Time Of Reason: Trump Likely To Support Ending Federal Ban On Marijuana...

Really! You must not remember the days of "9 out of 10 doctors recommend Kool menthol cigarettes. Good for asthma, bronchitis and heart disease."

Of course alcohol was widely used as an anesthetic even for amputations. Everything is a miracle drug until it isn't any more. All you are telling me is that the prohibitionists were right all along. Which leads to a similar conclusion that marijuana prohibitionists are also correct.
So we should go back to the days of alcohol prohibition?

Really! You must not remember the days of "9 out of 10 doctors recommend Kool menthol cigarettes. Good for asthma, bronchitis and heart disease."

Of course alcohol was widely used as an anesthetic even for amputations. Everything is a miracle drug until it isn't any more. All you are telling me is that the prohibitionists were right all along. Which leads to a similar conclusion that marijuana prohibitionists are also correct.

Sounds like that's what the poster is now arguing for. He or she wants more Prohibition. They probably consider themselves to be a 'Small/Less Government Conservative' too. Very confused person.

Would that necessarily follow if you recognize that every doom and gloom the prohibitionists imagined actually happened including child alcoholics?

Or,

Double down and expand alcoholism to drug addiction in some misguided belief that addiction and alcoholism equals freedom.

Would that necessarily follow if you recognize that every doom and gloom the prohibitionists imagined actually happened including child alcoholics?

Or,

Double down and expand alcoholism to drug addiction in some misguided belief that addiction and alcoholism equals freedom.

Your proposal will only result in the Police State expanding further. The US is already now #1 in the world for imprisoning Citizens. Most are in cages for non-violent drug offenses. If you expand Prohibition, you only expand the Police State. Just curious, do you consider yourself a 'Small/Less Government Conservative?'

Nice job President Trump. It's time. Let's stop throwing Citizens in cages for using Marijuana. It shouldn't have ever been criminalized. Legalize it, and then release all Citizens who are in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Hippy vote secured. Now we need to remind them to vote. Maybe sticky notes on their bags.

Nice job President Trump. It's time. Let's stop throwing Citizens in cages for using Marijuana. It shouldn't have ever been criminalized. Legalize it, and then release all Citizens who are in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses.

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Hippy vote secured. Now we need to remind them to vote. Maybe sticky notes on their bags.

We'll see, it isn't a done-deal yet. Many Republicans and Democrats will oppose it. It is a Bi-Partisan-sponsored bill, but it might not make it to his desk.

Or,

Your proposal will only result in the Police State expanding further. The US is already now #1 in the world for imprisoning Citizens. Most are in cages for non-violent drug offenses. If you expand Prohibition, you only expand the Police State. Just curious, do you consider yourself a 'Small/Less Government Conservative?'
Most are in cages because they are violent and belong there. Drug offenses get alternative sentencing. They get rehab, counseling, medical care. Stop that nonsense. It has never worked. Out of all the crimes we prohibit, every one from murder to shoplifting is still being committed on a daily basis.

There is something wrong with us as a people. The culture is sick. We have tens of thousands of people who cannot get through the day unless they are high. They demand indulgence. They demand that the government take care of them, protect them, medicate them and you know free pot for the sick is coming, thereby ensuring the addicts are now just too sick to buy their own. The answer might not be prohibition but isolation. Warehouse these unfortunates and give them all the drugs they want until they peacefully pass away.

Or,

Most are in cages because they are violent and belong there. Drug offenses get alternative sentencing. They get rehab, counseling, medical care. Stop that nonsense. It has never worked. Out of all the crimes we prohibit, every one from murder to shoplifting is still being committed on a daily basis.

There is something wrong with us as a people. The culture is sick. We have tens of thousands of people who cannot get through the day unless they are high. They demand indulgence. They demand that the government take care of them, protect them, medicate them and you know free pot for the sick is coming, thereby ensuring the addicts are now just too sick to buy their own. The answer might not be prohibition but isolation. Warehouse these unfortunates and give them all the drugs they want until they peacefully pass away.

Actually no, the vast majority of US prisoners are non-violent offenders. Most are there on non-violent drug offenses. But let me ask you again, do you consider yourself a 'Small/Less Government Conservative?' Just curious.

Government might need to get away from both sides of the drug controversy. Stop taking care of the addict and stop protecting them. Put the law back to where it was before we had drug laws and reopen the asylums and sanitariums.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

You can't trust Trump, you should know that by now. What he is for today, he will be against tomorrow.

If you want real change with marijuana at the Federal level don't vote for any fucking Republicans. They have the number 1 lobbyists against legal marijuana in their pockets, law enforcement, then the 2nd lobbyists against medical marijuana, big Pharma. Republicans will do what their big campaign donors tell them to do.

I know I live in Colorado and we're still fighting the war on marijuana with ass hole Republicans in this state.

And make sure you get your ass's out to vote this coming November.

Last edited:

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

You can't trust Trump, you should know that by now. What he is for today, he will be against tomorrow.

If you want real change with marijuana at the Federal level don't vote for any fucking Republicans. They have the number 1 lobbyists against legal marijuana in their pockets, law enforcement, then the 2nd lobbyists against medical marijuana, big Pharma. Republicans will do what their big campaign donors tell them to do.

