Tomorrow Republicans will pretend to laugh and say it's not as bad as liberals thought!

Honestly i don't give a crap what happens tomorrow.

Again. Why do so many here believe that caring has anything to do with reality?

Did you want to wait until we actually know what the indictments are for, CC? You don't seem to have ever heard the old expression that you could get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich if that's what you wanted! The indictment is the easy part...actually proving guilt in a court of law is where Mueller needs to go next.
In highly charged political investigations, indictments are often a tool for getting cooperation. None of these people want to face a public trial and Mueller doesn't care about the little fish. He wants the big enchilada.

That may be true, Flopper but indictments are also used to divert attention from something you don't want the public to fixate on...to something you do! In this case it's a rather remarkable coincidence that the Mueller team has decided to issue indictments NOW just as the Clinton "dossier" narrative was getting a lot of coverage! I've been around long enough to know how the game is played. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised what so ever if the indictments just issued don't amount to much once they are argued in a court of law!
The grand jury met last week and issued the indictments and the press started releasing information about the Clinton dossier narrative. If you're trying to say the grand jury issued indictments to grab media attention away from the Clinton story, that seems pretty far fetched.

Exactly what is illegal about the Clinton campaign funding research into Donald Trump? Just because Trump calls it shocking does not make it so. Political parties and candidates have always funded research into the opposition to uncover dirt.

I suppose with each hit the Trump administration takes from the Muller investigation, they are going to try to bounce it back on Clinton.

Judging from other cases, Plea deals and guilty verdicts to lesser charges will be negotiated in order to get more evidence. This is why Mueller is going after the little fish and middle men.

Papadopoulos has plead guilty to lying to FBI in 2016 and has been working for them ever since. He will probably prove to be far more valuable to Mueller than Manafort because he was an intermediary in the Trump campaign who met with at least one high ranking Russia official and reported to 4 members of the Trump campaign.

Last edited:
Watch for it. Tomorrow no matter who is indicted and no matter for what reason Republicans will construct that tried and true strawman where they claim that liberals thought it would be much worse.

So an actual indictment isn't bad because liberals thought...blah blah you get the point.

While I have your attention isn't it funny how they seem to care more about how the indictment was leaked MORE than they care about someone within the Trump camp being indicted? And the total reason for the investigation is because Trump helped Russia fuck our democracy in the ass.

Oh but they want to tell you that what's really important is anything but Russia and Trump.

It's all fake news until someone gets indicted. Right?
You watch it, no matter what the left wing liberals on the board will compare the indictments to Watergate, you watch. The liberals are already foaming at the mouth waiting in grand expectation. Sad little people who won't accept the will of the people.

My opinion of what happens is exactly what you say because that is what is going to happen. The indictments are floated out there to try and pressure someone into admitting something about someone. They will be all indictments directed at low level flunkies in an attempt to get at Trump. Trump hasn't been even been questioned yet, so don't get your hopes up.
They will be all indictments directed at low level flunkies in an attempt to get at Trump.

Low level like Trump's campaign chairman?
Not even low level in his administration, so I guess on that point I was wrong. But did I call it or what? I said that there would be indictments but no related to the Russians and I was exactly right. I think if anyone is investigated, costing millions, something is bound to turn up, and it did, Freewill scores again.
I said that there would be indictments but no related to the Russians and I was exactly right.

No, you weren't. You were completely wrong. All of the charges are based on their relationships with Russians. Are you high?
As I said, you left wing Trump haters would be saying this equals Watergate, it isn't even the smoking gun or the tip of the ice burg.

From the linked article:

The indictment accuses Mr. Manafort (and business partner Richard Gates ) of funneling money from a pro-Russia party in Ukraine into offshore shell companies and bank accounts. They then allegedly used these accounts to fund their spending habits, neglecting to declare the money to the IRS.

Now tell me what that has to do with the BS of Russia interference with the election.

The indictment also accuses Mr. Manafort of failing to register as an agent for a foreign government as required under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). This is news mainly because violations of that law haven’t been successfully prosecuted since 1966. The Russia probe has exposed the degree to which lobbyists ignore this statute that the Justice Department has failed to enforce. (Democrat Anthony Podesta announced Monday that he is leaving his lobbying firm amid the Mueller probe. He is the brother of John Podesta, who ran Hillary Clinton’s campaign.)

Also from the linked article:

The most striking news is that none of this involves the 2016 election campaign. The indictment makes clear that Mr. Manafort’s work for Ukraine and his money transfers ended in 2014. The 2016 charges are related to false statements Mr. Manafort made to the Justice Department.

