This is your moment, Mr. President

I've said it multiple times already: This is an issue both sides have to address honestly.

That can't be done as long as they're pointing the finger. This is ultimately a cultural issue and that's where this has to start.
Not sure you making any sense.

The right has pointed out the horrendous conditions in many black communities, yet the Left yawns and does nothing. The Left controls things in black communities and has for decades.

Chicago and Detroit for example, are cities controlled by the D party for decades. Yet, nothing is done by the pols in those cities to fix the dysfunction.
So would you say that the Right has no part in this? White/black racism and bigotry have been eliminated?
I did not state racism has been eliminated.

Are you blaming the right for racism?
Not sure how many times I need to say this.

Responsibility for where we are lies across the spectrum.

This is more complicated than A versus B.

Awesome. And this is Obama's moment. He can get the ball rolling....something he has neglected to do since his inauguration. If only he says........................?

I wonder what fills in that blank?

It's not what he says but does..

He had again almost 8 years and his only achievement was to force us to pay for health care.

And oh yea pick some final four that we don't give a crap about.

I forgot about his amazing skills about using funny money and bailing out his butt buddies union friends...

So it appears that the premise of this thread is ridiculous and absurd and ridiculously absurd.

What happens, then? Do we continue our slide into anarchy or civil war?

Predictions? Total death count projections, say, 10 years out?

I'm sure most people are appalled by the deaths of these officers.

Not that we will do anything like put in sensible gun control.

But, hey, all you gun nuts who tell us "we needs our guns to dun fights the government"

This is what that actually looks like.

There has never been an American President with the background, the capacity, the experience and the skill set to take race head on like you, President Obama. Not even close, not within a million miles.

This country needs a leader who can step forward, and with calm and compassion and legitimacy, inspire Americans on all sides of this to look in the mirror and commit to cleaning their own house. You're the obvious person to do this.

This would mean some significant political risk, no doubt about it. Part of this would mean challenging a key Democratic constituency in a way it has never been challenged before.

This isn't about ability. You have that. The question is whether you can ignore the political implications.

It would be the most important and valuable legacy you could possibly leave.

Maybe we should find out who these shooters are before we use it to express your "White Grievance Studies" course.

But let's say these terrorists are blacks who are taking retaliation for the police shootings.

So What?

Police shooting unarmed black men is still wrong.

The Unabomber didn't invalidate environmentalism, and we didn't end the anti-abortion movement because of Eric Rudolf.
What an evil little liberal man you are....you are exactly what is wrong with America....

There has never been an American President with the background, the capacity, the experience and the skill set to take race head on like you, President Obama. Not even close, not within a million miles.

This country needs a leader who can step forward, and with calm and compassion and legitimacy, inspire Americans on all sides of this to look in the mirror and commit to cleaning their own house. You're the obvious person to do this.

This would mean some significant political risk, no doubt about it. Part of this would mean challenging a key Democratic constituency in a way it has never been challenged before.

This isn't about ability. You have that. The question is whether you can ignore the political implications.

Maybe we should find out who these shooters are before we use it to express your "White Grievance Studies" course.

But let's say these terrorists are blacks who are taking retaliation for the police shootings.

So What?

The Unabomber didn't invalidate environmentalism, and we didn't end the anti-abortion movement because of Eric Rudolf.

I will ask you the same question Joe...

Why are you still alive?

Is it because you are a decent human being and obey the laws

Man... are you ever living in a fantasy universe! I give him 24 hrs before he makes a speech lecturing us about the need for more gun control. Count on it!

Obama has been the worst president for race relations since Woodrow Wilson.

So What?

What an evil little liberal man you are....you are exactly what is wrong with America....
don't be too tough on Lil' Joe...he is merely a DNC troll. He comes here daily to spew DNC talking points.

My guess is he is a paid poster by Soros.

Man... are you ever living in a fantasy universe! I give him 24 hrs before he makes a speech lecturing us about the need for more gun control. Count on it! Obama has been the worst president for race relations since Woodrow Wilson.
Well, you never know, I guess. I just don't see anyone else on the horizon who could do what he can do, if he chooses to.

So it appears that the premise of this thread is ridiculous and absurd and ridiculously absurd.

What happens, then? Do we continue our slide into anarchy or civil war?

Predictions? Total death count projections, say, 10 years out?

I'm sure most people are appalled by the deaths of these officers.

Not that we will do anything like put in sensible gun control.

But, hey, all you gun nuts who tell us "we needs our guns to dun fights the government"

This is what that actually looks like.

We already have them..

This is about morals, respect and decency for one and another

You fucking liberals want everything to destroy at your Will

Man... are you ever living in a fantasy universe! I give him 24 hrs before he makes a speech lecturing us about the need for more gun control. Count on it!

Obama has been the worst president for race relations since Woodrow Wilson.
Obama spoke from Poland this morning and immediately politicized the tragedy and blamed guns....

LOL. As if racists listen to Obama. What planet do you live on?

Man... are you ever living in a fantasy universe! I give him 24 hrs before he makes a speech lecturing us about the need for more gun control. Count on it! Obama has been the worst president for race relations since Woodrow Wilson.
Well, you never know, I guess. I just don't see anyone else on the horizon who could do what he can do, if he chooses to.
Trump....

Obama spoke from Poland this morning and immediately politicized the tragedy and blamed guns....

And why shouldn't he?

Hey, gun nuts, when you all say we needs our guns to fights the government, this is what that looks like.

'The Government' turns out to be guys doing a not easy job and their families wondering if they will come home every night.

BLM acts on his every word.....and turns on a dime to his dog whistle....

And why shouldn't he?

Hey, gun nuts, when you all say we needs our guns to fights the government, this is what that looks like.

'The Government' turns out to be guys doing a not easy job and their families wondering if they will come home every night.
I'm just the messenger....my hands are up, don't shoot....

We already have them..

This is about morals, respect and decency for one and another

You fucking liberals want everything to destroy at your Will

Um, guy, when we find out who these characters are...

We are going to find out that they had histories of mental illness or criminal records.

And were still able to get high-powered guns, anyway.

Oh, you are right, it's a shame that he could have done so much to bring us together but he has simply failed to come remotely close to that... to the contrary, he constantly attempts to drive us further apart. He will again exploit this tragedy to push for more gun control and if he even mentions something regarding race, it will be to further push the agenda of Black Lives Matter and smear our nation's law enforcement officers. This man is an AGITATOR ...not Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Okay, just for the hell of it:

Part of what fuels them, what gives them an excuse for the actions, is that he's not holding one side as accountable as the other.

Yes, I know you disagree with that, but this is a part of the problem.

If he were to come out and forcefully challenge both ends of this to look in the mirror, hold their fucking hands through the door (because that's what it's going to take), there would be fewer excuses.

Perhaps more importantly, he might be able to create a momentum to inspire other leaders to do the same.

Forum List

Back