story and they werent ripped off.

Dude, what are you talking about?
Its a lame "gotcha" honestly. Of course jesus is the most influential human in history. But his stories that contribute to that were not unique. They were ripped off from previous gods. Or in the very least, they just have the same story and they werent ripped off.

Roman and Greek mythologies are one of my favorite studies. Those stories, in their original form, are unique from story of Christ. It was in the 1800s some people tried to make the claim they were copies, but scholars quickly debunked this. Even so, the claim keeps resurfacing--much to the dismay of purist in Greek/Roman mythology such as myself.

Similarities? Sure, a few, but what makes each story interesting and unique are their differences.

What I think is the most important thing about Jesus is both the effect and affect he has had on my life personally. His teachings are beautiful, and many are also found in the Old Testament. He opened these teachings to the world, as Jews--even today--are more prone to keep faith to themselves.

I vote this OP the funniest of the year.
Who is liken to the image named Jesus, created of many?
FIRST, who is like Abraham whom which the be kind to & love thy neighbor image comes from.
Second, who is like Mike, who's roles they took from scripture and fallaciously robed to create the idols likeness too?
-(Rev 1:13 "like unto")
Third who is like Joshua, whom which they plagiarised the OT stories of in creating the myth of Jesus.
Who is like his father Baal, who predated had the passion play death scene and resurrection plagiarised, had his circle sun cross and birthdate Dec 25th before he was given the exact same story and image?
Who was like Mithra who they also borrowed images and temples and mythologies from?
Who is like Zoroaster who they get the "first and last and everafter phrase from.
Whom is like Yehuda the Galionite where they get the Temple table over-turning story from?
Who is like Yohoshua ben Chananiah the Rabbi in the OT who they stole the resurrection teachings from. But hey, the image Jesus is unique right, except for it being a shop warn mythology rehashed each time the former myth becomes stale.

FIRST, who is like Abraham whom which the be kind to & love thy neighbor image comes from.
Second, who is like Mike, who's roles they took from scripture and fallaciously robed to create the idols likeness too?
Third who is like Joshua, whom which they plagiarised the OT stories of in creating the myth of Jesus.
Who is like his father Baal, who predated had the passion play death scene and resurrection plagiarised, had his circle sun cross and birthdate Dec 25th before he was given the exact same story and image?
Who was like Mithra who they also borrowed images and temples and mythologies from?
Who is like Zoroaster who they get the "first and last and everafter phrase from.
Whom is like Yehuda the Galionite where they get the Temple table over-turning story from?
Who is like Yohoshua ben Chananiah the Rabbi in the OT who they stole the resurrection teachings from. But hey, the image Jesus is unique right, except for it being a shop warn mythology rehashed each time the former myth becomes stale.

Why then is Christ the only one embraced by all religions?

You were taught error. God is a Spirit. God doesn't have sex organs, except for Jesus, who has a glorified male body.

you can be wrong. that's your right. but it's kind of pathetic to question other people's faiths.... which is as valid to others as yours is to you. frankly, I find your beliefs silly. but it's your right to believe them.

now perhaps you should learn about things other people believe:

Shekinah is the English spelling of a grammatically feminine Hebrew word that means the dwelling or settling, and is used to denote the dwelling or settling divine presence of God, especially in the Temple in Jerusalem. The Shekinah is held by many to represent the feminine attributes of the presence of God.

Shekinah - Crystalinks
Never knew that! I heard the term but didnt know anything about it.
I love learning about my heritage! lol

what percentage came up on your 23&me?
It didnt specify. It just said my great great - great great great great grandmother was a full ashkenazi

I got over 98% Ashkenazi. shocked I tell ya.
95 % Ashkenazi
3% Sephardim
2% Greek

Ashkenazi Jews descend from 350 people, study finds

jews don't nor hindus nor buddhist and muslims only give him lip service and don't believe he is a god

What Do Jews Believe About Jesus? | My Jewish Learning

Last edited:

Lol really?

Unique. He wasn't more publicized until after his death like the other "messiah's" were while alive.

Jesus warns of false messiahs and prophets (Matt. 24:5, 11, 24). These individuals, whom John refers to as false teachers and prophets (Rev. 2:14-15;19:29) were not in short supply. Josephus reports that the Zealots suborned many false prophets to rally the people against Rome (Wars 6.5.2).

One individual who seduced a large following was Theudas, a self-proclaimed prophet whom Josephus calls a magician. This man deluded several souls into following him to the Jordan River, which he promised to divide in order to provide passage through as they retreated. It didn't work; Fadus sent troops after him and his band and captured and slew them. Theudas ended up beheaded.

Another false messiah who rose shortly after Christ was Judas the Galilean, who led a failed messianic movement to protest tribute to Rome. Josephus doesn't relate the death of Judas but does record the execution of his two sons (Antiquities 20.5.2), and calls him a teacher of his own peculiar sect, referring to the Zealots (not from one of the philosophical schools like the Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes were (Wars 2.8.2)). Judas was of a school that Josephus mocks as self-aggrandizing.

Doubts persist as to whether this Theudas and Judas of whom Josephus writes are the same as the two individuals of whom Luke writes in the Book of Acts (5:36-37), but in either case, these false teachers came to nothing. Their lives mattered not a whit to the world at large.