So yeah they may be guilty, we have to wait to see, but as Whitewater lead to covictions of 15 on 40 crimes this is tangent to the what was supposedly the investigation. We may even have a case where Consitutional rights were violated. But of course the left only cares about rights when they make false claims of rights as in gay marriage and football players taking a knee.

The truth about Trump and the Manafort indictment

And before you puke on the source the source is actually a OP from the NYTs

So yeah I was exactly correct.

It is easy to predict left wing behavior.

Did you want to wait until we actually know what the indictments are for, CC? You don't seem to have ever heard the old expression that you could get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich if that's what you wanted! The indictment is the easy part...actually proving guilt in a court of law is where Mueller needs to go next.
In highly charged political investigations, indictments are often a tool for getting cooperation. None of these people want to face a public trial and Mueller doesn't care about the little fish. He wants the big enchilada.

That may be true, Flopper but indictments are also used to divert attention from something you don't want the public to fixate on...to something you do! In this case it's a rather remarkable coincidence that the Mueller team has decided to issue indictments NOW just as the Clinton "dossier" narrative was getting a lot of coverage! I've been around long enough to know how the game is played. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised what so ever if the indictments just issued don't amount to much once they are argued in a court of law!
The grand jury met last week and issued the indictments and the press started releasing information about the Clinton dossier narrative. If you're trying to say the grand jury issued indictments to grab media attention away from the Clinton story, that seems pretty far fetched.

Exactly what is illegal about the Clinton campaign funding research into Donald Trump? Just because Trump calls it shocking does not make it so. Political parties and candidates have always funded research into the opposition to uncover dirt.

I suppose with each hit the Trump administration takes from the Muller investigation, they are going to try to bounce it back on Clinton.

Judging from other cases, Plea deals and guilty verdicts to lesser charges will be negotiated in order to get more evidence. This is why Mueller is going after the little fish and middle men.

Papadopoulos has plead guilty to lying to FBI in 2016 and has been working for them ever since. He will probably prove to be far more valuable to Mueller than Manafort because he was an intermediary in the Trump campaign who met with at least one high ranking Russia official and reported to 4 members of the Trump campaign.
Wasn't the dossier created by the Russians and now we find out it may have been bought by the Clinton campaign? I have yet to read exactly what is being investigated concerning Trump. I don't see a smoking gun, other then the fake dossier, but with Clinton it is the usual BS.

Watch for it. Tomorrow no matter who is indicted and no matter for what reason Republicans will construct that tried and true strawman where they claim that liberals thought it would be much worse.

So an actual indictment isn't bad because liberals thought...blah blah you get the point.

While I have your attention isn't it funny how they seem to care more about how the indictment was leaked MORE than they care about someone within the Trump camp being indicted? And the total reason for the investigation is because Trump helped Russia fuck our democracy in the ass.

Oh but they want to tell you that what's really important is anything but Russia and Trump.

You watch it, no matter what the left wing liberals on the board will compare the indictments to Watergate, you watch. The liberals are already foaming at the mouth waiting in grand expectation. Sad little people who won't accept the will of the people.

My opinion of what happens is exactly what you say because that is what is going to happen. The indictments are floated out there to try and pressure someone into admitting something about someone. They will be all indictments directed at low level flunkies in an attempt to get at Trump. Trump hasn't been even been questioned yet, so don't get your hopes up.
They will be all indictments directed at low level flunkies in an attempt to get at Trump.

Not even low level in his administration, so I guess on that point I was wrong. But did I call it or what? I said that there would be indictments but no related to the Russians and I was exactly right. I think if anyone is investigated, costing millions, something is bound to turn up, and it did, Freewill scores again.
I said that there would be indictments but no related to the Russians and I was exactly right.

No, you weren't. You were completely wrong. All of the charges are based on their relationships with Russians. Are you high?
As I said, you left wing Trump haters would be saying this equals Watergate, it isn't even the smoking gun or the tip of the ice burg.

From the linked article:

The indictment accuses Mr. Manafort (and business partner Richard Gates ) of funneling money from a pro-Russia party in Ukraine into offshore shell companies and bank accounts. They then allegedly used these accounts to fund their spending habits, neglecting to declare the money to the IRS.

Now tell me what that has to do with the BS of Russia interference with the election.

The indictment also accuses Mr. Manafort of failing to register as an agent for a foreign government as required under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). This is news mainly because violations of that law haven’t been successfully prosecuted since 1966. The Russia probe has exposed the degree to which lobbyists ignore this statute that the Justice Department has failed to enforce. (Democrat Anthony Podesta announced Monday that he is leaving his lobbying firm amid the Mueller probe. He is the brother of John Podesta, who ran Hillary Clinton’s campaign.)

