thoughts on Franken

Al Franken was only 55 years old when he groped Leeann Freeden. Was he too young to know better?

He was too old not to know better. But she was in her twenties, and a colleague, not a helpless high school kid. Not 14. I realize that doesn't make much of a difference to Moore supporters, but it matters to normal people.

Do you find it disgusting for a man to grope a sleeping woman? Maybe he's a candidate for Oxytocin.

Yes. I think most rational people would find that disgusting. Though from the picture I saw it looked to me like he was doing an air-grope. Not that it makes it much better. Tasteless joke that came back to bite him pretty hard, and somewhat deservedly. But that's forgivable to me. In my worst moments I've done similar things. We're only human.

I would never dream of going after teenagers as a 32-year old attorney, though.

Your blanket statement, "We're only human," says it all. That is, some of us choose not to solicit laughs at the expense of others, particularly when they are sleeping.

So? Are you telling me you've never done anything wrong before? Something disrespectful, disgusting, or negligent that you now regret? I find that hard to believe.

Yet, some things are forgivable, and understandable, and others are not.

Al Franken was only 55 years old when he groped Leeann Freeden. Was he too young to know better?

He was too old not to know better. But she was in her twenties, and a colleague, not a helpless high school kid. Not 14. I realize that doesn't make much of a difference to Moore supporters, but it matters to normal people.

Do you find it disgusting for a man to grope a sleeping woman? Maybe he's a candidate for Oxytocin.

Yes. I think most rational people would find that disgusting. Though from the picture I saw it looked to me like he was doing an air-grope. Not that it makes it much better. Tasteless joke that came back to bite him pretty hard, and somewhat deservedly. But that's forgivable to me. In my worst moments I've done similar things. We're only human.

She also said that he was practicing an act and wanted her to practice kissing. But he had deep throated her instead. Putting his tongue all the way to her tonsil. He is a straight weirdo.

Okay. Sure, he's a weirdo. I never really liked the guy. Always too smug and biased for my tastes. And his actions were highly inappropriate. But it's not like Leeann Tweeden suffered lasting harm from that. Enough to bring it up years later, but she said herself it was mostly just gross and disrespectful.

Let's not blow the Frankenstein thing out of proportion, or minimize what Moore did, assuming the allegations are true.

I see. In other terms, let's minimize what Frankenstein did, and let's maximize what Moore did. Makes perfect sense.

She also said that he was practicing an act and wanted her to practice kissing. But he had deep throated her instead. Putting his tongue all the way to her tonsil. He is a straight weirdo.

Okay. Sure, he's a weirdo. I never really liked the guy. Always too smug and biased for my tastes. And his actions were highly inappropriate. But it's not like Leeann Tweeden suffered lasting harm from that. Enough to bring it up years later, but she said herself it was mostly just gross and disrespectful.

Let's not blow the Frankenstein thing out of proportion, or minimize what Moore did, assuming the allegations are true.

Heavens no, please don't accuse Franken of sexual harassment. Deep down he's a comedian much like Louis C.K.

I see. In other terms, let's minimize what Frankenstein did, and let's maximize what Moore did. Makes perfect sense.
Uh, no . . . let's keep them in perspective.

One is far worse than the other. So ...

Two people are accused of a violent crime.

Person 1: Beat up a guy at a bar.

Person 2: Beat up a guy at the bar, then bludgeoned him to death with a tire iron.

Are you really saying that person 1 and person 2 are equivalent in their actions?

A grown man groping a grown woman (a la the President) is bad.

A grown man forcing himself on girls is far worse.

So, there are degrees of rape?
Those are a difference of kind, not degree. Both are bad. Moore is far worse.

Pardon me, but I was taught rape is rape. Is there a menu?
Who raped who? Who did Moore or Franken rape? Make sure you are in the right thread, please.

Just following your posts. If you need to back peddle, so be it.

Hm, many woman don’t suffer to much from rape. Some even recover 100%. So then is forcable rape cool as long as their is no lasting damage?

Heavens no, please don't accuse Franken of sexual harassment. Deep down he's a comedian much like Louis C.K.

I don't recall saying that Frankenstein wasn't guilty of sexual harassment.

Do you always put words in peoples' mouths like this? It's a very intellectually dishonest way to have a discussion.

Your blanket statement, "We're only human," says it all. That is, some of us choose not to solicit laughs at the expense of others, particularly when they are sleeping.

So? Are you telling me you've never done anything wrong before? Something disrespectful, disgusting, or negligent that you now regret? I find that hard to believe.

Usually, people who have committed egregious acts find it difficult to believe others have not.

Person 2: Beat up a guy at the bar, then bludgeoned him to death with a tire iron.

Are you really saying that person 1 and person 2 are equivalent in their actions?

The law does. Guy 1 and 2 would would be charges the same, with guy number 2 having a murder charge as well.

Hm, many woman don’t suffer to much from rape. Some even recover 100%. So then is forcable rape cool as long as their is no lasting damage?

Rape and sexual harassment are leagues apart.

Boy, you guys are something else in these equivocations. Really remarkable how far you'll go to make what Moore (possibly) did out to be okay.

Uh, no . . . let's keep them in perspective.

No I get it. Moore was chasing young women when he was in his 30s. Frankenstein sexually assaulted a woman, which isn't as bad, right?

I don't recall saying that Frankenstein wasn't guilty of sexual harassment.

Do you always put words in peoples' mouths like this? It's a very intellectually dishonest way to have a discussion.

I would never ever enter your mouth. You are responsible for what comes out, not I.

Usually, people who have committed egregious acts find it difficult to believe others have not.

So you're telling me you're a saint? Never did anything wrong in your life?

Wow. Not even trying to sound like an honest party.

The law does. Guy 1 and 2 would would be charges the same, with guy number 2 having a murder charge as well.

So guy no. 2 did something much worse. Clearly.

What exactly are you trolling for?

A grown man groping a grown woman (a la the President) is bad.

A grown man forcing himself on girls is far worse.

Who raped who? Who did Moore or Franken rape? Make sure you are in the right thread, please.

Thank you, Lilah, for admitting you got confused.

You are just goofy, are you not? :)

What exactly are you trolling for?
John Shaw, she is just deranged is all. Think a minor koshergrl.

Thank you, Lilah, for admitting you got confused.

You are just goofy, are you not? :)

Please read your statements and then look up the word, 'goofy.'

Forum List

Back