Top gun rights advocates democrats pushing most extreme gun control in decades

Right and taking guns away from people who don't kill won't stop one single killing
Every killer with a gun didn’t kill people till he did. We don’t need to take all guns. The Swiss have lots of guns, they just have much stronger laws.

So 100000 women were raped last year and every rapist wasn't a rapist until he was so maybe we should put you on a sex offenders list

Your "logic" fails

Using the Swiss. The Swiss only issues those rifles to it's Military. When they finish their Military Obligation, they go into reserve status and must keep and maintain that one weapon. If they don't serve or haven't served in the Military or were separated with an other than Honorable Condition, they can only possess certain hunting Rifles and Shotguns that were predetermined. Some of their citizens are barred from owning ANY firearms. So you see, the Swiss are actually more strict than we are here.
IDGAF about the Swiss.

I'm not Swiss
I do not want to be Swiss

Of you want to be Swiss then move you feeble old ass to Switzerland.

I have no problem with violent felons being denied gun ownership.

I am not a violent felon and there is absolutely no reason for you or anyone else to tell me what I can and can't own
So the Swiss have lots of guns and low homicide. You obviously prefer lots of homicides.

I don't give a flying or any other kind of fuck about other countries.

And where I live we have virtually no homicides you might live in one of those inner city shit holes that skew our murder rate but I don't

A semiautomatic rifle is just a semiautomatic rifle

Millions of people own them and will never kill anyone with them

I am not responsible for what a fraction of a fraction or a percent of people do

Do you have a car?

If you do then you are making it easier for people to drive drunk and kill other people therefore you are infringing on their right to life or is it your position that you are not responsible for those people that drive drunk?
Countries with strong gun control don’t have a mass shooting problem. You are arming killers.

Then move.

Mass killings account for 1% of all murders so even if you could stop them and you can't you wouldn't even put a dent in the murder rate

Mass killers are more a result of the decay of our society than it is about guns.
Our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. There is a big dent to be made.

MAss killings account for 1% of all murders

And our homicide rate is not driven by guns it is driven by the cancer we have allowed to spread in our inner cities

You back to this crap again. Denver used to be the cop murder capital of the World. It also, per capita, was ranked with Chicago and Detroit. It currently hhas 1/7th the rate. It's one of the lowest rates for cities in the nation. Why is that?

Chicago rates 26 per year while Detroit rates 43. Baltimore is a whopping 58. St. Louis owns the record at a whopping 60. Meanwhile NYC comes in with a paltry 4. Tell me again that stricter gun regs don't make a difference. NYC has about the most strict in the nation. Denver coming in at less than 8 has less strict. But places in the deep south are off the danged charts. Not as bad as St. Louis but as bad or worse than Chicago. Remember these figures when you are going off on the number murders in Chicago, Detroit or, especially, NYC. NYC learned from the Denver experiment of the 60s and 70s. It just took them until the 90s to start it. Just remember, Dallas and Houston are much worse than NYC by a huge margin 10 and 11. That is the reality. But if you watch too much TV and Movies, NYC looks like a killing ground. You are safer in NYC than almost any City in the US but not according to the Boob Tube Cop shows. And even Los Angeles come out looking pretty go with a rating of 7. But don't bring up just about every other major city in the South. Those are killing grounds in comparison to NYC.

Some of the Cities learned from Denver and it shows. NYC learned the lesson and should teach the class these days.

Now, on the western side of Colorado where we are a deep red part of the state (the blue Tsunami that hit Colorado last Tuesday) completely misses us here, our murder rate per capita is higher than Denvers and it continues to rise. This area doesn't have a lot of tall apartment buildings crammed together. Most of it is single home dwellings. It's not much of an Urban area yet our crime rate is out of control. Even here, I don't worry about walking down the street at 2am and worry about my safety. Most of this murder happens in certain locations and it doesn't flow out to where I live. Why? Because we won't tolerate it. You want to be violent, you go live with the other violent people. BTW, more whites kill whites than other races kill whites and other races. Grand Junction Colorado made the top 10 of the worst places to live in the State along with all the towns within 160 miles of it. I could tell you why but let's leave that for another time and another discussion.

As for mass murders, Colorado has had three until common sense gun regulations, policies and community involvement were started. I know we can't stop them but we can keep the body count down. And that is exactly what we do.

