There is something seriously warped about this Duggar statement

And you think sanduskys records should have been sealed for the same reason

I didn't follow what started the Sandusky case, but didn't one or more his victims sue him? Sandusky was not a minor so sealing his records is absurd.
Nor was Duggar when the investigation started.

Duggar was not arrested, charged with a crime or sued by anyone. The statute of limitations has expired and all you bigots are doing is hurting several innocent victims for no other reason than you hate Christians.

We aren't doing anything but discussing this on a public forum. Your concern for the victims is shallow. If you were really concerned for the victims, you'd be wondering why his parents swept this under the rug, and never got Josh any professional help from a licensed therapist. And stop with your whiny victim BS.

Only a jerk would want to sensationalize what happened to 5 year old girls 12 years ago. The only one being harmed are the victims who are now teenagers and subjected to scrutiny and humiliation by assholes like you. In case you didn't notice, the Duggars have been widely discussed in the media.

Of course they're under scrutiny, you idiot, they are on a reality show preaching family values. They turned their own lives over to the media. This wouldn't have come back to bite them on the ass if they had been honest about it to begin with, and if they had dealt with it in an appropriate manner.

I've seen it over and over on this thread that many Duggar supporters, most of who profess to be Christians, that Josh's behavior was equivalent to a child playing "doctor".

And you don't call that denial of the seriousness of this sexual assault?

What do you think should be done to Josh Duggar? All that has been done so far is to sensationalize what he did to his sisters when the intent of the law is for juvenile records to be sealed to avoid exactly what is being done to these victims of his conduct. I find that just as disgusting as what he did.
I think you're lying. You simply want to defend the child molester.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I think you are a pretend Christian and wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the ass.

I guess we could say the same of you.

I guess you could, but I would prefer my supposed lie be refuted rather than calling me a liar.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm calling you a fake Christian.

I didn't follow what started the Sandusky case, but didn't one or more his victims sue him? Sandusky was not a minor so sealing his records is absurd.

Duggar was not arrested, charged with a crime or sued by anyone. The statute of limitations has expired and all you bigots are doing is hurting several innocent victims for no other reason than you hate Christians.

We aren't doing anything but discussing this on a public forum. Your concern for the victims is shallow. If you were really concerned for the victims, you'd be wondering why his parents swept this under the rug, and never got Josh any professional help from a licensed therapist. And stop with your whiny victim BS.

Only a jerk would want to sensationalize what happened to 5 year old girls 12 years ago. The only one being harmed are the victims who are now teenagers and subjected to scrutiny and humiliation by assholes like you. In case you didn't notice, the Duggars have been widely discussed in the media.

Of course they're under scrutiny, you idiot, they are on a reality show preaching family values. They turned their own lives over to the media. This wouldn't have come back to bite them on the ass if they had been honest about it to begin with, and if they had dealt with it in an appropriate manner.
If they had dealt with it appropriately they would never have earned so much money as media whores. They sold their children out for money.

Homosexuality today is all about glamorizing sexual enjoyment/fulfillment... Dugger's problem seems to have been straightened out and not dwelled on, accepted, or normalized. I am sure he would be the first one to admit he had a problem. Not many homosexuals are willing today to admit they are hooked or have an issue. The only reason Duggar was "outed" was to discredit his family which is a thorn in the side of today's "new normal." Fortunately, Duggar isn't what he was at 14 or 15 ---- Unfortunately, most 'gays' may never grow up.

Just out of curiosity when were you homosexual and when did you "grow out of it"? Since you know what it's "all about"...
It is a matter of choice. One can grow into being a lush if one refuses to curb the desire to get drunk. Babies do not start off wanting to be sexual objects. They grow up, and along the way they decide how they are going to live. Are they going to live for themselves, someone else, or for God? This is the basic choice of life. A man can use his sexuality to further his own pleasure, or decide that sex is not all there is to life. In fact, it should be among the least important things for a Christian. To the homosexual, sex seems to be the major defining characteristic. I believe that such a desire is learned and nurtured.

Homosexuality today is all about glamorizing sexual enjoyment/fulfillment... Dugger's problem seems to have been straightened out and not dwelled on, accepted, or normalized. I am sure he would be the first one to admit he had a problem. Not many homosexuals are willing today to admit they are hooked or have an issue. The only reason Duggar was "outed" was to discredit his family which is a thorn in the side of today's "new normal." Fortunately, Duggar isn't what he was at 14 or 15 ---- Unfortunately, most 'gays' may never grow up.

