TODAY IS THE 20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING

Say someone murders someone opposed to your right to send naken selfies of yourself and send them to people. I'm guessing that you don't believe people should be killing other people to protect that. So you're telling me at that point your choices are to be OK with the murder, or change positions and oppose the right to take naked selfies and send them out. That is your standard. Seriously you want us to believe that.

A guy murders the clerk in a 7/11 because they sell coke Slurpies. You would either demand 7/11 stop selling coke slurpies or you would be supporting murder.

Liberals are such simpletons. Again, this is why conversations with you people never go anywhere. You can't process a point.

WTF are you blabbering about?

I knew you woudn't get it.

You are saying my choices are to change sides and disagree with Tim McVeigh's views or I'm OK with murder. I can't agree with him but disagree with what he did.

So that's your standard. If anyone kills someone for something you agree with but you do not think they should have committed murder, then you are saying you would either change sides or you would be OK with murder. It's an idiotic position. And you are just the idiot to have it.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I never said you justified McVeigh's terrorist act, I said you were trying to justify his ideology. There's a big difference there.
It's akin to saying you aren't stupid, you are just being trying to be so. It's a pretty ditsy argument.

I'm sorry, are you trying to string a sentence?
Wtf is "string a sentence"?

Public education is not an excuse. Some people manage to comprehend language despite it.

I'll save my sorrow for the victims of government terrorism at Waco and Ruby Ridge.McVeigh was a soldier who committed an act of war.

Ridiculous self-serving pap from a fellow white supremacist. McVeigh was a disgruntled loser who quit the Army when his quest to join the Special Forces was rebuffed.

Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

McVeigh worked long hours in a dead-end job and felt that he did not have a home. He sought romance, but his advances were rejected by a coworker and he felt nervous around women. He believed that he brought too much pain to his loved ones. He grew angry and frustrated at his difficulties in finding a girlfriend and he took up obsessive gambling. Unable to pay back gambling debts, he took a cash advance and then defaulted on his repayments. He then began looking for a state without heavy government regulation or high taxes. He became enraged when the government informed him that he had been overpaid $1,058 while in the Army and he had to pay back the money. He wrote an angry letter to the government inviting them to:

"Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property."

McVeigh introduced his sister to anti-government literature, but his father had little interest in these views. He moved out of his father's house and into an apartment that had no telephone, which had the advantage of making it impossible for his employer to contact him for overtime assignments. He also quit the NRA, viewing its stance on gun rights as too weak.

I'll save my sorrow for the victims of government terrorism at Waco and Ruby Ridge.McVeigh was a soldier who committed an act of war.

If you've read the thread, and if you can read, you know I agree with sorrow for the victims who were murdered by government.

But that a "soldier" targets innocent civilians to be murdered is sick. Your usual fare.

Ridiculous self-serving pap from a fellow white supremacist. McVeigh was a disgruntled loser who quit the Army when his quest to join the Special Forces was rebuffed.

McVeigh worked long hours in a dead-end job and felt that he did not have a home. He sought romance, but his advances were rejected by a coworker and he felt nervous around women. He believed that he brought too much pain to his loved ones. He grew angry and frustrated at his difficulties in finding a girlfriend and he took up obsessive gambling. Unable to pay back gambling debts, he took a cash advance and then defaulted on his repayments. He then began looking for a state without heavy government regulation or high taxes. He became enraged when the government informed him that he had been overpaid $1,058 while in the Army and he had to pay back the money. He wrote an angry letter to the government inviting them to:

"Go ahead, take everything I own; take my dignity. Feel good as you grow fat and rich at my expense; sucking my tax dollars and property."

McVeigh introduced his sister to anti-government literature, but his father had little interest in these views. He moved out of his father's house and into an apartment that had no telephone, which had the advantage of making it impossible for his employer to contact him for overtime assignments. He also quit the NRA, viewing its stance on gun rights as too weak.

It would be nice if sick losers like that would do the world a solid and off themselves rather than taking all those people with them

I remember 20 years ago today, as if it were yesterday. Twenty years ago, the Alfred P Murrah building was bombed by right wing terrorist Timothy McVeigh, an anti-government, gun toting nutcase.

Survivors gather for 20th anniversary of Oklahoma City bombing

r

(Reuters) - When Priscilla Salyers attends Sunday's anniversary ceremony for victims of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, she will be thinking how far she has come in fighting depression and survivor's guilt.

