This Republican has got it right.

If there's a ban on AR-15s, will the ban be optional or will the government be coming to take them from anyone who doesn't voluntarily turn theirs in?
A ‘ban’ on AR 15s isn’t ‘confiscation.’

Those in possession of AR 15s at the time an AWB takes effect are allowed to retain their AR 15s.

Such a ‘ban’ is actually the prohibition of acquiring new firearms; and even then, AR 15s aren’t ‘banned’ as new AR 15s can be purchased provided they conform to state law.

There are AR 15 manufacturers who specialize in designing AR 15s legal to buy in ‘ban’ states.

This is a lie.

No one advocates for ‘confiscating’ guns.
Restricting sales and preventing people from carrying guns is no different than confiscation. It just takes longer, racist.
This is why there is no reasoning with people who can't reason.
You equate any gun controls at all as confiscation.
Incrementalism is the only way you get there.

I want machine guns. So, we will give you NOTHING!!!!!!

Restricting sales and preventing people from carrying guns is no different than confiscation. It just takes longer, racist.
This is a lie.

It also fails as a slippery slope fallacy and ad hominem fallacy.
We alread proved that you gun-grabbing butt fuckers are incrimentalizing, so your slippery slope is FUCKING PROVED!!!!!

I will not rest until felons can legally purchase and carry loaded, belt-fed machine guns in ALL schools, courthouses, government buildings, and airports.

Colt had been selling semi-automatic AR-15's to civilians for 5 years by the time the M16A1 replaced the M14. Going off of the serial number records for the SP1, Colt had sold at least 2,501 rifles to the civilian market by 1965, 8,250 rifles by 1967, and 14,653 rifles by 1969.

The M16 was adopted in March 1964.

So while those production/sales numbers may be accurate, what they conflated is the M16 and the adoption of the M16A1 five years later.

In 1969, the M16A1 replaced the M14 rifle to become the US military's standard service rifle. The M16A1's improvements include a bolt-assist, chrome-plated bore and a 30-round magazine.

Thanks for proving my point. The civilian AR was sold for 5 years before the US military widely adopted it. I went to basic and AIT using the M-14 and never saw a M-16 till I landed in Vietnam in 1970. Thanks for playing.

So government takes legal guns from non-criminal gun owners.
This is a lie.

And you evaded the question. So let's go with the lie that you're not going to "confiscate" guns, just restrict their use by legal gun owners. You still didn't explain how that allows you to go to the store without being shot.

It isn't legal gun owners who are shooting you stupid fuck and you did nothing about the illegal guns. Stop being a dumb ass

No measures have been introduced to ‘confiscate’ guns – the notion is a rightwing lie and more baseless demagoguery from conservatives.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
OKTexas
So they don't have freedom of speech?
Did you read what I wrote?
Yet you say guns aren't forbidden either.

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer son.

OK, Creep. Let's walk through that.

Where is the part that makes you safer? You thought honest citizens were the ones shooting at you?
First, they aren't confiscating all guns, but instead cutting down on the numbers. With fewer guns, the owner actually becomes more responsible. As OkTex said, he keeps all his guns loaded. The fewer that number, the safer people in his house (like visiting children) are.

Also since 7% of crimes with guns were traced to guns acquired during a burglary. The fewer guns in peoples hands the fewer guns to fall into criminal hands.

You lying mother fucker, I never said I keep "all" my guns loaded, and children don't come to my house. Any more lies you want of fucking dream up?

But why wouldn't you keep them all loaded? And who cares if kids do come to your house?

I keep a lot more than one gun loaded. And kids do come to my house. And guns are where they can see them. Just like it was when I was a kid; we knew the guns were in the cabinet - you know, the old wooden with glass doors gun cabinet. Handguns in the drawer of the same cabinet, along with ammunition. It never even occurred to me to touch the cabinet, let alone anything in it.

No wonder you're a racist. I guess you need a reason to prop up your ego and believe there are people you are better than since it's not intelligence.

Winston: But if you eat an egg, why don't you use EVERY plate in your cupboard???? And every fork in the drawer????

