thoughts on Franken

Those are a difference of kind, not degree. Both are bad. Moore is far worse.

Pardon me, but I was taught rape is rape. Is there a menu?
Who raped who? Who did Moore or Franken rape? Make sure you are in the right thread, please.

Just following your posts. If you need to back peddle, so be it.
Thank you, Lilah, for admitting you got confused.

You are just goofy, are you not? :)

Please read your statements and then look up the word, 'goofy.'
No need to, Miss minorkoshergrl

Your blanket statement, "We're only human," says it all. That is, some of us choose not to solicit laughs at the expense of others, particularly when they are sleeping.

So? Are you telling me you've never done anything wrong before? Something disrespectful, disgusting, or negligent that you now regret? I find that hard to believe.

Yet, some things are forgivable, and understandable, and others are not.

Usually, people who have committed egregious acts find it difficult to believe others have not.

So you're telling me you're a saint? Never did anything wrong in your life?

Wow. Not even trying to sound like an honest party.

What exactly are you trolling for?
John Shaw, she is just deranged is all. Think a minor koshergrl.

Uh oh, you're not being a misogynist are you?

Pardon me, but I was taught rape is rape. Is there a menu?
Who raped who? Who did Moore or Franken rape? Make sure you are in the right thread, please.

Just following your posts. If you need to back peddle, so be it.
Thank you, Lilah, for admitting you got confused.

You are just goofy, are you not? :)

Please read your statements and then look up the word, 'goofy.'
No need to, Miss minorkoshergrl

Why do you have such a low opinion of women? I bet I can guess.

Been watching this scandal Franken is in closely. He is, unfortunately, my Senator. When I moved to MN one of the first things I did was register to vote specifically to vote against his reelection. I find him to be a disgusting vile man.

So when the scandal broke i wasn't surprised. It's not like we were ignorant of what kind of man he was before he was elected.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized. I've been wrestling with whether to support calling for him to resign. That surprises me too. When he apologized I was immediately impressed with the conversation Jesus had with Peter. "How oft should I forgive? Seventy times seven."

Forgiveness is an act of healing. It became clear that the Lord wanted me to forgive him. But I wrestled with what that means. Does that mean I shouldn't call for him to resign? I mean what he did was still horrendous.

Last night I happened to randomly be reading Luke 6. Jesus was exhorting his disciples to love their enemies. A point that struck me was when He mentions that the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil.

I also thought how our nation needs healing. I think we should forgive him. I think we should let him face whatever the Senate ethics panel deems appropriate.

Now I'm sure there will be many who say he will get away with this. Yeah, perhaps. But the world knows now. He can't hide that. I plan on voting against him next time still. Heck, I may run against him if I absolutely have to.

But i think right now, we need to heal. We need to be a people who will take the better path. We need to be filled with the same love God has and that means doing what He would do in this situation. If we can be a people who can love and forgive Franken, I have hope for this nation no matter who is in office.

Couldn't agree more, too many of us go overboard. She is good with his apology, we all make very poor decisions at one time or another. Not real sure why she felt the need to go public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She also said that he was practicing an act and wanted her to practice kissing. But he had deep throated her instead. Putting his tongue all the way to her tonsil. He is a straight weirdo.

Okay. Sure, he's a weirdo. I never really liked the guy. Always too smug and biased for my tastes. And his actions were highly inappropriate. But it's not like Leeann Tweeden suffered lasting harm from that. Enough to bring it up years later, but she said herself it was mostly just gross and disrespectful.

Let's not blow the Frankenstein thing out of proportion, or minimize what Moore did, assuming the allegations are true.

I see. In other terms, let's minimize what Frankenstein did, and let's maximize what Moore did. Makes perfect sense.

One is far worse than the other. So ...

Two people are accused of a violent crime.

Person 1: Beat up a guy at a bar.

Person 2: Beat up a guy at the bar, then bludgeoned him to death with a tire iron.

Are you really saying that person 1 and person 2 are equivalent in their actions?

The law does. Guy 1 and 2 would would be charges the same, with guy number 2 having a murder charge as well.

So guy no. 2 did something much worse. Clearly.

Mm. Not really, he did all the same stuff, and one more thing. That’s how the law is. Not how we feel, or what our opinion is.dude #2 can’t be given a more sevier charge just because he is more mean. He just gets a murder beef added on with its own set of sanctions added to those recommended by the other laws that we’re broken. The law is blind and without emotion. Or it’s supposed to be.

Okay. Sure, he's a weirdo. I never really liked the guy. Always too smug and biased for my tastes. And his actions were highly inappropriate. But it's not like Leeann Tweeden suffered lasting harm from that. Enough to bring it up years later, but she said herself it was mostly just gross and disrespectful.

