The 'Woke' con

The left hates the term woke because it uses their own playbook against them, in the same way they hate the term groomer

"Rule 5: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It's hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

Rule 6: A good tactic is one your people enjoy. "If your people aren't having a ball doing it, there is something very wrong with the tactic."

They hate it because it is effective as per their own methods, so they're trying to nuetralize it.

This is one of the conservative 'intellectuals', Bethany Mandel. They don't know what it means, but they use it for everything: woke military, woke banks, woke businesses - it's just a distraction from the fact that they have no ideas, no solutions.

You, like tens-of-millions of Americans, understand the trump Nazis' aversion to all things factual. So, in the feeble minds of the trump Nazis, anyone who deals in facts, understanding, empathy, conscience, etc. is "woke".

It is woke that has protected our nation's democratic principles since the Founders created them. It is woke that built on these principles to end slavery, give women the right to vote, and every other positive action made by the United States throughout its history.

The trump Nazis goal to establish a fascist state is definitely not woke, but unfortunately, it will be the cancer that finally destroys the United States republic when trump is handed the White House in January 2025. (If not trump, the next fascist authoritarian in the GOP lineup, DeSantis.)

You, like tens-of-millions of Americans, understand the trump Nazis' aversion to all things factual. So, in the feeble minds of the trump Nazis, anyone who deals in facts, understanding, empathy, conscience, etc. is "woke".

It is woke that has protected our nation's democratic principles since the Founders created them. It is woke that built on these principles to end slavery, give women the right to vote, and every other positive action made by the United States throughout its history.

The trump Nazis goal to establish a fascist state is definitely not woke, but unfortunately, it will be the cancer that finally destroys the United States republic when trump is handed the White House in January 2025. (If not trump, the next fascist authoritarian in the GOP lineup, DeSantis.)

Many of the concerns from the Right are perfectly legitimate. It's what they're doing about them this is the problem.

If I have this right, the primary meaning of the term describes the accelerating weaponization of PC and Identity Politics that we have seen from the Left, especially over the last couple of decades. While its goal may have been to improve something, its effect was to lower standards for selected groups and increase animosity and resentment from others. The result? The elections of 2016 and growing global pushback are examples. Those are the results.

I'm talking here about results, not intentions. Results, not intentions. So, "wokeism" was clearly executed very, very poorly.

In return, in response, in reaction, we see the ham-handed, Neanderthal, ignorant, middle-school-bully behaviors of the MAGA movement, using this word as one of their many rallying cries to fire up the troops. Just say the word and off they go. Because narcissistically over-compensating for every last fucking thing is how America rolls.

The ends of our spectrum seem bound and determined to drive this country into a fucking ditch, and it certainly appears to be working. The question is why.

Last edited:
Who came up with the term "woke"?

It sure wasn't conservatives.
The term of being woke first came about in the early 1900's -- by black folks to bring awareness to the atrocities that occurred daily under Jim Crow laws.....it has remained a term to convey being aware to systemic oppression and inequities ever since...whether it meant, bringing attention to the treatment of women, immigrants, gays, even the handicap....

The main folks who purposely lie about what it means today -- are the same people who wanted to maintain that systemic oppression and inequality in the past....Conservatives...even the woman in the video clip let it slip out by saying "we need to create hierarchies of oppression"

Many of the concerns from the Right are perfectly legitimate. It's what they're doing about them this is the problem.

If I have this right, the primary meaning of the term describes the accelerating weaponization of PC and Identity Politics that we have seen from the Left, especially over the last couple of decades. While its goal may have been to improve something, its effect was to lower standards for selected groups and increase animosity and resentment from others. The result? The elections of 2016 and growing global pushback are examples. Those are the results.

I'm talking here about results, not intentions. Results, not intentions. So, "wokeism" was clearly executed very, very poorly.

In return, in response, in reaction, we see the ham-handed, Neanderthal, ignorant, middle-school-bully behaviors of the MAGA movement, using this word as one of their many rallying cries to fire up the troops. Just say the word and off they go. Because narcissistically over-compensating for every last fucking thing is how America rolls.

The ends of our spectrum seem bound and determined to drive this country into a fucking ditch, and it certainly appears to be working. The question is why.
That is a lot of words to type to be absolutely wrong...

No standards were lowered by treating people equally under the law....

The backlash from the right is the same backlash we have seen from them since this country existed......

Equality always feels like oppression to the privileged classes....

Bill Maher is on the left, yet he’s railed against wokeism for years. He’s rather funny too. You should watch him.
Funny how right-wingers didn't find Bill Mahr funny until he hopped on the "anti-woke" bandwagon...which is what most failing comics do in order to maintain some type of relevancy....