Just out of curiosity when were you homosexual and when did you "grow out of it"? Since you know what it's "all about"...
It is a matter of choice. One can grow into being a lush if one refuses to curb the desire to get drunk. Babies do not start off wanting to be sexual objects. They grow up, and along the way they decide how they are going to live. Are they going to live for themselves, someone else, or for God? This is the basic choice of life. A man can use his sexuality to further his own pleasure, or decide that sex is not all there is to life. In fact, it should be among the least important things for a Christian. To the homosexual, sex seems to be the major defining characteristic. I believe that such a desire is learned and nurtured.

An interesting theory, though not based on personal experience, and a bit hypocritical if you ask me. Do you also claim that heterosexual relationships are "improperly sparked" by the existence of sexual attraction between the couple?

I can agree that the choice of partner should not be a "sexual" decision alone, but your imagination that sex is /all/ there is in an LGBT relationship is both unfounded and patently wrong. You likely merely choose to only hear about LGBT sex because you discount the mentioned feelings that LGBT's have for each other as "invalid" - aka you know better than they do what they are feeling and thinking about each other. However, it should be noted that your "outside" perception does not in fact define the /true/ depth, nor shallowness, of anyone's LGBT relationship any more than you could define the depth or shallowness of a heterosexual's relationship from the "outside."

To paraphrase a wall-of-text I recently posted in another thread; LGBT relationships are not as shallow as you folks want to believe; in fact one could likely argue that there is more depth in an LGBT relationship than in a typical heterosexual relationship due to the shared empathy of many things that heterosexuals can't fully understand, the more upfront "truth" that LGBT's have with their partners as far as their life expectations, and a "kinship" that members of the opposite sex would typically not be capable of. To be clear, I'm not saying that LGBT relationships are necessarily better than heterosexual relationships or anything, merely that either type of relationship is almost always about more than just sex. Boiling down an LGBT relationship to "icky sex" is a wholly dishonest argument, in even the best light possible.

My adopted sister has been with her now wife for at least 20 years, two decades of commitment to each other is more than /mere/ sex by any standard of measurement. Similarly a close friend of the families son has been with is boyfriend for over a decade. I admit I do have other LGBT buddies who's relationships are more short lived and frequent, but I could say exactly the same of my heterosexual friends. Both sides split up over very similar issues as well; money handling, fidelity, and the vague "it just didn't work out" are the most common from either camp.

This sounds like a sermon from the Duggars. Just saying...

Josh has already admitted what he did was wrong to his parents and to the cops. What is the reason for further investigation other than to embarrass and publicly humiliate the INNOCENT victims. Nothing legally can be done to Josh Duggar. Even convicted felons are given a second chance after serving their time. Why not give a Christian a second chance?
Before you answer, I will tell you the answer. Because he is publicly opposed to same sex marriage.

That's rich coming from the side who hates and refuses to accept LGBT's, even those hundreds of miles OUTSIDE their religious circles. They just want to get married but the Christian's not only won't let them, but they pass laws specifically to /stop/ them from being happy.

Gee, I wonder why Dugger isn't getting any "sympathy" from the LGBT camp and those who might support their quest for freedom from religious dogma??

Damn skippy! Welcome to persecution, you know that thing you've been doing to the LGBT community for over two thousand years. Ya'll gotten what, maybe 10 years of it, and you're already sick of it? Karma's funny huh?

Then there's those of us who just think child molestation is wrong and find it disgusting that the church hides that kind of shit for their people and all they have to do is "ask forgiveness." Kind of makes us wonder what else ya'll are hiding for people who ask forgiveness.

I'm more angry at the religious leaders than ya'll sheep though honestly. They're the ones who capitalized on homophobia in an attempt to keep their flocks full in the US, a place where their religious persecution of other religions, races, and people in general have caused most "free thinkers" to lose interest in the oft extreme's of their religious leaders. They stupidly imo got overzealous and tried to use the constitution to legalize their persecution (again), this time they forgot that at the same time they argued FOR religious freedom, they would have to DEFY the same - because a few lines in the bible is the ONLY thing they have against LGBT besides the "eww" factor - turns out "eww" doesn't stand up in court as valid.

Hopefully the rest of the religious leaders in the US step in line with the rest of the first world power countries religious leaders on the planet and realize that their religious power base in the US isn't worth destroying over what happens in someone, who is outside the church's, personal life. If they are not willing to do that, then frankly I hope their numbers dwindle to nothing in this country. Someone else's religion should never be used to dictate how one lives in America, period.

The reason you bigots are insisting on humiliating the Duggars is because they are opposed to same sex marriage. That is beyond disgusting. Do you accept only the words in the Bible that you agree with?

