This is the worst time of the American Sports Year, and here's how you fix it.

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
Granted, we are bailed out by the 2024 Olympics this year, but pretend there's no Olympics right now....

The NHL and NBA are both over recently
There's no college athletics
the NFL hasn't begun yet
The Tennis French Open and Wimbledon are over, the US Open isn't until August
The Golf British Open is over, the PGA isn't until late August
Only endless baseball regular season games, ones that are 1 out of 162 games as far as importance.

There's a more complex fix, but the easy fix is to delay the NBA season start from mid November to Christmas Day. That way, the NHL playoffs happen in June-July and the NBA Playoffs happen in July-August.. leading up to the beginning of NFL season.

Right now, both the NBA and NHL have their playoffs at the same time. It causes this stall, this slow, rotting portion of the yearly sports calander.

Granted, we are bailed out by the 2024 Olympics this year, but pretend there's no Olympics right now....

the NFL hasn't begun yet
Only endless baseball regular season games, ones that are 1 out of 162 games as far as importance.

There's a more complex fix, but the easy fix is to delay the NBA season start from mid November to Christmas Day. That way, the NHL playoffs happen in June-July and the NBA Playoffs happen in July-August.. leading up to the beginning of NFL season.

Right now, both the NBA and NHL have their playoffs at the same time. It causes this stall, this slow, rotting portion of the yearly sports calander.
The PGA tournament has been played in May since 2019...not in August.

the NFL hasn't begun yet

I personally love the stretch of the year when the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the NBA Playoffs are happening at the same time. Then during late summer I'm usually traveling to visit family or friends. It's a "lazy" time of year where I only casually pay attention to baseball. But that's just me...

Forum List

Back