thoughts on Franken

You don't believe Moore himself?

I am pretty sure I dont believe the 14 year old. Sorry, if that girl was screwing a 32 year old man, then mama was letting it happen. i completely dismiss the one who came out with Gloria Allred. SHe cant be taken seriously. The others have failed to provide ANY evidence at all. Publish the facts for the hush fund. Start there.

Over 30 people have stated that he like dating high school girls... So that is where you are starting... He rang one girl up in her school... The guy is a creep and his credibility is shot...

And doing so in a small community in those days would have ended with the Man, no matter what his status, getting his ass whipped by several dozen truck driver/ farmer types and rode out on a rail.

This whole thing makes no sense to ANYONE who grew up during those days in the same kind of town.

Good God, according to the press "IT WAS COMMON KNOWLEDGE". If it were, the dude would have been beaten the hell out of and be given hours to get out of town.

Exactly. Where are the other folks who saw them holding hands and shit? Or skulking in tha mall?

If it was "common knowledge"?

Moreover if it was common knowledge then why were his political opponents the last several decades unaware of it?

Been watching this scandal Franken is in closely. He is, unfortunately, my Senator. When I moved to MN one of the first things I did was register to vote specifically to vote against his reelection. I find him to be a disgusting vile man.

So when the scandal broke i wasn't surprised. It's not like we were ignorant of what kind of man he was before he was elected.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized. I've been wrestling with whether to support calling for him to resign. That surprises me too. When he apologized I was immediately impressed with the conversation Jesus had with Peter. "How oft should I forgive? Seventy times seven."

Forgiveness is an act of healing. It became clear that the Lord wanted me to forgive him. But I wrestled with what that means. Does that mean I shouldn't call for him to resign? I mean what he did was still horrendous.

Last night I happened to randomly be reading Luke 6. Jesus was exhorting his disciples to love their enemies. A point that struck me was when He mentions that the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil.

I also thought how our nation needs healing. I think we should forgive him. I think we should let him face whatever the Senate ethics panel deems appropriate.

Now I'm sure there will be many who say he will get away with this. Yeah, perhaps. But the world knows now. He can't hide that. I plan on voting against him next time still. Heck, I may run against him if I absolutely have to.

But i think right now, we need to heal. We need to be a people who will take the better path. We need to be filled with the same love God has and that means doing what He would do in this situation. If we can be a people who can love and forgive Franken, I have hope for this nation no matter who is in office.
Good thoughts. I have been thinking from the start that this Franken thing is just a put on, the democrats sacrificing their clown to take the King or a rook. I am thinking that the democrat party doesn't like him much more so then you do.

What Franken is being accused of really doesn't seem that big of deal to me. But the left wing is making it a big deal because they want to try and take the high ground, as if they could. So the stuff comes out, Franken immediately apologizes and then the finger pointing begins. Pointing it straight at Trump and Moore asking why they can't be as open and honest as Franken.

I really think it is a game they are playing. They normally could give a crap less about such things, aka Bill Clinton. Now all of a sudden they have moral outrage? Sorry I don't buy it.

2 Peter 3:17
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness,

Al Franken was only 55 years old when he groped Leeann Freeden. Was he too young to know better?

He was too old not to know better. But she was in her twenties, and a colleague, not a helpless high school kid. Not 14. I realize that doesn't make much of a difference to Moore supporters, but it matters to normal people.

Notice you are presenting the weakest allegation here? You are hung on the one allogation that’s the most in refered to of all the charges, and has the least evidence to back it. Please tell me what it is you saw that was so compelling?

I've said repeatedly that it's possible that Roy Moore is not guilty of some or even any of his alleged aggressions. But that's not really the issue with me. The issue with me is all the excuse-making from Moore supporters who believe there is fire as well as smoke.

Who says there is fire and smoke?

The anti-Moore accusations will pick up Monday after Thanksgiving and will go none-stop until election day.

Al Franken was only 55 years old when he groped Leeann Freeden. Was he too young to know better?

He was too old not to know better. But she was in her twenties, and a colleague, not a helpless high school kid. Not 14. I realize that doesn't make much of a difference to Moore supporters, but it matters to normal people.