Josh Duggar is a Christian and no Christian has said or even inferred that what he did was not wrong. Here are some excerpts from articles I have read. See if you can put aside your blatant bigotry and see where a lot of what is being said is by the anti-Christian atheists, agnostics gays and just plain asshole is not a bunch of bullshit. You fit in their somewhere.

"The Kelly File" confirmed that an Arkansas judge has sided with the Duggars on the question of whether a juvenile police record should have been released. The release by Springdale, Ark., police triggered the explosive report that detailed child molestation committed by Josh Duggar when he was a teen. Megyn Kelly reported that juvenile court Judge Stacey Zimmerman has ruled that the records should not have been released under the Freedom of Information law. Zimmerman ordered police to destroy any remaining copies.

On the other side, the Springdale city attorney, who authorized the release, told Kelly that the release was lawful.
Ernest B. Cate said in a statement that Josh Duggar was a minor when he committed the acts, but he was 18 when the police department investigated it.

“We sealed the records of juveniles in this country, because we made a policy decision that we’re not going to hold their acts against them, unless a judge says we can release them, or they commit a felony for which they’re charged as an adult. Neither of which happened here; that’s the bottom line.”

Springdale City Attorney Ernest Cate tells TMZ, the case file was never sealed. The reason — the police report wasn't filed until 2006, 4 years after the molestations began. When the police report was filed, Josh Duggar was 18 ... an adult suspect, and therefore there was no basis for sealing the case.
Cate says he got a Freedom of Information request from a media outlet, and since it was a non-sealed case he was required to release it under the Freedom of Information Act. The names of the minor victims in the police report narrative were redacted.

I've seen it over and over on this thread that many Duggar supporters, most of who profess to be Christians, that Josh's behavior was equivalent to a child playing "doctor".

And you don't call that denial of the seriousness of this sexual assault?

What do you think should be done to Josh Duggar? All that has been done so far is to sensationalize what he did to his sisters when the intent of the law is for juvenile records to be sealed to avoid exactly what is being done to these victims of his conduct. I find that just as disgusting as what he did.

I think you are a pretend Christian and wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the ass.
Your posting style doesn't strike me as Christian, more like pagan.

Would you prefer that I call you a liar for expressing your opinion?

And you think sanduskys records should have been sealed for the same reason

He's not fooling anyone. Neither him nor his fellow radical reactionary rightwing choir members.

Spoken like a pretend Christian.

Oh, we'd know by now. You just want to believe he's a pedophile, for whatever reason.

I'm not so sure that we'd know... I mean, we've got the church sweeping it under the run so it didn't ruin reputations, and it seems like the cop they talked to might have blown off the incident a bit as well, then we've got a judge destroying the paperwork /after/ information was legally requested (though as I understand it the files they destroyed were the minor victims "complaints" and not viewable, correct me if I'm wrong on that, but why have them destroyed THEN?), we've got the guy they had sent him to for "help" in jail for child molestation, and now the parents are having police called in because they are refusing to see DHS about another complaint.

That's an awful lot of suspicious shit to be going on if you ask me. I mean I can buy a couple, even a few, "quirks" in a situation, but at some point it starts to smell...

(Though I would not be surprised if someone asshole just made the recent report to harass them, still, the /correct/ thing to do is let DHS talk to the kid(s), not refuse to let them speak to the kid(s) and have to get the police involved - and isn't this the /second/ time the parents have basically ignored (legally authorized) people worried about their kids as well? Didn't they blow off some meeting with Josh?)

Josh has already admitted what he did was wrong to his parents and to the cops. What is the reason for further investigation other than to embarrass and publicly humiliate the INNOCENT victims. Nothing legally can be done to Josh Duggar. Even convicted felons are given a second chance after serving their time. Why not give a Christian a second chance?
Before you answer, I will tell you the answer. Because he is publicly opposed to same sex marriage.

Statistically, sex offenders continue to re-offend. That is why sex offenders are registered and face penalties for failing to do so. Josh has not been convicted, but his admission to having committed sex offenses as a youth is a strong indication that he may suffer and be subject to the same kind of illness other sex offenders have. The only way to insure he does not is by professional evaluation. Hence the only way to insure the safety of children around Josh is to make an evaluation so as to know what protective, if any, steps have to be taken. His unwillingness to be evaluated is suspicious, selfish and unreasonable. He himself has admitted to having experienced a problem that experts agree may be controlled, but in many cases, not cured. He needs to show that he is cured or that his illness can be controlled by professional assistance.