She and hundreds of other survivors will bow their heads at the 20th Remembrance Ceremony at the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, marking the day a cargo truck with more than two tons of explosives blew up, killing 168 people.

Salyers plummeted five floors when the fuel-and-fertilizer bomb detonated at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995.

She remembers the sound, remembers locking eyes with a coworker she would never see alive again and remembers the chaos and noise as the floor disintegrated under her feet. She was trapped in the rubble of the nine-story building for hours, her head beneath a 25-foot column of concrete.

Anti-government militant Timothy McVeigh, who carried out the bombing, and accomplice Terry Nichols were tried and convicted on federal charges. McVeigh was executed, and Nichols received multiple life prison sentences.

Today, the depression does not haunt Salyers as often. The survivor's guilt is not as razor sharp. Helping to design the memorial was a step in her healing.

"I hope we are an inspiration to those who are starting their own journey to healing," Salyers said. "I hope people see that life goes on. So many of us have picked up the pieces and kept moving forward."

Among survivors attending the ceremony will be some of the "miracle babies," six men and women who were aged under 5 and were in the building's daycare center when the bomb exploded.

Despite seared lungs, ravaged faces and mental and psychological scars, they try not to dwell on the past and move on.

One of the daycare babies, Joseph Webb, said he feels like he must share his story to remind the public of what happened that day, but he will not attend on Sunday.

"For me, it's too distracting from the solemnity, the austerity that I want to experience on my own," Webb said.

Former President Bill Clinton, who was in his first term in office when the bombing happened, is scheduled to close the memorial service.

Other officials scheduled to attend are former Oklahoma City Mayor Ron Norick, former Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating, Mayor Mick Cornett and Governor Mary Fallin.

"The lessons learned twenty years ago on April 19, 1995 – and in the months and years thereafter – have changed the way America responds to violence and terrorism," Kari Watkins, executive director of the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, said in a statement.

Survivors gather for 20th anniversary of Oklahoma City bombing Reuters

A christian terrorist attack

Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995.Neocons and Republicans grow angry and uncomfortable whenever Timothy McVeigh is cited as an example of a non-Islamic terrorist. Pointing out that a non-Muslim white male carried out an attack as vicious and deadly as the Oklahoma City bombing doesn’t fit into their narrative that only Muslims and people of color are capable of carrying out terrorist attacks. Neocons will claim that bringing up McVeigh’s name during a discussion of terrorism is a “red herring” that distracts us from fighting radical Islamists, but that downplays the cruel, destructive nature of the attack.

Prior to the al-Qaeda attacks of 9/11, the Oklahoma City bombing McVeigh orchestrated was the most deadly terrorist attack in U.S. history: 168 people were killed and more than 600 were injured. When McVeigh used a rented truck filled with explosives to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, his goal was to kill as many people as possible. McVeigh was motivated by an extreme hatred for the U.S. government and saw the attack as revenge for the Ruby Ridge incident of 1992 and the Waco Siege in 1993. He had white supremacist leanings as well (when he was in the U.S. Army, McVeigh was reprimanded for wearing a “white power” T-shirt he had bought at a KKK demonstration). McVeigh was executed on June 11, 2001. He should have served life without parole instead, as a living reminder of the type of viciousness the extreme right is capable of.

Since there was no indication that McVeigh did the bombing because of his politics then it must have been over ideology. there is no doubt that McVeigh was anti-government, much like many groups such as the Weather Underground. There is no indication that McVeigh took religion seriously so the connection to being Christian is as easy to make as him being Muslim and considering he had Muslim help it even makes sense.

So whose ideology leans towards bombing? RW? No. LW, such as the Weather Underground, hell yes.

So considering the above, McVeigh was not driven by politics. Was driven by ideology which matches left wing ideology of anti-government. And McVeigh used the tactics of the left wing when he set off the bomb.

Another clue would be his dropping out of the NRA. The right wing had little to do with McVeigh regardless of how much the bombers on the left wing wish us to believe.

Oh yeah and don't forget another left wing bomber from the same time period, the uni-bomber. Cowardly bombing is the favorite form of killing for the left wing.

There is a common thread between McVeigh and Dzhokhar Tsranaev, the younger of the Boston Bomber Bros.