Winston: If you have two cars, why don't you drive them BOTH to the grocery store???

Winston: If you sit in your living room, why don't you sit on EVERY chair????

This schtick is really, really lame

Huh? How does any of that crap apply to anything in my post that you quoted?

I made clear I was talking to Winston. It looks like I hit reply to the wrong post

You mean it is not taught in every school, cause it sure was taught in mine, and still is. See, all you gun nuts like to believe that anyone that supports gun control is afraid of guns, does not know how to use them, and doesn't understand basic gun safety. You are sadly mistaken. Hell, right here in this thread we have a MORON that broadcasts he has all kinds of guns in his house and KEEPS THEM ALL LOADED. He sure as hell never had a gun safety class.

Guns are a tool, and they can be very targeted. I have many guns, each has a specific purpose, most of them for specific game. And yes, some of them are for self-defense. I mentioned the Appleseed project and I am quite sure no one in this thread, other than me, the gun control advocate, even knows what it is. Let alone having qualified, as have all six of my children.

What's wrong with keeping loaded guns in your house, I keep several loaded all the time. There's nothing unsafe about that. As for the rest of your disingenuous crap, shove it. Just saying the word "gun" can get you suspended from a lot of schools, but you already knew that.

At my school many students had guns in the trunk of their car so that they could go hunting when school let out. It is still that way today. In fact, the school board approved just such a scenario. In this part of the country the first thing the local boy scout troop does is take the scouts on a coon hunt and then they make coonskin caps. And if you keep loaded guns in your house you are just STUPID. And honestly, you have no business in this thread because you are doing more to support my arguments than your own.

Name the school, location and the year. And when it's just myself and my wife in the house, there's no problem having loaded guns.

Fred T Foard, every year.

You don't' even know what a link is, do you? Be honest

You mean it is not taught in every school, cause it sure was taught in mine, and still is. See, all you gun nuts like to believe that anyone that supports gun control is afraid of guns, does not know how to use them, and doesn't understand basic gun safety. You are sadly mistaken. Hell, right here in this thread we have a MORON that broadcasts he has all kinds of guns in his house and KEEPS THEM ALL LOADED. He sure as hell never had a gun safety class.

Guns are a tool, and they can be very targeted. I have many guns, each has a specific purpose, most of them for specific game. And yes, some of them are for self-defense. I mentioned the Appleseed project and I am quite sure no one in this thread, other than me, the gun control advocate, even knows what it is. Let alone having qualified, as have all six of my children.

What's wrong with keeping loaded guns in your house, I keep several loaded all the time. There's nothing unsafe about that. As for the rest of your disingenuous crap, shove it. Just saying the word "gun" can get you suspended from a lot of schools, but you already knew that.

At my school many students had guns in the trunk of their car so that they could go hunting when school let out. It is still that way today. In fact, the school board approved just such a scenario. In this part of the country the first thing the local boy scout troop does is take the scouts on a coon hunt and then they make coonskin caps. And if you keep loaded guns in your house you are just STUPID. And honestly, you have no business in this thread because you are doing more to support my arguments than your own.

Name the school, location and the year. And when it's just myself and my wife in the house, there's no problem having loaded guns.

Winston still hunts coons, but only the ones that try to leave the Democrat party
Well now, like when the smeller is the feller, I believe we have found our racist, the one calling everyone else a racist.

Democrats: You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! ...

Winston: { Silence }

kaz: You're the racist

Winston: OH MY GOD!

You're a joke. Well beyond that you called yourself Winston and you're a lover of Big Brother.

Funny how that only bothers you now.

Here's the ironic part. That is my POINT with endlessly calling you people racists who continually call everyone else racists. I'm tired of it. But if I don't go there YOU DO. My God you're stupid

OK, Creep. Let's walk through that.

Where is the part that makes you safer? You thought honest citizens were the ones shooting at you?
First, they aren't confiscating all guns, but instead cutting down on the numbers. With fewer guns, the owner actually becomes more responsible. As OkTex said, he keeps all his guns loaded. The fewer that number, the safer people in his house (like visiting children) are.

