CDZ The worst thing mankind ever invented...

That's certainly one way to view it. Another is that only political/military/social supremacy can maintain a slave system. Among Amerindians, only tribalism and physical supremacy separated slave and owner.

Yep, just as it was between the Britons and the Irish. Whereas the ingrained concept of supremacy over religious, ethnic, tribal, national and gender fault lines was universal, just not all had the political, military, or technological capacity to act on it. I guess, we're looking at the same thing, just from different directions.

The point, I believe, is, humans being what they are, that the supremacist ideology that underpins their exerting near limitless power over others (such as over a slave, or a captive in a concentration camp) is that worst of inventions, and it bears catastrophic fruit in the form of subduing others, usually in the form of raids or wars, or, slightly more subtly, in legal chattel status. The quest to "justify" that ideology, and the power disparity, is as old as is slavery itself. There's a reason for that.

Have you seen Trump's victory lap on the occasion of the Baghdadi killing? That was it, right there, in full bloom, as vile as you'd expect. The supremacist message to his "base" was unmistakable, as was the message sent out to Muslims the world over.

You mention supremacist ideologies, but in your last sentence you defend an ideology that is so supremacist that it's central mission involves the extinguishment of all other possible ideologies.

Do you even know what that word means?

What is it?

War is the worst thing ever invented by man. Yet the US government pursues a policy of nonstop war, and many Americans find this acceptable. We must all become ANTI-WAR!!!

In A Society Built On War, We Must Do More Than Just Prefer Peace
War is the worst thing in the world. In terms of death, destruction and suffering caused to human beings, nothing else comes close: it’s just the absolute worst thing. It is worse than economic injustice. It is worse than racism. It is worse than sexism. It is worse than homophobia and transphobia. It is worse than draconian drug policies and immigration policies. All of those things are bad. War is worse. The politics of anyone who claims to care about people should reflect this.

If you don’t think that war is the worst thing in the world, it’s only because you haven’t looked closely enough at exactly what it is and how it works. Wars always necessarily involve not just mountains of human corpses, but lives ruined forever, bodies ripped apart, brains permanently destroyed by neurological trauma and minds permanently destroyed by psychological trauma, millions displaced from their homes, rape and slavery and human trafficking rising exponentially in the chaos, extremist factions rising to power and inflicting unspeakable evils on people. The suffering that is inflicted by every one of these military operations which get promoted by middle-aged men in DC think tanks in a casual tone of voice with the occasional joke mixed in, the suffering is literally unfathomable.

I would say firearms. SO much unnecessary murder and mayhem has happened because of guns. But I'm not against gun ownership by any means. And gun control has been a farce. If someone wants to own a gun, they should be able to do so if they pass background checks.

What is it?

War is the worst thing ever invented by man. Yet the US government pursues a policy of nonstop war, and many Americans find this acceptable. We must all become ANTI-WAR!!!

War is the worst thing in the world. In terms of death, destruction and suffering caused to human beings, nothing else comes close: it’s just the absolute worst thing. It is worse than economic injustice. It is worse than racism. It is worse than sexism. It is worse than homophobia and transphobia. It is worse than draconian drug policies and immigration policies. All of those things are bad. War is worse. The politics of anyone who claims to care about people should reflect this.

If you don’t think that war is the worst thing in the world, it’s only because you haven’t looked closely enough at exactly what it is and how it works. Wars always necessarily involve not just mountains of human corpses, but lives ruined forever, bodies ripped apart, brains permanently destroyed by neurological trauma and minds permanently destroyed by psychological trauma, millions displaced from their homes, rape and slavery and human trafficking rising exponentially in the chaos, extremist factions rising to power and inflicting unspeakable evils on people. The suffering that is inflicted by every one of these military operations which get promoted by middle-aged men in DC think tanks in a casual tone of voice with the occasional joke mixed in, the suffering is literally unfathomable.

I would say firearms. SO much unnecessary murder and mayhem has happened because of guns. But I'm not against gun ownership by any means. And gun control has been a farce. If someone wants to own a gun, they should be able to do so if they pass background checks.
People did just fine killing each other before guns were invented

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What is it?

But guns make it EASIER to kill.

What is it?

So do swords knives sticks stones etc

People have been killing people since the dawn of time

What is it?

So do swords knives sticks stones etc

People have been killing people since the dawn of time

I suppose if you had to summarize human history in one word. Killing might be that word.

Legos.
upload_2019-11-3_12-41-27.jpeg

Yeah, war is inevitable- all conflict begins when one tries to force his will on another- there is no designated time line for retaliation against interfering/inflicting/forcing one's will on another. Where possible, some, if not many, will profit from the conflict. That too is inevitable. The profit is not always monetary- though eventually it is capitalized, it, being power over another- and, religion is often as not at the heart of the war or it's sold religiously to inspire zealotry of the acolytes, many of whom believe they are fighting the good fight for a moral purpose, when in reality they ain't.
------------------------------------ Pearl Harbor as example needed a WAR LIKE Response GDjjr .
Actually, Pearl Harbor was known about, and our interfering in the oil conflict between China and Japan is what caused the known of attack- therefore, had we minded our own business to begin with and followed Washington and Jefferson's beliefs (trade with all ally with none) we would have been out of it- yes, retaliation was necessary- but, had there been no allying to begin with there would be no need for the attack in the first place.

You probably would have also supported providing Hitler with the poison gas to kill the Jews, right? Not our problem, right?

The belief that there is no God and, thus, no moral law is the "worst thing" man ever invented.

Religion doesn't come close to the numbers of people murdered by atheists.

And in the modern era....religious atrocities were the worst before civilization came into being......then, with modern science, philosophy, universities, rule of law....the atheists in 1917 began murdering people in the millions....they had no excuse, the world wasn't primitive anymore....atheism is far more dangerous than religion...

Yeah, war is inevitable- all conflict begins when one tries to force his will on another- there is no designated time line for retaliation against interfering/inflicting/forcing one's will on another. Where possible, some, if not many, will profit from the conflict. That too is inevitable. The profit is not always monetary- though eventually it is capitalized, it, being power over another- and, religion is often as not at the heart of the war or it's sold religiously to inspire zealotry of the acolytes, many of whom believe they are fighting the good fight for a moral purpose, when in reality they ain't.
------------------------------------ Pearl Harbor as example needed a WAR LIKE Response GDjjr .
Actually, Pearl Harbor was known about, and our interfering in the oil conflict between China and Japan is what caused the known of attack- therefore, had we minded our own business to begin with and followed Washington and Jefferson's beliefs (trade with all ally with none) we would have been out of it- yes, retaliation was necessary- but, had there been no allying to begin with there would be no need for the attack in the first place.

You probably would have also supported providing Hitler with the poison gas to kill the Jews, right? Not our problem, right?
No need. Hitlers regime was more than capable of producing its own delousing materials. Or were you still contending that the holohoax was a real event?

Forum List

Back