Time for a third party?

First of all, I'm libertarian, not Libertarian.

Well, as for libertarians, if we get our way, you are still free to make your own choices. Every time you get your way, our choices are removed. You're the extremists.

Libertarians Are The True Political Moderates

I get to make my own choices every single day. However, if I'm a large corporation I can't pollute the water and thanks to politicians of all stripes (except libertarians) there is a government agency that deals with that sort of thing. A pretty moderate view.

I don't have the right to discriminate in my place of business. Again, thanks to Democrats and Republicans we have the civil rights act. Not the libertarian running for president at the time though. Civil Rights act = a moderate view.

Using yourself as a source = fail.

Wrong, if you pollute the air and water and it affects other citizens, which obviously it would, government can totally stop you and take your property and give it to the people you harmed, shut you down, put you in jail or whatever needs to be done based on what exactly you did.

But it took government funding studies to discover exactly what pollution does to our public lands. Probably something Libertarians don't think we should be spending money on. Hell, even burning trash in your own backyard, it's a little iffy how Libertarians stand on that.

Pollution is only known because of government studies? That's stupid. People who are effected by pollution can prove it. You really are a kool-aid swilling government worshiper that you think only they can do anything

We're not anarchists, moron. You just keep your empty headed criticism of something you don't even understand. Though I'll grant you if you're restricted to things you do understand you wouldn't be able to post much ...

I didn't call you anarchists. I said that is the closest comparison to Libertarians. It's not intentional on the part of Libertarians it's just the outcome that you get.

I didn't say you "called" me an anarchist. Your arguments are continually based on anarchy. You keep saying things like that we think polluters can pollute and we trust corporations that are just flat out wrong and ignorant

Where is the great Utopian society today? Name 3 countries that are libertarians and successful.

Why do I need to name three when we are number one with a bullet? The United States of America

We're not a libertarian country. Are you nuts or what?

I know, I said we were until you and your parasite allies took it over. The founding fathers were virtually identical to today's small government libertarians

There are zero libertarian countries. There is Somalia, what do you disagree with their form of non-government?

I'm not an anarchist, moron

I get to make my own choices every single day. However, if I'm a large corporation I can't pollute the water and thanks to politicians of all stripes (except libertarians) there is a government agency that deals with that sort of thing. A pretty moderate view.

I don't have the right to discriminate in my place of business. Again, thanks to Democrats and Republicans we have the civil rights act. Not the libertarian running for president at the time though. Civil Rights act = a moderate view.

Using yourself as a source = fail.

Wrong, if you pollute the air and water and it affects other citizens, which obviously it would, government can totally stop you and take your property and give it to the people you harmed, shut you down, put you in jail or whatever needs to be done based on what exactly you did.

But it took government funding studies to discover exactly what pollution does to our public lands. Probably something Libertarians don't think we should be spending money on. Hell, even burning trash in your own backyard, it's a little iffy how Libertarians stand on that.

Pollution is only known because of government studies? That's stupid. People who are effected by pollution can prove it. You really are a kool-aid swilling government worshiper that you think only they can do anything

We're not anarchists, moron. You just keep your empty headed criticism of something you don't even understand. Though I'll grant you if you're restricted to things you do understand you wouldn't be able to post much ...

I didn't call you anarchists. I said that is the closest comparison to Libertarians. It's not intentional on the part of Libertarians it's just the outcome that you get.

I didn't say you "called" me an anarchist. Your arguments are continually based on anarchy. You keep saying things like that we think polluters can pollute and we trust corporations that are just flat out wrong and ignorant

Where is the great Utopian society today? Name 3 countries that are libertarians and successful.

Why do I need to name three when we are number one with a bullet? The United States of America

I know, I said we were until you and your parasite allies took it over. The founding fathers were virtually identical to today's small government libertarians

There are zero libertarian countries. There is Somalia, what do you disagree with their form of non-government?

We were never governed by some nit-wit Libertarian philosophy. And, to be honest, our best years were after our forefathers died off so I'm not exactly sure you are aiming at making a good (though incorrect) point to begin with.

Once again, I didn't say you are an anarchist. I said that anarchy is a byproduct of libertarianism. Apparently you are unable to understand that sentence.

So, again, where are the great Utopian libertarian societes today? Where would John Galt plant his flag in 2016? Name 3 countries.

We were never governed by some nit-wit Libertarian philosophy. And, to be honest, our best years were after our forefathers died off so I'm not exactly sure you are aiming at making a good (though incorrect) point to begin with.

Yet you can't name differences between the founding fathers and modern libertarians, which should be easy if we are so different. Good luck with that

Once again, I didn't say you are an anarchist. I said that anarchy is a byproduct of libertarianism. Apparently you are unable to understand that sentence.

