Time to spend money on Infrastructure

We have a rail system. My mother is scared to death of air planes. She spends 4 times as much to travel 4 times longer on the Amtrak system that has never been profitable.
There's no comparison between the present Amtrak and high speed trains that are in use in Europe, Japan, and China. You should do some research.

We aren't euroweenies, Japanese or Chinese. We're Americans. Just because they do something doesn't mean it's right for us, or Amtrak would rival any other system. No one else has had the luxury we do of everyone being able to own a car. We have "poor" people driving escalades for Christ's sake.

You should get your head out of your ass and look around sometime.

We collect something like 50-60 billion a year in gasoline taxes on the federal level alone.

Before I'll support a tax increase I want to know how all that money has been spent for the last decade.

All Obama has to do is call a presser and declare his desire to institute a moratorium on all infrastructure spending. A bill to increase spending on infrastructure will be drafted and passed by the House in weeks.

Time to build a high speed rail system nationwide.
Put green technology development into OVERDRIVE, invest $$$ into domestic tourism for foreigners.
Hammer down on monopolies.

1. Maybe some high speed rail where it's economic. Certainly.
2. Green technology like wind, solar, nuclear, hydro=oh yes. Let's power our nation and rebuild our energy infrastructure.
3. Maybe we could open up on tourism and build big buildings like China, U.A.E.
4. This has to be done wisely, but allowing smaller businesses to get into the game=good.

All of this is good, when we aren't borrowing money from China to do it.

All Obama has to do is call a presser and declare his desire to institute a moratorium on all infrastructure spending. A bill to increase spending on infrastructure will be drafted and passed by the House in weeks.

The moonbat messiah told us the "stimulus" was all about things like "infrastructure" and "shovel ready" jobs.

We've spent that same 850 billion goddammmed dollars now for the last 4 fucking years and he still have bridges falling down?

What the hell is the matter with you bed wetters? When is enough ever enough? Where do you finally draw the line and admit your asshole fuhrer is an inept thug who couldn't manage a whore house?

He's in charge of the biggest one in the world right now for Christ's sake and it'sd a goddammed disaster!!!!!!

Put green technology development into OVERDRIVE, invest $$$ into domestic tourism for foreigners.

2. Green technology like wind, solar, nuclear, hydro=oh yes. Let's power our nation and rebuild our energy infrastructure.
4. This has to be done wisely, but allowing smaller businesses to get into the game=good.

Would you suggest raising taxes to pay for it?

That's always your solution isn't it?

We have a rail system. My mother is scared to death of air planes. She spends 4 times as much to travel 4 times longer on the Amtrak system that has never been profitable.
There's no comparison between the present Amtrak and high speed trains that are in use in Europe, Japan, and China. You should do some research.

There is no comparison between DISTANCES in Europe and here! You should look at a map!

Where will the money come from? Please don't answer with another question.

Stop wasting the money they're already collecting on bullshit. It isn't that hard....

Not that we need a damned rail transit system anyway. We have cars, and the rail system we have can't even sustain itself!! No private enterprise is willing to touch it!!

Why is this simple reality so impossible for you to grasp?

I'm afraid it's too late for that. We could have but we missed the opportunity. We are now stuck with a huge network of crumbling roads and bridges that carry nearly all goods we purchase. As the infrastructure declines so will the time to bring goods to market and that will effect every ones bottom line. I think people simply don't realize that our infrastructure is the foundation that our economy rests on.

I'm afraid it's too late for that. We could have but we missed the opportunity. We are now stuck with a huge network of crumbling roads and bridges that carry nearly all goods we purchase. As the infrastructure declines so will the time to bring goods to market and that will effect every ones bottom line. I think people simply don't realize that our infrastructure is the foundation that our economy rests on.

But at least we have the fattest welfare recipients in the world!!! Woohooo!!!

America... Fuck Yeah!!!

Does the left believe that we aren't spending money on infrastructure? I have been inconvenienced by construction of an extra lane on an interstate bridge in Va. for at least the last two years. Has anybody driven through Pa in the last couple of years or Maryland? The road construction seems like it will never end. .

Yes I have and I agree. I remember it took decades to finish an interchange at 202 and 76.

San Francisco is undergoing massive amounts of new construction lately but the bulk of it is private. Big companies are moving in, lots of new offices and condos. They are building a new Transbay Terminal and a new underground train to Chinatown but I wished they'd do something about the streets. They're filthy and a full of potholes.

Your attempt to trap me was easy to spot. How else can we pay for it? You don't want the government to tax you for the improvement of the infrastructure you want to improve, how exactly does that work? Do we tax the snot out of corporations or big oil to do it? No, that would raise prices on various products. What else? Well there isn't much else. You liberals are too damned inflexible. So in a sense you are giving your beloved government no choice but to acquire money from an outside source!

I would suggest that you be more willing and cooperative. We have an economic infrastructure that is just as dilapidated as the transportation one is. Use your head, how do you finance the improvement of our roads and bridges? With money we have, and did not borrow or tax the snot out of someone to get. In essence, it's the economy, stupid.

Last edited:

Stop wasting the money they're already collecting on bullshit. It isn't that hard....

Not that we need a damned rail transit system anyway. We have cars, and the rail system we have can't even sustain itself!! No private enterprise is willing to touch it!!

The reason Amtrak can't sustain itself is because it is inefficient.

But at least we have the fattest welfare recipients in the world!!! Woohooo!!!

America... Fuck Yeah!!!

Correction:

'Murica

:clap2:

The moonbat messiah told us the "stimulus" was all about things like "infrastructure" and "shovel ready" jobs.

We've spent that same 850 billion goddammmed dollars now for the last 4 fucking years and he still have bridges falling down?

What the hell is the matter with you bed wetters? When is enough ever enough? Where do you finally draw the line and admit your asshole fuhrer is an inept thug who couldn't manage a whore house?

He's in charge of the biggest one in the world right now for Christ's sake and it'sd a goddammed disaster!!!!!!

It wasn't god damned enough and half of it was god damned tax cuts you imbecile.

Fuhrer? Asshole? Moonbat Messiah?

The reason Amtrak can't sustain itself is because it is inefficient.

Define "inefficient"

Big government liberals like you have no idea what "inefficient" or "efficient" are.

It wasn't god damned enough and half of it was god damned tax cuts you imbecile.

Fuhrer? Asshole? Moonbat Messiah?

Mad?

Forum List

Back