To My Republican Friends......What Needs to Be Done to Win National Elections

So if we put a referendum on the ballot that men should be castrated at the age of 25 and it somehow passed, we should go through with it...right? Hey...it's the majority rule, right?

Not likely to pass, but, yes, if the majority vote for it. This is about democracy, majority rule-------not dictatorship and minority rule.

So if the whites wanted to enslave blacks again and could theorehtically do it simply my majority rule standards...they could do it and you think that blacks should start riding the backs of busses once more... Do I have your position correct?

Curious; lets say that 34% vote for it, 33% vote no and 33% abstain...is 34% enough to get them to pick your cotton again? Do you need a majority to vote to take away another's rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness or will a simple plurality work?

:dunno:

You don't need majority rule. You just need a President and Senate who think they know what is better for you than you do who will pass laws to force you to do things against your will. Your lack of outrage is noted.

So if we put a referendum on the ballot that men should be castrated at the age of 25 and it somehow passed, we should go through with it...right? Hey...it's the majority rule, right?

Not likely to pass, but, yes, if the majority vote for it. This is about democracy, majority rule-------not dictatorship and minority rule.

So if the whites wanted to enslave blacks again and could theorehtically do it simply my majority rule standards...they could do it and you think that blacks should start riding the backs of busses once more... Do I have your position correct?

Curious; lets say that 34% vote for it, 33% vote no and 33% abstain...is 34% enough to get them to pick your cotton again? Do you need a majority to vote to take away another's rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness or will a simple plurality work?

the majority cannot vote something into law that is illegal or a violation of the constitution. your red herring smells like rotting fish.

but theoretically 38 states could vote to change the constitution and reinstitute slavery. "theoretically" do you know what that word means?

You don't need majority rule. You just need a President and Senate who think they know what is better for you than you do who will pass laws to force you to do things against your will. Your lack of outrage is noted.

candy and her buddy fluke have been spending too much time buying condoms and hooking on the streets of DC. she has no idea what obozo is doing to her and the rest of us.

the majority cannot vote something into law that is illegal or a violation of the constitution. your red herring smells like rotting fish.

but theoretically 38 states could vote to change the constitutions and reinstitute slavery. "theoretically" do you know what that word means?

Earlier you said yes to the castration question....so apparently there are caveats to your majority rule idiocy: I guess you would get a waiver since in your case it would be micro surgery

So if the moon was made of cheese ... We could take a roll of Ritz crackers and have lunch ... Not mention I like my scenario better, and we wouldn't even have to vote on it.

Since TeaPs make up about 20% and Progressives about 15% of the country, the poll is meaningless.

The TeaPs are at their all time low, as is Congress and the GOP in Congress, far lower than Obama's popularity.

Yes, the American population far more approves of the mainstream proposals than those of the weirdo TeaPs on the far right and the equally weirdo progs on the far left.

Redfish believes in Jacksonian conservatism that empowers the white male at the expense of the rest of America. Most TeaPs believe in democratic tyranny if they are the ones in charge.

Since TeaPs make up about 20% and Progressives about 15% of the country, the poll is meaningless.

The TeaPs are at their all time low, as is Congress and the GOP in Congress, far lower than Obama's popularity.

Yes, the American population far more approves of the mainstream proposals than those of the weirdo TeaPs on the far right and the equally weirdo progs on the far left.

Since you just tied Tea Party and GOP popularity to President Obama's Popularity ... Does that mean that when the 2014 Mid-Terms roll around ... You are going to be willing to peg President Obama with the results?

Just Asking?

yawn

one more fakey "republican"

lying is ingrained into any leftard, plus the inability to hide their own stupidity :lol:

fact is we have never had such an epic fail in the WH as we have now

You mean except for bush.

Frankly, when Bush became president, we had surpluses, peace, prosperity, 3% unemployment.

When he left, we had wars, ruined cities, huge deficits, 10% unemployment...

that's EPIC FAIL.

I just can't see how any sane person can say, "Wow, Bush was doing a great job, and then Obama came along."

Another retreat to the bushes ... A great place to find a little cover while you regroup and attempt to make another attack ... Before getting beat down and retreating again.

Hardly, guy.

I just point out that when someone screams about how Obama is the worst president in the history of forever, I just have to ask where the fuck they were from 2001 to 2009?

I mean, seriously, the worst we have to worry about now is a irritating website?

I just point out that when someone screams about how Obama is the worst president in the history of forever, I just have to ask where the fuck they were from 2001 to 2009?

Considering where I was from 2004 through 2006 ... You don't have clue how thankful I am President Obama wasn't in office then.
You missed a spot there on your camouflage ... And need to improve on your "take a shot then relocate" skills.

Considering where I was from 2004 through 2006 ... You don't have clue how thankful I am President Obama wasn't in office then.
You missed a spot there on your camouflage ... And need to improve on your "take a shot then relocate" skills.

No, guy, here's the thing.

Two wars. One of them with a country that didn't even do what we accused them of.

A serious recession in 2001 and another one in 2008 that was the worst in 80 years.

Completely messed up Katrina efforts.

Bush really, really did mess everything up.

There's just not a nice way to put it. And heck, I don't see a lot of "Republicans" saying we need another Bush in office, do you?