Cop murder?

When you start using qualifiers to manipulate the stats your argument is a failure.

MAss murders are a nonissue and obsessing over 1% of all murders will do absolutely nothing to lower the murder rate of the country

Why don't you concentrate on where 70% of all murders occur?

NH has had the lowest murder rate in the entire country for over a decade now despite its plethora of gun owners and their fairly lax gun laws

CA has a murder rate 4 times higher despite the fact that it has the toughest gun laws in the country

CA also has several ultra violent inner city areas that are historically plagued with segregation, unemployment poverty and a myriad of other social ills that make them the perfect breeding ground for gangs and the drug trade.

Other cities in the country with these same issues as CA has are what skew our murder rates

Then move.

Mass killings account for 1% of all murders so even if you could stop them and you can't you wouldn't even put a dent in the murder rate

Mass killers are more a result of the decay of our society than it is about guns.
Our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. There is a big dent to be made.

And our homicide rate is not driven by guns it is driven by the cancer we have allowed to spread in our inner cities

You back to this crap again. Denver used to be the cop murder capital of the World. It also, per capita, was ranked with Chicago and Detroit. It currently hhas 1/7th the rate. It's one of the lowest rates for cities in the nation. Why is that?

Chicago rates 26 per year while Detroit rates 43. Baltimore is a whopping 58. St. Louis owns the record at a whopping 60. Meanwhile NYC comes in with a paltry 4. Tell me again that stricter gun regs don't make a difference. NYC has about the most strict in the nation. Denver coming in at less than 8 has less strict. But places in the deep south are off the danged charts. Not as bad as St. Louis but as bad or worse than Chicago. Remember these figures when you are going off on the number murders in Chicago, Detroit or, especially, NYC. NYC learned from the Denver experiment of the 60s and 70s. It just took them until the 90s to start it. Just remember, Dallas and Houston are much worse than NYC by a huge margin 10 and 11. That is the reality. But if you watch too much TV and Movies, NYC looks like a killing ground. You are safer in NYC than almost any City in the US but not according to the Boob Tube Cop shows. And even Los Angeles come out looking pretty go with a rating of 7. But don't bring up just about every other major city in the South. Those are killing grounds in comparison to NYC.

Some of the Cities learned from Denver and it shows. NYC learned the lesson and should teach the class these days.

Now, on the western side of Colorado where we are a deep red part of the state (the blue Tsunami that hit Colorado last Tuesday) completely misses us here, our murder rate per capita is higher than Denvers and it continues to rise. This area doesn't have a lot of tall apartment buildings crammed together. Most of it is single home dwellings. It's not much of an Urban area yet our crime rate is out of control. Even here, I don't worry about walking down the street at 2am and worry about my safety. Most of this murder happens in certain locations and it doesn't flow out to where I live. Why? Because we won't tolerate it. You want to be violent, you go live with the other violent people. BTW, more whites kill whites than other races kill whites and other races. Grand Junction Colorado made the top 10 of the worst places to live in the State along with all the towns within 160 miles of it. I could tell you why but let's leave that for another time and another discussion.

As for mass murders, Colorado has had three until common sense gun regulations, policies and community involvement were started. I know we can't stop them but we can keep the body count down. And that is exactly what we do.
Firearms have nothing to do with it

And yet the lowest number of Murders goes to the one with the strictest gun regulations. The Highest body counts goes to the ones with the most lax. Do you mean you don't see the corolation on this one? It's pretty simple math.

Wrong

NH has the lowest murder rate in the country

CA has a murder rate that is 4 times higher

Gun laws do not lower the murder rate

The Democrats will be forcing us to take a bite out of a big turd sandwich.

They always fuck us when they get power.

The only question is how big of a bite will we have to take.

Anything they send to the Senate will die there

And yet the lowest number of Murders goes to the one with the strictest gun regulations. The Highest body counts goes to the ones with the most lax. Do you mean you don't see the corolation on this one? It's pretty simple math.
Na, not really

Prove me wrong, cupcake. I'll wait.
It hard to even find any violence in rural America... where most of the firearms are.

I would hope that you are right but don't count on it.

Look what happen here in Florida with a good majority of Republicans in the Legislature and a Republican Governor. Bump stock gone, easy confiscation of firearms and 18,19 and 20 year olds denied the ability to purchase anything other than a shotgun.