Show me the statistics of teenagers that are non-violent sex offenders that re-offend since I believe it is a very low percentage. It seems after 12 years, a marriage and three children, if Josh was a repeat sex offender he would have been, at the very least, been accused of something. He has shown that he is cured by his actions.
Sir, what was your stance for that Anthony Weiner incident?

Anthony Weiner is an adult, not a teenager, and should have known better. What was your opinion?

Shame on those 5 year old girls! They need to pay for being victimized now that they are teenagers and actually forgave their brother or his disgusting actions. Don't you agree, bigot?

I guess we could say the same of you.

I guess you could, but I would prefer my supposed lie be refuted rather than calling me a liar.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm calling you a fake Christian.

Marcatl called me a liar and how would a bigot like you know the what a fake Christian is?

I'm not so sure that we'd know... I mean, we've got the church sweeping it under the run so it didn't ruin reputations, and it seems like the cop they talked to might have blown off the incident a bit as well, then we've got a judge destroying the paperwork /after/ information was legally requested (though as I understand it the files they destroyed were the minor victims "complaints" and not viewable, correct me if I'm wrong on that, but why have them destroyed THEN?), we've got the guy they had sent him to for "help" in jail for child molestation, and now the parents are having police called in because they are refusing to see DHS about another complaint.

That's an awful lot of suspicious shit to be going on if you ask me. I mean I can buy a couple, even a few, "quirks" in a situation, but at some point it starts to smell...

(Though I would not be surprised if someone asshole just made the recent report to harass them, still, the /correct/ thing to do is let DHS talk to the kid(s), not refuse to let them speak to the kid(s) and have to get the police involved - and isn't this the /second/ time the parents have basically ignored (legally authorized) people worried about their kids as well? Didn't they blow off some meeting with Josh?)

Statistically, sex offenders continue to re-offend. That is why sex offenders are registered and face penalties for failing to do so. Josh has not been convicted, but his admission to having committed sex offenses as a youth is a strong indication that he may suffer and be subject to the same kind of illness other sex offenders have. The only way to insure he does not is by professional evaluation. Hence the only way to insure the safety of children around Josh is to make an evaluation so as to know what protective, if any, steps have to be taken. His unwillingness to be evaluated is suspicious, selfish and unreasonable. He himself has admitted to having experienced a problem that experts agree may be controlled, but in many cases, not cured. He needs to show that he is cured or that his illness can be controlled by professional assistance.

Show me the statistics of teenagers that are non-violent sex offenders that re-offend since I believe it is a very low percentage. It seems after 12 years, a marriage and three children, if Josh was a repeat sex offender he would have been, at the very least, been accused of something. He has shown that he is cured by his actions.

Anthony Weiner is an adult, not a teenager, and should have known better. What was your opinion?

It is disturbing that folks like the Duggar's and many of their followers and fans compare things like what Anthony Weiner did and same sex marriage with a teenage molesting five year old little girls. Normal people don't put those things in the same category. That is part of the driving force behind this scandal. The Duggar's and their fans are attempting to minimize the molestation of little girls. They compare it to consenting adults deciding on sexuality or an adult sending pictures of himself to other adults. If we listen to them we will treat molesting little girls as some kind of miner offense that need not be taken seriously. Oh well, it is the families business is not good enough for most people. Oh well, how about if we be serious about teenagers molesting little kids.

If they had dealt with it appropriately they would never have earned so much money as media whores. They sold their children out for money.

They did deal with it appropriately. Jealous of their money? LOL. Are all children on TV shows media whores, or just Christian children. Bigotry and jealousy are not very good arguments.

The reason you bigots are insisting on humiliating the Duggars is because they are opposed to same sex marriage. That is beyond disgusting. Do you accept only the words in the Bible that you agree with?

The only reason bible thumpers are fighting SSM is because "gay sex is icky." Disgusting is relative isn't it...

The Dugger's have made millions, taking advantage of true believers, all the while covering this shit up so they could make more money. /THAT/ is disgusting.

And yes, I do pretty much only accept the words written in the bible that I happen to agree with. Unless some major shit went down and everyone in the country missed it, I am not required to "accept" jack shit that is written in the bible.

The bible is the word of men, written specifically to control other men. Thing is that book's message doesn't work on me, to me God is nothing more than a bio-electric impulse effect of the brain; there's some researchers who can hook you up so you can meet him if you'd like...

I don't mind ya'll getting together and believing in whatever the fuck you want, hell I don't even really care if you assholes don't want to serve gays at your businesses, but I draw the line when you start trying to people they can't legally do something simply because of a few lines in your stupid book. So like I said, if you bible thumpers can't get in line with the rest of the world as far as SSM, then you really shouldn't be in this /free/ country, it's not your style clearly.

