thoughts on Franken

Meh, beside the religious angle let' look at what he did. A big nothing.

Franken fell on the sword too hard and shouldn' apologized and kept it moving. Looking for a fair investigation from Republicans is like jumping in the lion cage and hoping the tiger is friendly.

Really? Groping a sleeping woman when you know she isn't into you is a big nothing?

And what is there to investigate? She told her side. Showed the picture of him groping her. He admits it and has apologized. It's open and shut

Yeah taking a funny picture is groping. In fact he was looking right at the camera as a show that it was attempted rape! Not.

Yes it is open and shut he took a silly picture and she got more kiss than she expected. Big whoop.

So grabbing a woman's chest is alright if you do it as a joke?

Btw aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

He did not grab her chest.

You can’t stop lying, Christian.

Picture says otherwise.

But I guess since he is a Democrat sure going to pretend otherwise.

Typical

Been watching this scandal Franken is in closely. He is, unfortunately, my Senator. When I moved to MN one of the first things I did was register to vote specifically to vote against his reelection. I find him to be a disgusting vile man.

So when the scandal broke i wasn't surprised. It's not like we were ignorant of what kind of man he was before he was elected.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized. I've been wrestling with whether to support calling for him to resign. That surprises me too. When he apologized I was immediately impressed with the conversation Jesus had with Peter. "How oft should I forgive? Seventy times seven."

Forgiveness is an act of healing. It became clear that the Lord wanted me to forgive him. But I wrestled with what that means. Does that mean I shouldn't call for him to resign? I mean what he did was still horrendous.

Last night I happened to randomly be reading Luke 6. Jesus was exhorting his disciples to love their enemies. A point that struck me was when He mentions that the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil.

I also thought how our nation needs healing. I think we should forgive him. I think we should let him face whatever the Senate ethics panel deems appropriate.

Now I'm sure there will be many who say he will get away with this. Yeah, perhaps. But the world knows now. He can't hide that. I plan on voting against him next time still. Heck, I may run against him if I absolutely have to.

But i think right now, we need to heal. We need to be a people who will take the better path. We need to be filled with the same love God has and that means doing what He would do in this situation. If we can be a people who can love and forgive Franken, I have hope for this nation no matter who is in office.
What kind of man he was? What kind was that?

A crude crass disgusting man....

Franken fell on the sword too hard and shouldn' apologized and kept it moving. Looking for a fair investigation from Republicans is like jumping in the lion cage and hoping the tiger is friendly.

Really? Groping a sleeping woman when you know she isn't into you is a big nothing?

And what is there to investigate? She told her side. Showed the picture of him groping her. He admits it and has apologized. It's open and shut
What picture are you looking at? I must have missed it? I haven't read this whole thread yet or seen other pictures other than the one the news has been showing and the picture I saw, he did not grope her, he PRETENDED to grope her, for a photo op and made his goofy face.... it was disrespectful.... Him kissing her the way she ddescriped was more painful and hurtful to her....

He not only staged the photo BUT DISTRIBUTED IT!

How many times you supposed he got off knowing how many people were laughing at it.

Anyone defending his actions are sick and have a deep hatred of women.

While you defend child molestation

Been watching this scandal Franken is in closely. He is, unfortunately, my Senator. When I moved to MN one of the first things I did was register to vote specifically to vote against his reelection. I find him to be a disgusting vile man.

So when the scandal broke i wasn't surprised. It's not like we were ignorant of what kind of man he was before he was elected.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized. I've been wrestling with whether to support calling for him to resign. That surprises me too. When he apologized I was immediately impressed with the conversation Jesus had with Peter. "How oft should I forgive? Seventy times seven."

Forgiveness is an act of healing. It became clear that the Lord wanted me to forgive him. But I wrestled with what that means. Does that mean I shouldn't call for him to resign? I mean what he did was still horrendous.

Last night I happened to randomly be reading Luke 6. Jesus was exhorting his disciples to love their enemies. A point that struck me was when He mentions that the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil.

I also thought how our nation needs healing. I think we should forgive him. I think we should let him face whatever the Senate ethics panel deems appropriate.

Now I'm sure there will be many who say he will get away with this. Yeah, perhaps. But the world knows now. He can't hide that. I plan on voting against him next time still. Heck, I may run against him if I absolutely have to.

But i think right now, we need to heal. We need to be a people who will take the better path. We need to be filled with the same love God has and that means doing what He would do in this situation. If we can be a people who can love and forgive Franken, I have hope for this nation no matter who is in office.

Being a sexual abuser/harasser should be an automatic disqualification. Throw the bum out. You can forgive, but it doesn’t mean you can’t call for him to resign.

If the people of Minnesota want him out of the Senate vote him out if the people of Alabama don’t want Moore in Congress don’t vote for him it’s up to them decide how the rest of us feel about Franken and Moore is irrelevant.

Which is one of my points.

I want to defeat Franken at the ballot box. Are unfortunate as it is Franken was elected knowing what type of man he is.

The victim accepted the apology. Let him face his ethics committee and the ballot box.

Serial abusers will apologize that doesn't mean they won't do it again.

Well, if he does it again, we will have some evidence of serial abuse

And just who are you to pass judgment? Forgiveness is given by the ones he harmed not you.

Religious mumbo jumbo

One of the people he unfortunately represents.

And anyone can pass judgment really. As is evidence by this thread. I'm not of the opinion that we are not allowed to use our brains and determine what we think about things

A woman, who when she is corrected appropriately, who then asks a man if he is a misogynist, is a toxic female who is begging for the word 'pisogynist' to be created. That's you, Lilah. Don't be that toxic woman.