If something comes along that the NRA is weak on then it could pass. The Democrats introduced a bill yesterday to effectively screw up the 80% receivers and the importation of any assault weapon parts. There goes the AKs. I could see something like that passing. Maybe not as a direct bill but an add on to some must pass legislation.

Don't count on Republicans or the Courts to protect your Constitutional rights abuse by the Democrats. That is what got us the 1994 AWB, background checks, the Hughes Amendment.

Countries with strong gun control don’t have a mass shooting problem. You are arming killers.

Then move.

Other countries have the cancer without the death. Too many guns.
No they don't

Our inner cities are plagued by generations of segregation. poverty, drugs and the crime and violence that come along with those

But no one cares since most of the murders in this country occur in inner city shit holes

Where I live the murder rate is virtually ZERO despite the fact that most people own guns

So it ain't guns that cause murder

I live in an area where there are less than 200K people in about a 120 mile range in every direction. Yet, we have had more cops shot here than Denver. Our Crime rate has gone up hard. And this is a solid red area. Last year, we even had a close call for a school shooting that was thwarted. This town/City is listed as the 3rd worst place to live in Colorado due to high living costs, low wages, high unemployment and high crime. Yet, I can safely walk down any street at 2am in the morning without fear of my life. Most large Cities have areas that are the worst of the lot while the rest is essentially crime free. Our crime areas are just smaller and so is the overall population. If I were to take in just Fruitvale, I could also say that the crime rate is virtually zero. But Grand Junction and Clifton (east and west of here) both have a higher crime rate. Clifton is much higher than Grand Junction. So you can cherry pick and get bogus figures.

Let's take NYC for instance. Amazon is building a distribution center and headquarters in NYC. They picked it for a lot of reasons. One huge reason was the crime rate is so low in NYC along with the housing that will have to be built, the road infrastructure, unemployed people with the skill sets they need and more. Amazon is also getting a nice hefty tax relief from NYC and NY itself. What it means is that over 50,000 workers will be employed just in the Center. But it will mean that probably well over 100K jobs will be created. NYC has been doing this for about 10 years. They work on low crime and work to attract Corporate Businesses. This reduces crime, increases the tax base, and a lot of other positive things. NYC has become the city (and the surrounding burrows) that others need to copy. Think of this, in less than 20 years, NYC was almost tied with the worst armpits in the nation for crime especially murder.

It wasn't "More Guns" that made the difference. It was cops and the communities working together to reduce crime along with the Corporate Businesses moving into that area where people can make a decent living. Guns had almost nothing to do with the success. But Guns were a large contributing factor 20 years ago making it an armpit city.

Using this as the yardstick, there are just so many other positives that comes out of getting those jobs back. If the people have jobs that allow them to have any excess of funds after the bills they don't allow drug dealers, pimps and such to stay around. And all these undesirables stay around because the community allows it. No amount of Guns will change that. So arming everyone just causes more problems than if you clean the place up the way NYC has done.

And for you idjits that are playing Politics, it hasn't been any one Mayor that has done this. NYC has gone through multiple Mayors of both parties in the last 20 years. In fact, the Mayors have had little to do with it. The Communities just got sick of it and are continuously turning things around. It's when you stop with the political BS and start working for the good of the People that good things will happen.

So how about stopping this Political BS and work towards making the armpit areas around your own home into something other than armpits.

Na, not really

It hard to even find any violence in rural America... where most of the firearms are.

Using this area as a yardstick, everyone in the Rural Area (and that is most of this area) would have to have at least 60 guns and hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo. Do you listen to yourself?

Look what happen here in Florida with a good majority of Republicans in the Legislature and a Republican Governor. Bump stock gone, easy confiscation of firearms and 18,19 and 20 year olds denied the ability to purchase anything other than a shotgun.

If something comes along that the NRA is weak on then it could pass. The Democrats introduced a bill yesterday to effectively screw up the 80% receivers and the importation of any assault weapon parts. There goes the AKs. I could see something like that passing. Maybe not as a direct bill but an add on to some must pass legislation.

Don't count on Republicans or the Courts to protect your Constitutional rights abuse by the Democrats. That is what got us the 1994 AWB, background checks, the Hughes Amendment.