Notice you are presenting the weakest allegation here? You are hung on the one allogation that’s the most in refered to of all the charges, and has the least evidence to back it. Please tell me what it is you saw that was so compelling?

I've said repeatedly that it's possible that Roy Moore is not guilty of some or even any of his alleged aggressions. But that's not really the issue with me. The issue with me is all the excuse-making from Moore supporters who believe there is fire as well as smoke.

Who says there is fire and smoke?

Plenty of folks. Some here, some on TV. Some of the excuses I've heard are, frankly, both disgusting and outrageous.

View image on Twitter
DO9PWqTUEAA8zgL.jpg:small

Pesach 'Pace' Lattin @pacelattin

Leanne Tweeden walked behind the guitar player and grabbed his buttocks while he was playing.

Turns out someone was very feely the entire USO tour and it wasn't Al Franken.

This is a setup.#AlFranken

8:00 PM - Nov 18, 2017 · Enterprise, NV

Do you find it disgusting for a man to grope a sleeping woman? Maybe he's a candidate for Oxytocin.

Yes. I think most rational people would find that disgusting. Though from the picture I saw it looked to me like he was doing an air-grope. Not that it makes it much better. Tasteless joke that came back to bite him pretty hard, and somewhat deservedly. But that's forgivable to me. In my worst moments I've done similar things. We're only human.

I would never dream of going after teenagers as a 32-year old attorney, though.
She also said that he was practicing an act and wanted her to practice kissing. But he had deep throated her instead. Putting his tongue all the way to her tonsil. He is a straight weirdo.

Okay. Sure, he's a weirdo. I never really liked the guy. Always too smug and biased for my tastes. And his actions were highly inappropriate. But it's not like Leeann Tweeden suffered lasting harm from that. Enough to bring it up years later, but she said herself it was mostly just gross and disrespectful.

Let's not blow the Frankenstein thing out of proportion, or minimize what Moore did, assuming the allegations are true.

Heavens no, please don't accuse Franken of sexual harassment. Deep down he's a comedian much like Louis C.K.

He's a comedian?

Been watching this scandal Franken is in closely. He is, unfortunately, my Senator. When I moved to MN one of the first things I did was register to vote specifically to vote against his reelection. I find him to be a disgusting vile man.

So when the scandal broke i wasn't surprised. It's not like we were ignorant of what kind of man he was before he was elected.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized. I've been wrestling with whether to support calling for him to resign. That surprises me too. When he apologized I was immediately impressed with the conversation Jesus had with Peter. "How oft should I forgive? Seventy times seven."

Forgiveness is an act of healing. It became clear that the Lord wanted me to forgive him. But I wrestled with what that means. Does that mean I shouldn't call for him to resign? I mean what he did was still horrendous.

Last night I happened to randomly be reading Luke 6. Jesus was exhorting his disciples to love their enemies. A point that struck me was when He mentions that the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil.

I also thought how our nation needs healing. I think we should forgive him. I think we should let him face whatever the Senate ethics panel deems appropriate.

Now I'm sure there will be many who say he will get away with this. Yeah, perhaps. But the world knows now. He can't hide that. I plan on voting against him next time still. Heck, I may run against him if I absolutely have to.

But i think right now, we need to heal. We need to be a people who will take the better path. We need to be filled with the same love God has and that means doing what He would do in this situation. If we can be a people who can love and forgive Franken, I have hope for this nation no matter who is in office.

Did you forgive Trump yet or do you still want him to resign?

Anyone who is saying Moore or Franken should leave politics should be saying the same thing about Trump.

Do you find it disgusting for a man to grope a sleeping woman? Maybe he's a candidate for Oxytocin.

Yes. I think most rational people would find that disgusting. Though from the picture I saw it looked to me like he was doing an air-grope. Not that it makes it much better. Tasteless joke that came back to bite him pretty hard, and somewhat deservedly. But that's forgivable to me. In my worst moments I've done similar things. We're only human.