Let's not blow the Frankenstein thing out of proportion, or minimize what Moore did, assuming the allegations are true.

I see. In other terms, let's minimize what Frankenstein did, and let's maximize what Moore did. Makes perfect sense.

One is far worse than the other. So ...

Two people are accused of a violent crime.

Person 1: Beat up a guy at a bar.

Person 2: Beat up a guy at the bar, then bludgeoned him to death with a tire iron.

Are you really saying that person 1 and person 2 are equivalent in their actions?

The law does. Guy 1 and 2 would would be charges the same, with guy number 2 having a murder charge as well.

So guy no. 2 did something much worse. Clearly.

Mm. Not really, he did all the same stuff, and one more thing. That’s how the law is. Not how we feel, or what our opinion is.dude #2 can’t be given a more sevier charge just because he is more mean. He just gets a murder beef added on with its own set of sanctions added to those recommended by the other laws that we’re broken. The law is blind and without emotion. Or it’s supposed to be.

My point is, grabbing a sleeping woman's boobs or inappropriately kissing her is equivalent to person 1's crime.

Molesting a teen girl is equivalent to person 2's crime/s.

Both are sexual assault, but one was much more severe due to the context.

A woman, who when she is corrected appropriately, who then asks a man if he is a misogynist, is a toxic female who is begging for the word 'pisogynist' to be created. That's you, Lilah. Don't be that toxic woman.

A woman, who when she is corrected appropriately, who then asks a man if he is a misogynist, is a toxic female who is begging for the word 'pisogynist' to be created. That's you, Lilah. Don't be that toxic woman.

Don't be that (man?) who blame shifts and tries to minimize women. It's very unattractive.

Don't be that (man?) who blame shifts and tries to minimize women. It's very unattractive.
Only you suggest that, and as such minimize yourself.

I want to reiterate a point about Moore that sort of got lost.... I think he should NOT be elected to the senate. He is a nasty piece of work. In the court of law he he is innocent, in the court of public opinion, bring out the guillotine.

I am amazed at the starkey crowd crowd who are justifying and trivializing what Franken did. She was a playboy bunny, she has these really super hot pictures out there (wow do you see that!?) and so on.

You don't french a woman who does not want to be french kissed by you. Period. She may enthusiastically french 1001 guys, but if she doesn't want you, she doesn't want you. And you do not molest her while she is sleeping. You just don't.

Franken does this a lot. He has a picture of him molesting a unhappy Joy Behar, who apparently decided to take on for liberals everywhere,and screw women's rights. He is a creep who does this. Liberal women need to realize that when they excuse this, they make this kind of thing regular, they need to be women first, liberals way down. Or all Franken kind of behavior is their fate

Pretending that a funny picture is a crime is some bullshit and you need to stop the drama queenery.

Really? So I bet you got a wall of poloroids of you playing with sleeping woman’s tits?

This isn't working for you. You're when pretending that the pic is something horrible. When you address the more than 12 women who accused Trump. Until than save your phoney outrage.

If you are unable to accept positive criticism from a young woman you continue to try to abase, the spotlight is on you.

Al Franken was only 55 years old when he groped Leeann Freeden. Was he too young to know better?

He was too old not to know better. But she was in her twenties, and a colleague, not a helpless high school kid. Not 14. I realize that doesn't make much of a difference to Moore supporters, but it matters to normal people.

Notice you are presenting the weakest allegation here? You are hung on the one allogation that’s the most in refered to of all the charges, and has the least evidence to back it. Please tell me what it is you saw that was so compelling?

I've said repeatedly that it's possible that Roy Moore is not guilty of some or even any of his alleged aggressions. But that's not really the issue with me. The issue with me is all the excuse-making from Moore supporters who believe there is fire as well as smoke.

The photo sure doesn’t hurt.

Google it

kids? We're talking about Moore now?

Really? Pleas provide this compelling evidence, say like a picture?

You don't believe Moore himself?

I am pretty sure I dont believe the 14 year old. Sorry, if that girl was screwing a 32 year old man, then mama was letting it happen. i completely dismiss the one who came out with Gloria Allred. SHe cant be taken seriously. The others have failed to provide ANY evidence at all. Publish the facts for the hush fund. Start there.

Over 30 people have stated that he like dating high school girls... So that is where you are starting... He rang one girl up in her school... The guy is a creep and his credibility is shot...

And doing so in a small community in those days would have ended with the Man, no matter what his status, getting his ass whipped by several dozen truck driver/ farmer types and rode out on a rail.

This whole thing makes no sense to ANYONE who grew up during those days in the same kind of town.

Oh hoy hoy, molesters don't live in small towns says this fucking genius.