And it's all up to the states and local governments, not the Feds or even the Federal Courts. You don't like the laws where you are, work to change them or move. Those are your only two options.

And it's all up to the states and local governments, not the Feds or even the Federal Courts. You don't like the laws where you are, work to change them or move. Those are your only two options.

You are confused Moon Bat. There are Federal gun control laws. Go look up NFA. That asshole Clinton and those dipshit Democrats passed that 1994 assault weapons ban. When you purchase a firearm you have to go through a despicable background check because of a stupid Federal law. There are others.

Democracy can be just as oppressive as any other form of government. At the end of the day it is rule of the mob. That is why we have a Bill of Rights but unfortunately in the case of the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed it is ignored by every asshole piece of shit Liberal in the country. Also the fucking shithead courts do not apply strict scrutiny to that right like they do other rights and that is also despicable.

Na, not really

Using this area as a yardstick, everyone in the Rural Area (and that is most of this area) would have to have at least 60 guns and hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo. Do you listen to yourself?
Firearms out number people in rural areas many, many times over...

Then move.

No they don't

Our inner cities are plagued by generations of segregation. poverty, drugs and the crime and violence that come along with those

But no one cares since most of the murders in this country occur in inner city shit holes

Where I live the murder rate is virtually ZERO despite the fact that most people own guns

I live in an area where there are less than 200K people in about a 120 mile range in every direction. Yet, we have had more cops shot here than Denver. Our Crime rate has gone up hard. And this is a solid red area. Last year, we even had a close call for a school shooting that was thwarted. This town/City is listed as the 3rd worst place to live in Colorado due to high living costs, low wages, high unemployment and high crime. Yet, I can safely walk down any street at 2am in the morning without fear of my life. Most large Cities have areas that are the worst of the lot while the rest is essentially crime free. Our crime areas are just smaller and so is the overall population. If I were to take in just Fruitvale, I could also say that the crime rate is virtually zero. But Grand Junction and Clifton (east and west of here) both have a higher crime rate. Clifton is much higher than Grand Junction. So you can cherry pick and get bogus figures.

Let's take NYC for instance. Amazon is building a distribution center and headquarters in NYC. They picked it for a lot of reasons. One huge reason was the crime rate is so low in NYC along with the housing that will have to be built, the road infrastructure, unemployed people with the skill sets they need and more. Amazon is also getting a nice hefty tax relief from NYC and NY itself. What it means is that over 50,000 workers will be employed just in the Center. But it will mean that probably well over 100K jobs will be created. NYC has been doing this for about 10 years. They work on low crime and work to attract Corporate Businesses. This reduces crime, increases the tax base, and a lot of other positive things. NYC has become the city (and the surrounding burrows) that others need to copy. Think of this, in less than 20 years, NYC was almost tied with the worst armpits in the nation for crime especially murder.

It wasn't "More Guns" that made the difference. It was cops and the communities working together to reduce crime along with the Corporate Businesses moving into that area where people can make a decent living. Guns had almost nothing to do with the success. But Guns were a large contributing factor 20 years ago making it an armpit city.

Using this as the yardstick, there are just so many other positives that comes out of getting those jobs back. If the people have jobs that allow them to have any excess of funds after the bills they don't allow drug dealers, pimps and such to stay around. And all these undesirables stay around because the community allows it. No amount of Guns will change that. So arming everyone just causes more problems than if you clean the place up the way NYC has done.

And for you idjits that are playing Politics, it hasn't been any one Mayor that has done this. NYC has gone through multiple Mayors of both parties in the last 20 years. In fact, the Mayors have had little to do with it. The Communities just got sick of it and are continuously turning things around. It's when you stop with the political BS and start working for the good of the People that good things will happen.

So how about stopping this Political BS and work towards making the armpit areas around your own home into something other than armpits.

Where have I ever said anything about more guns or arming everyone?

I said gun laws do not reduce murder rates if they did then CA would have the lowest murder rate in the country but that has never been true

What CA does have is many ultra-violent inner city areas that are plagued by poverty, drugs, gangs and the violence those things foster

And FYI the crime rate where I live is near ZERO while the crime and murder rate in my state is driven by the areas near the capitol city where the urban decay is rooted

And I am not responsible for any of them therefore none of my rights need to be curbed
We need to stop the killing, regardless of what selfish children like you think.