You mean except for bush.

Frankly, when Bush became president, we had surpluses, peace, prosperity, 3% unemployment.

When he left, we had wars, ruined cities, huge deficits, 10% unemployment...

that's EPIC FAIL.

I just can't see how any sane person can say, "Wow, Bush was doing a great job, and then Obama came along."

Another retreat to the bushes ... A great place to find a little cover while you regroup and attempt to make another attack ... Before getting beat down and retreating again.

Hardly, guy.

I mean, seriously, the worst we have to worry about now is a irritating website?

44 presidents to choose from and the only two being debated as worst of all time are the last two. I wonder how stuck in the same pattern of argument each and every one of you is. Closed arguments like all the ones posited here aren't helping.

QUIT looking for zingers and look for PROGRESS. I think we all can agree that middle ground is available, or even new ground. Why don't we use this forum as a vehicle for that?

And please don't continue the cycle of stupid immature comments any child could make in middle school after hearing their parents talk at home.

And heck, I don't see a lot of "Republicans" saying we need another Bush in office, do you?

Well yes ... I have actually heard Republicans talking about Jeb Bush running for President ... Not that I would support the idea.
See that is the problem ... You keep over-reaching ... Exposing yourself to return fire.

The bushes may give you cover ... But if you keep opening you mouth ... I know where to shoot.

[

44 presidents to choose from and the only two being debated as worst of all time are the last two. I wonder how stuck in the same pattern of argument each and every one of you is. Closed arguments like all the ones posited here aren't helping.

QUIT looking for zingers and look for PROGRESS. I think we all can agree that middle ground is available, or even new ground. Why don't we use this forum as a vehicle for that?

And please don't continue the cycle of stupid immature comments any child could make in middle school after hearing their parents talk at home.

I would say that there were worse presidents than Obama or Bush.

James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson come immediately to mind.

I just wonder about the folks who apparently were constantly making excuses for Bush's ineptitude (and I was one of them up until 2007 or so) are suddenly convinced Obama is much, much, much worse.

On what basis?

Heck, I don't even think Obama is a great president. He's been weak, he's let Congress set the agenda too much.

But when it comes to mind-numbingly aweful decisions, that Bush guy just can't be beat.

[

I would say that there were worse presidents than Obama or Bush.

James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson come immediately to mind.

I just wonder about the folks who apparently were constantly making excuses for Bush's ineptitude (and I was one of them up until 2007 or so) are suddenly convinced Obama is much, much, much worse.

On what basis?

Heck, I don't even think Obama is a great president. He's been weak, he's let Congress set the agenda too much.

But when it comes to mind-numbingly aweful decisions, that Bush guy just can't be beat.

Woodrow Wilson giving the printing of money back to the bankers was a terrible decision he immediately regretted. Alongside that with income tax you have the money system becoming a perpetual system of debt. Way worse than trying to reform health care.

Since you just tied Tea Party and GOP popularity to President Obama's Popularity ... Does that mean that when the 2014 Mid-Terms roll around ... You are going to be willing to peg President Obama with the results? Just Asking?

I was wondering if you could spot the question.

The popularity relationships are facts. They are what they are.

The GOP gets back on track by going with its mainstream than its far right reactionaries.

That should put Obama behind the eight ball next November. If not, ACA is with us forever.

Asked and Answered.

Last edited:
[

Woodrow Wilson giving the printing of money back to the bankers was a terrible decision he immediately regretted. Alongside that with income tax you have the money system becoming a perpetual system of debt. Way worse than trying to reform health care.

Partially, but really, every other democracy did the same thing at the same time...

I think the thing was, the nation state itself was evolving at that point, with the end of the Monarchies and the beginning of the mass state.

I was wondering if you could spot the question.

The popularity relationships are facts. They are what they are.

The GOP gets back on track by going with its mainstream than its far right reactionaries.

That should put Obama behind the eight ball next November. If not, ACA is with us forever.

Asked and Answered.

I was just asking because I really don't think that President Obama's numbers are that closely related to those of the Tea Party or GOP.
I mean there are going to be a lot of candidates that run in 2014 that will use The ACA as part of their platform ... But I don't think that President Obama can much help or hurt their individual outcomes.

I think it will be one of those rare times when the public may just evaluate exactly what their candidate did.
Where it may or may not result in changing party seats or majority counts ... There may be quite a few folks that don't return on both sides of the aisle.

I can see situations where a better candidate from the same party can replace some of the fools we have up there now.

I think it will be one of those rare times when the public may just evaluate exactly what their candidate did.

Banging on ACA is good, but we have to do more than that. We have to sincerely down play the far right angst and fauxrage and encourage a healthy and sincere outreach to women and Hispanics and minorities.

Any more shut downs or attempts to default the debt will give the Dems the house, and then it will be far too late to close the stable gate.

So if the moon was made of cheese ... We could take a roll of Ritz crackers and have lunch ... Not mention I like my scenario better, and we wouldn't even have to vote on it.

According to Redfish, majority should rule and they should be able to impose their will upon the minority.

His words; not mine.

I like the idea of a moon being made of muenster cheese to be certain however I'm more for Town House than Ritz.

Forum List

Back