Tom Brady the G.O.A.T

The greatest athlete ever.
Even some of the greatests of all time don't compare to him.
A legend above all of them.

Tom Brady solidifies himself as one of the best athletes in history

The GOAT in football. After this past Super Bowl he is one of the greatest athletes in all sports.
He’s good at seven-on-seven.

That argument doesn't fly. He plays by the rules of his time period. If it's so easy now as you imply then why is he the only QB since Troy Aikman in the early 90's that has won more than 2 Super Bowls? Brady not only won more than 2, he won 7. Even 1st ballot Hall Of Famers Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees only won 1 Super Bowl so far. Peyton Manning won 2. Tom Brady has far outplayed all his peers in his time period. The rule changes are irrelevant. Brady was the football GOAT before the Super Bowl, but moving to a losing organization that hasn't made the playoff since 2007 and winning a Super Bowl by crushing KC put him in the conversation outside of football as one of the greatest athletes along with MJ, Phelps, Ali, Ruth, Gretzky, etc just as the OP's article states.
Talk to his OL coaches. Ask his defensive coordinators. That game I saw last Sunday was won by the TB secondary. Ask his GM’s.

And Jordan doesn't win without Pippen, Rodman, etc. With the exception of Phelps and Ali, these guys all play team sports. But often in team sports it's that one great athlete that puts the team over the top.

Jordan, Phelps, Ali, Ruth, Gretzky and now Brady.
Football requires the best GM’s. One player can’t have the same impact as in basketball. Ask Archie Manning and conversely Larry Bird and Indiana St. An NFL QB can have too much influence thanks to the rules but if he doesn’t get the necessary protection, forget it.
No one ever touched Brady.
My reply to that contention is that Brady won even when his offensive line wasn't good. He got the ball out fast so that his linemen didn't get exposed.
No, you can’t win without LOS superiority.
Yet Brady DID win without line of scrimmage superiority? That contention of yours simply proves how great Brady has been!
Nobody touched him. That clearly demonstrates LOS superiority.
Sigh...I was referring to the times when New England's offensive line was NOT good! If you give Tom Brady time to look over a defense you might as well call the game under a mercy rule because he's going to tear you a new one!
Obviously those times were nonexistent because he’s avoided injury.
The NFL’s GOAT would be Bobby Beathard.
It comes down to player superiority and in a sport with a draft system it depends upon the best GM. Four teams, Super Bowls with all four.

All of this "them thar players back in them thar oldeny times" bullshit is just that. Yes, they were tough SOBs who played the game with grit and determination. They deserve a lot of respect for that, but most of them wouldn't even make a practice squad in today's NFL. They would be immediately exposed as small, slow, out of shape, and comparatively lacking in an analytical understanding of specific positions or complex offensives and defensives. With social media and 24/7 news hyenas, more than half of them would probably be banned or in jail too.

This is one of those useless arguments.

Brady can't scramble the fastest (closer to the slowest).
He can't throw the furthest.
He hasn't rushed for the most touchdowns (not even on the list of QB's with the most) although #1 for passing TD's.

But through skill, cunning, leadership, longevity, being surrounded by quality players and coaching, he's managed to amass more NFL championships as a starting QB than anyone else will likely ever match.

As far as an "athlete" I'll take any steroid free Tour de France athlete over Tom Brady any day.
I’ll take a decathlete over your biker.

So you'd take Caitlyn Jenner over Tom. Interesting.

This is one of those useless arguments.

Brady can't scramble the fastest (closer to the slowest).
He can't throw the furthest.
He hasn't rushed for the most touchdowns (not even on the list of QB's with the most) although #1 for passing TD's.

But through skill, cunning, leadership, longevity, being surrounded by quality players and coaching, he's managed to amass more NFL championships as a starting QB than anyone else will likely ever match.

As far as an "athlete" I'll take any steroid free Tour de France athlete over Tom Brady any day.
I’ll take a decathlete over your biker.

So you'd take Caitlyn Jenner over Tom. Interesting.
Bruce Jenner in his prime, sure.

America voted for Brady as the G.O.A.T by a slide.
Michael Jordan and Lebron James are way behind.
No one will ever again win 7 superbowls.
That record is almost unbreakable, the same thing for Russell 's 11 NBA championships except that it's a lot harder in football.
I'm surprised that Bill Russell was not even mentioned.
To me he's the closest.