Right and taking guns away from people who don't kill won't stop one single killing
Take away enough of them and it just might. Only one way to find out.

As long as you're OK with your rights being taken away for a crime someone else committed.

Mothers kill their children
You are a woman
I assume you had children

by your logic if we take all kids way from their mothers we will stop mothers from killing their children
Most of us don’t value the right to quickly become a mass killer. The right to life is far more important.
The right to bear arms is not the right to be a mass killer it is in fact the right to maintain and protect your own life which is why gun control is a hypocritical lie

Take away enough of them and it just might. Only one way to find out.

As long as you're OK with your rights being taken away for a crime someone else committed.

You are a woman

by your logic if we take all kids way from their mothers we will stop mothers from killing their children
Most of us don’t value the right to quickly become a mass killer. The right to life is far more important.

You have no right to be a mass killer.

I never said you did.

But if you want to apply your everyone is a criminal until they are not false logic to every crime then you should be held responsible for every single one of the 100000 rapes committed last year
You sure work hard to arm killers.
So do you and your killers are far more bloody and have a higher body count. So keep talking hypocrite

You are a woman

You have no right to be a mass killer.

I never said you did.

But if you want to apply your everyone is a criminal until they are not false logic to every crime then you should be held responsible for every single one of the 100000 rapes committed last year
You sure work hard to arm killers.

No I work hard to protect the rights of people who have done nothing wrong where you want to blame people for crimes they don't commit
I want to save lives. Your more concerned about being macho with lots of guns.
No you do not you are lying every time you make such claims. You make no mention of the government killing millions.

You are only concerned with individuals having the means to defend themselves.

To you it is about who will be sacrificed not saving any lives. That is irrefutable fact

Lets hope so. Mass shootings are happening all the time. Law enforcement are shooting people and getting shot regularly. Our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. Our laws are so weak angry kids get guns and become mass killers.

Oy
Another meathead who thinks gun laws will stop mass shootings. Thankfully, by a huge margin. Americans dont concur with that level of st00pid!:113:Too....they know some people out there just dont possess connect the dots abilities.....the bubble folks.

No they don't

Where have I ever said anything about more guns or arming everyone?

I said gun laws do not reduce murder rates if they did then CA would have the lowest murder rate in the country but that has never been true

What CA does have is many ultra-violent inner city areas that are plagued by poverty, drugs, gangs and the violence those things foster

And FYI the crime rate where I live is near ZERO while the crime and murder rate in my state is driven by the areas near the capitol city where the urban decay is rooted

NYC is downright draconian compared to California yet they have a murder rate approaching zero (2.4) The laws were passed and they upheld them with long jail sentences. The Civilians did get caught up in that at first but later learned just to follow the law. But the criminals didn't and it allowed them to get a lot of the armed criminals out of circulation. CA let's too much of their laws slide because it will affect their citizens. Yes, at first it does until the civilians learn they are serious. But it is one way to get the bad guy off the street.

If your area is zero then what the devil are you even doing in this discussion? You ain't got no skin in the game.

Lets hope so. Mass shootings are happening all the time. Law enforcement are shooting people and getting shot regularly. Our homicide rate is 4-5X higher than countries with strong gun control. Our laws are so weak angry kids get guns and become mass killers.

Oy
Another meathead who thinks gun laws will stop mass shootings. Thankfully, by a huge margin. Americans dont concur with that level of st00pid!:113:Too....they know some people out there just dont possess connect the dots abilities.....the bubble folks.

So you asked a huge majority of the public this question? No, I don't think so. You would be so busy doing that that you wouldn't have the time nor the energy to post in here. What you do have is a preconcieved notion and accept it as fact. Hate to break it to you but MOST people believe in what I call the Common Sense Firearms Regulations and they do work along with getting some social changes as well at the same time. Yes, even Florida.

Oy

So you asked a huge majority of the public this question? No, I don't think so. You would be so busy doing that that you wouldn't have the time nor the energy to post in here. What you do have is a preconcieved notion and accept it as fact. Hate to break it to you but MOST people believe in what I call the Common Sense Firearms Regulations and they do work along with getting some social changes as well at the same time. Yes, even Florida.

Of course they work. Whatever you say s0n!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back