The Waste of 2021

FHS2ECIVUAEsKo-

This is Rand Paul's yearly waste report.
Rand Paul...talk about a waste.

Hard to define waste without an explanation of what the expenditure really was
A deceptive title is not enough

For one thing the "unused buildings in Afghanistan" were not all built in 2021...with 2,500 soldiers over there...I doubt they were taking up $2.5B worth of accommodations.

Rest assured the list is probably full of misleading crapolla

For one thing the "unused buildings in Afghanistan" were not all built in 2021...with 2,500 soldiers over there...I doubt they were taking up $2.5B worth of accommodations.

Rest assured the list is probably full of misleading crapolla

We spent $2 trillion in propping up a corrupt Government in Afghanistan
All other “waste” pales in comparison

That's why I like him. I want a return to the enumerated powers. Never raise the debt ceiling again. And FIRE THE ENTIRE Federal Gov't. End this nonsense. Then states will govern themselves.
Get off my Lawn!

We spent $2 trillion in propping up a corrupt Government in Afghanistan
All other “waste” pales in comparison
So Does that make it right to waste it now.

We wasted money before and so that gives us the right to waste it again.

It appears to be a $12 million contribution to the Wilson Center that is a DC Govt/Industry Think Tank

Rand Paul lies and says it is for “Parties”

Most of the Center's staff form specialized programs and projects covering broad areas of study.[7] Key programs include: the Cold War International History Project, Environmental Change and Security Program, History and Public Policy Program, Kennan Institute, the Kissinger Institute, the Environmental Change and Security Program, the North Korea International Documentation Project,
It's a giveback to DC insiders.

But you just keep pretending it benefits you.

Rand Paul claims that Hurricane disaster relief is wasteful Government spending and votes against it

Except when his state of Kentucky got hit by monster Tornado’s. Then he was…where is our money?
Still repeating that lie exactly as programmed.

Rand Paul Isn't a Hypocrite on Disaster Relief​

The senator's opposition to past disaster relief bills has always been on the grounds that congressional budgets should mean something.

The two major examples cited to prove Paul's hypocrisy involve his opposition to supplemental appropriation bills in to provide aid in the wake of 2012's Hurricane Sandy and the hurricanes and wildfires that occurred in 2017.

It's important to understand that the bills Paul was opposing were supplemental disaster appropriation bills that spent money well above the funds that Congress had already provided for disaster relief.

In both cases, Paul proposed amending these bills so that they offset these supplemental appropriations—which ended up being $51 billion for Hurricane Sandy and a whopping $136 billion for 2017's disasters—with spending cuts elsewhere in the budget.

Paul's position in both cases is entirely sensible and basically boils down to the idea that if Congress establishes how much it's going to spend in a year, that should actually mean something. Critics seem to believe that congressional budgets should in fact be a fiction that are enlarged whenever a new spending item pops up.

The federal aid that Paul has endorsed thus far for disasters in Kentucky will come from the federal government's Disaster Relief Fund, which as of early December had $45 billion in it. It's projected to close out fiscal year 2022 with $10 billion in reserves.

As of yet, no one has proposed additional unbudgeted disaster spending to respond to the tornados that hit Kentucky and other states. If they do, and Paul supports it without demanding offsetting spending cuts, that would be hypocritical.

So, thus far, everything he's asked for is already paid for.

We should do all we can to help our Kentucky neighbors. God be with them — they are hurting,” Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) wrote. “But do not for one second forget that [Paul] has voted against helping most Americans most times they’re in need.”

Swalwell's compassion rings hollow when he suggested nuking American gun owners.

Still repeating that lie exactly as programmed.

Rand Paul Isn't a Hypocrite on Disaster Relief​

The senator's opposition to past disaster relief bills has always been on the grounds that congressional budgets should mean something.

The two major examples cited to prove Paul's hypocrisy involve his opposition to supplemental appropriation bills in to provide aid in the wake of 2012's Hurricane Sandy and the hurricanes and wildfires that occurred in 2017.

It's important to understand that the bills Paul was opposing were supplemental disaster appropriation bills that spent money well above the funds that Congress had already provided for disaster relief.

In both cases, Paul proposed amending these bills so that they offset these supplemental appropriations—which ended up being $51 billion for Hurricane Sandy and a whopping $136 billion for 2017's disasters—with spending cuts elsewhere in the budget.

Paul's position in both cases is entirely sensible and basically boils down to the idea that if Congress establishes how much it's going to spend in a year, that should actually mean something. Critics seem to believe that congressional budgets should in fact be a fiction that are enlarged whenever a new spending item pops up.

The federal aid that Paul has endorsed thus far for disasters in Kentucky will come from the federal government's Disaster Relief Fund, which as of early December had $45 billion in it. It's projected to close out fiscal year 2022 with $10 billion in reserves.

As of yet, no one has proposed additional unbudgeted disaster spending to respond to the tornados that hit Kentucky and other states. If they do, and Paul supports it without demanding offsetting spending cuts, that would be hypocritical.

So, thus far, everything he's asked for is already paid for.
Paul wants to literally rob Peter to pay Paul (no relation)

No disaster relief unless you identify an approved expenditure to be cancelled. Most responsible politicians want to borrow the money and make up for it in future budgets

Paul wants to literally rob Peter to pay Paul (no relation)

No disaster relief unless you identify an approved expenditure to be cancelled. Most responsible politicians want to borrow the money and make up for it in future budgets
Uh huh. Where's the debt now? Over $29 trillion?

Responsible politicians didn't rack up that number.

What I don't understand, what completely escapes me, is in November, the DNC, and GOP, came together, to pass a real infrastructure bill.

Now. . . this is something everyone in the nation agrees needs to be done. And?

IMO? There just can't ever be enough block grants and upgrades to the system on this front. It seems to me, that there are just not enough interest groups, and stake holders, pushing for the common good and citizens though.

In so many other nations, smaller nations, with so much small GDP's, they have managed to up grade their infrastructure for the 21st century. I see the posts of friends visiting small little nations, in places that were second world nations when I was growing up. . . and some of their capitals look futuristic.

We are the ones that look, degraded, ancient and in decay. I just don't understand why. And why the political parties have such warped priorities. Hell, even the Russians can get this right. . .

Who the hell "won," the cold war? :dunno:

5yzr25.jpg

What I don't understand, what completely escapes me, is in November, the DNC, and GOP, came together, to pass a real infrastructure bill.

IMO? There just can't ever be enough block grants and upgrades to the system on this front. It seems to me, that there are just not enough interest groups, and stake holders, pushing for the common good and citizens though.

In so many other nations, smaller nations, with so much small GDP's, they have managed to up grade their infrastructure for the 21st century. I see the posts of friends visiting small little nations, in places that were second world nations when I was growing up. . . and some of their capitals look futuristic.

We are the ones that look, degraded, ancient and in decay. I just don't understand why. And why the political parties have such warped priorities. Hell, even the Russians can get this right. . .

5yzr25.jpg
It can't be done with the class of politicians in Washington right now. They get rich off gov't money and who they decide wins in business. They are the problem.........both sides.

Me and you could fix it.......And do it one project and one bid for the work at a time. We wouldn't waste the money.

5yzr25.jpg
Can you imagine where China was in the 1960s in terms of infrastructure?

Now, they have modern state of the art infrastructure while we remain frozen in the 50s

Forum List

Back