Also since 7% of crimes with guns were traced to guns acquired during a burglary. The fewer guns in peoples hands the fewer guns to fall into criminal hands.

You lying mother fucker, I never said I keep "all" my guns loaded, and children don't come to my house. Any more lies you want of fucking dream up?

Winston has never touched a gun before. If he saw one he would cry. He lives in a loft in SoHo and drinks white wine spritzers. He and his friends say "gun," poke each other and giggle like school girls. So he measures everything on that scale. Say you keep your gun safely loaded in case you need it urgently and he hears that you're shooting bazookas into your street
Actually, I have yet heard anyone say a damn thing about the Appleseed Project. I mean I bet you morons don't even know who Daniel Morgan was. The really funny part, most you gun supporters are walking, talking, advocates for gun control. Keeping loaded guns around the house, one for the purpose of killing "gophers" in his garden. I mean I laughed my ass off. The best way to take out groundhogs is with a small caliber rifle at about 200 yards. Which is about 180 yards further than any of you nutcases can handle.

Yeah, I hunt. I mean HUNT. No ambushing deer. Not surrounding a plowed under field of beans to ambush dove. Nope, I hunt, with dogs. It is what real men do. In fact, the Gods placed dogs on this earth for the express purpose of hunting, and teaching men leadership. It is called Cynegeticus. And for generations, that is what my family has done, to great effect. If you can effectively run a pack of rabbit dogs, well you can sure as hell run a group of workers.

I mean why the hell do you think the Boy Scouts take the troop on a coon hunt? To teach them to work the dogs. To train leaders. All you yapping assholes are followers, and pretty piss poor at even that. Repeating long ago debunked bullshit about defensive gun uses. No one, not one single person, has even attempted to counter my cost/benefit analysis of banning assault weapons. Mostly because those pro-Gun sites don't give you a rundown of how to address such a question. So you are lost.

I mean piss on all of you idiots. My family has been fighting and defending this nation from the very beginning. It was my ancestor that shot Fergunson off his horse, and I am pretty damn sure you idiot fools don't even know who Fergunson was or where it happened. But I know Daniel did it, along with about half a dozen other patriots. And the gun he used, well it wasn't his, he borrowed it. From my great, great, oh hell I don't know how many greats, grandfather. The rifle was absolutely legendary, the Cherokee called it the great firestick, and treated the owner with the upmost respect. The same respect that I, and my children, treat a gun. In the end, that is where you FOOLS fail. You cannot treat a gun with the proper respect it deserves and therefore, you don't deserve the PRIVILEGE of owning one.

You're just ranting bull shit. We have consistently argued that guns can be dangerous if they aren't handled right and that is what we were taught.

What "proper respect" do you even think you give guns that we don't? You just sound like another idiot leftist who hates anyone who doesn't share your left wing politics

This is a lie.

Democrats: Fucking Republicans, they won't accept reasonable limits on guns! Just because you limit something doesn't mean you want to ban it!

Democrats: Fucking Republicans, there can be no limits on abortion, we know their agenda is to ban it! We can't accept ANY limit!

Democrats are experts in hypocrisy, you do it constantly.

Your goal is to ban guns. Don't think anyone is stupid enough to believe your lies

This is a lie.

And you evaded the question. So let's go with the lie that you're not going to "confiscate" guns, just restrict their use by legal gun owners. You still didn't explain how that allows you to go to the store without being shot.

It isn't legal gun owners who are shooting you stupid fuck and you did nothing about the illegal guns. Stop being a dumb ass

No measures have been introduced to ‘confiscate’ guns – the notion is a rightwing lie and more baseless demagoguery from conservatives.

Pretending for a second that you aren't for banning guns. You are flat out lying when you say your party isn't out to do that. And we both know if/when they do, you will be silent.

Democrats are stupid people who think everyone else is as stupid as you are

This is a lie.

That wasn't a slippery slope argument, moron.

And you are a racist, it's not a ad hominem. Every view Democrats have is driven and justified with race. That is a fact, you're a racist. It's not an ad hominem to call someone who robs banks a bank robber. It's not ad hominem to call a racist a racist. You're a racist.

