This Country Is Tearing Apart At The Very Seams

And as we look at republican gerrymandering and voter suppression, here is a republican claiming democrats want 1 party rule.
Rush says this pretty regularly, so naturally you're going to see it here - THE DEMS WANT ONE PARTY RULE AAAUUUGGGHHH - while pushing for one party rule.

Every time he says it, I just roll my eyes and smile. They somehow don't see the irony, they just swallow it whole and obediently repeat it. Incredible.
You are mistaken about republicans

we do want to win of course

dont you want to win?

but what dems want is complete eradication of any conflicting ideas so that they never have to debate again
I would "win" if both ends realized that this country was built on collaboration, communication and innovation.

No, I don't want one end to "win". Monopoly kills innovation.
You really dont want to win?

i find that hard to believe

of course your desire to fit square pegs into round holes is unachievable

democrat and republican ideas and values are radically different and incompatable

And as we look at republican gerrymandering and voter suppression, here is a republican claiming democrats want 1 party rule.
Rush says this pretty regularly, so naturally you're going to see it here - THE DEMS WANT ONE PARTY RULE AAAUUUGGGHHH - while pushing for one party rule.

Every time he says it, I just roll my eyes and smile. They somehow don't see the irony, they just swallow it whole and obediently repeat it. Incredible.

dont you want to win?

but what dems want is complete eradication of any conflicting ideas so that they never have to debate again
I would "win" if both ends realized that this country was built on collaboration, communication and innovation.

And if this country was really built on those things we would not be where we are today.

In my opinion, no one should be astonished by the divisiveness in this country.
This country includes large numbers of every gender, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, political persuasion, etc. It is only natural there will be constant tension between these groups.
Some people sincerely feel that a multicultural nation like ours is a good thing.
Some people respectfully disagree.
Only our great-grandchildren will know which side was right.
I certainly agree, but it's still our choice to behave and react to each other the way we are. We don't have to behave like this.

There are many in the media and elsewhere who have a vested professional interest in keeping us divided and isolated and mal-informed and angry. I call them Division Pimps. They exist on both ends of the spectrum, and I don't think it's a coincidence that our divisions have increased along with the proliferation of the internet and cable news, giving these people an easy mechanism with which they can spread this cancer.

These people are winning right now, and we're sure as hell letting them.
There really are some policies out there that create problems for groups of people. This nation has never been united and the advent of cable news and the internet has exposed long time continuing division formerly hidden.
We can choose to let that destroy us, or do the heavy lifting of communication, collaboration and innovation.

We'd first have to leave the egos at the door, and I don't think we're anywhere near that right now.

democrat Gerrymandering for 60 years is good, republican gerrymandering is an existential threat Oooookay!

Voter suppression? If the nonliving aren't free to vote democrat are we still a democracy?

Democrats didn't gerrymander for 60 years, nor did the courts rule on the illegality of their gerrymandering. There aren't any nonliving people voting. You know good and well why voter suppression has been done.
Every majority-minority district is gerrymandered in favor of black people

Bullshit. Look, I'm black so don't try telling me how everything favors blacks. I've never seen all the fabulous free gifts we are supposed to be getting. So would you please give me the link to the free black stuff administrations website?
Your comment was about republicans allegedly gerrymandering districts

but dems do it too in order to provide safe seats for black people
That's a lie and you really need to quit telling it.

dont you want to win?

democrat and republican ideas and values are radically different and incompatable
I told you how I "win".

There will be people who lack the capacity to communicate, collaborate and innovate. They have given up and bought into the notion that it's "us vs. them". They just won't be a part of the process. If it ever happens.

This country includes large numbers of every gender, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, political persuasion, etc. It is only natural there will be constant tension between these groups.
Some people sincerely feel that a multicultural nation like ours is a good thing.
I certainly agree, but it's still our choice to behave and react to each other the way we are. We don't have to behave like this.

There are many in the media and elsewhere who have a vested professional interest in keeping us divided and isolated and mal-informed and angry. I call them Division Pimps. They exist on both ends of the spectrum, and I don't think it's a coincidence that our divisions have increased along with the proliferation of the internet and cable news, giving these people an easy mechanism with which they can spread this cancer.

There really are some policies out there that create problems for groups of people. This nation has never been united and the advent of cable news and the internet has exposed long time continuing division formerly hidden.
We can choose to let that destroy us, or do the heavy lifting of communication, collaboration and innovation.

We'd first have to leave the egos at the door, and I don't think we're anywhere near that right now.
Democrats want to tear down America and then rebuild it to their specifications

Republicans otoh like their country and want to preserve all the good things that liberals hate

We have to fix the damage caused first and those primarily responsible for creating the systemic problems must take responsibility to do so.

democrat Gerrymandering for 60 years is good, republican gerrymandering is an existential threat Oooookay!

Voter suppression? If the nonliving aren't free to vote democrat are we still a democracy?

Democrats didn't gerrymander for 60 years, nor did the courts rule on the illegality of their gerrymandering. There aren't any nonliving people voting. You know good and well why voter suppression has been done.
Every majority-minority district is gerrymandered in favor of black people

Bullshit. Look, I'm black so don't try telling me how everything favors blacks. I've never seen all the fabulous free gifts we are supposed to be getting. So would you please give me the link to the free black stuff administrations website?
Your comment was about republicans allegedly gerrymandering districts

but dems do it too in order to provide safe seats for black people
That's a lie and you really need to quit telling it.
You really should inform yourself about the facts instead of repeating democrat propaganda

The two parties agreed to majority-minority districts during the Nixon administration

majority-minority districts - Bing

I have to admit I have an obsession. It gnaws at me. I am frequently preoccupied with it, searching for a solution to this puzzle only to be disappointed and frustrated.

