There is no rapture, Jesus is not coming back in the clouds

You overstate. The OT is full of Jews killing Jews, check Maccabees as one example, for messing around with non Jews and non Jewish beliefs.

Jewish auxiliary troop units were part of the Roman legions surrounding Jerusalem during the Temple revolt and helped pull down the Temple after the Romans won.
Wayne, the manager is first row, center.
The Deseret News - Google News Archive Search

??? I cannot access anything related give me a hint---
does you citation state that the holy "undergarments" of Jesus were found in Utah?
??? I have know idea what you're talking about.
But we have never believed so called undergarments of Jesus were found in Utah.

I am unable to do anything with your link. how about a HINT as to that which it tells us?
I don't recall posting a link.
The link I did post was between me and starkey about a gym manager.
I'm thoroughly confused about what you're asking me. Which at my age ain't very hard.
I think she thinks (or she is just having fun) that somehow Mormons believe that Jesus wore garments of a religious nature. She is funning when she says "were they found in Utah."

Sad when Alzheimer's strike the very young.

If you want to actually do some serious reading:

Historical Jesus

It makes no assertions, just presents the evidence that actually exists. It does require thinking for oneself and there is no Democrat Party Dogma Document to help so there may be some pain in this......

Wayne, the manager is first row, center.
The Deseret News - Google News Archive Search

??? I cannot access anything related give me a hint---
does you citation state that the holy "undergarments" of Jesus were found in Utah?
??? I have know idea what you're talking about.
But we have never believed so called undergarments of Jesus were found in Utah.

I am unable to do anything with your link. how about a HINT as to that which it tells us?
I don't recall posting a link.
The link I did post was between me and starkey about a gym manager.
I'm thoroughly confused about what you're asking me. Which at my age ain't very hard.
I think she thinks (or she is just having fun) that somehow Mormons believe that Jesus wore garments of a religious nature. She is funning when she says "were they found in Utah."

no fume-----just INTELLECUTUAL CURIOSITY I had no notion of the nature of holy underwear until one day----I helped a patient OUT of the complex holy underwear

Jesus is not difficult at all.

He is not Dem or GOP or alt right.

He is my Savior. I call him Lord and he calls me by my first name.

So, what does the Bible teach about hell?

Hell Is

Far from legend, myth, metaphor, or allegory, the Bible presents hell as a real place where wicked people suffer the wrath of God. Consider these vivid portraits of hell from three different New Testament writers:

Then the King will say to those on His left, “Depart from me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels.” . . . These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. (Matthew 25:41, 46)

If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire, where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched. (Mark 9:43)

And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15)

Scripture presents a terrifyingly clear case for a literal hell. It’s a place where God punishes unbelievers for all eternity. Contrary to what some so-called evangelicals are teaching, hell is not a state of mind or a hard life on this earth. Your state of mind can change; your circumstances can improve. Hell never changes, never improves. Hell is not chastisement; it’s everlasting, insufferable punishment at the hands of an angry God.

According to the revelation Jesus gave to the apostle John, the fate of every unbeliever is to,

…drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger. And he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. They have no rest day and night. (Revelation 14:10-11)

Jesus and Hell

Though every New Testament author acknowledges the doctrine of hell, Jesus has the most to say about it. The existence of hell wasn’t something He questioned, debated, or defended, and He certainly didn’t apologize for it. He assumed the reality of hell just as much as He did the resurrection (John 5:28-29). Jesus viewed hell as a real place, a certainty, and so should you. in fact, He’s the model on how you should think about hell.

When Jesus talked about hell, His purpose was always to warn, not to raise questions or plant doubts. Consider the graphic words He used to portray hell—they clearly aren’t meant to provide comfort, but to frighten.

According to Jesus, hell is a place of outer darkness (Matthew 22:13) where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:12). Hell is a fiery furnace (Matthew 13:42, 50) of unquenchable fires (Mark 9:48-49). Hell is a place of spiritual and bodily destruction (Matthew 10:28) where there are endless torments (Luke 16:23-24). Hell is most certainly a place, a horrific place where agonizing conditions exist.

