The "WAR ON WOMEN"

Try again. The "kid" as you so crudely refer to him, was given the name, Connor! The only head that the wrench hit was your own. BTW, the catholic church has nothing to do with the CA justice system. Just accept the fact that you are a murderer by proxy--as far as I know, and by fact if you've ever murdered one of your own offspring.
You used the word “kid” asshole. The whole point of my comment, which you do not address or understand, is to explain the inadequacy and demagogy involved in using such emotional but misplaced language.

You used the word “kid” asshole. The whole point of my comment, which you do not address or understand, is to explain the inadequacy and demagogy involved in using such emotional but misplaced language.
The only misplaced and emotional language that has ever been produced on this issue is by the demagogues who mischaracterized abortion, which is murder, as reproductive healthcare. Abortion has absolutely nothing to do with either reproduction or healthcare. It is the antithesis of both. Try again, little miss pretzel.

the Left's so-called "support" of women comes down to ONLY supporting the right of women to kill future women and men in the womb.

That's it. Other than that they have abdicated any high ground they used to have in "women's rights" in this transgender mess, among other issues.

Great help me out. Why does the Catholic Church say that life begins at Conception, and at the same time refuse to baptize a stillborn or miscarried fetus, claiming that baptism is only for the living?

Great help me out. Why does the Catholic Church say that life begins at Conception, and at the same time refuse to baptize a stillborn or miscarried fetus, claiming that baptism is only for the living?
Maybe because at that point they are deceased, Simp.

A jury in CA convicted a man of double murder after he killed his wife who was pregnant with his 8 month unborn son. That seems to throw a wrench in your argument. Abortion after a heartbeat is murder.

The difference being that the woman had chosen to have the baby, and the fetus was well past the point of viability. At 8 months he could have been delivered and survived without an incubator, if he was big enough.

I have a nephew, and a great grandson who were both born at 40 weeks. My nephew, who is now 60, was touch and go when he was born. My great grandson who will be 3 next month was no big deal. Medicine is amazing today.

A fetus with a heartbeat is not "living". It has no brain or other organs. The "heartbeat" is simply an electrical charge since there is no circulatory system, or internal organs. The fetus is not autonomous and cannot survive without it's host. It's a potential life, but it is not yet "alive".

This used to be the biggest drum the left beat in politics.
Now they are the ones waging war on women via the support of men invading their spaces under the guise of pretending that pretending to be a woman is perfectly normal behavior.
The Democrats are every bit as sleazy and corrupt and stupid as the Republicans.... just in different ways... and this is one of 'em... idiot scumbag Democrats.

Non sequitur. The catholic church has nothing to do with the American justice system which holds that the unborn child, Connor Peterson was murdered by Scott Peterson. Does that make the separation of the church and the justice system more clear? You're welcome.

The difference being that the woman had chosen to have the baby, and the fetus was well past the point of viability. At 8 months he could have been delivered and survived without an incubator, if he was big enough.

I have a nephew, and a great grandson who were both born at 40 weeks. My nephew, who is now 60, was touch and go when he was born. My great grandson who will be 3 next month was no big deal. Medicine is amazing today.

A fetus with a heartbeat is not "living". It has no brain or other organs. The "heartbeat" is simply an electrical charge since there is no circulatory system, or internal organs. The fetus is not autonomous and cannot survive without it's host. It's a potential life, but it is not yet "alive".
The Left has probably lost this argument for now... for at least another generation or two...

There may very well be some merit in much of what you say...

Your difficulty unfolds when the Left takes this sort of thing too far, right up to the Partial Birth Abortion level...

The old phrase "Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile" is working against you here... if they budge now, you'll just want more again later...

Just like last time...

So it makes more sense not to "budge" on the subject anymore...

Just sayin'...

A fetus with a heartbeat is not "living". It has no brain or other organs.

First, science says life begins at conception.

Second, how does a heart beat if there are no organs?

Have you ever posted once without filling the post with moronic bullshit?

What do you think does more damage to a woman? Depriving of the right to decide their own bodies? Denying them an Abortion? In Texas it is even illegal to travel to a state where Abortion is legal. Or the one locker room or bathroom out of what? A thousand? Ten thousand?

The Right hates independent women. It hates women making their own choices. And it is wrapping it in the guise of defending them.

The Right hates their own supporters. Declaring everyone as woke so they can demolish them.

The Right is feeding on their own and declaring themselves the winners. Victory now will insure their defeat for a generation.
And you idiots hate women so much you want to replace them with men. Your support of murder is noted. And it doesn’t make you look good Cletus.

No! Those who define a woman choosing — for example — to take a pill to end an unwanted pregnancy (by far the most popular form of abortion today) and who also purposely mis-define a distressed woman’s decision to take such action as “the contract killing of innocent young human beings” … they are the ones being both intellectually lazy and intentionally demagogic.

The egg, larvae and caterpillar is not yet a butterfly.

Definitions of “life” are many and varied, as the excellent Brittanica article Coyote linked to helps us understand.

“Human life” in the West has historically long been, and ordinarily is still, dated from birth, not from “conception.”

A six-month-old “baby” was born six months ago. Pre-born embryos and fetuses are not “kids.” To speak otherwise is to play demagogic politics with words, to be lazy and unscientific.

Yet of course humans are usually — but not always — profoundly moved by the miracle of human life developing in the womb as well as by a baby being born and breathing its first breaths. This is natural and healthy.

Of course at a certain stage a human embryo / fetus and a pig embryo / fetus look virtually identical — and may seem to some even like a pre-born “monster” — but paternal / maternal instincts and human psychology and our general understanding of pregnancy as a process today ordinarily dispose us to feel emotional attachment even to fetuses as they become more mature, in the same way we feel empathy toward pregnant women.

