The US sent bomb-sniffing dogs to Jordan. Now they're dying from poor treatment

This just breaks my heart - any country that treats our dogs like this should have them all confiscated, and never get another one from us, and the State Department should be tasked with stricter regulation and policies.

The US sent bomb-sniffing dogs to Jordan. Now they're dying from poor treatment - CNN

A year-long evaluation by inspectors at the State Department found that at least 10 such dogs in Jordan died between 2008 and 2016 from medical problems. Even those who survive are suffering from "unhealthy conditions," such as inadequate kennels, poor sanitation, and overwork.
Photos in the report, published last week, show emaciated dogs with ribs protruding from their sides. Their nails are overgrown, and their ears are home to ticks so engorged they have likely been feasting on the dogs for days. In some facilities, there weren't any dog bowls -- the handlers fed the dogs by simply throwing food on the floor.

For more than 20 years, the US has sent bomb-sniffing and specially trained dogs to partner nations under an anti terrorism assistance program. Despite spending "millions of dollars" training and dispatching the dogs, State Department officials failed to ensure their health and welfare, said the report, which was launched after a hotline complaint about the dogs' treatment.

According to the report, the State Department's loose regulation and lack of concrete policies were a big factor in the dogs' mistreatment. The State Department couldn't provide investigators detailed information for the dogs in other partner countries besides Jordan, and there often aren't any written agreements with the countries outlining how to care for the dogs.

This has led to persistent health problems in Jordan, the largest recipient in the program with 61 active bomb-sniffer dogs. Other countries with fewer dogs include Thailand, Morocco, Indonesia, Bahrain.
Praise Allah!

Let a full term infant who survives an attempted abortion in the U.S. die of neglect without so much as a blanket but worry about the health of bomb sniffing dogs in Jordan. They probably eat them in Morocco.
We can do both. Some of us respect all living things

This just breaks my heart - any country that treats our dogs like this should have them all confiscated, and never get another one from us, and the State Department should be tasked with stricter regulation and policies.

The US sent bomb-sniffing dogs to Jordan. Now they're dying from poor treatment - CNN

A year-long evaluation by inspectors at the State Department found that at least 10 such dogs in Jordan died between 2008 and 2016 from medical problems. Even those who survive are suffering from "unhealthy conditions," such as inadequate kennels, poor sanitation, and overwork.
Photos in the report, published last week, show emaciated dogs with ribs protruding from their sides. Their nails are overgrown, and their ears are home to ticks so engorged they have likely been feasting on the dogs for days. In some facilities, there weren't any dog bowls -- the handlers fed the dogs by simply throwing food on the floor.

For more than 20 years, the US has sent bomb-sniffing and specially trained dogs to partner nations under an anti terrorism assistance program. Despite spending "millions of dollars" training and dispatching the dogs, State Department officials failed to ensure their health and welfare, said the report, which was launched after a hotline complaint about the dogs' treatment.

According to the report, the State Department's loose regulation and lack of concrete policies were a big factor in the dogs' mistreatment. The State Department couldn't provide investigators detailed information for the dogs in other partner countries besides Jordan, and there often aren't any written agreements with the countries outlining how to care for the dogs.

This has led to persistent health problems in Jordan, the largest recipient in the program with 61 active bomb-sniffer dogs. Other countries with fewer dogs include Thailand, Morocco, Indonesia, Bahrain.
Praise Allah!
My piss be upon him

What the hell did our people expect?
Ragheads hate dogs and never, ever treat them properly.
The ones to be taken to task for this are the ones who sent the dogs in the first place.

What the hell did our people expect?
Ragheads hate dogs and never, ever treat them properly.
The ones to be taken to task for this are the ones who sent the dogs in the first place.
Ugh...actually the dogs are not being treated badly in the other Arab countries. Jordon seems to be the problem. However, I agree with your second sentence.

Asians eat dogs. Should never send them to those nations.
Jordan is Asian?
Technically, yes. That's why I still call "Asians" Orientals.
Oh I know by land geography it's considered "Asian" but not really the culture I would think about Jordanians.