I know I live in Colorado and we're still fighting the war on marijuana with ass hole Republicans in this state.

This bill being proposed, is Bi-Partisan-sponsored. But i have my doubts it'll ever make it to Trump's desk. If it does, i think he'll sign it.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

This bill being proposed, is Bi-Partisan-sponsored. But i have my doubts it'll ever make it to Trump's desk. If it does, i think he'll sign it.
']

I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one--:iyfyus.jpg:

Right now there are law enforcement & big pharma lobbyists calling the Republican congress and the senate making all kinds of threats. The only way you're going to get anything done is to insure that Democrats win this coming November. Republicans are bought and paid for. They always have been.

Maybe? Brilliant folks like Steve Jobs often partook in the Ganja.
That's why he was thrown out of his own company. When he began addiction recovery he was able to return.

Nah, he frequently partook in the Ganja his whole life. And he's only one of the most brilliant inventors in all of history.
You need to believe that.

No seriously, it's true. He enjoyed the Ganja his whole life. You should try it. It isn't the 'Evil Boogeyman' many have tried to make it out to be. It's far better than consuming alcohol.
Is it your opinion that his genius came from weed and all weed eaters are equally possessed of genius.

If someone tried to make me into an addict, I would cheerfully blow their head off and get away with it too.

Drug addicts cannot be rehabilitated their only recourse is the grave.
Which is why my step brother died from an overdose right after a supposed rehabiliation

Not everyone who has a drink is an alcoholic. Everyone that uses marijuana is an addict. There is no reason to use except to get high.
You’re an idiot. Marijuana helps with arthritis pain, helps patients going through cemotherapy regain an appetite, and so on and so on.

Educate yourself before you look even more out of your mind than usual.
That is true for pretty much every drug.

If Trump actually mobilized some action on this, I would approve. I don't even smoke, but it is relatively harmless drug, FAR less harmful than alcohol, which is LEGAL and is actually Satan in a bottle.

But I'd say the chances of that happening are about 1/1000. His supporters would not allow it.

If the legislation reaches his desk, he has said he'll sign it. It's a Bi-Partisan sponsored bill. So i guess we'll see.

Has to make it through a republican congress. Seems unlikely.

And then, even if that did somehow happen, he has to resist the outcry of much of his base (the conservative christian south and midwest) that tend to oppose marijuana. It's not like this president does not have a habit of changing his mind.

I hear ya, he would face some backlash. But the old white religious zealots who oppose it, are quickly dying off. They're becoming irrelevant. I hope he understands that and does the right thing. Younger more enlightened folks, will fully support his decision.

The Republican Party has to be very careful on this. It's becoming known as the Party of 'Old Angry Backwards White Guys.' Trump could buck that image by ending Marijuana Prohibition. I hope he does that.
The only backwards zealots are those who focus on the “whiteness” of any organization or institution, much less voting citizens who haven’t done a damn thing to anyone.

If you seriously want to take the pot legalization campaign into an antiwhite direction, I will be glad to personally stomp a mud hole into your hopes and dreams as well.

You idiots will all be too high and stupid to do a damn thing to stop me.

That is all this country needs, more potheads. That will really make America great again.

I don't think decriminalizing pot will lead to more pot smokers. I laugh at those that say things like that.

I laugh at those who are so delusional to think that making pot legal and more readily available won't lead to an increase in usage.

The last thing we need in this overpopulated and disgustingly interdependent society are more people using using a mind altering drug. What could possibly go wrong?
Absolutely - the last thing we really need in this country is more freedom. That would be untenable. In fact, what we really need is more big government control to take all those bad choices we might make away from us.

That is all this country needs, more potheads. That will really make America great again.

I don't think decriminalizing pot will lead to more pot smokers. I laugh at those that say things like that.

I laugh at those who are so delusional to think that making pot legal and more readily available won't lead to an increase in usage.

The last thing we need in this overpopulated and disgustingly interdependent society are more people using using a mind altering drug. What could possibly go wrong?
Absolutely - the last thing we really need in this country is more freedom. That would be untenable. In fact, what we really need is more big government control to take all those bad choices we might make away from us.

So what could possibly go wrong with the freedom to have more idiot pot heads?

Pot is a mind altering drug. The last thing any of us need are idiots using a mind altering drug driving around with our kids and grandkids on the roads. You want your doctor to be a pothead? How about any first responder when you get in the accident that the pot head caused while driving and grooving out? How about the chick filling out your prescription?

Using pot may not be the most stupid thing that a shithead could do but it is right up there near the top. The last thing we need to do is legalize more stupidity. Things will not work out like the idiot Moon Bats think it will.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Awesome news...I’m hoping we can legalize heroin next. Decriminalizing / legalizing drugs makes them more accessible...it tells our children they must be okay....Plus, our children need more drug choices...impaired kids are always super productive and they always become super productive adults...that’s why all stoners are such winners. This is so cool!

Freedom without responsibility is license. What this country needs is a whole lot less freedom and a ton more responsibility.

Forum List

Back