How did this country get to the fractured, broken place that we currently find ourselves in?

I know part of the answer to that question involves Trump, but it’s far more than just that. It’s much deeper and has been in the works for much longer than the political prominence of Donald J. It goes back decades. It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness. There is a strain of person in this country that are frankly dumber than a stump and arrogant about it. Removing Trump either by a vote in the Senate or during the election won’t remove these people, they’re with us to stay.

And that’s a problem, a big problem.

This country is tearing apart at the very seams

It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness.

that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Good article.
The Stalinist democrat Party wants a One Party Rule nation and cannot accept that the nation rejected them.

LOLz

Whatever.

We have to fix the damage caused first and those primarily responsible for creating the systemic problems must take responsibility to do so.
We disagree. I think we go from here. We don't have much time.

dont you want to win?

I told you how I "win".

There will be people who lack the capacity to communicate, collaborate and innovate. They have given up and bought into the notion that it's "us vs. them". They just won't be a part of the process. If it ever happens.
Ok

Briefly tell me what the democrats get right and where they are wrong

then do the same for repubs

dont you want to win?

I told you how I "win".

In some cases it is "us vs. them". Understanding that allows you to communicate, collaborate and innovate.

There is no easy way out no matter how badly you'd like it to be so. You are not going to repair a damaged society by ignoring the damage. All you accomplish by doing it that way is maintain the dysfunction.

dont you want to win?

I told you how I "win".

Ok

Briefly? Good gawd.

I agree with each party on some things, but you're missing a point.

INNOVATION means WORKING TOGETHER to create something ALL NEW. Like our CONSTITUTION. That way, everyone has input, and everyone has responsibility for both the implementation and the results. That's how it works in dynamic businesses, with people who completely disagree at first. They're human beings, so I don't believe that we can't apply the same approach to politics.

There is no easy way out no matter how badly you'd like it to be so. You are not going to repair a damaged society by ignoring the damage. All you accomplish by doing it that way is maintain the dysfunction.
You can't possibly ignore problems if you're communicating and collaborating honestly.

You identify the problems, learn from them, and incorporate them into the new thing that you're creating.

That's an absolutely critical part of the process.

And I agree, there is no easy way out. So we either do what it takes to get it done, or we don't.

dont you want to win?

I told you how I "win".

Ok

Briefly? Good gawd.

INNOVATION means WORKING TOGETHER to create something ALL NEW. Like our CONSTITUTION. That way, everyone has input, and everyone has responsibility for both the implementation and the results. That's how it works in dynamic businesses, with people who completely disagree at first. They're human beings, so I don't believe that we can't apply the same approach to politics.
I thought I would test YOUR communication skills since you are so critical of ours

by briefly I meant pick out the most important issue in your mind and show us were repub and dems principles overlap and compromise is possible

I would win if both ends realized that this country was built on collaboration, communication and innovation.

We've been monopolized Mac, in terms of simple disparity , with those on top create denial imparting partisanship

That disparity existed in past & present monarchies ,dictatorships, theocracies , and yes it can happen to a capitalist system

It's no coincidence we've more millionaires in Congress proportional to the wealth in the USofA gravitating upwards

They, along with today's media are no more than tools for the 1% to hide behind

let me ask this, i'm finding today's political arena lousy with bald faced lies , not even good ones mind you.....lame one's parroted over and over, by a contingent the borg would be proud of

what does this symptom remind you of?

~S~

From the link

66 million people, more than have ever voted for a single candidate in any American election [except for Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012] , voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. But there were still 63 million who voted the other way. Those people didn’t represent corporations. Those people will not be easily appeased and will not simply dry up and blow away. They are a part of the American fabric, they are a part of us. And they, quite frankly, are basically a pack of lunatics from our point of view.

Speaking of being duped- that's a fairly good article up til the above- the author, as do so many from both sets of lunatics, hasn't got a clue or if they do they keep it hidden. Referencing History in the first part of the article then back sliding into arrogant mud slinging in the end is hardly seeking a resolution and is, in fact, tearing the seam of the fabric even more. Most politico's and hacks fail to recognize their own faults but love to point out the fault they find in others.

I wonder why these pretenders of all knowing don't offer a solution. Civilians seem to be quite happy with bashing each other on message boards and paying homage to talking heads. Meanwhile empty suits in the District of Criminals continues on its merry path of tearing at the fabric- so, lets attack each other. Great solution lunatics.

dont you want to win?

I told you how I "win".

In some cases it is "us vs. them". Understanding that allows you to communicate, collaborate and innovate.

Rarely is it “us vs them”. You get lopped into those two groups by someone too lazy to realize there are large swatches of gray in every one.

There are multiple sides to almost every issue but that doesn’t sell ad space or get mouse clicks.

So, on a message board, it doesn’t get traction because claiming there is common ground doesn’t stir passion

I told you how I "win".

Ok

Briefly? Good gawd.

I thought I would test YOUR communication skills since you are so critical of ours

by briefly I meant pick out the most important issue in your mind and show us were repub and dems principles overlap and compromise is possible
So everything I just said has been wasted.

There are very few issues that CAN'T be approached by finding common ground. Abortion and the death penalty, maybe.

Forum List

Back