🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

THIS is why you don't do Early Voting

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Greg Gianforte's assault charge puts Republicans in a lose-lose situation in Montana - CNNPolitics.com

It is also a state where you can vote by mail -- and, according to figures from the secretary of state, more than 250,000 ballots had already been returned as of Tuesday. That's roughly seven in 10 of all ballots election officials expect to be cast. (In the 2016 general election, just north of 507,000 votes were cast.)

I don't care if it would cost a Republican 1 seat in the House, people should vote with all the information available, and early voting eliminates that for many people.

I would go with 24 hour or even 36 hour voting, but no mail in unless proven absentee, no 3 weeks to vote. If you can't get to a poll in a 36 hour window, than you don't deserve to vote.

Greg Gianforte's assault charge puts Republicans in a lose-lose situation in Montana - CNNPolitics.com

It is also a state where you can vote by mail -- and, according to figures from the secretary of state, more than 250,000 ballots had already been returned as of Tuesday. That's roughly seven in 10 of all ballots election officials expect to be cast. (In the 2016 general election, just north of 507,000 votes were cast.)

I don't care if it would cost a Republican 1 seat in the House, people should vote with all the information available, and early voting eliminates that for many people.

I would go with 24 hour or even 36 hour voting, but no mail in unless proven absentee, no 3 weeks to vote. If you can't get to a poll in a 36 hour window, than you don't deserve to vote.
It does seem to be taken to extremes in a lot of states. I can see a longer window for Americans overseas, but other than that? I agree absentee voting is becoming more about convenience than necessity and it does create problems like this.

Elections should be a two day affair and recognized as a national holidays.

Last edited:

ALL votes should be cast on Election Day.

Anyone who can not schedule his/her life to accommodate an event occurring once in four years is too stupid for their vote to count.

misdemeanor.

Greg Gianforte, Montana House GOP candidate, cited for ... - Fox News

www.foxnews.com/.../greg-gianforte-montana-house-gop-candidate-cited-for-misdemea...
12 hours ago - Gianforte told Jacobs to talk to his press officer. ... Jacobs grabbed Greg's wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground.
According to your article, by Fox who presumably witnessed it since they were preparing to interview him at the time, witnesses said: Gianforte told Jacobs to talk to his press officer. At some point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground, according to witnesses.

Anyone who can not schedule his/her life to accommodate an event occurring once in four years is too stupid for their vote to count.

It doesn't work that way. In Mi the lines are getting longer and the polling places fewer, Yes we have GOP in control.

Elections should a two day affair and recognized as a national holidays.

Most people today have no idea what Fourth of July, Memorial Day,hristmas, Presidents Day, Labor Day or Columbus Day is all about, except it is a day off to fry fat burger and swill beer, weather permitting, of course.

A day designated as voting day would mean absolutely nothing, except that it would be a day off work, to fry fat burgers and swill beer, regardless of weather.

It doesn't work that way. In Mi the lines are getting longer and the polling places fewer, Yes we have GOP in control.

increasing polling to 36 hours would eliminate that. Polls would open 9 AM the day before election day, and close 9 PM the day of election day.

If a Republican proposes no early voting, the Dems would be howling about "voter suppression".

It doesn't work that way. In Mi the lines are getting longer and the polling places fewer, Yes we have sP in control.

There is no limit on the number of voting places to cut down on the line ups.

BTW, were there no line ups during a Democrat administration?

Elections should a two day affair and recognized as a national holidays.

Most people today have no idea what Fourth of July, Memorial Day,hristmas, Presidents Day, Labor Day or Columbus Day is all about, except it is a day off to fry fat burger and swill beer, weather permitting, of course.

A day designated as voting day would mean absolutely nothing, except that it would be a day off work, to fry fat burgers and swill beer, regardless of weather.

Sounds pretty awesome to me. lol

increasing polling to 36 hours would elte that. Polls would open 9 AM the day before election day, and close 9 PM the day of election day.

Perfect solution for irresponsible people who can't set aside a few minutes on an election day to cast their vote to bitch about for the next four years.

Catering to people who are unwilling to apply themselves is what put the country in the mess that it is in.

increasing polling to 36 hours would elte that. Polls would open 9 AM the day before election day, and close 9 PM the day of election day.

Perfect solution for irresponsible people who can't set aside a few minutes on an election day to cast their vote to bitch about for the next four years.

Catering to people who are unwilling to apply themselves is what put the country in the mess that it is in.

I don;t think a 36 hour window is catering to anyone, and its far better than 3 weeks of "early voting".

Plus it ends the campaigning earlier, which is great for everyone.

I don;t think a 36 hour window is catering to anyone, and its far better than 3 weeks of "early voting".

Voting should be on Election Day, 8 AM to 8 PM local time. any other time is catering to the lazy.

Doesn't bother me he taught that rude,disrespectful,democrat plant,joke of a "journalist" a lesson. That clown GRABBED the candidate by the wrist after the candidate tried pushing the recorder out of his face after he had told the clown to talk to his media guy about what he was asking about. It was a 100% set up.

Voting should be on Election Day, 8 AM to 8 PM local time. any other time is catering to the lazy.

i disagree. I hate 3 week voting, but see 36 hour voting as an acceptable substitute.

Forum List

Back