~ Someone else's religion should never be used to dictate how one lives in America, period.

Ever,

Jesus has forgiven him. the Duggars say that they know this, and presumably, Josh has a note from Jesus to that effect. Accordingly, unlike unforgiven child molesters, who are sent up the river for 10 to 20, Josh has been assigned to community service, where his job is to demonize gays.

It is disturbing that folks like the Duggar's and many of their followers and fans compare things like what Anthony Weiner did and same sex marriage with a teenage molesting five year old little girls. Normal people don't put those things in the same category. That is part of the driving force behind this scandal. The Duggar's and their fans are attempting to minimize the molestation of little girls. They compare it to consenting adults deciding on sexuality or an adult sending pictures of himself to other adults. If we listen to them we will treat molesting little girls as some kind of miner offense that need not be taken seriously. Oh well, it is the families business is not good enough for most people. Oh well, how about if we be serious about teenagers molesting little kids.

I didn't follow the Anthony Weiner incident. Was he arrested? Did he ask for forgiveness for his apparently indecent actions? Did he seek professional help? I really would like to know before I could make a comparison. I have three gay couples as neighbors, two couples are women and one couple is male, and we get along extremely well and consider each other friends. They don't need to get married to live together and most legal problems they may have can be solved by a power of attorney from legalzoom.com.

The only reason bible thumpers are fighting SSM is because "gay sex is icky." Disgusting is relative isn't it...

The Dugger's have made millions, taking advantage of true believers, all the while covering this shit up so they could make more money. /THAT/ is disgusting.

And yes, I do pretty much only accept the words written in the bible that I happen to agree with. Unless some major shit went down and everyone in the country missed it, I am not required to "accept" jack shit that is written in the bible.

The bible is the word of men, written specifically to control other men. Thing is that book's message doesn't work on me, to me God is nothing more than a bio-electric impulse effect of the brain; there's some researchers who can hook you up so you can meet him if you'd like...

I don't mind ya'll getting together and believing in whatever the fuck you want, hell I don't even really care if you assholes don't want to serve gays at your businesses, but I draw the line when you start trying to people they can't legally do something simply because of a few lines in your stupid book. So like I said, if you bible thumpers can't get in line with the rest of the world as far as SSM, then you really shouldn't be in this /free/ country, it's not your style clearly.

~ Someone else's religion should never be used to dictate how one lives in America, period.

No point in any further discussion with an anti-religious bigot. bye!

That's how YOU want to define us. Gays NEVER think and talk about gay sex as much as anti-gay people such as yourself want to dwell on it. If I had a dollar for every post by an anti-gay poster talking about the gay sex act or using the phrase "shoving it down our throats" I'd be a very very rich person.

That's rich coming from the side who hates and refuses to accept LGBT's, even those hundreds of miles OUTSIDE their religious circles. They just want to get married but the Christian's not only won't let them, but they pass laws specifically to /stop/ them from being happy.

Gee, I wonder why Dugger isn't getting any "sympathy" from the LGBT camp and those who might support their quest for freedom from religious dogma??

Damn skippy! Welcome to persecution, you know that thing you've been doing to the LGBT community for over two thousand years. Ya'll gotten what, maybe 10 years of it, and you're already sick of it? Karma's funny huh?

Then there's those of us who just think child molestation is wrong and find it disgusting that the church hides that kind of shit for their people and all they have to do is "ask forgiveness." Kind of makes us wonder what else ya'll are hiding for people who ask forgiveness.

I'm more angry at the religious leaders than ya'll sheep though honestly. They're the ones who capitalized on homophobia in an attempt to keep their flocks full in the US, a place where their religious persecution of other religions, races, and people in general have caused most "free thinkers" to lose interest in the oft extreme's of their religious leaders. They stupidly imo got overzealous and tried to use the constitution to legalize their persecution (again), this time they forgot that at the same time they argued FOR religious freedom, they would have to DEFY the same - because a few lines in the bible is the ONLY thing they have against LGBT besides the "eww" factor - turns out "eww" doesn't stand up in court as valid.

Hopefully the rest of the religious leaders in the US step in line with the rest of the first world power countries religious leaders on the planet and realize that their religious power base in the US isn't worth destroying over what happens in someone, who is outside the church's, personal life. If they are not willing to do that, then frankly I hope their numbers dwindle to nothing in this country. Someone else's religion should never be used to dictate how one lives in America, period.

Martyr much?

Forum List

Back