Poor babies!
Maybe we should just send someone to those countries to train them how to train the dogs. Let them use their own dogs.
Thailand has lots of stray dogs. I'm not sure about the other countries, Bahrain probably doesn't have many. Some countries may have a few hunting and sheep-herding dogs, but they wouldn't know how to train them or care about dogs in general (the military or police or whoever needs them to sniff bombs).
Right. That's why I suggested we send TRAINERS to train the TRAINERS, so they can learn. If they want bomb sniffing dogs and we won't send them any, they'll just have to learn, won't they? It's not like we HAVE to send them dogs.

Poor babies!
Maybe we should just send someone to those countries to train them how to train the dogs. Let them use their own dogs.
Thailand has lots of stray dogs. I'm not sure about the other countries, Bahrain probably doesn't have many. Some countries may have a few hunting and sheep-herding dogs, but they wouldn't know how to train them or care about dogs in general (the military or police or whoever needs them to sniff bombs).
Right. That's why I suggested we send TRAINERS to train the TRAINERS, so they can learn. If they want bomb sniffing dogs and we won't send them any, they'll just have to learn, won't they? It's not like we HAVE to send them dogs.

I'm certain we didn't just send the dogs. I'm willing to bet the handlers were trained with the dogs in the US at our expense.

The heat has nothing to do with some of the problems listed such as malnutrition and parasites.
Those dogs are being starved to death. Fuck Jordan. Take back our dogs. Let Jordan go to hell, if not already there.

I agree. Bring our dogs home and don't send any more.

Jordan is a Muslim nation and according to their religion dogs are unclean animals and even those working dogs will be treated like shit.

I wouldn't send them anymore dogs and I'd bring those that are there home before they all die.

Send them attack dogs under the guise of bomb sniffers which eat & kill their owners upon command. Issue a remote command and fuck the sand people. Simple

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The heat has nothing to do with some of the problems listed such as malnutrition and parasites.
Those dogs are being starved to death. Fuck Jordan. Take back our dogs. Let Jordan go to hell, if not already there.

I agree. Bring our dogs home and don't send any more.

Jordan is a Muslim nation and according to their religion dogs are unclean animals and even those working dogs will be treated like shit.

I wouldn't send them anymore dogs and I'd bring those that are there home before they all die.
Yes, some Muslims see dogs as unclean, but they are also used for herding sheep in Syria and Iraq, sometimes for hunting in other places. I'm sure a lot of people have pet dogs in Turkey.

Thailand is not Muslim, it's also one of the countries on that list.

Asians eat dogs. Should never send them to those nations.
Jordan is Asian?
People in the middle east don't eat dogs, they just treat them inhumanely.

People like Obama eat dogs.

Why do they hate dogs so much? Dogs are so innocent and friendly.

Many Muslims believe that the Hadith condemns dogs-

#3813 - Abu Zubair heard Jabir Abdullah saying: Allah's messenger ordered us
to kill dogs and we carried out this order so much so that we also killed
the dog roaming with a women from the desert. Then Allah's apostle forbade
their killing. He said: "It is your duty to kill the jet-black (dog)
having two spots (on the eyes) for it is a devil

A Muslim can keep the dog for certain reasons - guarding the building, property, owner, farm animals (not as a pet).

Sahih Al Bukhari 4:54:539, "Narrated by Abu Talha: The Prophet said, "Angels do not enter a house which has either a dog or a picture in it."

Sahih Al Bukhari, "4:54:542, "Narrated by Sufyan bin Abi Zuhair Ash-Shani: That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If somebody keeps a dog that is neither used for farm work nor for guarding the livestock, he will lose one Qirat (of the reward) of his good deeds everyday."

Sunan Ibn Majah Chapter 8, Hadith 1539: Narrated by Abu Hurairah: that The Prophet (S.A.W.) said: "Whoever offers the funeral prayer will have one Qirat and whoever awaits until (the burial) is finished will have two Qirat." They said: "What are these two Qirat?" He said: "Like two mountains." Hasan.

Forum List

Back