The Walking Dead

Many people thought when they killed off Ned Stark, that Game of Thrones ratings would drop. He was arguably the most popular character and actor was beloved. Nevertheless they killed him off early and ratings have only increased. Part of GOT appeal is no one is safe even the main character(s).

Walking Dead has a similar appeal. However, honestly only Rick seems safe though. However, if they did kill off Rick would that turn off enough people from watching? I don't think so. However, I do think if they killed off Daryl ratings would be affected negatives. Similarly if they killed off say Daarey or Tyrion in GOT.

So are there any key deaths that would stop you from continuing to watch Walking Dead? Daryl? Carl? Rick? Glenn? Maggie? Judith? Etc.

I would be upset if Rick or Daryl bite the bullet, but I think I would still watch (unless the story just imploded)!

I would still watch the show no matter who bites the dust.

I would be most upset about Daryl and Rick, because I love their characters and your not expecting them to go. I hope Sasha and Tyreese make it a little longer, because I really like their characters.

The TV show mimicks the story of the comic (at least according to wiki, I never read the comic). However, it does diverge a bunch. In the comic, Rick, Carl, Andrea, Sophia, Maggie, Michonne, Eugene and Gaberial are still alive, with Dale making it later than he went. Beth, Tyreese, Abraham, Glen (both die later in the comic) are dead.

I think TV characters are taking the place of others from the comic.
Dale - Herschell already took on his leg bite, but I think Stookley is going to take on his torture by the Hunters (it will make senses).
Sophia - Beth was killed in the prison by Thomas, and sophia is still alive and well. I think Beth takes her place.
Andrea - I think Sasha takes her place. In the comic Andrea was more of a bad ass, and I think Sasha is well liked enough to take that role.

Fom what i've seen in the trailers for the 2nd half of the season, it looks like they're returning to the prison. I doubt it's to re-occupy it, since it was seriously damaged by the tank during the attack. My guess is they are retrieving supplies they may have left behind.

Don't watch it, but gave it a look recently coming across an episode channel surfing. Was about the CDC building blowing up. My impression based on just those few minutes was "Wow, horrible special effects. Why is this so popular?" :)

Don't watch it, but gave it a look recently coming across an episode channel surfing. Was about the CDC building blowing up. My impression based on just those few minutes was "Wow, horrible special effects. Why is this so popular?" :)

Another brilliant post by USMB grand troll. Maybe you should watch more than a few minutes before making stupid comments. The make-up is top notch and the scenes are awesome and the writing for the most part is great.

Go troll up the political posts instead!

Hopefully next week's episode is better. I wanted to see what happened to Tyrese, the girls, Stookey, Sasha etc etc and Daryl and Beth, anyone think they will fall into a romance?

Dude you are watching an episode from 4 years ago, the first season was done with not much of a budget smh.

Loved last night's episode. They're going to go to each of the characters to show what happened after the prison mess.

Rick and Carl may not, but I still think Judith is alive. Glenn or Maggie will bite the dust by the end of this season. Herschel's head -- omG! that made me sad. For a hot second I thought they decided to off Rick last night. Just for a sec I was like 'he's a walker???'. Carl finally figured out that yeah, he does need his dad but he's grown up a lot since the show started. Ewwww, when all the walkers he shot were falling on him. The eating the pudding on the roof scene and Michonne knocking on the door .... best scenes. Michonne finally figured out that she wanted to live. She kept looking at that one walker who resembled her and finally snapped out of it. Why didn't the walkers smell her when she was among them? And when she lops off the arms and lower jaw of walkers and uses them to mask her presence, why don't the altered walkers still try and get her? They don't know they don't have jaws or arms. I dont' get that. My kid needs to shut up more when the show is on ... yap, yap, yap.

Hopefully next week's episode is better. I wanted to see what happened to Tyrese, the girls, Stookey, Sasha etc etc and Daryl and Beth, anyone think they will fall into a romance?

It wasn't a great episode, but it wasn't bad either. They did some character development. It showed Carl is still a reckless kid. Too many stupid moves for him in one episode!

I did like how they kind of gave it a happy ending with Michonne getting finding Carl and Rick. They really need her!

Forum List

Back