Separated by 2 decades the Oklahoma City and Boston Marathon bombings are linked by an enduring mystery - Yahoo News
Both McVeigh and Tsarnaev have hinted at what motivated them, and it was generally the same — anger at the government for killing people.
...McVeigh said he was trying to avenge the government’s deadly assault on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, on April 19, 1993, which killed 76 people.

In a letter to his hometown paper, the Buffalo News, on the eve of his execution, McVeigh called his bombing a “legit tactic..”

Meanwhile, the only clue we have of Tsarnaev’s thinking so far is the blood-stained and gunshot riddled note he scrawled inside the boat where he likely believed he was going to die... “The U.S. government is killing our innocent civilians, but most of you already know that,” Tsarnaev wrote. “As a Muslim, I can’t stand to see such evil go unpunished. We Muslims are one body. You hurt one, you hurt us all…"

It would be nice if sick losers like that would do the world a solid and off themselves rather than taking all those people with them

I'm convinced that they believe they have no future and rather than just off themselves they make the conscience choice to have others share their pain.

Wiki?

Wiki?

There are many sources which offer the same info. Wiki is easiest to link. Sorry.

I remember 20 years ago today, as if it were yesterday. Twenty years ago, the Alfred P Murrah building was bombed by right wing terrorist Timothy McVeigh, an anti-government, gun toting nutcase.

Survivors gather for 20th anniversary of Oklahoma City bombing

r

(Reuters) - When Priscilla Salyers attends Sunday's anniversary ceremony for victims of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, she will be thinking how far she has come in fighting depression and survivor's guilt.

She and hundreds of other survivors will bow their heads at the 20th Remembrance Ceremony at the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, marking the day a cargo truck with more than two tons of explosives blew up, killing 168 people.

Salyers plummeted five floors when the fuel-and-fertilizer bomb detonated at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995.

She remembers the sound, remembers locking eyes with a coworker she would never see alive again and remembers the chaos and noise as the floor disintegrated under her feet. She was trapped in the rubble of the nine-story building for hours, her head beneath a 25-foot column of concrete.

Anti-government militant Timothy McVeigh, who carried out the bombing, and accomplice Terry Nichols were tried and convicted on federal charges. McVeigh was executed, and Nichols received multiple life prison sentences.

Today, the depression does not haunt Salyers as often. The survivor's guilt is not as razor sharp. Helping to design the memorial was a step in her healing.

"I hope we are an inspiration to those who are starting their own journey to healing," Salyers said. "I hope people see that life goes on. So many of us have picked up the pieces and kept moving forward."

Among survivors attending the ceremony will be some of the "miracle babies," six men and women who were aged under 5 and were in the building's daycare center when the bomb exploded.

Despite seared lungs, ravaged faces and mental and psychological scars, they try not to dwell on the past and move on.

One of the daycare babies, Joseph Webb, said he feels like he must share his story to remind the public of what happened that day, but he will not attend on Sunday.

"For me, it's too distracting from the solemnity, the austerity that I want to experience on my own," Webb said.

Former President Bill Clinton, who was in his first term in office when the bombing happened, is scheduled to close the memorial service.

Other officials scheduled to attend are former Oklahoma City Mayor Ron Norick, former Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating, Mayor Mick Cornett and Governor Mary Fallin.

"The lessons learned twenty years ago on April 19, 1995 – and in the months and years thereafter – have changed the way America responds to violence and terrorism," Kari Watkins, executive director of the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, said in a statement.

Survivors gather for 20th anniversary of Oklahoma City bombing Reuters

A christian terrorist attack

Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995.Neocons and Republicans grow angry and uncomfortable whenever Timothy McVeigh is cited as an example of a non-Islamic terrorist. Pointing out that a non-Muslim white male carried out an attack as vicious and deadly as the Oklahoma City bombing doesn’t fit into their narrative that only Muslims and people of color are capable of carrying out terrorist attacks. Neocons will claim that bringing up McVeigh’s name during a discussion of terrorism is a “red herring” that distracts us from fighting radical Islamists, but that downplays the cruel, destructive nature of the attack.