The most striking news is that none of this involves the 2016 election campaign. The indictment makes clear that Mr. Manafort’s work for Ukraine and his money transfers ended in 2014. The 2016 charges are related to false statements Mr. Manafort made to the Justice Department.

So yeah they may be guilty, we have to wait to see, but as Whitewater lead to covictions of 15 on 40 crimes this is tangent to the what was supposedly the investigation. We may even have a case where Consitutional rights were violated. But of course the left only cares about rights when they make false claims of rights as in gay marriage and football players taking a knee.

You weren't correct at all because that's not what you stated. I quoted you.
Here it is again.

Mueller is building a conspiracy case. This is just the foundation. It certainly doesn't mean there won't be additional counts added to the indictments.

Wasn't the dossier created by the Russians and now we find out it may have been bought by the Clinton campaign? I have yet to read exactly what is being investigated concerning Trump. I don't see a smoking gun, other then the fake dossier, but with Clinton it is the usual BS.
Wasn't the dossier created by the Russians

No.
It was created by Orbis Business Intelligence. A research company founded by Christopher Steele, a former MI6 operative.

I didn't say it was illegal for the Clinton campaign to pay some Russians to make up a fake dossier on Donald Trump! I said it was incredibly SLEAZY! Especially when the Clinton camp then turned around and accused Trump of "collusion"!

What I WILL say is illegal is the Obama Administration obtaining wire taps on the Trump campaign by telling the court that the fake dossier was "proof" that Russia had material to blackmail Trump! Someone should be going to jail for that!

And I'm saying that a Clinton supporter on Mueller's staff leaked news of the indictments to the press because Clinton was getting ROASTED in the media over the fake dossier story! If you think that's far fetched...I think you're a bit naive!

The only naivete is to think that Mueller is not investigating and creating charges that go to the heart of the Trumpers' involvement with the Russians in a criminal conspiracy against the US.

The only naivete is to think that Mueller is not investigating and creating charges that go to the heart of the Trumpers' involvement with the Russians in a criminal conspiracy against the US.

I disagree. The naïveté is believing trump was involved in a criminal conspiracy against the U.S. It's the very definition of begging the question. You presuppose your conclusions and use those assumptions as proof of your conclusions

Avatar, your logic is muddled again. Mueller is investigating, and you will wait on that. You have no choice.

From the linked article:

It was made clear by the Justice department that Mueller would not ignore criminal activity in the course of the investigation. Illegal activities uncovered would be prosecuted which is exactly what he is doing.

The deputy ag, a Republican, gave Mueller, a Republican, his marching orders.

Anything criminl in the course of his investigation is actionable.

Oh I thought this was about the tax bill. LOL

What the hell are you even talking about, Jake? Haven't you figured out that no "collusion" took place? The only thing that Mueller's going to find is that some people on Trump's staff had taken money from Russians. Not to "conspire" against the US but because that's how thing work in Washington, DC! Trump didn't take money from anyone in Russia...nor did Trump "collude" with anyone in Russia! Hillary Clinton on the other hand did BOTH of those things as did dozens of other Democrats and you're naive if you don't understand that's something that's been going on for a long time before Donald Trump ever ran for President! Mark my words on this...folks on the far left are opening a can of worms on this because they're so fixated on "getting" Trump and they think for some reason that sending some of his flunkies to jail is going to accomplish that...but what they don't grasp is that Democrats also have had their snouts deep in the Russian trough and by opening up this investigation into Trump they've made it open season on scores of long time Democratic leaders!

I haven't been wrong about anything yet, Jake! I don't think that's going to change now!

We knew that would be the case.
This case is a big nothing burger.

It was started under false pretenses because you have to state what the crime is before you appoint a special prosecutor.
There is no evidence of a crime.
Not even probable cause.
All you have is a setup hatched from the Hillary camp in a blatant attempt to get even for her loss in the election.
The guilty parties are running this fishing expedition.
Crimes that led up to this fishing expedition were swept under the rug and people's rights to due process and protections from illegal search and seizure were totally ignored.

From the linked article:

You weren't correct at all because that's not what you stated. I quoted you.
Here it is again.

Mueller is building a conspiracy case. This is just the foundation. It certainly doesn't mean there won't be additional counts added to the indictments.
Gosh contradict yourself much? Maybe he is trying to build a case, which again is exactly what I said the indictments were all about, Freewill scores yet again. The investigation may turn into an indictment of Trump having secretly married Hillary. But for now it is nothing about Russian collusion in the election. Thanks for admitting it.

Forum List

Back