This is breaking speculation maybe? Trump to announce.

“relating to the national defense,” and who proceeded either willfully to convey it to “any person not entitled to receive it,” or willfully to “retain[] the same and fail[] to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it.”

I don't see where classification status is listed in the statute.

Also from another site...

"Nor does the classification status of the documents affect Trump’s criminal liability. The Department of Justice has publicly cited three criminal statutes that might apply in this investigation. None of them require that the information be classified. The most serious charge, the Espionage Act, criminalizes mishandling of information “relating to the national defense.” Generally, judges consider classification to be strong evidence that information relates to the national defense. But unclassified or declassified information can still qualify — particularly when the declassification happened entirely outside the usual process, involving no consultation with the relevant agencies about the national security implications of removing protections."

That's because the law was initially written in 1917, before the classification system came about.....hence 'national defense information'.
Yeah. So? Get the law changed then. As it stands now, classification status is not required to be convicted of 793.

Yeah. So? Get the law changed then. As it stands now, classification status is not required to be convicted of 793.
Pretty cut and dried......Did Donald Trump have in His possession, documents relating to the national Defense?

(e)
Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or
(f)
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document
, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Pretty cut and dried......Did Donald Trump have in His possession, documents relating to the national Defense?

(e)
Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or
(f)
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document
, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Beats me, I don't have access the the documents. We will have to see how the investigation plays out.

There is still no EVIDENCE of any election "stealing."
Proof:

1668443807052.jpeg

(e)
(f)
YES HE DID

I don't think anybody grasps what's coming, but that's for the climate change threads.

Nah, I'll probably just starve to death, or die from an incoming nuclear missile when WWIII starts.

Not what I want; I just want free and fair elections respected, whoever wins or loses. Hundreds of races have been called already for Republican candidates - I trust it when people say they won those elections fairly and squarely. Democratic, Independent, Reform, Bill the Cat Party candidate winners should be treated the same. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh there's distrust of the system from both sides - no disagreement. I'm suspicious of lawsuits and court rulings that end up throwing out hundreds or even thousands of votes, but whether I like it or not, the law is the law. If I don't like it, I can vote for candidates (and in some cases judges) who will vote/rule differently. That's democracy.

Maybe because some states do a better job of counting their votes faster than others. Like I said, Florida didn't have the problems that Arizona did. Nor did other states, blue or red.

Hey, your party gerrymandered the shit out of Florida and Wisconsin and you don't see the progs refusing to obey government.

Well "rounding up" sounds fascist, but in general, I do think there should be consequences for breaking the law.
Once a people become so corrupt, then how on earth can a democracy even work anymore ???? It can't because the people are to biased and corrupt. This is what gives rise to dictatorships, because a corrupt people have to have an authoritarian leadership that will represent their corruption regardless of it knowingly being corrupt.

We have entered the pre-dictatorship days, and soon the Democrat's will have their dictator one way or another. They have too, because their radical agenda's are begging for it.

He can announce whenever it floats his boat but he lost A LOT of support at his "ADORE ME" rally when he bashed DeSantis. He won't win.
That was a fatal mistake that he made. He virtually passed the crown over to DeSantis when he did that. It's too bad because he's very good for the economy even if he is boorish. Unfortunately I think he just guaranteed that he will not get back in. At this point it makes sense to back DeSantis.... DeSantis has proven himself in Florida as an acceptable brand that can draw in a large amount from the center. He should be the next candidate.

Once a people become so corrupt, then how on earth can a democracy even work anymore ???? It can't because the people are to biased and corrupt. This is what gives rise to dictatorships, because a corrupt people have to have an authoritarian leadership that will represent their corruption regardless of it knowingly being corrupt.

We have entered the pre-dictatorship days, and soon the Democrat's will have their dictator one way or another. They have too, because their radical agenda's are begging for it.

I doubt it. They would need the military to support a left wing dictator, and I just don't see a lot of love for an American Castro there.

That was a fatal mistake that he made. He virtually passed the crown over to DeSantis when he did that. It's too bad because he's very good for the economy even if he is boorish. Unfortunately I think he just guaranteed that he will not get back in. At this point it makes sense to back DeSantis.... DeSantis has proven himself in Florida as an acceptable brand that can draw in a large amount from the center. He should be the next candidate.

As an outsider looking in at the GOP I think this is pretty realistic and cogent analysis on your part. Agreed, DeSantis would make the most sense.

Problem is, I don't think Donny is interested in what Republicans think - never has been. He will allow Larry Hogan or someone like that to run against him, but the moment DeSantis or Youngkin tries to climb through the ropes to get in the ring, he's going right after them and he won't wait for the bell. He won't give a shit if it tears the GOP apart and that's his threat to the GOP right now: "keep your challengers out of the primaries or I'll tank it all."

Will be interesting to see how Rupert Murdoch and other right wing media who may lean DeSantis deal with him. I suspect they'll want to pile on, especially if he gets indicted. Of course they'll lose some viewers over it

Perhaps Trump is not eyeing the WH. Perhaps he is going to try for Speaker Of The House.

Perhaps Trump is not eyeing the WH. Perhaps he is going to try for Speaker Of The House.
He’d have to be a member of the House first.

Going from being a former President to a House representative would be a pretty steep fall.

PALM BEACH, Fla.Donald Trump, the only president impeached twice, plans to seek a return to the Oval Office in 2024, he will say Tuesday, two years after voters ousted him and a week after they rejected his hand-picked candidates in several pivotal Senate races.

His plan was confirmed by a longtime adviser, just hours before he was due to begin speaking from his Mar-a-Lago resort.

Forum List

Back