Today's American History lesson.

Texas V White was after the War was over. Not applicable.

You love Minority Report too? The movie where the courts determine guilt BEFORE the action takes place. I never thought you'd believe that was real though.

I mean you are actually saying that something happened, THEN AFTER the action the court made a judgement on the legality of that action?

Again that is completely irrelevant. The only relevant part was the secession of 1860/1861 was illegal.

After the War the Union was upset. They had lost over 300,000 soldiers and their beloved Tyrant war criminal president had been terminated. They wanted revenge. Several Confederate leaders were arrested or indicted for treason. But guess what? Secession was legal so the best lawyers the US had could not prove treason. The Confederate leaders were released.

After the War the Union was upset. They had lost over 300,000 soldiers and their beloved Tyrant war criminal president had been terminated. They wanted revenge. Several Confederate leaders were arrested or indicted for treason. But guess what? Secession was legal so the best lawyers the US had could not prove treason. The Confederate leaders were released.

Interesting take. I've seen the court documents for Jefferson Davis', but that had nothing to do with the legality of secession but rather Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation. Saying that states and people in rebellion had no protections from the constitution. That also meant that using treason as outlined in the Constitution would be difficult. I didn't see anything about the secession being legal as a part of it though. Plenty about Andrew Johnson wanting to end the hostilities and move on. Plenty on the difficulties that may present themselves getting a verdict in the South against Southerners in a trial. Nothing on legality of secession being a reason. Source?

Only asking for a source because you brought up quite a few dubious claims. One for example was Roger B Taney. The only source on that ever happening was the word of one person. In fact nobody has ever been able to find any record of the arrest warrant you bring up. If we went off of that low of a level of proof to buy into claims, Trump's raped a couple dozen women by now.

Last edited:
I have. I have read the dissenting opinions as well.
I never really cared what the SC says anyways. Everyone knows they are nothing but activists. Hell, even one of the dissenting opinions in texas vs white was only because of bonds...
The constitution isnt broad. And the words are there in basic english.

While it is interesting that you don't care what the Constitution says (and the powers it gives the Supreme Court), that doesn't mean much of anything. You asked if it was legal, not how much you liked it being illegal. .
And im saying it was. You cant make up new laws to prosecute on crimes already committed. Basically, thats what you guys are saying.

Irrational.

No law was created by the ruling. It was interpreting existing law, our most fundamental law at that.

Lincoln sent Union troops door to door in areas of Maryland, a Union state, to confiscate weapons.

This is a clear violation of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

Only if you are a bizarre freak who thinks the 2nd Amendment is about guns.

But anyway, we get it. You don't like Lincoln because he bitch-slapped the slave states.

Except slave states DESERVED TO BE BITCH SLAPPED.

Yup, they should have hung the treasonous racist bastards. But instead, LIncoln decided to be magnanimous in victory. He shouldn't have been.

The Civil war was a case where we won the war but are still losing the peace.

Compared to World War II, where we took out the Nazi and Japanese leaders, had a war crime trial for them and hanged their sorry asses. And they had a valid argument that they were agents of a legitimate government, unlike the inbreds of the South.

Yup, they should have hung the treasonous racist bastards. But instead, LIncoln decided to be magnanimous in victory. He shouldn't have been.

The Civil war was a case where we won the war but are still losing the peace.

Compared to World War II, where we took out the Nazi and Japanese leaders, had a war crime trial for them and hanged their sorry asses. And they had a valid argument that they were agents of a legitimate government, unlike the inbreds of the South.

Actually I think Lincoln was more on the side of charging them with treason. It was more when he died that President Johnson figured it would do a lot more bad than good.

I apologize, I will be off here for a while. I have a class to teach to people from the North about ethics and morals and virtue. It is very frustrating work.

People who tried to destroy the greatest country in the world because they wanted a few rich people to keep owning slaves know nothing about ethics or morals or virtue. Neither do people who apologize for them today.

I apologize, I will be off here for a while. I have a class to teach to people from the North about ethics and morals and virtue. It is very frustrating work.

People who tried to destroy the greatest country in the world because they wanted a few rich people to keep owning slaves know nothing about ethics or morals or virtue. Neither do people who apologize for them today.

Boy, you is one ignint sumbich.

"
I have said a hundred times, and I have now no inclination to take it back, that I believe there is no right, and ought to be no inclination in the people of the free States to enter into the slave States, and interfere with the question of slavery at all."

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races -- that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

^Who said that, hmm?

"
I have said a hundred times, and I have now no inclination to take it back, that I believe there is no right, and ought to be no inclination in the people of the free States to enter into the slave States, and interfere with the question of slavery at all."

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races -- that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

^Who said that, hmm?

I'll go with Lincoln. Either making campaign promises where he was trying to appear more moderate for votes when being called a black republican and other lies made up that weren't true or before the battle of Antietam when the rebellion was at his doorstep and he was living between slave states that had yet to secede, trying to appease them that the war wasn't truly about him being an abolitionist where he'd wake up the next day in the heart of the Confederacy. Of course his actions 100000% countered those statements. OJ Simpson said he lives a peaceful life. I'll take him on his actions over his words as well.

Was I right?

Who said "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

I mean Trump said he was for the assault weapons ban that he'd reinstitute waterboarding (he hasn't and won't). But those are words on a campaign trail. We go with actions. And Lincoln definitely acted in opposition of those two statements.

"

^Who said that, hmm?

That sounds like what a racist White supremacist or Nazi would say. But Abe Lincoln said that in his Senatorial election debate.
Many Blacks consider Lincoln as their White hero. The great emancipator. That's just funny. They don't know the real Lincoln. He was no fan of Blacks.

"

^Who said that, hmm?

That sounds like what a racist White supremacist or Nazi would say. But Abe Lincoln said that in his Senatorial election debate.
Many Blacks consider Lincoln as their White hero. The great emancipator. That's just funny. They don't know the real Lincoln. He was no fan of Blacks.

He saw freeing southern blacks as a tool to weaken the South.

It really didn't work that way, however, the march to the sea was effective. I've heard old black women in GA talk about that. Bad bad bad.

"

^Who said that, hmm?

It really didn't work that way, however, the march to the sea was effective. I've heard old black women in GA talk about that. Bad bad bad.

ISIS has nothing on Gen Sherman. We call that Terrorism now days. You know waging war upon civilians.

"

^Who said that, hmm?

ISIS has nothing on Gen Sherman. We call that Terrorism now days. You know waging war upon civilians.

I'm sure there's a special place in hell for him.

Forum List

Back