This is your moment, Mr. President

When did you hear about this in the Bush Jr years? The Clinton years? Bush Sr years?.......

You have to go back to the 60s

Last night was a slaughter...sick mother fuckers

Google Rodney King, Darrell Gates.

Karma got Rodney who don't know that?

We had racial issues since we've had issues. It is not specific to any party or politics.

My ass it always have been the democrats

We are suggesting the president lead....and Obama failed in the regard.....repeatedly....
He is leading. Doing a darn good job of it too.

Oh yeah, look around and see what a great fucking job he's doing...

Pull your hero-worshiping head out of his ass and look around sometime.
What did Obama cause? Because clearly you're tiptoeing around blaming him for something. ...

Not "tip-toeing" at all. obama has, on several occasions, gone out of his way to inject himself into incidents involving questions of race in such a manner as to make matters worse. He has inflamed and exacerbated racial tensions rather than being an agent of progress or even a symbol of unity as had been promised. As with foreign policy and trade, he has made everything he touches much, much worse.

What a load of rhetorical bullshit.

We are suggesting the president lead....and Obama failed in the regard.....repeatedly....

What did Obama cause? Because clearly you're tiptoeing around blaming him for something. ...

Not "tip-toeing" at all. obama has, on several occasions, gone out of his way to inject himself into incidents involving questions of race in such a manner as to make matters worse. He has inflamed and exacerbated racial tensions rather than being an agent of progress or even a symbol of unity as had been promised. As with foreign policy and trade, he has made everything he touches much, much worse.

His words and actions are a part of the public record.

So you want to approach this from the premise that no one is to blame?
You exist in a completely different reality.

I don't know how in the world you got that perception.

Wow.

Go away, troll.

I got it from you saying this:

"That can't be done as long as they're pointing the finger."

If no one can point the finger at who is to blame, then you're assuming no one is to blame.

Oh, and btw, the last time this happened YOU pointed the finger at the so-called PC police, remember? Pointed the finger at me and others here.

He has never done that. You ODS'ers are all the same.

They are...so you should have no trouble proving your claim.

In what instance did he inflame any racial tensions. Let's hear the incident and the evidence that what he said or did made things worse. Then...tell us what YOU think he should have said and to who.

You cannot prove this bullshit. It will be ALL a matter of your opinion. The man has been an agent for calm at every turn.

For some reason, you think it's helpful to spout off loads of empty rhetoric. Who knows why?

His comments yesterday were balanced and heartfelt. But they were not strong enough.

He has to cross political barriers and get mad here.
What, exactly, do you want him to say?

That black people get treated fairly by police and/or the justice system?!???

If so, not gonna happen, because it's not true. It's simply just, not, true.

Perhaps you and your ilk should take your advice and step out your own political comfort zones and face reality.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
MARC you're so full of shit again. We want him to say, hey lets cool down and WAIT for the facts, that never happens with this president. And if you want blacks treated fairly, since you claim they aren't, how about standardized punishments.....why do liberals hate equal justice for everyone?

Are you insane? He exactly said that we should wait for the facts.

That second part is jibberish.
He said that for Dallas, which is true, BUT he doesn't say it when blacks get killed, he always jumps to conclusions

Wow.

Go away, troll.

If no one can point the finger at who is to blame, then you're assuming no one is to blame.

Oh, and btw, the last time this happened YOU pointed the finger at the so-called PC police, remember? Pointed the finger at me and others here.
Or there could be blame on both sides, all sides, all across the spectrum.

But your mind works on such a simplistic, binary level that such a thought never occurred to you.

In fact, I'll guess it STILL hasn't. I'll guess this notion makes no sense to you.

It's the blind zealots like you who are the biggest problem within any issue.

They are...so you should have no trouble proving your claim....

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling conventions. We weren't indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated.

But this strategy alone couldn't provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerant. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names." --

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. . . . What I think we know — separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in their country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact." —

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2."

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

"I don’t believe it is possible to transcend race in this country. Race is a factor in this society. The legacy of Jim Crow and slavery has not gone away. It is not an accident that African-Americans experience high crime rates, are poor, and have less wealth. It is a direct result of our racial history."

"That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn."

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere...That's the world! On which hope sits!"

"I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother - a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."

"If I Had A Son, He Would Look Like Trayvon"

And on and on and on...