Again, unable to comprehend, I didn't say you said I'm an anarchist, I said you're arguing I'm one. You think I won't regulate pollution, that I support the rule of companies when I support the rule of choice and you're asking me about Somalia which has no central government, not a limited government. I'm not an anarchist, moron.

And I don't know what anarchy being a byproduct of libertarianism even means, but what does that have to do with me since I'm not an anarchist?

So, again, where are the great Utopian libertarian societes today? Where would John Galt plant his flag in 2016? Name 3 countries.

Why? We're number one with a bullet, that's what it's all about

‘Libertarianism’ is Nietzsche lite for Americans.

Actually, isn't he a Libertarian hero right after John Galt and KFC's Col. Sanders™?

After that I think it's a steep drop to Dale Earnhardt and Kid Rock.

It's sad how you government school educated failures who don't know how to write your own language want to inflict the same thing on our children. I guess you really don't understand what the difference between a Libertarian and a libertarian

Another government educated intellectually vacuous leftist. I'm trying to be insulted, I swear, but that people who support small government are philosophically consistent with totalitarian government is so moronic I just can't get there. Sorry

Actually, isn't he a Libertarian hero right after John Galt and KFC's Col. Sanders™?

It's sad how you government school educated failures who don't know how to write your own language want to inflict the same thing on our children. I guess you really don't understand what the difference between a Libertarian and a libertarian

I just keep saying Libertarian to piss you off. I think it's magic.

Correct – with John Galt playing the part of Der Übermensch.

Yes, totalitarian government and small government are virtually the same thing, I always confuse those too

It doesn't piss me off, but if you're also trying to make me think you are stupid, it's working

Yet you can't name differences between the founding fathers and modern libertarians, which should be easy if we are so different. Good luck with that

Again, unable to comprehend, I didn't say you said I'm an anarchist, I said you're arguing I'm one. You think I won't regulate pollution, that I support the rule of companies when I support the rule of choice and you're asking me about Somalia which has no central government, not a limited government. I'm not an anarchist, moron.

And I don't know what anarchy being a byproduct of libertarianism even means, but what does that have to do with me since I'm not an anarchist?

You haven't established that the founding fathers were libertarian. It's your claim, you go first. In the meantime, name 3 flourishing libertarian countries. As a Libertarian I don't think you can.

It doesn't piss me off, but if you're also trying to make me think you are stupid, it's working

Great, then we agree, we're cool with labeling you as a Libertarian.

You haven't established that the founding fathers were libertarian. It's your claim, you go first. In the meantime, name 3 flourishing libertarian countries. As a Libertarian I don't think you can.
Likely because of the fact that the Framers weren’t ‘libertarians.’

“The idea that our Founding Fathers envisioned a regime opposed to regulation and the protection of its citizens’ welfare from private actors, laughable to any serious historian, has nevertheless become the signature bromide of the libertarian vocabulary. The Constitution, it is often remarked, establishes a government of limited powers — an unobjectionable truth — but the fact that its powers are limited does not negate the mountain of evidence that those venerable lions who invented American democracy were far more concerned with corporate usurpations of freedom than by any threat posed by a government fairly elected by the people.”

The Founding Fathers Were Not Libertarians

“The idea that our Founding Fathers envisioned a regime opposed to regulation and the protection of its citizens’ welfare from private actors, laughable to any serious historian, has nevertheless become the signature bromide of the libertarian vocabulary. The Constitution, it is often remarked, establishes a government of limited powers — an unobjectionable truth — but the fact that its powers are limited does not negate the mountain of evidence that those venerable lions who invented American democracy were far more concerned with corporate usurpations of freedom than by any threat posed by a government fairly elected by the people.”

Yeah but Kid Rock would have a problem with this.

The poll below shows many Americans, like myself, feel that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans represent our interests. Is it time for a third party? I say yes....and so do many other Americans.

They say that, but come Election Day most of those people will still choose R or D because Americans are lemmings following each other off a cliff.

Great, then we agree, we're cool with labeling you as a Libertarian.

Liberals do love to label people

How do I know the founding fathers were what we call libertarian today? Easy. Here you go:

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

It's funny how it's so clear to you they weren't and yet you can't think of anything. Well, you thought of one, but it turned out you were wrong ...

How do I know the founding fathers were what we call libertarian today? Easy. Here you go:

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

It's funny how it's so clear to you they weren't and yet you can't think of anything. Well, you thought of one, but it turned out you were wrong ...

I see, you're answer is simply "read the constitution". That's not good enough and Clay already posted a good article on why the founding fathers were not libertarians. You can get busy refuting that anytime now.

I'm not an anarchist, moron.

It's funny how you and the puffington post have to keep basing your argument on sweeping statements and your opinion of our views.

Point to specific points in the Constitution that are not SMALL GOVERNMENT libertarian. And cut the anarchy crap, I'm not an anarchist, moron

Forum List

Back