Again not everyone feels this way, especially toward pregnant women, who others — or they themselves — may not feel are nearly so “beautiful” as they once were.

Most of us are instinctually (and socially) especially sympathetic to new-born human babies. That is very natural. But even here some don’t feel the joy happy parents normally do.

Let’s be honest here. For many, especially unrelated people, their attitude at such a time is sometimes colored by their attitude toward the mother, her financial and social status. Can she support her child? How many other children does she have? Is she married? They may secretly despise her for having a baby she is unfit to raise. Yet rightfully, or at least by modern law, nobody would dare deny the newborn baby’s legal personhood, its right to live under the protection of our laws — however inadequate those may be.

Fertile women have the almost absolute right to birth children if they desire, regardless of their status or ability to care for them.

Yet other men (and some women) seem to think that they (unrelated people), or society itself, needs the right to legislate that these utter strangers, unwilling women of all classes, MUST carry within their bodies, give birth to and then raise up these potential future children.

So the “Moral Majority” seeks to use politicians to pass all kinds of legislation that once any woman is carrying a zygote, embryo or fetus in her womb, no matter how unwilling she may be, she has no right to stop the process of a pregnancy in her own body, even if it was the product of failed contraception. To make matters worse, the demagogues scream that the embryo or fetus she has just learned to her dismay is growing in her body … is an unborn “kid” with “rights” equal to her own.

The legal “personhood” of a child has in past ages usually begun with its birth as a human baby, not with its life as one of many sperm cells or unfertilized human eggs, not with conception, not with the usually unknown moment it attaches successfully to the woman’s nourishing body, and not when electrical impulses and pulsations can be observed with echocardiograms or other special instruments in cells that will or may eventually become differentiated into a human heart!

Science cannot resolve all ethical conflicts about child-rearing nor can it determine when or whether an abortion is appropriate or “moral.” That should be left to the real person most intimately involved. Science can, however, certainly help us all to use language more clearly, organize our thoughts more clearly, and give us insights into how different people understand how becoming a “living human being” is a process of development leading to birth — which is itself only the start of a human being’s physical independent existence.
More bullshit from a moron who can only put up a funny face and stamp his feet while defending murder. Your lies are just pathetic moron. There are exceptions in every state. Just because YOU are too lazy to do the right thing, you want to abandon all responsibility and just murder another human being. Without any input from the male partner. Also explain why anyone murdering a pregnant woman gets charged with 2 murders. Now funny this and run away again.

Yet assholes like you want to be able to kill your child right up to the moment of birth.

viability was the threshold when r v w came into existance & that is the threshold that should be upheld. oh, & it's not a 'child'. NO woman goes thru 9 months of pregnancy just to say ' uh ....never mind.'

you ignorant asshole.

Support of murder is not good.

lol ... thanx einstein.

So no surprise you fall right into that.

flick.jpg

So why doesn't the father also get his say of whether or not he wants to keep his child? That's my question.

he certainly can have a say - providing he didn't force that pregnancy whether he is a blood relative or not.

but there can only be ONE FINAL DECISION.

& that is the one who is pregnant; otherwise she is reduced to that of a slave - because a slave had no possession of their autonomy.

Last edited:
so if the pro life side compromised and said ONLY IN THE CASE OF rape and incest and when the mothers health is in danger (the others you mentioned are nonsense) aportion could be absolutely legal at the federal level, would you agree to that?

simple yes or no.

no.

there should be no compromise. otherwise females are only 3/5 of a person.

So a woman can die in agony, bleeding out, septic, because the fetus still has a heart beat.

that literally just happened.

‘My baby's not gonna make it and neither am I’; Women flee Okla. for life-saving abortions​

She needed an abortion to save her life. Oklahoma hospitals wouldn’t help her​

April 25, 2023

Jaci Statton clutched her stomach in pain as her husband pleaded with the hospital's doctor to save his wife’s life. Her pregnancy was causing vaginal bleeding, high blood pressure and intense nausea, symptoms of a partial molar pregnancy, a condition where the egg does not fertilize correctly and the fetus will never become viable.

The longer the fetus remained inside her, the higher risk she would be for internal bleeding, kidney and liver failure, and even a stroke.

But the 25-year-old from Meeker already had visited one hospital where doctors said they couldn’t perform an abortion and now was being told the same thing at the University of Oklahoma Medical Center on a Wednesday evening in March.

“They said, ‘We can't touch you because of the Oklahoma law,’” Statton recalled the doctors telling her husband, even as they acknowledged the pregnancy posed serious health risks and removing the fetus was the best medical decision.

Oklahoma’s Republican lawmakers responded to the U.S. Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade last year by quickly enacting multiple abortion bans, and although exceptions for a medical emergency or to “save the life” of the pregnant person are included, doctors across the state have dealt with confusion and fear of prosecution when caring for women like Statton.

“They said the best thing that we can tell you is go sit in the parking lot until something serious happens and then come back and we’ll work on you,” Statton told The Oklahoman.

“They weren’t being mean, they just said that’s the only option you have. And then the doctor said, ‘You know, we can't do an abortion here but there are other states that can.’”

Two days later, Statton, her husband, and her mother-in-law drove to a Wichita abortion clinic, the closest facility that would terminate her pregnancy. As her family waited in the parking lot surrounded by protestors with signs that said “stone all the whores,” Statton had her fetus removed.

“I felt so alone,” Statton said.
‘My baby's not gonna make it and neither am I’; Women flee Okla. for life-saving abortions

Forum List

Back