This is your moment, Mr. President

Obama is the POTUS...he is the one who can change the narrative, but he won't. He is responsible for much of this, with his hateful rhetoric towards police.
Is that a "no"?
I suspect so, but what do you consider the right is responsible for?
Traditional white/black racism. Pretending that traditional white/black racism doesn't still exist. Not doing everything it can to put an end to it.

No, not the whole Right. No, not most of the Right. But it still exists, regardless of what the other "side" is doing to exacerbate it.
I think you digging for something that is meaningless.

Blacks in this country are terribly mistreated by....wait for it....GOVERNMENT. Their government schools stink, many of their neighborhoods are full of crime, drugs, gangs, prostitution, blacks killing blacks is a decades old horrendous problem...welfare has destroyed the family unit, illegitimacy is off the charts, illiteracy is too, abortion kills as many as are born, etc....

and you are demanding something of the right.

You need to take stock and look at the big picture...even though it is appalling...all thanks to government.
I've said it multiple times already: This is an issue both sides have to address honestly.

That can't be done as long as they're pointing the finger. This is ultimately a cultural issue and that's where this has to start.
Not sure you making any sense.

The right has pointed out the horrendous conditions in many black communities, yet the Left yawns and does nothing. The Left controls things in black communities and has for decades.

Chicago and Detroit for example, are cities controlled by the D party for decades. Yet, nothing is done by the pols in those cities to fix the dysfunction.

Well, this is going pretty much as I expected.

That is the stuff of trolls, right there.

Why give up. Let's have "the discussion". What types of things should Obama say when he addresses the nation at the memorial services in Dallas this weekend? How can he heal the rift?

What can he say to bring people like DarkFury to the table in good faith?

If you don't tell us what he should say.....how will we know if he meets his moment or not?

Is that a "no"?
Traditional white/black racism. Pretending that traditional white/black racism doesn't still exist. Not doing everything it can to put an end to it.

No, not the whole Right. No, not most of the Right. But it still exists, regardless of what the other "side" is doing to exacerbate it.

Blacks in this country are terribly mistreated by....wait for it....GOVERNMENT. Their government schools stink, many of their neighborhoods are full of crime, drugs, gangs, prostitution, blacks killing blacks is a decades old horrendous problem...welfare has destroyed the family unit, illegitimacy is off the charts, illiteracy is too, abortion kills as many as are born, etc....

You need to take stock and look at the big picture...even though it is appalling...all thanks to government.
I've said it multiple times already: This is an issue both sides have to address honestly.

That can't be done as long as they're pointing the finger. This is ultimately a cultural issue and that's where this has to start.

The right has pointed out the horrendous conditions in many black communities, yet the Left yawns and does nothing. The Left controls things in black communities and has for decades.

Chicago and Detroit for example, are cities controlled by the D party for decades. Yet, nothing is done by the pols in those cities to fix the dysfunction.
So would you say that the Right has no part in this? White/black racism and bigotry have been eliminated?

Who are you talking about? The racist piece of shit in thenWhite House who celebrated domestic terrorist groups like BLM and works tireless to divide America on racial lines?

He will act as he always acts, for himself first, then the democrat agenda.....

^^^^^^^^^^

and this little sock troll boy is exactly why the o/p is living in a fantasy world.

bigoted white trash like the above wouldn't care if president obama were the second coming.

the fact that the little imbecile thinks the president is "racist" is all you need to know about the real problem in this country.

so Mac1958 while a nice thought....there is nothing this president could do or say that would change imbeciles like that little idiot.
It has to start somewhere, and Obama's the perfect guy.

he's been trying for 8 years.

unless the bigoted white trash change it isn't going to happen.

but you're right. he is the perfect guy....except no matter what the pond scum can't live with the fact that there's a black guy in the white house.

So would you say that the Right has no part in this? White/black racism and bigotry have been eliminated?
I did not state racism has been eliminated.

Are you blaming the right for racism?

Who are you talking about? The racist piece of shit in thenWhite House who celebrated domestic terrorist groups like BLM and works tireless to divide America on racial lines?

^^^^^^^^^^

and this little sock troll boy is exactly why the o/p is living in a fantasy world.

bigoted white trash like the above wouldn't care if president obama were the second coming.

the fact that the little imbecile thinks the president is "racist" is all you need to know about the real problem in this country.

so Mac1958 while a nice thought....there is nothing this president could do or say that would change imbeciles like that little idiot.

Yes. We know. He's missed his opportunity to heal the rift. He could have done so much...but all he has done is made it worse! Sad. Believe me.

There has never been an American President with the background, the capacity, the experience and the skill set to take race head on like you, President Obama. Not even close, not within a million miles.

This country needs a leader who can step forward, and with calm and compassion and legitimacy, inspire Americans on all sides of this to look in the mirror and commit to cleaning their own house. You're the obvious person to do this.

This would mean some significant political risk, no doubt about it. Part of this would mean challenging a key Democratic constituency in a way it has never been challenged before.

