The work commute is going away

In the late 80's I would commute to NYC from Poughkeepsie. 2 hrs each way by train.(4+ hrs every day) 90 minutes by car....but you also had to pay to park. So a $350 train pass was easier and cheaper to use....but I always needed a ride to and from the train station in Poughkeepsie.

Then there were the delays....people on the track. Copper signal wire getting cut out and not working....traffic accidents. Usually there was one incident every week.
Mass transit never was fully accepted in America and so the situation of inadequacy that exists today.

Your choices are few but EV's replacing gas cars 1 for 1 is not possible. I'm rather doubtful about even 1 in 10!

What do you think the best choice will be? Can mass transit and other innovations together solve the problem?

Cuba is doing it. Government has supplied public vehicles that make the driver obliged to pick up pedestrians indicating they need a ride. See also the 'camel' transportation solution.

What will America do?

There are way too many benefits to having people work from home. Nobody hurts when this happens.

Forum List

Back