No Way Out

Have you ever been stuck somewhere in a situation beyond your control—an airplane, an elevator, a jail cell? In times like those we usually have a reasonable hope of rescue or escape.

Remember the mine that collapsed last year in Chile? Thirty-three miners were trapped thousands of feet below ground. It took sixty-nine days, but all of them were rescued from their underground tomb.

We love stories like that—against unthinkable odds, finding a surprise exit route or the execution of a successful rescue in the eleventh hour. But that’s not possible when it comes to hell. God built the prison of hell, and there are no doors or windows. God is hell’s jailer, and there is no key. There are no escape routes, and no one is powerful enough to rescue anyone out of His hand. That’s why Jesus said, “Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).

Hell offers no means of escape, rescue, or relief—no way out, ever. The occupants of hell are sealed in their damnation (Revelation 22:11). Friends and family can’t help; God won’t help. The time for mercy has passed.

As one who knows exactly what awaits the wicked, Jesus told the story of a rich man who was tormented in hell:

And the rich man cried out and said, “Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.”

But Abraham said, “Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.” (Luke 16:24-26)

Dante seemed to understand that message. His imaginary inscription over hell’s entrance, “Abandon hope, all ye who enter here,” rightly pictured hell as a place where mercy and hope are left at the door. But some reject that view, believing against Scripture’s testimony that God gives people a second chance. Some still say there’s a postmortem opportunity to believe the gospel, repent, and be saved. That may sound appealing (especially to sinners), but it doesn’t come from the Bible.

Others hold to a form of universalism that holds out the false hope that hell is not the final destination for sinners. In their view, God’s redeeming work doesn’t stop at death. God will eventually reconcile every creature to Himself—yes, even those in hell. As British evangelist John Blanchard put it,

All the ways to hell are one-way streets. The idea that those who go there will eventually be released and join the rest of humanity in heaven has not a shred of biblical evidence to support it.

Children are sometimes told fictional adventure stories with the delightful ending: “And they all lived happily ever after.” We call that kind of story a fairy tale. Universalism is exactly that. (John Blanchard, “Whatever Happened to Hell?”)

In the face of such clear, undeniable evidence about hell from the pages of Scripture, it seems absurd that professed evangelicals would challenge the existence, nature, or eternality of hell. But we shouldn’t be surprised. Satan continues his efforts to make sin less offensive, heaven less appealing, hell less horrific, and the gospel less urgent.

Don’t be ignorant of Satan’s devices. The Word of God leaves no doubt about the existence or nature of hell. With clarity and authority, God has told us everything we need to know about hell, and how to avoid it through the merits of Christ.

The Truth About Hell

Is the book of revelations presented as something Jesus said?------I read the NT----no evidence that Jesus spoke Greek

This "The existence of hell wasn’t something He questioned, debated, or defended, and He certainly didn’t apologize for it. He assumed the reality of hell just as much as He did the resurrection" is the stupidest comment in the thrad.

Use Jesus' words to tell us what He thought about "hell." We don't want your mangled nonsense. We want His words.

Jefferson to Thompson in 1816. Check the underlining of words.

tjchristian.gif

LMAO!!!

Is that it? Is that all you've got?
That's all that is needed. Jefferson said he was a true disciple of Jesus. Nothing more said. He believed in deity. He would have thought atheism a preposterous notion of specious thinking by weak minded men.

Unless you can provide verbiage in a quote I'll maintain that you're as full of shit as a Christmas Goose.

Jefferson to Thompson in 1816. Check the underlining of words.

tjchristian.gif

LMAO!!!

Is that it? Is that all you've got?
That's all that is needed. Jefferson said he was a true disciple of Jesus. Nothing more said. He believed in deity. He would have thought atheism a preposterous notion of specious thinking by weak minded men.

Unless you can provide verbiage in a quote I'll maintain that you're as full of shit as a Christmas Goose.
Jefferson speaks for Jefferson, you have trouble speaking for yourself, so I am not concerned about what you maintain.

