This Country Is Tearing Apart At The Very Seams

America has some serious identity problems.....

America believes in exceptionalism , while presenting itself a grand hypocrisy to the world

America views itself as the world's police , while cloaking extortionary policy in the guise of freedom

America believes in FF ideals, while actively working to undermine them

America wants to carry the torch of freedom around the world, but fails to be example of it at home

America wants to promote itself as 'best' , by means a monkey could win debates against

America wants to claim science and media 'fake' when it's convenient to do so, much to the chagrin of the rest of the world

America wants isolationist policies at home, while declaring our imposition on other nation states justified

~S~

I have to admit I have an obsession. It gnaws at me. I am frequently preoccupied with it, searching for a solution to this puzzle only to be disappointed and frustrated.

How did this country get to the fractured, broken place that we currently find ourselves in?

I know part of the answer to that question involves Trump, but it’s far more than just that. It’s much deeper and has been in the works for much longer than the political prominence of Donald J. It goes back decades. It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness. There is a strain of person in this country that are frankly dumber than a stump and arrogant about it. Removing Trump either by a vote in the Senate or during the election won’t remove these people, they’re with us to stay.

And that’s a problem, a big problem.

This country is tearing apart at the very seams

It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness.

that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Good article.
The Stalinist democrat Party wants a One Party Rule nation and cannot accept that the nation rejected them.

I have to admit I have an obsession. It gnaws at me. I am frequently preoccupied with it, searching for a solution to this puzzle only to be disappointed and frustrated.

How did this country get to the fractured, broken place that we currently find ourselves in?

I know part of the answer to that question involves Trump, but it’s far more than just that. It’s much deeper and has been in the works for much longer than the political prominence of Donald J. It goes back decades. It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness. There is a strain of person in this country that are frankly dumber than a stump and arrogant about it. Removing Trump either by a vote in the Senate or during the election won’t remove these people, they’re with us to stay.

It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness.

You really can't tear apart something that was never together. What we see is a result of a nation built upon a dysfunctional belief. When I say that, I am not talking about the words that are enshrined on parchment. Instead, I am talking about what was actually practiced.

The Stalinist democrat Party wants a One Party Rule nation and cannot accept that the nation rejected them.
And as we look at republican gerrymandering and voter suppression, here is a republican claiming democrats want 1 party rule.

And as we look at republican gerrymandering and voter suppression, here is a republican claiming democrats want 1 party rule.

democrat Gerrymandering for 60 years is good, republican gerrymandering is an existential threat Oooookay!

Voter suppression? If the nonliving aren't free to vote democrat are we still a democracy?

So it’s the other guy’s fault? You just nailed why this country is fractured, we all blame the other guy.

In my opinion, no one should be astonished by the divisiveness in this country.

This country includes large numbers of every gender, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, political persuasion, etc. It is only natural there will be constant tension between these groups.

Some people sincerely feel that a multicultural nation like ours is a good thing.

Some people respectfully disagree.

Only our great-grandchildren will know which side was right.

The answer involves trump only to the extent that liberals cant accept the fact that they lost the 2016 election and now they will not get their way

its as simple as that

Rush says this pretty regularly, so naturally you're going to see it here - THE DEMS WANT ONE PARTY RULE AAAUUUGGGHHH - while pushing for one party rule.

Every time he says it, I just roll my eyes and smile. They somehow don't see the irony, they just swallow it whole and obediently repeat it. Incredible.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

democrat Gerrymandering for 60 years is good, republican gerrymandering is an existential threat Oooookay!

Voter suppression? If the nonliving aren't free to vote democrat are we still a democracy?

Democrats didn't gerrymander for 60 years, nor did the courts rule on the illegality of their gerrymandering. There aren't any nonliving people voting. You know good and well why voter suppression has been done.

Rush says this pretty regularly, so naturally you're going to see it here - THE DEMS WANT ONE PARTY RULE AAAUUUGGGHHH - while pushing for one party rule.

Every time he says it, I just roll my eyes and smile. They somehow don't see the irony, they just swallow it whole and obediently repeat it. Incredible.
You are mistaken about republicans

we do want to win of course

dont you want to win?

but what dems want is complete eradication of any conflicting ideas so that they never have to debate again

So it’s the other guy’s fault? You just nailed why this country is fractured, we all blame the other guy.
There are reasons and until we face those reasons American will never unify.

Democrats didn't gerrymander for 60 years, nor did the courts rule on the illegality of their gerrymandering. There aren't any nonliving people voting. You know good and well why voter suppression has been done.
Every majority-minority district is gerrymandered in favor of black people

dont you want to win?

but what dems want is complete eradication of any conflicting ideas so that they never have to debate again
But that's what republicans have been doing.

This country includes large numbers of every gender, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, political persuasion, etc. It is only natural there will be constant tension between these groups.
Some people sincerely feel that a multicultural nation like ours is a good thing.
I certainly agree, but it's still our choice to behave and react to each other the way we are. We don't have to behave like this.

There are many in the media and elsewhere who have a vested professional interest in keeping us divided and isolated and mal-informed and angry. I call them Division Pimps. They exist on both ends of the spectrum, and I don't think it's a coincidence that our divisions have increased along with the proliferation of the internet and cable news, giving these people an easy mechanism with which they can spread this cancer.

These people are winning right now, and we're sure as hell letting them.

dont you want to win?

But that's what republicans have been doing.
Not really

republicans are not storming college campus’ in an attempt to shut down liberal speakers

our ideas are better than yours and dems hate that

Bullshit. Look, I'm black so don't try telling me how everything favors blacks. I've never seen all the fabulous free gifts we are supposed to be getting. So would you please give me the link to the free black stuff administrations website?

dont you want to win?

I would "win" if both ends realized that this country was built on collaboration, communication and innovation.

No, I don't want one end to "win". Monopoly kills innovation.

Bullshit. Look, I'm black so don't try telling me how everything favors blacks. I've never seen all the fabulous free gifts we are supposed to be getting. So would you please give me the link to the free black stuff administrations website?
Your comment was about republicans allegedly gerrymandering districts

but dems do it too in order to provide safe seats for black people

I certainly agree, but it's still our choice to behave and react to each other the way we are. We don't have to behave like this.

There are many in the media and elsewhere who have a vested professional interest in keeping us divided and isolated and mal-informed and angry. I call them Division Pimps. They exist on both ends of the spectrum, and I don't think it's a coincidence that our divisions have increased along with the proliferation of the internet and cable news, giving these people an easy mechanism with which they can spread this cancer.

These people are winning right now, and we're sure as hell letting them.
There really are some policies out there that create problems for groups of people. This nation has never been united and the advent of cable news and the internet has exposed long time continuing division formerly hidden.

Forum List

Back