Prior to the al-Qaeda attacks of 9/11, the Oklahoma City bombing McVeigh orchestrated was the most deadly terrorist attack in U.S. history: 168 people were killed and more than 600 were injured. When McVeigh used a rented truck filled with explosives to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, his goal was to kill as many people as possible. McVeigh was motivated by an extreme hatred for the U.S. government and saw the attack as revenge for the Ruby Ridge incident of 1992 and the Waco Siege in 1993. He had white supremacist leanings as well (when he was in the U.S. Army, McVeigh was reprimanded for wearing a “white power” T-shirt he had bought at a KKK demonstration). McVeigh was executed on June 11, 2001. He should have served life without parole instead, as a living reminder of the type of viciousness the extreme right is capable of.

Since there was no indication that McVeigh did the bombing because of his politics then it must have been over ideology. there is no doubt that McVeigh was anti-government, much like many groups such as the Weather Underground. There is no indication that McVeigh took religion seriously so the connection to being Christian is as easy to make as him being Muslim and considering he had Muslim help it even makes sense.

So whose ideology leans towards bombing? RW? No. LW, such as the Weather Underground, hell yes.

So considering the above, McVeigh was not driven by politics. Was driven by ideology which matches left wing ideology of anti-government. And McVeigh used the tactics of the left wing when he set off the bomb.

Another clue would be his dropping out of the NRA. The right wing had little to do with McVeigh regardless of how much the bombers on the left wing wish us to believe.

Oh yeah and don't forget another left wing bomber from the same time period, the uni-bomber. Cowardly bombing is the favorite form of killing for the left wing.

So, you're saying that Timothy McVeigh was a liberal? ROTFLMAO!

You're a fucking nut case.

Why is it that every hateful nihilistic Muslim terrorist born out side the west that perpetrates a hate crime, gets called a American, Englishman, Canadian, German French or what ever when they CLEARLY aren't? These two idiots Micks, are the only known Americans to actually justify being called homegrown terrorist.

I am with you on that. Leftists murder people to defend government, not to topple it. Even the anti-government occupy movement demanded more government as a solution to their demands

I am with you on that. Leftists murder people to defend government, not to topple it. Even the anti-government occupy movement demanded more government as a solution to their demands

All the militias are rightwing overstuffed low IQ cretins. McVeigh and lately the bundy freaks we have seen in action recently are only the tip of the iceberg, lets not forget Eric Rudolph the christian terrorist Olympic bomber , funny who all those good christians who didn't give him away to police in the mountains of NC where he hide out for a couple of years

If you've read the thread, and if you can read, you know I agree with sorrow for the victims who were murdered by government.

But that a "soldier" targets innocent civilians to be murdered is sick. Your usual fare.
He didn't target civilians he targeted government employees,employees of the tyrannical government that killed many at Waco and Ruby Ridge. He avenged the children murdered at Waco and Ruby Ridge. He is to be admired he actually backed his rhetoric up with force.

What a coincidence!

A Black man is elected Pres and look what crawls out of the sewers

The Second Wave: Return of the Militias

The 1990s saw the rise and fall of the virulently antigovernment "Patriot" movement, made up of paramilitary militias, tax defiers and so-called "sovereign citizens." Sparked by a combination of anger at the federal government and the deaths of political dissenters at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, and Waco, Texas, the movement took off in the middle of the decade and continued to grow even after 168 people were left dead by the 1995 bombing of Oklahoma City's federal building — an attack, the deadliest ever by domestic U.S. terrorists, carried out by men steeped in the rhetoric and conspiracy theories of the militias. In the years that followed, a truly remarkable number of criminal plots came out of the movement. But by early this century, the Patriots had largely faded, weakened by systematic prosecutions, aversion to growing violence, and a new, highly conservative president.

They're back. Almost a decade after largely disappearing from public view, right-wing militias, ideologically driven tax defiers and sovereign citizens are appearing in large numbers around the country. "Paper terrorism" — the use of property liens and citizens' "courts" to harass enemies — is on the rise. And once-popular militia conspiracy theories are making the rounds again, this time accompanied by nativist theories about secret Mexican plans to "reconquer" the American Southwest. One law enforcement agency has found 50 new militia training groups — one of them made up of present and former police officers and soldiers. Authorities around the country are reporting a worrying uptick in Patriot activities and propaganda. "This is the most significant growth we've seen in 10 to 12 years," says one. "All it's lacking is a spark. I think it's only a matter of time before you see threats and violence."
The Second Wave Return of the Militias Southern Poverty Law Center

Forum List

Back