America voted for Brady as the G.O.A.T by a slide.
Michael Jordan and Lebron James are way behind.
No one will ever again win 7 superbowls.
That record is almost unbreakable, the same thing for Russell 's 11 NBA championships except that it's a lot harder in football.
I'm surprised that Bill Russell was not even mentioned.
To me he's the closest.

Except for baseball, pro sports fans are generally not too bright. That’s why the NFL only counts their history post-super bowl era. They mostly leave out half of their history. It’s all about TV.

I don't think he's the greatest athlete ever. I think every wide receiver is more athletic. What he is, is the greatest Quarterback of all time.

They need to start talking more about the best offensive linemen, cornerbacks, safeties, linebackers, etc. But there is no one guy that sticks out as the greatest like Tom Brady. I'm proud he played for University of Michigan. Stud.

1631287409047.png

I don't think he's the greatest athlete ever. I think every wide receiver is more athletic. What he is, is the greatest Quarterback of all time.

They need to start talking more about the best offensive linemen, cornerbacks, safeties, linebackers, etc. But there is no one guy that sticks out as the greatest like Tom Brady. I'm proud he played for University of Michigan. Stud.

View attachment 537445
The only one I can compare to Tom Brady is probably Mohamed Ali.
He had charisma.
The rest come and go and none will remember them.
Maybe not the greatest Athlete but he will stay in history as the G.O.A.T
A winner.
The Patriots didn't win nothing before he arrived, and all of sudden every year almost they were in the Superbowl for 20 years.
People will argue, but need to read the statistics.
Tom Brady is special.

Last edited:
He had charisma.
A winner.
The Patriots didn't win nothing before he arrived, and all of sudden every year almost they were in the Superbowl for 20 years.
Tom Brady is special.

Cassius Clay set the trend for ghetto boorishness that has trashed all sports. Thanks to Cassius clay, high school sports have had to adopt rules to enforce sportsmanship. Too many ghetto athletes don’t realize that bragging is boorish and inciting.

He had charisma.
A winner.
Tom Brady is special.

Last year they said Aaron rogers is every bit as good or a quarterback as Tom in every category except for what matters most. Winning.

I don’t think Tom gets enough credit. You know how babe Ruth got famous for one time calling his shot? That’s what Tom Brady does every time he’s down by 8 or less and marches down the field with a minute left. When it matters most, he delivers.

Aaron Rogers does too. That’s why he’s a future hall of famer hands down. But every season except one, eventually Rogers and his packers were knocked out of the playoffs. You can say Brady had better blockers and receivers, but that’s bullshit. The qb is the head of the team. They make a team win or lose. Sure recievers can drop balls and lineman don’t protect, bla bla.

You expect brady to do it and he does it. Over and over. It’s as if he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for 10 superbowls injury free.

Its also political

brady was roasted for even thinking about supporting trump

and he’s white which also puts a target on his back
New England is very well known to vote for Democrats.
The Kennedy family came from here.
To become Republican here you are
Hypocrite.
In Massachusetts we all vote for Democrats..
New England always votes left and never for Republicans.
Never.
Brady made a mistake by supporting Trump, but as a player he is and always be our Hero.

Last edited:
Hypocrite.
Never.
Brady made a mistake by supporting Trump, but as a player he is and always be our Hero.
That is bullshit. There are plenty of Republicans in MA. Our governor is a Republican (sort of). New Hampshire is traditionally quite conservative. The state reliably goes for the democrat candidate in presidential elections, but that doesn't mean there aren't any Republicans here.

Hypocrite.
Never.
Tom Brady should be a Republican. He's super rich. Same reason Ben Carson is a Republican. It makes sense for him fiscally. Kanye too. Bruce Jenner. All of them should be voting Republican. Fiscal issues outweigh social issues.

Tom Brady should be a Republican. He's super rich. Same reason Ben Carson is a Republican. It makes sense for him fiscally. Kanye too. Bruce Jenner. All of them should be voting Republican. Fiscal issues outweigh social issues.
Tom Brady is from California.
California is a democratic state.
They never vote republican like we never do in New England.
People here started to avoid Tom Brady when he went political and started supporting Donald Trump.
We don't like Donald Trump here.
We didn't vote for Trump.
Play Football and leave political issues to politicians.
And keep your mouth shut Tom Brady.

Forum List

Back