I don't know how anyone can trust Jesus' view on hell since it's written for him in his (an images) name. And:
They claim he lied about ascending to his father when he actually decended to hell fulfilling Revelations comment about the devil having the keys of hades.
Source: Lied about ascending: John 20:1-17
Actually descended to hades: Acts 2:27,
1 Peter 3:19, Apostles Creed.
Fulfilled commentary on the Devil:
Jesus is the gate keeper with the keys to death and hades;
Revelations 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
But Rev 9:1 says that's the fallen star aka Lucifer.
Rev 22:16 admits Jesus is the fallen star aka morning star=lucifer.

Rev 9:11 (notice our focus is brought to 9:11 for a reason)
They had as *king over them* *the angel of the Abyss*, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon. *Abaddon and Apollyon mean Destroyer. Remember Jesus (who Apollonias helped create) himself admited being the one coming to destroy not bring peace:(Matthew 10: 34-40.)“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace but a sword [an Aramaic idiom meaning division]. For I have come to set a man against his father and a daughter against her mother and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take up his cross and follow me [worship death as he did] is not worthy of me. He who is concerned about his life shall lose it; and he who loses his life for my sake shall find it. Whoever receives you, receives me; and whoever receives me receives him who sent me."
Thomas Verse 16 "Perhaps people think that I have come to bring peace to theworld. They do not know that I have come to bring conflict to the earth: fire, sword, war. For five people will be in a house: It will be three against two, and two against three, father against son, and son against father, and they will stand
2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.Does this sound like a savior to save the world or the Abbadon= (destroyer) to destroy the world?

So 9:11 is a focus for you to recognize who the destroyer of the fabric of civilization.
Remember that this memorial on 9/11.

This will be right on topic while addressing some off topic comments made.

Many already know Hell- Gehinnom in Judaism is describing what life in the wrong path away from that essence we call G-d would be like. That's why they paint a picture of the burning trash dump outside the walls of Jerusalem as it's similarity. A life liken to war torn areas with burning tires, trash scattered, people and buildings tattered and all residing outside the kingdom.

But what many don't know is the term for being cast out the kingdom was called being dead or in the pits (of society). Sort of like in the TV show Big Bang Theory when Howard calls his friend "dead to him" for snagging what he considered was his new girlfiend.
He outcasts the 2 of them and refuses to aclnowledge them. But what happens when he accepts them back? He says they came back to him, they are alive, it's a miracle.
In Biblical times it was called resurrection and coming back from the dead to merely be welcomed back into society or inside the kingdoms walls through repentance or someone arguing your case. You were as Howard put it "no longer dead"- to them.
It's possible that the rich young man Lazarus was cast out -"dead to them" and brought back when Theudas(made part of Jesus image) pled for his lovers return from exhile.
IT'S an easy story to confuse or manipulate.
I say they used it for the later if it was not fully fabricated in the first place.

hashev------it is a matter of language and usage, -----as you know. I grew up knowing ONLY ENGLISH. No education in any religion-----except visits to the sunday school in the church basement with a friend. ------but regarding the bible
(OT and NT) even I had a slight edge over my sunday school
playmates based on language usage by my American born
grandmother who was also fluent and literate in Yiddish. The
manner in which American Christians misconstrue the words
of both books-----still fascinates me. Another issue is "traditional interpretation" People who grow up with
the yearly Christmas play re-enactment of the baby born in
the manger-----(which----in fact, I did---but it had no more reality to me than did FLASH GORDON and the Easter bunny) will hold onto their early impressions for life

I think the funniest manger scene I ever saw was an Archangel Michael statue above the manger with sword drawn on the Baby Jesus. Purposefully done symbolism, or accidentally revealled symbolism, either way It had me grinning ear to ear.

I know that Joseph and Paul were not the same man, because no logical argument can be made that the writer of Josephus was the writer of Paul's epistles.

Why not, a lot of it sounds the same. I am not saying their are one of the same, I'm sayin Josephus probably wrote Paul's letters, incorporating himself in parts. They are too many similarities to be a coincidence.

You would have to make a textualist argument, so go ahead. That would be interesting. You have a prompt that catches people's attention.

You would have to make a textualist argument, so go ahead. That would be interesting. You have a prompt that catches people's attention.

