This Week Marks the 51st Anniversary Of Interracial Marriage

Early on, not too much in the way of the fireworks hoped for by the bait thread.

Maybe it will pick up a bit.
This is the firework statement of the thread:

“measures designed to maintain White Supremacy.”

Which will always be ignored by the typical closet racist -- slavery apologist --bigot who always says that "blacks weren't discriminated against and if they were, it was a long time ago -- and liberals did it" or "this country wasn't founded on white supremacy, and if it was, that was hundreds of years ago"

Fact of the matter is -- a court that is only from 50 years ago still felt their was a system of white supremacy still being maintained
Yep, sure was. We've evolved, at least some, fortunately. We'll get there.

It's nice to see people born a certain way being treated equally. Too bad behaviors later don't fall into this same legal class.

Early on, not too much in the way of the fireworks hoped for by the bait thread.

Which will always be ignored by the typical closet racist -- slavery apologist --bigot who always says that "blacks weren't discriminated against and if they were, it was a long time ago -- and liberals did it" or "this country wasn't founded on white supremacy, and if it was, that was hundreds of years ago"

Fact of the matter is -- a court that is only from 50 years ago still felt their was a system of white supremacy still being maintained
Yea, we have progressed and will remain progressive on the issue of civil rights

I definitely do not want to take America back in the way conservatives always opine about.

Yea, we have progressed and will remain progressive on the issue of civil rights

I definitely do not want to take America back in the way conservatives always opine about.
Won't happen. The country is getting browner by the day.

What we don't need is people with mixed agendas making things worse, pissing people off just to piss them off.

That's partially how we got Trump.

51 years later and you are trying desperately to make this a political football? You call that progress?

The last USSC decision is not progressive. In fact it is a warning shot to litigious-lifestylists that the party is about to end. They're not allowed to "bootstrap" sexual BEHAVIORS onto the word "sex (gender)" in the Civil Rights Act. Better get busy pushing Congress to write new Law for JUST one "fluid" set of lifestyles (while others remain in the legal shadows of inequality)....

Also, libs who yearn for the 1950s. That sword has two edges.

51 years later and you are trying desperately to make this a political football? You call that progress?

Regressive.

Wait, what? What conservative wants to bring back a ban on interracial marriage? Name one.

The fact it was a political football in the first place is lost on you I see....and nope, you don't get to determine what history I look back on -- especially the recent history.

Regressive.
In other words, don't talk about it because it makes me realize how wrong my political idols were (which I don't really believe you think they were wrong, you just know that argument is defeated) -- and that gives you the "sads"

Again...you don't get to tell me what moments in history I can be proud of -- what you should ask yourself is -- why these types of progresses in history makes you so sad and want to forget? Regressive?

Enough to irk you into responding, huh Trump sheep?
Hillary voter here. My politics are in my sig.

Nice try, Regressive.

Triggered another one.
Hillary voter/die hard Trump worshipper
The simplistic, binary, all-or-nothing world of hardcore partisan ideologues.

Always fascinating. Often amusing.

The fact it was a political football in the first place is lost on you I see....and nope, you don't get to determine what history I look back on -- especially the recent history.

Regressive.
In other words, don't talk about it because it makes me realize how wrong my political idols were (which I don't really believe you think they were wrong, you just know that argument is defeated) -- and that gives you the "sads"

Again...you don't get to tell me what moments in history I can be proud of -- what you should ask yourself is -- why these types of progresses in history makes you so sad and want to forget? Regressive?

Nope, even back then there were a majority of people that thought the Loving decision was correct.

You are trying to take something that ended 51 years ago and put that on a completely different set of people.

The question is, Why? What does that accomplish?

Wait, what? What conservative wants to bring back a ban on interracial marriage? Name one.

Be careful with that -- it use to be a time where advocating a business be able to discriminate on the basis of race in this day and age was dumb for a sitting politician to say -- but here we are..

It use to be a time that running as a blatant Nazi wouldn't get you any party's nomination --- but here we are

So don't up and believe that EVERYONE is ok with this ..

Racists always exist at the margins and wait for their chance to make their bias mainstream due to people just like you saying "let's forget about this"

Interracial marriage in America started back in the mid-1800s.

In fact, that's the reason for the incepton of the marriage license. Then, in 1923, the Federal Government established the Uniform Marriage and Marriage License Act (they later established the Uniform Marriage and Divorce Act). By 1929, every state in the Union had adopted marriage license laws.

And ever since then, people have been giving the government jurisdiction over their marriages, children, and property via license.

Be careful with that -- it use to be a time where advocating a business be able to discriminate on the basis of race in this day and age was dumb for a sitting politician to say -- but here we are..

It use to be a time that running as a blatant Nazi wouldn't get you any party's nomination --- but here we are

So don't up and believe that EVERYONE is ok with this ..

Racists always exist at the margins and wait for their chance to make their bias mainstream due to people just like you saying "let's forget about this"

Ok, so in your imagination there might be some flake on the margin out there someplace that wants to bring back a ban on interracial marriage whose name escapes you. But you're perfectly willing to brand "Conservatives" what that. You're a dumbass.

Nope, even back then there were a majority of people that thought the Loving decision was correct.

You are trying to take something that ended 51 years ago and put that on a completely different set of people.

The question is, Why? What does that accomplish?

Back then 56% approved of interracial marriage and that was after the supreme court decision -- even less approved before then -- and guess what the numbers were when you polled conservatives?

So why you ask? Because I like to remind conservatives that they often like to go back and rewrite history when it suits them -- which is why they hate posts like these..

Conservatives only love to go back and opine about the past when it suits them -- conservatives always opine about taking America back to a time way back when --- so I will always be here to remind you why we say "fuck that"

Forum List

Back