Really? Pleas provide this compelling evidence, say like a picture?

You don't believe Moore himself?

I am pretty sure I dont believe the 14 year old. Sorry, if that girl was screwing a 32 year old man, then mama was letting it happen. i completely dismiss the one who came out with Gloria Allred. SHe cant be taken seriously. The others have failed to provide ANY evidence at all. Publish the facts for the hush fund. Start there.

Over 30 people have stated that he like dating high school girls... So that is where you are starting... He rang one girl up in her school... The guy is a creep and his credibility is shot...

And doing so in a small community in those days would have ended with the Man, no matter what his status, getting his ass whipped by several dozen truck driver/ farmer types and rode out on a rail.

This whole thing makes no sense to ANYONE who grew up during those days in the same kind of town.

Oh hoy hoy, molesters don't live in small towns says this fucking genius.

If it was “common knowledge” as the WP reported, then, no they don’t.

Should I type slower for you? You are kind of an idiot after all.

Meh, beside the religious angle let' look at what he did. A big nothing.

Franken fell on the sword too hard and shouldn' apologized and kept it moving. Looking for a fair investigation from Republicans is like jumping in the lion cage and hoping the tiger is friendly.

Really? Groping a sleeping woman when you know she isn't into you is a big nothing?

And what is there to investigate? She told her side. Showed the picture of him groping her. He admits it and has apologized. It's open and shut
What picture are you looking at? I must have missed it? I haven't read this whole thread yet or seen other pictures other than the one the news has been showing and the picture I saw, he did not grope her, he PRETENDED to grope her, for a photo op and made his goofy face.... it was disrespectful.... Him kissing her the way she ddescriped was more painful and hurtful to her....

Franken fell on the sword too hard and shouldn' apologized and kept it moving. Looking for a fair investigation from Republicans is like jumping in the lion cage and hoping the tiger is friendly.

Really? Groping a sleeping woman when you know she isn't into you is a big nothing?

And what is there to investigate? She told her side. Showed the picture of him groping her. He admits it and has apologized. It's open and shut
What picture are you looking at? I must have missed it? I haven't read this whole thread yet or seen other pictures other than the one the news has been showing and the picture I saw, he did not grope her, he PRETENDED to grope her, for a photo op and made his goofy face.... it was disrespectful.... Him kissing her the way she ddescriped was more painful and hurtful to her....

He not only staged the photo BUT DISTRIBUTED IT!

How many times you supposed he got off knowing how many people were laughing at it.

Anyone defending his actions are sick and have a deep hatred of women.

He not only staged the photo BUT DISTRIBUTED IT!

How many times you supposed he got off knowing how many people were laughing at it.

Anyone defending his actions are sick and have a deep hatred of women.

But he did not grope her, he pretended to grope her.....

do you agree or not?

If you are unable to accept positive criticism from a young woman you continue to try to abase, the spotlight is on you.
There is no such positive criticism, just spiteful remarks from a spiteful person who was properly corrected.

Been watching this scandal Franken is in closely. He is, unfortunately, my Senator. When I moved to MN one of the first things I did was register to vote specifically to vote against his reelection. I find him to be a disgusting vile man.

So when the scandal broke i wasn't surprised. It's not like we were ignorant of what kind of man he was before he was elected.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized. I've been wrestling with whether to support calling for him to resign. That surprises me too. When he apologized I was immediately impressed with the conversation Jesus had with Peter. "How oft should I forgive? Seventy times seven."

Forgiveness is an act of healing. It became clear that the Lord wanted me to forgive him. But I wrestled with what that means. Does that mean I shouldn't call for him to resign? I mean what he did was still horrendous.

Last night I happened to randomly be reading Luke 6. Jesus was exhorting his disciples to love their enemies. A point that struck me was when He mentions that the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil.

I also thought how our nation needs healing. I think we should forgive him. I think we should let him face whatever the Senate ethics panel deems appropriate.

Now I'm sure there will be many who say he will get away with this. Yeah, perhaps. But the world knows now. He can't hide that. I plan on voting against him next time still. Heck, I may run against him if I absolutely have to.

But i think right now, we need to heal. We need to be a people who will take the better path. We need to be filled with the same love God has and that means doing what He would do in this situation. If we can be a people who can love and forgive Franken, I have hope for this nation no matter who is in office.

Please know that Franken is many times the man that you are. You’ve no call to stand in judgment of him.

His scandal is tame compared to the scandals of the men you have enthusiastically voted for. Your call for healing and forgiveness here is cover for your support of actual pedophiles and creeps.

Carry on.
Can you name a single politician I've voted for with bigger scandals?

I don't make it a habit of voting for Democrats

Forum List

Back