Wow.

Go away, troll.

But your mind works on such a simplistic, binary level that such a thought never occurred to you.

In fact, I'll guess it STILL hasn't. I'll guess this notion makes no sense to you.

Then why don't you point out the blame, instead of jerking off for a hundred posts?

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling conventions. We weren't indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated.

But this strategy alone couldn't provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerant. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names." --

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. . . . What I think we know — separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in their country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact." —

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2."

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

"I don’t believe it is possible to transcend race in this country. Race is a factor in this society. The legacy of Jim Crow and slavery has not gone away. It is not an accident that African-Americans experience high crime rates, are poor, and have less wealth. It is a direct result of our racial history."

"That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn."

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere...That's the world! On which hope sits!"

"I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother - a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."

And on and on and on...

So the police DIDN"T act stupidly when they arrested a man they already had determined had done no wrong?

Wow.

Go away, troll.

Then why don't you point out the blame, instead of jerking off for a hundred posts?
He did asshole, reading is fundamental

And on and on and on...

So the police DIDN"T act stupidly when they arrested a man they already had determined had done no wrong?
What ar ed you talking about, you have a link?

And on and on and on...

What ar ed you talking about, you have a link?

You want a link to common knowledge now?

Wow.

Go away, troll.

He did asshole, reading is fundamental
He's just doing his trolling, as trolls do. Trolls troll trollingly.

Either that, or I really needed to explain it to him. Seriously.

Regardless, I no longer burn much effort on him or the other trolls.

And on and on and on...

"The arrest of the professor, Henry Louis Gates Jr., was dominating talk shows and dinner conversations even before Mr. Obama discussed it on Wednesday at his news conference. But the president’s comments seemed to further polarize the national debate over whether the sergeant, James Crowley, who is white, was right to arrest Professor Gates for disorderly conduct while investigating a possible break-in at the professor’s home in Cambridge, Mass."

"Commissioner Robert C. Haas of the Cambridge Police Department said he would convene a panel to investigate the incident, but added that his officers were “deeply pained” by Mr. Obama’s comments and that Sergeant Crowley had followed protocol."

"Sergeant Crowley, a native of Cambridge, told a local sports radio station on Thursday that Mr. Obama “didn’t know all the facts” and that Professor Gates — a prolific scholar of African-American history and one of the nation’s leading black intellectuals — had been oddly belligerent from the start of their encounter on July 16.

“From the time he opened the door it seemed that he was very upset, very put off that I was there in the first place,” Sergeant Crowley told the station, WEEI. “Not just what he said, but the tone in which he said it, just seemed very peculiar — even more so now that I know how educated he is.”

Sergeant Crowley’s visit to the professor’s yellow wood frame home near Harvard Square was prompted by a 911 call from a passer-by who reported two black men trying to force open the front door. The men were in fact Professor Gates, just home from a trip to China, and his cab driver; Professor Gates said earlier this week that his door was jammed and he had asked the driver for help shoving it open."

"Sergeant Crowley said Thursday that he was only protecting himself when he asked Professor Gates, whom he did not recognize, to come out and identify himself. Daytime break-ins are not unheard of in the neighborhood, he said.

Sergeant Crowley described the woman who reported the possible break-in — who works at Harvard Magazine, on Professor Gates’s street — as “reliable,” and said that while the professor did not “look like somebody who would break into a house,” his tone was troubling.

In the police report he filed, Sergeant Crowley said Professor Gates had refused to step outside and, when told the sergeant was investigating a possible break-in, said, “Why, because I’m a black man in America?” According to the report, Professor Gates also accused the sergeant of being racist and yelled that he “wasn’t someone to mess with.”

Sergeant Crowley said he tried to identify himself several times but the professor was shouting too loudly to hear.

“He was arrested after following me outside the house,” Sergeant Crowley said on the radio, “continuing the tirade even after being warned multiple times — probably a few more times than the average person would have gotten. He was cautioned in the house, ‘Calm down, lower your voice.’ ” He added, “The professor at any point in time could have resolved the issue by quieting down and/or by going back in the house.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/us/24gates.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And on and on and on...

None of that supports your claim. At all.

And on and on and on...

None of that supports your claim. At all.

To the sane, honest people it does.

Forum List

Back