This is your moment, Mr. President

There has never been an American President with the background, the capacity, the experience and the skill set to take race head on like you, President Obama. Not even close, not within a million miles.

This country needs a leader who can step forward, and with calm and compassion and legitimacy, inspire Americans on all sides of this to look in the mirror and commit to cleaning their own house. You're the obvious person to do this.

This would mean some significant political risk, no doubt about it. Part of this would mean challenging a key Democratic constituency in a way it has never been challenged before.

This isn't about ability. You have that. The question is whether you can ignore the political implications.

It would be the most important and valuable legacy you could possibly leave.

Awesome.

There is no way in this world that what he says will meet whatever obscure criteria that you have developed in your brain.

Note that you have been vague again. You don't give the reader any indication of what it is you think he needs to say. Just that you think he needs to say "it".

I'll assume that you think he needs to tell democrats to stop trying to hold racists and bigots accountable for their words....because doing so upsets them and "fans the flames" of racism.

I'll also assume that you'd like him to chastise black Americans for protesting the deaths of black men at the hands of police officers....because doing so is leading to police officers being killed.

If I am wrong in my assumptions....maybe you coukd help me understand what it is you think he should say and why....so we are not left to guess what the fuck you are trying to say.

There has never been an American President with the background, the capacity, the experience and the skill set to take race head on like you, President Obama. Not even close, not within a million miles.

This country needs a leader who can step forward, and with calm and compassion and legitimacy, inspire Americans on all sides of this to look in the mirror and commit to cleaning their own house. You're the obvious person to do this.

This would mean some significant political risk, no doubt about it. Part of this would mean challenging a key Democratic constituency in a way it has never been challenged before.

This isn't about ability. You have that. The question is whether you can ignore the political implications.

Awesome.

There is no way in this world that what he says will meet whatever obscure criteria that you have developed in your brain.

Note that you have been vague again. You don't give the reader any indication of what it is you think he needs to say. Just that you think he needs to say "it".

I'll assume that you think he needs to tell democrats to stop trying to hold racists and bigots accountable for their words....because doing so upsets them and "fans the flames" of racism.

I'll also assume that you'd like him to chastise black Americans for protesting the deaths of black men at the hands of police officers....because doing so is leading to police officers being killed.

If I am wrong in my assumptions....maybe you coukd help me understand what it is you think he should say and why....so we are not left to guess what the fuck you are trying to say.
Go away, troll.

This is a serious and complicated issue that requires some intellectual elasticity. No one has the answers yet.

Go away.

While it wouldn't surprise me to learn that some black people got fed up and committed this horror it hasn't been revealed who the perps are. Last mass cop killing was done by white people.

We shall see.

This is a societal problem that we need to solve for ourselves, not sit around waiting to be told what to think or do.

Awesome.

I don't think liberals will ever hold Obama accountable for his racism and bigotry....they seem to celebrate it.....

Awesome.

Go away, troll.

This is a serious and complicated issue that requires some intellectual elasticity. No one has the answers yet.

Go away.

Nope. I'm here to have that adult discussion about race. What is it that you think the POTUS should say in order to seal his legacy?

Give us some bullet points.

While it wouldn't surprise me to learn that some black people got fed up and committed this horror it hasn't been revealed who the perps are. Last mass cop killing was done by white people.

We shall see.

This is a societal problem that we need to solve for ourselves, not sit around waiting to be told what to think or do.
We all,saw last night....go see for yourself and come back....

Awesome.

I don't think liberals will ever hold Obama accountable for his racism and bigotry....they seem to celebrate it.....
It has to start somewhere, and it'll take both sides of the issue to commit to it.

Could be. It wouldn't be the first time.

But tell me this: Let's say he did what I suggest, he comes out and nails it. Would you feel an obligation to challenge yourself and people on your side of the spectrum to look inward, clean your own house, stop pointing fingers until there is no fault from the Right?

I'm not getting personal here. I'm just being general.
Obama is the POTUS...he is the one who can change the narrative, but he won't. He is responsible for much of this, with his hateful rhetoric towards police.
Is that a "no"?
I suspect so, but what do you consider the right is responsible for?
Traditional white/black racism. Pretending that traditional white/black racism doesn't still exist. Not doing everything it can to put an end to it.