Don't be that (man?) who blame shifts and tries to minimize women. It's very unattractive.
Only you suggest that, and as such minimize yourself.

If you are unable to accept positive criticism from a young woman you continue to try to abase, the spotlight is on you.
There is no such positive criticism, just spiteful remarks from a spiteful person who was properly corrected.

Wallow in your hypocrisy. I'm sure it's the best you've got.

What did surprise me was how fast he apologized.

There's a photo of him groping a sleeping woman. You think denying was an option for him?

What makes you think his apology is anything but damage control?

Franken has been among the leaders of ripping Republicans for similar things, including just month, he pounded a judicial nominee for an old tweet, including rejecting the man's apology that it was a poor attempt at humor.

Jesus doesn't love Franken and neither do Jesus' followers. The Bible teaches God hates evil doers, which anyone should realize even if they don't know the verses that teach that. It's sad of you to play the "love your enemies" card without any regard for what Jesus was talking about.

Jesus said the Father loves even the ungrateful and evil doer. Was Jesus lying?

I know I'd rather have Franken out of office. But when the Spirit says forgive, I'm going to listen. Even if others don't

He should resign if for no other reason than to once again show Americans the difference between liberals and conservatives.

Hillary disagrees

Hillary Clinton defended Al Franken after the Senator was accused of sexual assault—but attacked Moore and Trump

Hillary said that because Franken admitted to it, and said he was sorry, all is well with the world and he should stay

Apparently all one has to do is admit to it and say you are sorry, then it's OK. Who knew?

Presumably, she must have then disagreed with the Senate not agreeing with the House to impeach her husband for having a sexual encounter with a young woman intern who Bill Clinton was a superior to, not to mention all the other women who have accused Bill of sexual assaults.

These people are insane.

Wonder why Bill never did that then

"comedy on it's best day is not a great enviroment for women...we're used to being in charge" - Jon Stewart

What picture are you looking at? I must have missed it? I haven't read this whole thread yet or seen other pictures other than the one the news has been showing and the picture I saw, he did not grope her, he PRETENDED to grope her, for a photo op and made his goofy face.... it was disrespectful.... Him kissing her the way she ddescriped was more painful and hurtful to her....

He not only staged the photo BUT DISTRIBUTED IT!

How many times you supposed he got off knowing how many people were laughing at it.

Anyone defending his actions are sick and have a deep hatred of women.

While you defend child molestation

Who’s defending child molestation. I defend a citizens right to be innocent until proven guilty.

Yet you have yet to answer a very basic question I asked before.

Would you want your adult daughter in that photo with Franken?

And the 16 women Trump sexually assaulted?

Are currently disputed and mysteriously vanished after he was elected.

Go figure.

And the 16 women Trump sexually assaulted?

If you're going to lie Comrade, why not make it 10,000?

It's not like you could have less credibility, after all.
Yeah 9 vs moore 12 vs trump are all lying about the scum? Republicans once more prove they are party first country last

Only 9 against Moore now? Funny how that number keeps changing.

Really? Pleas provide this compelling evidence, say like a picture?

You don't believe Moore himself?

I am pretty sure I dont believe the 14 year old. Sorry, if that girl was screwing a 32 year old man, then mama was letting it happen. i completely dismiss the one who came out with Gloria Allred. SHe cant be taken seriously. The others have failed to provide ANY evidence at all. Publish the facts for the hush fund. Start there.

Over 30 people have stated that he like dating high school girls... So that is where you are starting... He rang one girl up in her school... The guy is a creep and his credibility is shot...

100 high school girls said you did the same thing. See what i did there ? where is this compelling evidence WHAT is the compelling evidence? na, this is republicans saying "see, we will eat our own to". I need to see this evidence, not just hear a news announcer from team red or blue say its compelling. Pleas show me the credible evidence.

How many witnesses do you want? That is evidence... He liked his girls young... There is now multiple accusations and good few are Trump Supporters... You are just trying any way to not believe it...

One credible witness would help.

My personal opinion he apologized so quickly because there was photographic evidence and he couldn't really deny it. That said, this decision is up to the people of Minnesota.

Quite likely though I'm surprised they didn't try to argue Photoshop. He isn't exactly a paragon of honesty. And let's face it The leftists here are circling the wagons even with his admission, they wouldn't care if it was true.

My personal opinion he apologized so quickly because there was photographic evidence and he couldn't really deny it. That said, this decision is up to the people of Minnesota.
Gov of Minn is a Dem so he could appoint another dem if Franken steps down

Which means we are screwed either way

You don't believe Moore himself?

I am pretty sure I dont believe the 14 year old. Sorry, if that girl was screwing a 32 year old man, then mama was letting it happen. i completely dismiss the one who came out with Gloria Allred. SHe cant be taken seriously. The others have failed to provide ANY evidence at all. Publish the facts for the hush fund. Start there.

Over 30 people have stated that he like dating high school girls... So that is where you are starting... He rang one girl up in her school... The guy is a creep and his credibility is shot...

100 high school girls said you did the same thing. See what i did there ? where is this compelling evidence WHAT is the compelling evidence? na, this is republicans saying "see, we will eat our own to". I need to see this evidence, not just hear a news announcer from team red or blue say its compelling. Pleas show me the credible evidence.

How many witnesses do you want? That is evidence... He liked his girls young... There is now multiple accusations and good few are Trump Supporters... You are just trying any way to not believe it...

One credible witness would help.

Or a picture. And all the Moore accusers have yet to make any statement past the 10th of this month that I can find. The timing of the accusations is suspect as well. Then the most solid accusor (the one who appeared with Gloria Allred has her self fallen off the map. I mean, her a accusation is pretty serious. Where she and Gloria A at?

Forum List

Back