I will help you to understand penny. The Vatican is in possession of the original writings of Josephus----and---were
so disappointed that he never mentions Jesus----that they
inserted a few sentences. Christian scholars have a VERY
high opinion of Josephus and his scholarly writings----of course---LOGICALLY he must have been a BELIEVER -----afterall---he was so intelligent. The fact is that he never was ---never took up Christian belief. Several decades ago---
I ran into a person reading the complete works of Josephus---
and he was complete with a large crucifix on his chest.
(in patient) ----he left his book.----lots of patients do. I picked it up and read the FORWARD --written by a PRIEST--(no less)
The priest praised the accuracy of the work with a BIG EXCEPTION----
He did not like the fact that Josephus presented THE PHARISEES in a very positive light------the priest described
that issue as a "significant <lol> MISTAKE" (would you
expect him to admit that the few lines alluding to "jesus"---
is a fraud and Josephus remained a jew for life??)

Jesus lived.

Josephus lived.

Josephus was not a Christian.

Last edited:
I know that Joseph and Paul were not the same man, because no logical argument can be made that the writer of Josephus was the writer of Paul's epistles.

Why not, a lot of it sounds the same. I am not saying their are one of the same, I'm sayin Josephus probably wrote Paul's letters, incorporating himself in parts. They are too many similarities to be a coincidence.

Josephus incorporated himself in the letter of Paul?
I never read anything about Josephus in the NT---can
you cite the basis for your theory?

This will be right on topic while addressing some off topic comments made.

Many already know Hell- Gehinnom in Judaism is describing what life in the wrong path away from that essence we call G-d would be like. That's why they paint a picture of the burning trash dump outside the walls of Jerusalem as it's similarity. A life liken to war torn areas with burning tires, trash scattered, people and buildings tattered and all residing outside the kingdom.

But what many don't know is the term for being cast out the kingdom was called being dead or in the pits (of society). Sort of like in the TV show Big Bang Theory when Howard calls his friend "dead to him" for snagging what he considered was his new girlfiend.
He outcasts the 2 of them and refuses to aclnowledge them. But what happens when he accepts them back? He says they came back to him, they are alive, it's a miracle.
In Biblical times it was called resurrection and coming back from the dead to merely be welcomed back into society or inside the kingdoms walls through repentance or someone arguing your case. You were as Howard put it "no longer dead"- to them.
It's possible that the rich young man Lazarus was cast out -"dead to them" and brought back when Theudas(made part of Jesus image) pled for his lovers return from exhile.
IT'S an easy story to confuse or manipulate.
I say they used it for the later if it was not fully fabricated in the first place.

hashev------it is a matter of language and usage, -----as you know. I grew up knowing ONLY ENGLISH. No education in any religion-----except visits to the sunday school in the church basement with a friend. ------but regarding the bible
(OT and NT) even I had a slight edge over my sunday school
playmates based on language usage by my American born
grandmother who was also fluent and literate in Yiddish. The
manner in which American Christians misconstrue the words
of both books-----still fascinates me. Another issue is "traditional interpretation" People who grow up with
the yearly Christmas play re-enactment of the baby born in
the manger-----(which----in fact, I did---but it had no more reality to me than did FLASH GORDON and the Easter bunny) will hold onto their early impressions for life

I think the funniest manger scene I ever saw was an Archangel Michael statue above the manger with sword drawn on the Baby Jesus. Purposefully done symbolism, or accidentally revealled symbolism, either way It had me grinning ear to ear.

was it on someone's front lawn or---a church constructed thing?

I already have in earlier posts, Paul wrote lots of letters, and make no mistake , a slave in those days would not get those letters delivered. What we have is letters he wrote to different places, and his excusions in Acts. We don't know if those letters ever left Rome.:lol:

I already have in earlier posts, Paul wrote lots of letters, and make no mistake , a slave in those days would not get those letters delivered. What we have is letters he wrote to different places, and his excusions in Acts. We don't know if those letters ever left Rome.:lol:

to whom was Paul enslaved? He was jailed for awhile but not enslaved. What do you mean "would not get the letters
delivered"??? you mean he could not put a stamp on them and drop them in the local mail box? I am really eager to
know what you know about the POSTAL SYSTEM back
then

Forum List

Back