I would never dream of going after teenagers as a 32-year old attorney, though.
She also said that he was practicing an act and wanted her to practice kissing. But he had deep throated her instead. Putting his tongue all the way to her tonsil. He is a straight weirdo.

Okay. Sure, he's a weirdo. I never really liked the guy. Always too smug and biased for my tastes. And his actions were highly inappropriate. But it's not like Leeann Tweeden suffered lasting harm from that. Enough to bring it up years later, but she said herself it was mostly just gross and disrespectful.

Let's not blow the Frankenstein thing out of proportion, or minimize what Moore did, assuming the allegations are true.

Heavens no, please don't accuse Franken of sexual harassment. Deep down he's a comedian much like Louis C.K.

He's a comedian?

So he says.

Couldn't agree more, too many of us go overboard. She is good with his apology, we all make very poor decisions at one time or another. Not real sure why she felt the need to go public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why she went public, I saw her being interviewed the other day and said she forgave him and did not want him to resign. So this makes me wonder if all these women coming forward years later is for 15 minutes of fame, money, book writing, politics? Just what is motivating all them? If it happened in the past year I can understand but not with 5, 10, 20 or even 40 years later.

Meh, beside the religious angle let' look at what he did. A big nothing.

Franken fell on the sword too hard and shouldn' apologized and kept it moving. Looking for a fair investigation from Republicans is like jumping in the lion cage and hoping the tiger is friendly.

Really? Groping a sleeping woman when you know she isn't into you is a big nothing?

And what is there to investigate? She told her side. Showed the picture of him groping her. He admits it and has apologized. It's open and shut

Yeah taking a funny picture is groping. In fact he was looking right at the camera as a show that it was attempted rape! Not.

Yes it is open and shut he took a silly picture and she got more kiss than she expected. Big whoop.

So grabbing a woman's chest is alright if you do it as a joke?

Btw aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

He did not grab her chest.

You can’t stop lying, Christian.

Picture says otherwise.

But I guess since he is a Democrat sure going to pretend otherwise.

Typical

The pictures I saw his hands were not touching, almost but not.

Really? Groping a sleeping woman when you know she isn't into you is a big nothing?

And what is there to investigate? She told her side. Showed the picture of him groping her. He admits it and has apologized. It's open and shut

Yeah taking a funny picture is groping. In fact he was looking right at the camera as a show that it was attempted rape! Not.

Yes it is open and shut he took a silly picture and she got more kiss than she expected. Big whoop.

Picture says otherwise.

Typical

Maybe after the fact he grabbed more than her tits. I mean he was only 55 years old.

you need to forgive him for what exactly??

Picture says otherwise.

Typical

Maybe after the fact he grabbed more than her tits. I mean he was only 55 years old.

This was just on tv, I guess sometime he forced kiss her and jammed his tongue down her throat.

don't believe everything you read on the internets... it was the rehearsal of a skit. :itsok:

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized.

My personal opinion he apologized so quickly because there was photographic evidence and he couldn't really deny it. That said, this decision is up to the people of Minnesota.
Gov of Minn is a Dem so he could appoint another dem if Franken steps down

Which means we are screwed either way
At least dems use ointment

The accusations are credible.

I disagree.

There are only two accusers really

1)The 14 year old

2) The Allred represented girl

Allreds client lied about not see him again. Also the refusal to let the yearbook signature be analyzed by a third party hurts credibility. And let's not forget that its completely weird to ask a 30 year old guy to sign your yearbook to begin with.

Which leaves the 14 yo. The womans story doesn't ring true. She meets Moore while waiting with her mom. Whereby her mom leaves her alone with Moore, a complete stranger, to go into a old custody hearing. Seriously?? He gets her phone number. Since when did 14 year old girls in 1970s rural Alabama have their own phone? And if a family phone, how do they talk without the parents knowing? How does he take her out without parental knowledge or permission? And why when he apparently asks parents permission with other girls?

Not to mention she admits she has credibility issues.

So yeah plenty of reasonable doubt.

Also, pedophiles generally don't ever stop molesting children, why did Moore suddenly stop if he is one?

Forum List

Back