No, not the whole Right. No, not most of the Right. But it still exists, regardless of what the other "side" is doing to exacerbate it.
I think you are digging for something that is meaningless.

Blacks in this country are terribly mistreated by....wait for it....GOVERNMENT. Their government schools stink, many of their neighborhoods are full of crime, drugs, gangs, prostitution, blacks killing blacks is a decades old horrendous problem...welfare has destroyed the family unit, illegitimacy is off the charts, illiteracy is too, abortion kills as many as are born, etc....

and you are demanding something of the right.

You need to take stock and look at the big picture...even though it is appalling...all thanks to government.

We shall see.

From what i understand they have the suspects and if they were white the media would be delighted and dancing with glee.

Obama is the POTUS...he is the one who can change the narrative, but he won't. He is responsible for much of this, with his hateful rhetoric towards police.
Is that a "no"?
I suspect so, but what do you consider the right is responsible for?
Traditional white/black racism. Pretending that traditional white/black racism doesn't still exist. Not doing everything it can to put an end to it.

No, not the whole Right. No, not most of the Right. But it still exists, regardless of what the other "side" is doing to exacerbate it.
I think you digging for something that is meaningless.

Blacks in this country are terribly mistreated by....wait for it....GOVERNMENT. Their government schools stink, many of their neighborhoods are full of crime, drugs, gangs, prostitution, blacks killing blacks is a decades old horrendous problem...welfare has destroyed the family unit, illegitimacy is off the charts, illiteracy is too, abortion kills as many as are born, etc....

and you are demanding something of the right.

You need to take stock and look at the big picture...even though it is appalling...all thanks to government.
I've said it multiple times already: This is an issue both sides have to address honestly.

That can't be done as long as they're pointing the finger. This is ultimately a cultural issue and that's where this has to start.

Awesome.

It has to start somewhere, and it'll take both sides of the issue to commit to it.
I agree....

We are sending Trump to fix it....

You are sending another racist bigot, and expecting a different outcome.....

Awesome.

That's interesting.

Who are the two sides again? I will assume by this thread that you think the POTUS speaks for one side. You expect him to start the discussion with his reaction to this masacre. Who is on the other side? Who is to speak for them?

Awesome.

Go away, troll.

Go away.

Nope. I'm here to have that adult discussion about race. What is it that you think the POTUS should say in order to seal his legacy?

What happened to hope and change?

Almost 8 years latter and Obama made it a cluster fuck.

Who are you talking about? The racist piece of shit in thenWhite House who celebrated domestic terrorist groups like BLM and works tireless to divide America on racial lines?

He will act as he always acts, for himself first, then the democrat agenda.....

^^^^^^^^^^

and this little sock troll boy is exactly why the o/p is living in a fantasy world.

bigoted white trash like the above wouldn't care if president obama were the second coming.

the fact that the little imbecile thinks the president is "racist" is all you need to know about the real problem in this country.

so Mac1958 while a nice thought....there is nothing this president could do or say that would change imbeciles like that little idiot.

Awesome.

Go away, troll.

Go away.

Of course. He's anti-American. What did you expect?

Awesome.

Go away, troll.

Go away.

people like you happened to hope and change.

normal people hoped. rightwingnut losers didn't change.

thanks for playing.

Who are you talking about? The racist piece of shit in thenWhite House who celebrated domestic terrorist groups like BLM and works tireless to divide America on racial lines?

^^^^^^^^^^

and this little sock troll boy is exactly why the o/p is living in a fantasy world.

bigoted white trash like the above wouldn't care if president obama were the second coming.

the fact that the little imbecile thinks the president is "racist" is all you need to know about the real problem in this country.

so Mac1958 while a nice thought....there is nothing this president could do or say that would change imbeciles like that little idiot.
Go boot your meth hilljilly then come back and go all commando liberal....

^^^^^^^^^^

It has to start somewhere, and Obama's the perfect guy.

Forum List

Back