These Republicans are Denouncing Trump by Name

The beatings will continue...

“America must always reject racial bigotry, anti-Semitism, and hatred in all its forms,” the statement reads. “We are all created equal and endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights,” they continued, referencing the Declaration of Independence written by Thomas Jefferson, who was famously a resident in Charlottesville, Virginia. --- Joint statement by George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush

""There are no good neo-Nazis, and those who espouse their views are not supporters of American ideals and freedoms. We all have a responsibility to stand against hate and violence, wherever it raises its evil head" --- Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

Then there's the military.......

"The Army doesn't tolerate racism, extremism, or hatred in our ranks. It's against our Values and everything we've stood for since 1775." 4:50 AM - Aug 16, 2017 -- Gen. Mark A. Milley, United States Army Chief of Staff

"No place for racial hatred or extremism in @USMC. Our core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment frame the way Marines live and act." @USMC6:51 PM - Aug 15, 2017 . --- Gen. Robert B. Neller, Commandant, United States Marine Corps

"Events in Charlottesville unacceptable & musnt be tolerated @USNavy forever stands against intolerance & hatred."..http://ow.ly/o8NF30emLNA 8:31 PM - Aug 12, 2017
-- Adm John Richardson, Chief of Naval Operations, United States Navy
https://t.co/tg0cETibaq

"I stand with my fellow service chiefs in saying we're always stronger together-it's who we are as #Airmen"
10:01 AM - Aug 16, 2017 --- Gen. Dave Goldfein, United States Air Force Chief of Staff

Then there's the corporate world. Remember "electing a businessman instead of a politician"? Let's see how that's working out, this week......

"Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville. I believe the President should have been – and still needs to be – unambiguous on that point.

Following yesterday’s remarks from the President, I cannot remain on the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative." -- Denise Morrison, President/CEO, Campbell's Soup

"Our country's strength stems from its diversity and the contributions made by men and women of different faiths, races, sexual orientations and political beliefs," Frazier said in a statement that did not mention Trump by name.

"America's leaders must honor our fundamental values by clearly rejecting expressions of hatred, bigotry and group supremacy, which run counter to the American ideal that all people are created equal," he continued.
"As CEO of Merck, and as a matter of personal conscience, I feel a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism." --- Ken Frazier, CEO of Merck

(following these and other resignations, Rump took what was left of his ball and went home, disbanding the Council. These included Inge Thulin (3M), Kevin Plank (Under Armor) and Brian Krzanich (Intel).

Fake news.

Not fake, drooling imbecile. You can read their tweets for yourself, moron -- or perhaps you can have someone read them to you, since they aren't written in crayon.

It's sarcasm, sorry it upset you so much!

Ok, my bad. You're new, and this place attracts a lot of right wing trolls who throw out the "fake news" line, so it's hard to tell sarcasm here sometimes.

No problem, typed sarcasm is very hard to detect.

The beatings will continue...

“America must always reject racial bigotry, anti-Semitism, and hatred in all its forms,” the statement reads. “We are all created equal and endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights,” they continued, referencing the Declaration of Independence written by Thomas Jefferson, who was famously a resident in Charlottesville, Virginia. --- Joint statement by George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush

""There are no good neo-Nazis, and those who espouse their views are not supporters of American ideals and freedoms. We all have a responsibility to stand against hate and violence, wherever it raises its evil head" --- Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

Then there's the military.......

"The Army doesn't tolerate racism, extremism, or hatred in our ranks. It's against our Values and everything we've stood for since 1775." 4:50 AM - Aug 16, 2017 -- Gen. Mark A. Milley, United States Army Chief of Staff

"No place for racial hatred or extremism in @USMC. Our core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment frame the way Marines live and act." @USMC6:51 PM - Aug 15, 2017 . --- Gen. Robert B. Neller, Commandant, United States Marine Corps

"Events in Charlottesville unacceptable & musnt be tolerated @USNavy forever stands against intolerance & hatred."..http://ow.ly/o8NF30emLNA 8:31 PM - Aug 12, 2017
-- Adm John Richardson, Chief of Naval Operations, United States Navy

"I stand with my fellow service chiefs in saying we're always stronger together-it's who we are as #Airmen"
10:01 AM - Aug 16, 2017 --- Gen. Dave Goldfein, United States Air Force Chief of Staff

Then there's the corporate world. Remember "electing a businessman instead of a politician"? Let's see how that's working out, this week......

"Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville. I believe the President should have been – and still needs to be – unambiguous on that point.

Following yesterday’s remarks from the President, I cannot remain on the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative." -- Denise Morrison, President/CEO, Campbell's Soup

"Our country's strength stems from its diversity and the contributions made by men and women of different faiths, races, sexual orientations and political beliefs," Frazier said in a statement that did not mention Trump by name.

"America's leaders must honor our fundamental values by clearly rejecting expressions of hatred, bigotry and group supremacy, which run counter to the American ideal that all people are created equal," he continued.
"As CEO of Merck, and as a matter of personal conscience, I feel a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism." --- Ken Frazier, CEO of Merck

(following these and other resignations, Rump took what was left of his ball and went home, disbanding the Council. These included Inge Thulin (3M), Kevin Plank (Under Armor) and Brian Krzanich (Intel).

Holy hell, thats one heck of an ass whipping by those the most generally fall right in line with the Repubes. Rather damning for Agent Orange, but he knows more than them anyway and can fire them so.....

"I'm not going to defend the indefensible. I'm not here to do that. "His comments on Monday were strong. His comments on Tuesday started erasing the comments that were strong. What we want to see from our president is clarity and moral authority. And that moral authority is compromised when Tuesday happens. There's no question about that."

"Racism is real. It is alive. It is here. But the response from the vast majority of this country is diametrically opposite of the response in the '60s. We've had the United States military, generals, leaders, standing up and rejecting, completely, racism. We've had corporate America, which was fairly silent back in the '60s, standing up very strong, very loud and very proud."

"It is always helpful for the President to have coattails.. the President's coattails are shorter" -- Tim Scott (R-SC)

"The President has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful. He has not demonstrated that he understands what has made this nation great and what it is today, and he's got to demonstrate the characteristics of a president who understands that." -- Bob Corker (R-TN)

“It has not been my habit to widely offer running commentary on current affairs, nor to presume to weigh in on the events of a given day save those that might be of particular or specific concern to 21CF and my colleagues. But what we watched this last week in Charlottesville and the reaction to it by the President of the United States concern all of us as Americans and free people.

These events remind us all why vigilance against hate and bigotry is an eternal obligation – a necessary discipline for the preservation of our way of life and our ideals. The presence of hate in our society was appallingly laid bare as we watched swastikas brandished on the streets of Charlottesville and acts of brutal terrorism and violence perpetrated by a racist mob.

I can’t even believe I have to write this: standing up to Nazis is essential; there are no good Nazis. Or Klansmen, or terrorists. Democrats, Republicans, and others must all agree on this, and it compromises nothing for them to do so.” -- James Murdoch, CEO 21st Century Fox, informal POTUS advisor

Forum List

Back