thoughts on Franken

Because he's a Democrat he's viewed as weak and irresponsible, and even a victim. Therefore he's a neat guy.

If he were Republican then he'd be viewed as what should be a responsible person. Especially being white. Therefore he would be viewed as a predator and hypocrite.

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW LIBERALS THINK.

Over 30 people have stated that he like dating high school girls... So that is where you are starting... He rang one girl up in her school... The guy is a creep and his credibility is shot...

And doing so in a small community in those days would have ended with the Man, no matter what his status, getting his ass whipped by several dozen truck driver/ farmer types and rode out on a rail.

This whole thing makes no sense to ANYONE who grew up during those days in the same kind of town.

O Rly? Because I've been hearing Alabamians say that grown ass men dating teenagers is normal there.

And it's also common in Minnesota to grope sleeping women? The next Million Woman march is in St. Paul, Right?

Are you comparing preying on kids to groping a sleeping woman?

Sounds like a Moore supporter.

You sound like a dumbass.

You sound like a high school kid. Better stay away from the malls. Might run into Roy Moore.

Al Franken was only 55 years old when he groped Leeann Freeden. Was he too young to know better?

He was too old not to know better. But she was in her twenties, and a colleague, not a helpless high school kid. Not 14. I realize that doesn't make much of a difference to Moore supporters, but it matters to normal people.

Notice you are presenting the weakest allegation here? You are hung on the one allogation that’s the most in refered to of all the charges, and has the least evidence to back it. Please tell me what it is you saw that was so compelling?

Al Franken was only 55 years old when he groped Leeann Freeden. Was he too young to know better?

He was too old not to know better. But she was in her twenties, and a colleague, not a helpless high school kid. Not 14. I realize that doesn't make much of a difference to Moore supporters, but it matters to normal people.

Do you find it disgusting for a man to grope a sleeping woman? Maybe he's a candidate for Oxytocin.

Notice you are presenting the weakest allegation here? You are hung on the one allogation that’s the most in refered to of all the charges, and has the least evidence to back it. Please tell me what it is you saw that was so compelling?

I've said repeatedly that it's possible that Roy Moore is not guilty of some or even any of his alleged aggressions. But that's not really the issue with me. The issue with me is all the excuse-making from Moore supporters who believe there is fire as well as smoke.

A grown man groping a grown woman (a la the President) is bad.

A grown man forcing himself on girls is far worse.

You do realize the age of consent in Alabama is 16, and this supposedly happened 40 years ago? The is also the statute of limitations to take into account

Do you find it disgusting for a man to grope a sleeping woman? Maybe he's a candidate for Oxytocin.

Yes. I think most rational people would find that disgusting. Though from the picture I saw it looked to me like he was doing an air-grope. Not that it makes it much better. Tasteless joke that came back to bite him pretty hard, and somewhat deservedly. But that's forgivable to me. In my worst moments I've done similar things. We're only human.

I would never dream of going after teenagers as a 32-year old attorney, though.

I've said repeatedly that it's possible that Roy Moore is not guilty of some or even any of his alleged aggressions. But that's not really the issue with me. The issue with me is all the excuse-making from Moore supporters who believe there is fire as well as smoke.

Be honest, the real issue is you are still stuck in the “team red and the team blue”. No excuses here. Other then the “credible allegations” what evidence is there he was ever with a 14 year old? Is it not odd that Moma and girl Chile’s have gone silent since the accusation? And why diddnt Gloria Allred have the woman who was 14 sitting next to her? Wanna know why? Because the woman she showed up with is the only one who satands a chance, and her story is already coming apart. This is not taking a bribe, this is child molestation.

Yes. I think most rational people would find that disgusting. Though from the picture I saw it looked to me like he was doing an air-grope. Not that it makes it much better. Tasteless joke that came back to bite him pretty hard, and somewhat deservedly. But that's forgivable to me. In my worst moments I've done similar things. We're only human.

She also said that he was practicing an act and wanted her to practice kissing. But he had deep throated her instead. Putting his tongue all the way to her tonsil. He is a straight weirdo.

Ugh, and to think I told someone NOT to shoot you. I would grab you and shake you if I could. So what exactly sold you on the kid rape idea?

Be honest, the real issue is you are still stuck in the “team red and the team blue”. No excuses here. Other then the “credible allegations” what evidence is there he was ever with a 14 year old? Is it not odd that Moma and girl Chile’s have gone silent since the accusation? And why diddnt Gloria Allred have the woman who was 14 sitting next to her? Wanna know why? Because the woman she showed up with is the only one who satands a chance, and her story is already coming apart. This is not taking a bribe, this is child molestation.

I don't assume either way. He could have done it, could not have. We'll probably never know.

Again, I don't have a problem with people disputing that the alleged events occurred. I have a problem with people trying to say the alleged events were okay to do, for various reasons. They weren't. If he did those things, he is scum and deserves to be hanging from a tree, not in the U.S. senate.

Your blanket statement, "We're only human," says it all. That is, some of us choose not to solicit laughs at the expense of others, particularly when they are sleeping.

She also said that he was practicing an act and wanted her to practice kissing. But he had deep throated her instead. Putting his tongue all the way to her tonsil. He is a straight weirdo.

Okay. Sure, he's a weirdo. I never really liked the guy. Always too smug and biased for my tastes. And his actions were highly inappropriate. But it's not like Leeann Tweeden suffered lasting harm from that. Enough to bring it up years later, but she said herself it was mostly just gross and disrespectful.

Let's not blow the Frankenstein thing out of proportion, or minimize what Moore did, assuming the allegations are true.

So, there are degrees of rape?
Those are a difference of kind, not degree. Both are bad. Moore is far worse.

Pardon me, but I was taught rape is rape. Is there a menu?
Who raped who? Who did Moore or Franken rape? Make sure you are in the right thread, please.

Forum List

Back