The rest of us never really found him funny....but it is true....most of the funniest comics of all time were both, not Conservative, and were also considered, WOKE

George Carlin
Richard Pryor
Lenny Bruce
Redd Foxx
Dave Chappelle

The Bill Mahrs, Adam Corrollas, and other punch down comics are no where on that list...

Funny how right-wingers didn't find Bill Mahr funny until he hopped on the "anti-woke" bandwagon...which is what most failing comics do in order to maintain some type of relevancy....

The rest of us never really found him funny....but it is true....most of the funniest comics of all time were both, not Conservative, and were also considered, WOKE

George Carlin
Richard Pryor
Lenny Bruce
Redd Foxx
Dave Chappelle

The Bill Mahrs, Adam Corrollas, and other punch down comics are no where on that list...
Lol. Bill has never been a conservative or right winger. I’m not one either.

What’s funny is lefties loved him when he attacked the right all the time. Now since he’s been also critical of the left, he’s suddenly a conservative. You guys have done the same to Jimmy Dore and anyone who is critical of the narrative.

That is a lot of words to type to be absolutely wrong...

No standards were lowered by treating people equally under the law....

The backlash from the right is the same backlash we have seen from them since this country existed......

Equality always feels like oppression to the privileged classes....
Well, I don't see a lot of lefties discussing the weekly slaughters on the streets of Chicago and LA, or holding Black America accountable for its fatherless homes or its crime figures.

What'll I see in response to those points is attacks. "You're just a racist". Attempted avoidance of the actual point. Hell, I've been called a racist here for daring to say I don't like Obamacare.

Interestingly, that's very similar to the behaviors of right wingers when I criticize them. "You're just a commie". Okay <eyeroll>, got it. Amazing, how similar the two ends of the spectrum can be.

What happens when we refuse to hold people accountable for their actions? We're lowering standards for them and enabling their worst impulses. Just as we're seeing in the GQP, right now.

Last edited:
Well, I don't see a lot of lefties discussing the weekly slaughters on the streets of Chicago and LA, or holding Black America accountable for its fatherless homes or its crime figures.

What'll I see in response to those points is attacks. "You're just a racist". Successful avoidance of the actual point. Hell, I've been called a racist here for daring to say I don't like Obamacare.

Interestingly, that's very similar to the behaviors of right wingers when I criticize them. "You're just a commie". Okay <eyeroll>, got it. Amazing, how similar the two ends of the spectrum can be.

What happens when we refuse to hold people accountable for their actions? We're lowering standards for them and enabling their worst impulses. Just as we're seeing in the GQP, right now.
It’s the way of the duopoly.

Get ready to piss your pants Wokester.
You make the mistake of pretending that “woke” is a good thing….you did/do the same thing with the word “progress/progressive”. You like to lie and pretend that ‘helping’ a micro faction, a group, helps the nation as a whole….you couldn’t be more wrong.
Women voting isn’t necessarily a good thing for the nation as a whole nor was ending slavery the way we did.
Your “woman power” bullshit has led to women basically becoming men or male-minded and a shortfall in procreation….so much so that you loons recruit thirdworld filth to morph America and American culture to fill the void.
When slavery ended ALL blacks should have been sent back to their homelands. Close your eyes and imagine America with no blacks and no Mexicans…Do you see a better, safer, more likeminded, less divided America? Did you help America by giving women voting rights? Did you help America by making blacks our pet humans for eternity?
Your “progress“ and “wokeness” fucks us as a nation EVERY TIME it is implemented.

The cancer that will kill America is called leftism….evidenced by every single disgusting, dangerous, diverse and divided blue shithole community, city, state and nation.
Moving America back to 1950 would be the best thing that could ever happen to this nation….it would save it from self-destruction.

Every other word out of Meatball Ron's mouth is 'woke'.

Wokeism is real and it's a destructive ideology, but like every other "ism" it's being overused and abused and starting to be attributed to everything that rubs them the wrong way. Eventually, it will become a word without meaning, like racism, fascism, RINO, communist, NAZI, etc. falling to the "boy who cried wolf" syndrome.

From that thread:

It's a simple concept and definition. How is this bad?

It's no different than "politically incorrect". The best definition of politically incorrect is "good manners". Don't use offensive or demeaning language. In the land of "freedom of speech", people resented being required to treat others with respect.

Woke used to be "politically correct". They just changed the name. Anything that empowers "others" is to be feared and fought.

This is one of the conservative 'intellectuals', Bethany Mandel. They don't know what it means, but they use it for everything: woke military, woke banks, woke businesses - it's just a distraction from the fact that they have no ideas, no solutions.

Never heard of her.

I'll ask you why, since you voted for Biden/Harris, the most identity politics-focused administration in American history. Any thoughts?

Forum List

Back