This isn't about ability. You have that. The question is whether you can ignore the political implications.

It would be the most important and valuable legacy you could possibly leave.

Awesome.

There is no way in this world that what he says will meet whatever obscure criteria that you have developed in your brain.

Note that you have been vague again. You don't give the reader any indication of what it is you think he needs to say. Just that you think he needs to say "it".

I'll assume that you think he needs to tell democrats to stop trying to hold racists and bigots accountable for their words....because doing so upsets them and "fans the flames" of racism.

I'll also assume that you'd like him to chastise black Americans for protesting the deaths of black men at the hands of police officers....because doing so is leading to police officers being killed.

If I am wrong in my assumptions....maybe you coukd help me understand what it is you think he should say and why....so we are not left to guess what the fuck you are trying to say.
Go away, troll.

This is a serious and complicated issue that requires some intellectual elasticity. No one has the answers yet.

Go away.

Nope. I'm here to have that adult discussion about race. What is it that you think the POTUS should say in order to seal his legacy?

Give us some bullet points.

What happened to hope and change?

Almost 8 years latter and Obama made it a cluster fuck.

Of course. He's anti-American. What did you expect?

Why are you so defensive? We wake up to a slaughter of Americans and you don't want to give credit to your messiah?

Again were is the hope and change?

Not sure how many times I need to say this.

Responsibility for where we are lies across the spectrum.

This is more complicated than A versus B.

Awesome.

There is no way in this world that what he says will meet whatever obscure criteria that you have developed in your brain.

Note that you have been vague again. You don't give the reader any indication of what it is you think he needs to say. Just that you think he needs to say "it".

I'll assume that you think he needs to tell democrats to stop trying to hold racists and bigots accountable for their words....because doing so upsets them and "fans the flames" of racism.

I'll also assume that you'd like him to chastise black Americans for protesting the deaths of black men at the hands of police officers....because doing so is leading to police officers being killed.

If I am wrong in my assumptions....maybe you coukd help me understand what it is you think he should say and why....so we are not left to guess what the fuck you are trying to say.
Go away, troll.

This is a serious and complicated issue that requires some intellectual elasticity. No one has the answers yet.

Go away.

Nope. I'm here to have that adult discussion about race. What is it that you think the POTUS should say in order to seal his legacy?

Why are you so defensive? We wake up to a slaughter of Americans and you don't want to give credit to your messiah?

Weak.

Not to your Obama sadly......

^^^^^^^^^^

Yes. We know. He's missed his opportunity to heal the rift. He could have done so much!

When did you hear about this in the Bush Jr years? The Clinton years? Bush Sr years?.......

You have to go back to the 60s

Last night was a slaughter...sick mother fuckers

Awesome.

Go away, troll.

Go away.

He's very confused by all this.

It's all very confusing.

He doesn't understand what's being said.

He has a lot of questions.

It's all very confusing.

Awesome. And this is Obama's moment. He can get the ball rolling....something he has neglected to do since his inauguration. If only he says........................?

I wonder what fills in that blank?

Awesome. And this is Obama's moment. He can get the ball rolling....something he has neglected to do since his innaguration. If only he says........................?

I wonder what fills in that blank?
Obama blew his load again on guns.....democrat agenda before country....it's how liberals roll.....

There has never been an American President with the background, the capacity, the experience and the skill set to take race head on like you, President Obama. Not even close, not within a million miles.

This country needs a leader who can step forward, and with calm and compassion and legitimacy, inspire Americans on all sides of this to look in the mirror and commit to cleaning their own house. You're the obvious person to do this.

This would mean some significant political risk, no doubt about it. Part of this would mean challenging a key Democratic constituency in a way it has never been challenged before.

This isn't about ability. You have that. The question is whether you can ignore the political implications.

Awesome.

Go away, troll.

Go away.

people like you happened to hope and change.

normal people hoped. rightwingnut losers didn't change.

thanks for playing.

Get off that meth pipe Jillian and get some better talking points..

That was just dumb

So it appears that the premise of this thread is ridiculous and absurd and ridiculously absurd.

What happens, then? Do we continue our slide into anarchy or civil war?

Predictions? Total death count projections, say, 10 years out?

Nope. We will not slide into civil war.

We've come a long way....and our young people don't need anyone to tell them what's up. the future is bright.

So it appears that the premise of this thread is ridiculous and absurd and ridiculously absurd.

At 20 trillion dollars in debt, to quote a great careless politician: what difference, at this point, does it make.....

Nope. We will not slide into civil war.

We've come a long way....and our young people don't need anyone to tell them what's up. the future is bright.
If only we could eliminate Big Government....then the future will be bright.

Maybe we should find out who these shooters are before we use it to express your "White Grievance Studies" course.

But let's say these terrorists are blacks who are taking retaliation for the police shootings.

So What?

Police shooting unarmed black men is still wrong.

The Unabomber didn't invalidate environmentalism, and we didn't end the anti-abortion movement because of Eric Rudolf.

Forum List

Back