Note that you have objected to me calling you a racist in this post (one time) more times than you have called out Democrats for calling non-Democrats racists in the hundreds of thousands of posts you've read.

Note also that is my point with guns. Now you're screaming no it's not! Not it's not! Democrats don't want to ban guns! But when they do, you will say nothing just like you say nothing about Democrats calling people racists

This is a lie.

Pretending for a second that you aren't for banning guns. You are flat out lying when you say your party isn't out to do that. And we both know if/when they do, you will be silent.

Democrats are stupid people who think everyone else is as stupid as you are
One cannot reason with dishonest liars, which is who conservatives are.

Conservatives lie about gun ‘bans’ and gun ‘confiscation’ that never come about.

Indeed, for eight years when President Obama was in office conservatives lied about guns being ‘confiscated.’

Eight years later not one gun ‘confiscated.’

Conservatives lying about ‘bans’ and ‘confiscation’ is just more of their tedious fearmongering and demagoguery.

This is a lie.

Incrementalism is the only way you get there.

I want machine guns. So, we will give you NOTHING!!!!!!

My argument wasn't a slippery slope argument, the blowhard Clayton is a moron.

He said Democrats won't "confiscate" guns. I pointed out stopping sales will get there, it just takes longer.

A slippery slope argument would have been if I said first you will ban sales, then you will confiscate guns.

That wasn't my argument. The blow hard was blowing smoke.

I find it hilarious how he constantly looks up logical fallacies then uses them wrong

This is a lie.

That wasn't a slippery slope argument, moron.

And you are a racist, it's not a ad hominem. Every view Democrats have is driven and justified with race. That is a fact, you're a racist. It's not an ad hominem to call someone who robs banks a bank robber. It's not ad hominem to call a racist a racist. You're a racist.

Note that you have objected to me calling you a racist in this post (one time) more times than you have called out Democrats for calling non-Democrats racists in the hundreds of thousands of posts you've read.

Note also that is my point with guns. Now you're screaming no it's not! Not it's not! Democrats don't want to ban guns! But when they do, you will say nothing just like you say nothing about Democrats calling people racists
You’re a liar.

Claiming that there is some effort to prevent people from carrying guns is a lie.

Claiming that there is some effort to restrict sales of guns is a lie.

It’s a lie to claim that either manifest as ‘confiscation.’

It’s a lie to claim that either is a ‘prelude’ to ‘confiscation,’ it fails as a slippery slope fallacy.

Falsely accusing someone of being a ‘racist’ is a personal attack, it fails as an ad hominem fallacy.

What is an assault rifle and how does it differ from a regular rifle?

One is designed to kill 20 people in 10 seconds and the other one isn't.
One is designed for military use and warfare, the other one isn't.
Any other incredibly stupid questions?
They know you mean combat weapons. The ones with no legitimate purpose.

If some weapon had no legitimate purpose, then why would anyone make or sell them?
Rifles like an AR-15 are some of the least powerful and least deadly rifles made.
The tiny .223 bullet was adopted by the military because they decided it made winning easier if they stopped killing people.
The bullet the AR-15 shoots is designed to not be able to kill, but to wound instead.
They are so weak that most states do not allow AR-15s to be used to hunt deer, as they are not lethal enough and cause a slow death.

But really, in a country founded by violent armed rebellion, and with all governments only lasting about 300 years before they become corrupt and need to be destroyed, anyone who does not have combat ready weapons in a democratic republic, is extremely irresponsible, to the point of being a traitor.
I know quite a bit about guns, I own some, I just think the usual arguments the right trots out are stupid and meant to shirk all the responsibility of responsible gun ownership.

I've had access to guns all my life and have owned them for 58+ years. Not one of them have harmed a person, would you call that responsible gun ownership?

Are you actually responsible with them or are you just a statistical anomaly?

Are you a troll or just an ignorant assed commie?

Are you just a total dumbass or are you also a complete moron?
Both.

Forum List

Back