Luke records the fate of another false prophet, Bar-Jesus, after he opposes the Gospel that Paul and Barnabas preach (Acts 13:6-12). His life also came to nothing.

The last false messiah during the Jewish Wars, though certainly not the last imposter to ever claim to be Christ, was Simon bar Kokhba, who led his insurgents against Roman occupation in Judea after the Great Revolt and Kito's War ended in failure for the Jews. History estimates that over half a million Jews were killed in this third and final campaign, directly at the hands of the Romans and due to famine and disease. Bar Kokhba died in the fortress of Betar, and, like all the false messiahs before him, was laid to rest without effecting the change he intended. Rome maintained its presence and the Jewish political state came once and for all all to a complete collapse.

The false teachers who rose up to liberate Israel and Judea from their pagan overlords wooed followers with their boastful language and military prowess. They envisioned themselves claiming victories and returning home as heros. They saw themselves ensconced in history as mighty warriors and faithful servants who would restore the glory of their homeland. They would all fail.

From Jesus of Nazareth we get a rather different portrait of what Messiah ought to be. In Jesus we have neither a military leader nor a self- proclaimed savior. Jesus did not promise a restored and glorified Israel. He did not die a hero's death or win the favor of his countrymen. Quite the opposite. In his unique, humble way, he promised the kingdom of God to a new people under a new covenant and then died a slave's death. His mission was not to suffer merely for the salvation of Israel but for the salvation of the world. And he succeeded.

did jesus warn about false messiahs? probably... that's a very jewish concept.

humble? I'm pretty sure there was nothing humble about the guy who went into Jerusalem and tried to get them to oust the romans.

but if that makes you feel happy.

and you're right, he wasn't publicized when he was alive because he was considered another fake self-proclaimed messiah.

he became truly famous when Constantine's mommy decided she was a Christian and like a good son, Constantine put together the teachings of the jewish Christians with the beliefs of his roman pagans. they came up with some good stories, too.
Naw, Jesus Christ became famous when he rose from the dead and was seen by so many witnesses, then when the Holy Spirit came down later and birthed the Church.

who is the "HOLY SPIRIT"---male or female----was it an easy labor. I had a hard time----I ended up in the Operating room-----with a C-section. Want to see my scar?
The Holy Spirit is Spirit. Therefore, not a human being. Therefore, neither male or female.

that is what *you* believe. I was taught it is both.
You are both right.

John the Baptist was no slouch

He was Christ's herald. Just as David danced and leaped before the Ark which housed the Word of God, John the Baptist did the same before Christ who is the Word of God.

OH c'mon now. Elijah is the herald of DA MESSIAH-----
John the Baptist was inserted into the role by the writers of
DA NT. In fact his origin from some obscure desert
community was part of the mock up-------Elijah was also
from some obscure place----the name of which escapes me
right now------a senior moment. JOHN THE BAPTIST IS PLAYING ELIJAH-----the guy who went UP IN A FIERY CHARIOT. I read the NT----it was not John the Baptist who
DANCED----it was that bitch SALOME

Who else fed us when we hungered and healed us when we were sick?

Tell that to the hungry and ill.
Go to a church and eat a fragment of a saltine. His cracker flesh will have you satisfied for weeks.
Only if you believe, TN.

The power of Christ is not given to just any jack-a-nape.

The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. :smile:

did jesus warn about false messiahs? probably... that's a very jewish concept.

humble? I'm pretty sure there was nothing humble about the guy who went into Jerusalem and tried to get them to oust the romans.

but if that makes you feel happy.

and you're right, he wasn't publicized when he was alive because he was considered another fake self-proclaimed messiah.

he became truly famous when Constantine's mommy decided she was a Christian and like a good son, Constantine put together the teachings of the jewish Christians with the beliefs of his roman pagans. they came up with some good stories, too.
Naw, Jesus Christ became famous when he rose from the dead and was seen by so many witnesses, then when the Holy Spirit came down later and birthed the Church.

who is the "HOLY SPIRIT"---male or female----was it an easy labor. I had a hard time----I ended up in the Operating room-----with a C-section. Want to see my scar?
The Holy Spirit is Spirit. Therefore, not a human being. Therefore, neither male or female.

that is what *you* believe. I was taught it is both.
You are both right.

there are three of us. GRAMMATICALLY the holy spirit in Hebrew is FEMALE------but several of the words denoting
GOD are also GRAMMATICALLY female too.

can you fix the roof of my car----when it rains a LEAK DEVELOPES----right on me---in the passenger seat--NOTHING HELPS

John the Baptist was no slouch

He was Christ's herald. Just as David danced and leaped before the Ark which housed the Word of God, John the Baptist did the same before Christ who is the Word of God.

OH c'mon now. Elijah is the herald of DA MESSIAH-----
John the Baptist was inserted into the role by the writers of
DA NT. In fact his origin from some obscure desert
community was part of the mock up-------Elijah was also
from some obscure place----the name of which escapes me
right now------a senior moment. JOHN THE BAPTIST IS PLAYING ELIJAH-----the guy who went UP IN A FIERY CHARIOT. I read the NT----it was not John the Baptist who
DANCED----it was that bitch SALOME
Luke 1:41

2 Samuel 6:16

Forum List

Back